Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@Valemora I know! Sorry, I did a poor job at explaining what I meant XD
@Valemora I know! Sorry, I did a poor job at explaining what I meant XD
@Valemora @Chespin Very true! I know I'd definitely be thrown off, which is why I brought it up - but it's also true that I'd probably get used to it pretty fast :D

I do think they should be marked somehow, but I wouldn't be super phased if they weren't. And having thought it over, I can throw my support behind this idea!
@Valemora @Chespin Very true! I know I'd definitely be thrown off, which is why I brought it up - but it's also true that I'd probably get used to it pretty fast :D

I do think they should be marked somehow, but I wouldn't be super phased if they weren't. And having thought it over, I can throw my support behind this idea!
Huge support!
This will rid all whining of, "OMG!!111!! THEY EXALTED MY PRECIOUS BABY UNNAMED!" because you can go to the dragon's profile, put "Bob" or whatever in place of "Unnamed" or whatever.

THIS WOULD also be GREAT for lore. If you sell a dragon that's say, a banished offspring, you can nickname it, "Banished" and walla! Same goes for "Died" "Stillborn" or anything else someone may want to call a dragon. The owner of the dragon gets their name, and you get yours too!

As much support as I can put into this, seriously. It'd stop all the whining.
Huge support!
This will rid all whining of, "OMG!!111!! THEY EXALTED MY PRECIOUS BABY UNNAMED!" because you can go to the dragon's profile, put "Bob" or whatever in place of "Unnamed" or whatever.

THIS WOULD also be GREAT for lore. If you sell a dragon that's say, a banished offspring, you can nickname it, "Banished" and walla! Same goes for "Died" "Stillborn" or anything else someone may want to call a dragon. The owner of the dragon gets their name, and you get yours too!

As much support as I can put into this, seriously. It'd stop all the whining.
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
What if the nickname had a triangle or other small symbol after it? Hover over it, and it says something like "This is a nickname." Maybe with the actual name listed in the hover in grey? Or something like that.

Italics would bother me a lot, but a little icon after the names wouldn't.

On the other hand, if I have a dragon that the parents' owner has nicknamed something nasty, what do I do then? It's like the opposite of a spite exalt or something. And sometimes it's not done spitefully, but it might still be something that could be considered offensive. How would one deal with it? It's a name associated with your dragon, but it's something you cannot change about your dragon.

I really just prefer the show/hide idea overall.
What if the nickname had a triangle or other small symbol after it? Hover over it, and it says something like "This is a nickname." Maybe with the actual name listed in the hover in grey? Or something like that.

Italics would bother me a lot, but a little icon after the names wouldn't.

On the other hand, if I have a dragon that the parents' owner has nicknamed something nasty, what do I do then? It's like the opposite of a spite exalt or something. And sometimes it's not done spitefully, but it might still be something that could be considered offensive. How would one deal with it? It's a name associated with your dragon, but it's something you cannot change about your dragon.

I really just prefer the show/hide idea overall.
@Vely

I understood that the nickname is not ON the dragon but only on the lists - So the user giving the nickname is the only one able to see it. And if they enjoy an offensive name only they can see ... WellI guess it would be up to the admins if they want to censor that or not - it won't harm other players in any way.
@Vely

I understood that the nickname is not ON the dragon but only on the lists - So the user giving the nickname is the only one able to see it. And if they enjoy an offensive name only they can see ... WellI guess it would be up to the admins if they want to censor that or not - it won't harm other players in any way.
@chespin
That's fine, I was just worried I explained something badly :D English isn't my first language so I get confused sometimes...

@Vely
I wouldn't mind if it was something small and not too noticeable :3 Also, maybe make it a hover over the name itself, without additional symbols? That way if you want to click it you'll see that it's a nickname, but otherwise the list would look 100% cohesive. Hm. I like this one, I think I'll add it to the main post!

As for spite nicknaming, well, you can always report that. Also, it would appear only in the parents' lair and tbh it would be quite difficult to connect some dragon's list to your dragon without spending some time deliberately looking for it - and if the hover is added, it will show the real name anyway.
@chespin
That's fine, I was just worried I explained something badly :D English isn't my first language so I get confused sometimes...

@Vely
I wouldn't mind if it was something small and not too noticeable :3 Also, maybe make it a hover over the name itself, without additional symbols? That way if you want to click it you'll see that it's a nickname, but otherwise the list would look 100% cohesive. Hm. I like this one, I think I'll add it to the main post!

As for spite nicknaming, well, you can always report that. Also, it would appear only in the parents' lair and tbh it would be quite difficult to connect some dragon's list to your dragon without spending some time deliberately looking for it - and if the hover is added, it will show the real name anyway.
@Ismaiel

I don't really see a point in a cosmetic thing only one user would see, especially when they can make it italicized or add a marking or something to make it obviously a nickname.

So whether it's visible or not is not 100% decided for this suggestion I think? But if it is visible, I am not entirely comfortable with it.
@Ismaiel

I don't really see a point in a cosmetic thing only one user would see, especially when they can make it italicized or add a marking or something to make it obviously a nickname.

So whether it's visible or not is not 100% decided for this suggestion I think? But if it is visible, I am not entirely comfortable with it.
@Ismaiel
Hm, maybe I wasn't clear in the explanation as several people got confused already it seems... The changes in the list would be seen to everyone who look at it, both the owner and the guests of the lair but it would influence only that page, nothing else :D
@Ismaiel
Hm, maybe I wasn't clear in the explanation as several people got confused already it seems... The changes in the list would be seen to everyone who look at it, both the owner and the guests of the lair but it would influence only that page, nothing else :D
Support! Maybe have the text for nicknames in a different color so it's obvious. I'd love to get rid of the horrible exalt names in some of my lists!
Support! Maybe have the text for nicknames in a different color so it's obvious. I'd love to get rid of the horrible exalt names in some of my lists!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@Valemora

Support. I think this idea works.

Since the person who finds unnamed/rng/whatever name that appears annoying, I'd support a default where you get the id number of the dragon in question (both Parents and Offspring). You could then change how they appeared (take out the Breed button for example, and put in Customize or Geneology Tree or something) and you would be brought to a page where you can edit how the number show on that dragon's page in your lair only.

Not only would this make it easier for the lore players (I bought the perfect colors/gene/breed but their parents' names are Buffy and Giles and their offspring all got named asfd by someone) but it doesn't affect how the dragon appears anywhere else in the site. The owner of the dragon gets full control over how it appears in their lair/exalted page and the breeder never has to see what happened.

Or we could get collapsible lists and people could go back to writing anything they wanted in the bio boxes.

@Valemora

Support. I think this idea works.

Since the person who finds unnamed/rng/whatever name that appears annoying, I'd support a default where you get the id number of the dragon in question (both Parents and Offspring). You could then change how they appeared (take out the Breed button for example, and put in Customize or Geneology Tree or something) and you would be brought to a page where you can edit how the number show on that dragon's page in your lair only.

Not only would this make it easier for the lore players (I bought the perfect colors/gene/breed but their parents' names are Buffy and Giles and their offspring all got named asfd by someone) but it doesn't affect how the dragon appears anywhere else in the site. The owner of the dragon gets full control over how it appears in their lair/exalted page and the breeder never has to see what happened.

Or we could get collapsible lists and people could go back to writing anything they wanted in the bio boxes.

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22