Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
no support
no support
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
YES!!! YES YES YES, YES!!!
i LOVE this idea as someone who's picky with offspring names. plus it doesn't hurt anyone. unnamed-exalters can do as they wish, while picky people like me can keep their offspring lists tidy. everyone wins.

i think the best way to implement this would be:
- only apply to exalted dragons...? because some people are complaining that people will name their unnamed dragons for them, which i understand. but if it's exalted it belongs to nobody. most unnameds i see in my dragons' offspring lists are exalted anyway.
- only show on your screen, not to other people, so no one can scam others into buying a dragon with unnamed kids
- have a different colored font to show that it was nicknamed

all in all AWESOME and doesn't hurt anyone, so i don't see why anyone would be against it
YES!!! YES YES YES, YES!!!
i LOVE this idea as someone who's picky with offspring names. plus it doesn't hurt anyone. unnamed-exalters can do as they wish, while picky people like me can keep their offspring lists tidy. everyone wins.

i think the best way to implement this would be:
- only apply to exalted dragons...? because some people are complaining that people will name their unnamed dragons for them, which i understand. but if it's exalted it belongs to nobody. most unnameds i see in my dragons' offspring lists are exalted anyway.
- only show on your screen, not to other people, so no one can scam others into buying a dragon with unnamed kids
- have a different colored font to show that it was nicknamed

all in all AWESOME and doesn't hurt anyone, so i don't see why anyone would be against it
my name is keaton i'm a dude and i like unpleasant music

LF a male 4 digit!!! please help me get my boy
I'm so tired.

But I do have a question, what happens when that dragon of yours gets sold to someone else? Do they have the right to change it back to unnamed? Oh wait they can't...
I'm so tired.

But I do have a question, what happens when that dragon of yours gets sold to someone else? Do they have the right to change it back to unnamed? Oh wait they can't...
[quote name="SemizDevyati" date="2023-03-08 10:39:10" ] I'm so tired. But I do have a question, what happens when that dragon of yours gets sold to someone else? Do they have the right to change it back to unnamed? Oh wait they can't... [/quote] I suggest a nice cup if black tea. Or maybe a nap. I would imagine that all the changed names would get put back to whatever their names actually are after the dragon is sold? Including Unnamed. That's how I was imagining it, anyway. Like a silhouette scroll has to be switched off.
SemizDevyati wrote on 2023-03-08 10:39:10:
I'm so tired.

I suggest a nice cup if black tea. Or maybe a nap.

I would imagine that all the changed names would get put back to whatever their names actually are after the dragon is sold? Including Unnamed. That's how I was imagining it, anyway. Like a silhouette scroll has to be switched off.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2023-03-08 10:42:42" ] [quote name="SemizDevyati" date="2023-03-08 10:39:10" ] I'm so tired. But I do have a question, what happens when that dragon of yours gets sold to someone else? Do they have the right to change it back to unnamed? Oh wait they can't... [/quote] I suggest a nice cup if black tea. Or maybe a nap. I would imagine that all the changed names would get put back to whatever their names actually are after the dragon is sold? Including Unnamed. That's how I was imagining it, anyway. Like a silhouette scroll has to be switched off. [/quote] This is what I was thinking. The names wouldn't be persistent across users. I also would imagine (hope) this would be a lot like naming familiars: simple and no charge for changing it.
Almedha wrote on 2023-03-08 10:42:42:
SemizDevyati wrote on 2023-03-08 10:39:10:
I'm so tired.

I suggest a nice cup if black tea. Or maybe a nap.

I would imagine that all the changed names would get put back to whatever their names actually are after the dragon is sold? Including Unnamed. That's how I was imagining it, anyway. Like a silhouette scroll has to be switched off.
This is what I was thinking.

