Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22
Support as long as there's both (a) a toggle on the dragon's page so buyers can check to see what the real names are before buying, and (b) a toggle for users in their settings or wherever that they can check to either "always" or "never" see custom nicknames.

The reason is that I do a lot of clicking through parent lists and offspring lists to try to triangulate exactly who two dragons are related to, especially when I'm trying to build a breeding pair and want to know how far back in the lineage I need to go to start looking for compatible offspring with certain colors/genes/whatever.

Meaning I often start with a dragon in mind, know that dragon's name, and know the name of the dragon it's related to as well as the name of the closest relation (the one Assay Bloodlines gives you when your dragons can't mate) and click through generation after generation of both of their parents until I find where the Assay Bloodlines dragon fits into the other two dragons' lineages. This is unwieldy and takes a lot of time already; I would never, ever get it done if I had to hover or check a toggle or whatever to see every dragon in a list of 30 offsprings' nicknames as well as real names, for 6 generations of grandparents, on both sides of two different dragons' lineages. It's not even worth contemplating.

So it has to be a toggle, AND it has to be possible to set it to default to no nicknames when I'm viewing someone's lair; I would prefer that it be possible to just turn the option off completely from my settings, so I don't have to do it on every single dragon page for every single offspring list.
Support as long as there's both (a) a toggle on the dragon's page so buyers can check to see what the real names are before buying, and (b) a toggle for users in their settings or wherever that they can check to either "always" or "never" see custom nicknames.

The reason is that I do a lot of clicking through parent lists and offspring lists to try to triangulate exactly who two dragons are related to, especially when I'm trying to build a breeding pair and want to know how far back in the lineage I need to go to start looking for compatible offspring with certain colors/genes/whatever.

Meaning I often start with a dragon in mind, know that dragon's name, and know the name of the dragon it's related to as well as the name of the closest relation (the one Assay Bloodlines gives you when your dragons can't mate) and click through generation after generation of both of their parents until I find where the Assay Bloodlines dragon fits into the other two dragons' lineages. This is unwieldy and takes a lot of time already; I would never, ever get it done if I had to hover or check a toggle or whatever to see every dragon in a list of 30 offsprings' nicknames as well as real names, for 6 generations of grandparents, on both sides of two different dragons' lineages. It's not even worth contemplating.

So it has to be a toggle, AND it has to be possible to set it to default to no nicknames when I'm viewing someone's lair; I would prefer that it be possible to just turn the option off completely from my settings, so I don't have to do it on every single dragon page for every single offspring list.
Oh god this would be so nice, it totally gets rid of spite exalting and lets players maintain their aesthetic without majorly changing gameplay. Total support here.
Oh god this would be so nice, it totally gets rid of spite exalting and lets players maintain their aesthetic without majorly changing gameplay. Total support here.
bonsai_selkirie_1_wip_by_auricolor-dawffmd.png
*loud Screaming* Yes please
*loud Screaming* Yes please
I like this idea.
As for any confusion: maybe add a little pen or quill icon next to a changed name and when you hover over the pen/quill you see the original name?
I like this idea.
As for any confusion: maybe add a little pen or quill icon next to a changed name and when you hover over the pen/quill you see the original name?
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
The only way I would support this is if there's the option for users to not see the nicknames, and the nicknaming feature was ONLY available for exalted dragons. Even then, I'm not really a fan of this suggestion. I think it would be better to simply have the option to hide the offspring box.

I have sympathy for a user who's dragons' offspring are Unnamed. That's a bummer. Same thing if they're spite exalted, or exalted with a name dedicated to the wrong deity, or accidentally exalted with a name like "GenOneXXY".

I do not have sympathy for users who are upset that someone else's dragon is screwing up their lair "aesthetics" with an "ugly" name.

I think this would cause a lot more drama and hurt feelings than the current system. I know I would be pretty damn uncomfortable if I was looking at a page that listed one of my permadergs, and that user had nicknamed them something I felt was inappropriate or ill-fitting. My dragons have names, thank you, and your choice of name for my dragons shouldn't override mine anywhere on the site, outside of in user-made lore in bios.
The only way I would support this is if there's the option for users to not see the nicknames, and the nicknaming feature was ONLY available for exalted dragons. Even then, I'm not really a fan of this suggestion. I think it would be better to simply have the option to hide the offspring box.

I have sympathy for a user who's dragons' offspring are Unnamed. That's a bummer. Same thing if they're spite exalted, or exalted with a name dedicated to the wrong deity, or accidentally exalted with a name like "GenOneXXY".

I do not have sympathy for users who are upset that someone else's dragon is screwing up their lair "aesthetics" with an "ugly" name.