The names wouldn't be persistent across users. I also would imagine (hope) this would be a lot like naming familiars: simple and no charge for changing it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
i feel like people are a tiny bit harsh with the replies here...

initially i was thinking support, but then i realized i would probably spend too much time on thinking of names for dragons that aren't even mine.

no support from me sorry fren.
i feel like people are a tiny bit harsh with the replies here...

initially i was thinking support, but then i realized i would probably spend too much time on thinking of names for dragons that aren't even mine.

no support from me sorry fren.
My issue with this is that anytime someone suggests having comments on dragon profiles people say no because mods wont be able to moderate every dragon profile for harassment or harmful content. The same can be said for nicknames. If someone doesnt like the person who bought one of their offspring nothing stops them from being like "TrashOwner" in their nicknames. Or what if it was a trans person who has a fallout with a friend and that friend renames all their offspring to the trans person's deadnane. I know it's a specific example, but I'm more trying to point out how far this can go to affect a real person far more than having a poor aesthetically nsmed dragon would. And it isnt like you can report someone naming offspring "Jim" or anything like that. How would this be moderated in any meaningful way?

I would only support this if it was for exalted dragons since that isnt tied to anyone but the parent and the offspring. It wouldnt be as easy to be attached to a particular person .
My issue with this is that anytime someone suggests having comments on dragon profiles people say no because mods wont be able to moderate every dragon profile for harassment or harmful content. The same can be said for nicknames. If someone doesnt like the person who bought one of their offspring nothing stops them from being like "TrashOwner" in their nicknames. Or what if it was a trans person who has a fallout with a friend and that friend renames all their offspring to the trans person's deadnane. I know it's a specific example, but I'm more trying to point out how far this can go to affect a real person far more than having a poor aesthetically nsmed dragon would. And it isnt like you can report someone naming offspring "Jim" or anything like that. How would this be moderated in any meaningful way?

I would only support this if it was for exalted dragons since that isnt tied to anyone but the parent and the offspring. It wouldnt be as easy to be attached to a particular person .
[quote name="Haven" date="2023-03-08 18:51:10" ] My issue with this is that anytime someone suggests having comments on dragon profiles people say no because mods wont be able to moderate every dragon profile for harassment or harmful content. The same can be said for nicknames. If someone doesnt like the person who bought one of their offspring nothing stops them from being like "TrashOwner" in their nicknames. Or what if it was a trans person who has a fallout with a friend and that friend renames all their offspring to the trans person's deadnane. I know it's a specific example, but I'm more trying to point out how far this can go to affect a real person far more than having a poor aesthetically nsmed dragon would. And it isnt like you can report someone naming offspring "Jim" or anything like that. How would this be moderated in any meaningful way? I would only support this if it was for exalted dragons since that isnt tied to anyone but the parent and the offspring. It wouldnt be as easy to be attached to a particular person . [/quote] They could always tie it to the regular name rules, so that you couldn't name a dragon anything that was banned. Beyond that, something like you mentioned can already be done and be far more visible to the person in question, by buying the offspring and naming them that name. Which could then be reported for harassment. Beyond even that, I lean towards this being visible to no one but the owner of the dragon, which means it doesn't matter what the nickname is, because only the owner can see it. If they share a screen with a banned/bad name, then they can be reported (naturally admins could see those names) I also personally think that there is far more opportunity for harassment with being able to comment on 600+ dragon pages than there would be of nicknaming a dragon (or even as many as possible) in hopes that a specific person will look at the dragon (which doesn't belong to them, and no notification that the dragon that DOES belong to them has been given a nickname would be sent out) and see the name and realize that the dragon is theirs (obviously if there are three dragons it is much easier than if there are 100) (that also isn't the main reason I am against dragon comments)
Haven wrote on 2023-03-08 18:51:10:

They could always tie it to the regular name rules, so that you couldn't name a dragon anything that was banned.

Beyond that, something like you mentioned can already be done and be far more visible to the person in question, by buying the offspring and naming them that name.

Which could then be reported for harassment.

Beyond even that, I lean towards this being visible to no one but the owner of the dragon, which means it doesn't matter what the nickname is, because only the owner can see it. If they share a screen with a banned/bad name, then they can be reported (naturally admins could see those names)

I also personally think that there is far more opportunity for harassment with being able to comment on 600+ dragon pages than there would be of nicknaming a dragon (or even as many as possible) in hopes that a specific person will look at the dragon (which doesn't belong to them, and no notification that the dragon that DOES belong to them has been given a nickname would be sent out) and see the name and realize that the dragon is theirs (obviously if there are three dragons it is much easier than if there are 100) (that also isn't the main reason I am against dragon comments)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Isn't this mimic name same "spidery" as mimicing likes? (If someone unsatisfied with hiding names now why he will satisfied with mimic names?)
Isn't this mimic name same "spidery" as mimicing likes? (If someone unsatisfied with hiding names now why he will satisfied with mimic names?)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote date="2023-03-08 20:46:47" ] [quote date="2023-03-08 18:51:10" ] My issue with this is that anytime someone suggests having comments on dragon profiles people say no because mods wont be able to moderate every dragon profile for harassment or harmful content. The same can be said for nicknames. If someone doesnt like the person who bought one of their offspring nothing stops them from being like "TrashOwner" in their nicknames. Or what if it was a trans person who has a fallout with a friend and that friend renames all their offspring to the trans person's deadnane. I know it's a specific example, but I'm more trying to point out how far this can go to affect a real person far more than having a poor aesthetically nsmed dragon would. And it isnt like you can report someone naming offspring "Jim" or anything like that. How would this be moderated in any meaningful way? I would only support this if it was for exalted dragons since that isnt tied to anyone but the parent and the offspring. It wouldnt be as easy to be attached to a particular person . [/quote] They could always tie it to the regular name rules, so that you couldn't name a dragon anything that was banned. Beyond that, something like you mentioned can already be done and be far more visible to the person in question, by buying the offspring and naming them that name. Which could then be reported for harassment. Beyond even that, I lean towards this being visible to no one but the owner of the dragon, which means it doesn't matter what the nickname is, because only the owner can see it. If they share a screen with a banned/bad name, then they can be reported (naturally admins could see those names) I also personally think that there is far more opportunity for harassment with being able to comment on 600+ dragon pages than there would be of nicknaming a dragon (or even as many as possible) in hopes that a specific person will look at the dragon (which doesn't belong to them, and no notification that the dragon that DOES belong to them has been given a nickname would be sent out) and see the name and realize that the dragon is theirs (obviously if there are three dragons it is much easier than if there are 100) (that also isn't the main reason I am against dragon comments) [/quote] I would argue that nicknames as suggested originally are far more nefarious BECAUSE they can go under the radar. Someone can still feel like they've done something and not immediately risk getting caught and banned. I agree that any nicknames should only be visible to the owner. I honestly dont see why people would care about whether or not Unnamed is in someone else's offspring list, I've only seen it matter in terms of buying that dragon for yourself.
Quote:
Quote:

They could always tie it to the regular name rules, so that you couldn't name a dragon anything that was banned.

Beyond that, something like you mentioned can already be done and be far more visible to the person in question, by buying the offspring and naming them that name.

Which could then be reported for harassment.

Beyond even that, I lean towards this being visible to no one but the owner of the dragon, which means it doesn't matter what the nickname is, because only the owner can see it. If they share a screen with a banned/bad name, then they can be reported (naturally admins could see those names)

I also personally think that there is far more opportunity for harassment with being able to comment on 600+ dragon pages than there would be of nicknaming a dragon (or even as many as possible) in hopes that a specific person will look at the dragon (which doesn't belong to them, and no notification that the dragon that DOES belong to them has been given a nickname would be sent out) and see the name and realize that the dragon is theirs (obviously if there are three dragons it is much easier than if there are 100) (that also isn't the main reason I am against dragon comments)

I would argue that nicknames as suggested originally are far more nefarious BECAUSE they can go under the radar. Someone can still feel like they've done something and not immediately risk getting caught and banned.

I agree that any nicknames should only be visible to the owner. I honestly dont see why people would care about whether or not Unnamed is in someone else's offspring list, I've only seen it matter in terms of buying that dragon for yourself.
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22