I think this would cause a lot more drama and hurt feelings than the current system. I know I would be pretty damn uncomfortable if I was looking at a page that listed one of my permadergs, and that user had nicknamed them something I felt was inappropriate or ill-fitting. My dragons have names, thank you, and your choice of name for my dragons shouldn't override mine anywhere on the site, outside of in user-made lore in bios.
OVI5Wp2.gif
Support because it's really annoying to have Unnamed offspring.
Support because it's really annoying to have Unnamed offspring.
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
I am still in huuuuge favor of this as I HATE HATE HATE Unnamed hatchlings. I am an old dragons collector and sometimes the dragons i buy have unnamed offspring. I always name hatchlings myself so this an option to change an unnamed hatchlings on my own dragons prifiles would be amazing.
I am still in huuuuge favor of this as I HATE HATE HATE Unnamed hatchlings. I am an old dragons collector and sometimes the dragons i buy have unnamed offspring. I always name hatchlings myself so this an option to change an unnamed hatchlings on my own dragons prifiles would be amazing.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I've never really been one to care too much about hatchling names, but I fully support this! Maybe an option to change nicknames of their parents, too? I second having a toggle to see the real names, and an option to turn on/off seeing dragon nicknames.
I've never really been one to care too much about hatchling names, but I fully support this! Maybe an option to change nicknames of their parents, too? I second having a toggle to see the real names, and an option to turn on/off seeing dragon nicknames.
[quote name="AleksInvictus" date="2017-12-26 22:18:26" ] The only way I would support this is if there's the option for users to not see the nicknames, and the nicknaming feature was ONLY available for exalted dragons. Even then, I'm not really a fan of this suggestion. I think it would be better to simply have the option to hide the offspring box. I have sympathy for a user who's dragons' offspring are Unnamed. That's a bummer. Same thing if they're spite exalted, or exalted with a name dedicated to the wrong deity, or accidentally exalted with a name like "GenOneXXY". I do not have sympathy for users who are upset that someone else's dragon is screwing up their lair "aesthetics" with an "ugly" name. I think this would cause a lot more drama and hurt feelings than the current system. I know I would be pretty damn uncomfortable if I was looking at a page that listed one of my permadergs, and that user had nicknamed them something I felt was inappropriate or ill-fitting. My dragons have names, thank you, and your choice of name for my dragons shouldn't override mine anywhere on the site, outside of in user-made lore in bios. [/quote] I think this is a great addition, and if it was like this, full support.
AleksInvictus wrote on 2017-12-26 22:18:26:

I think this is a great addition, and if it was like this, full support.
83232606.png:Pet The Bean:83232606.png
[quote]My dragons have names, thank you, and your choice of name for my dragons shouldn't override mine anywhere on the site, outside of in user-made lore in bios.[/quote] I still don't know why your name for my dragons' children has to override my choice for my dragons' children in my dragons' page. I name every last dragon before I sell it, but sometimes they're renamed. I'm fine with this, of course, and I made the choice knowing that some of my dragons' children would be renamed. However, given the option, I would give some of them nicknames. I would like people to see my dragons (including their offspring list) the way I want to present them. If my giving one of your dragons a nickname in my dragon's offspring list is upsetting, then I guess you can get gen1s or something? I'm not fiddling with your dragon or demanding you change the name or anything like that. I'm only changing [i]my[/i] dragon. And so what if I do think the name you picked is ill-fitting? It is, to me. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'd like to make my dragons' offspring lists something more appropriate to them. In short, a toggle would be okay, but I'd really rather there wasn't. Instead, there would be an icon or some other visual indicator it's a nickname. A hover or something would show the dragon's name. My dragons' offspring lists are under my control, and I'd like them to be shown on my dragons' pages the way I'd like them to be shown. It's not affecting anything but my dragons. On that note, I assume this suggestion includes nicknames for parents.
Quote:
My dragons have names, thank you, and your choice of name for my dragons shouldn't override mine anywhere on the site, outside of in user-made lore in bios.
I still don't know why your name for my dragons' children has to override my choice for my dragons' children in my dragons' page. I name every last dragon before I sell it, but sometimes they're renamed. I'm fine with this, of course, and I made the choice knowing that some of my dragons' children would be renamed. However, given the option, I would give some of them nicknames. I would like people to see my dragons (including their offspring list) the way I want to present them. If my giving one of your dragons a nickname in my dragon's offspring list is upsetting, then I guess you can get gen1s or something? I'm not fiddling with your dragon or demanding you change the name or anything like that. I'm only changing my dragon. And so what if I do think the name you picked is ill-fitting? It is, to me. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'd like to make my dragons' offspring lists something more appropriate to them.

In short, a toggle would be okay, but I'd really rather there wasn't. Instead, there would be an icon or some other visual indicator it's a nickname. A hover or something would show the dragon's name. My dragons' offspring lists are under my control, and I'd like them to be shown on my dragons' pages the way I'd like them to be shown. It's not affecting anything but my dragons.

On that note, I assume this suggestion includes nicknames for parents.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22