Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22
@MissyBeatrix

You don't need to be anxious selling dragons--just sell them already named. Multiple user-run polls on the forums have shown the majority of users don't care if a dragon they want to buy has a name. In fact, many users prefer to buy already named dragons. So you won't be losing many customers, if any, by prenaming to protect your lists.

THAT SAID I completely support this suggestion! I'd love to customize my lists.
@MissyBeatrix

You don't need to be anxious selling dragons--just sell them already named. Multiple user-run polls on the forums have shown the majority of users don't care if a dragon they want to buy has a name. In fact, many users prefer to buy already named dragons. So you won't be losing many customers, if any, by prenaming to protect your lists.

THAT SAID I completely support this suggestion! I'd love to customize my lists.
Support, so long as it lets you put nicknames on exalted offspring too
Support, so long as it lets you put nicknames on exalted offspring too
66MHIIb.png
Where has this thread been all my life?

Full support. A compromise that actually looks like it would be equally fair to both parties.
Where has this thread been all my life?

Full support. A compromise that actually looks like it would be equally fair to both parties.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support - and for those that don't want to see their dragons named differently on their parent lairs, perhaps add an option so that you can toggle whether you see nicknames or not?
Support - and for those that don't want to see their dragons named differently on their parent lairs, perhaps add an option so that you can toggle whether you see nicknames or not?
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
Support only in the case that the lair owner is the exclusive person who can see these nicknames, and nobody else.

I'd rather my dragons only be referred to by their names across the site, not by titles or names assigned by someone else. It would give the impression that the names I have chosen are not good enough, or not acceptable, or not valid, etc. If someone wants to change how they see the name, that is fine. But trying to change it for others is not something I am comfortable with at all.

If someone picked a nickname I'm not comfortable with but isn't harassing, I'd feel negative about the dragon. It's not something I could report, but also could come off as harassing if I contacted the owner of the parents, leaving only the path of getting rid of my dragon. One could say "well, does this not apply to lore in the parents' bios?" At least in a bio it doesn't look like an official site decision and it's not so much of a slap in the face.

I don't think a toggle would help, either. Like, I'm supposed to be happy with someone else calling my dragon by another name or title just because I can't see it? I don't like it one bit.

A show/hide offspring list is something I would vastly prefer over this.
Support only in the case that the lair owner is the exclusive person who can see these nicknames, and nobody else.

I'd rather my dragons only be referred to by their names across the site, not by titles or names assigned by someone else. It would give the impression that the names I have chosen are not good enough, or not acceptable, or not valid, etc. If someone wants to change how they see the name, that is fine. But trying to change it for others is not something I am comfortable with at all.

If someone picked a nickname I'm not comfortable with but isn't harassing, I'd feel negative about the dragon. It's not something I could report, but also could come off as harassing if I contacted the owner of the parents, leaving only the path of getting rid of my dragon. One could say "well, does this not apply to lore in the parents' bios?" At least in a bio it doesn't look like an official site decision and it's not so much of a slap in the face.

I don't think a toggle would help, either. Like, I'm supposed to be happy with someone else calling my dragon by another name or title just because I can't see it? I don't like it one bit.

A show/hide offspring list is something I would vastly prefer over this.
Support if it only shows up for the person who writes the nicknames, not everyone on site since that'd be just confusing and if people nickname dragons in active lairs, that is unfair to the individual that has the bought dragon in their lair if everyone sees the nicknamed dragon, even in the offspring list.
Support if it only shows up for the person who writes the nicknames, not everyone on site since that'd be just confusing and if people nickname dragons in active lairs, that is unfair to the individual that has the bought dragon in their lair if everyone sees the nicknamed dragon, even in the offspring list.
uCR5SCW.png
No support. It isn't necessary and would put too much strain on the servers most likely, as the collapsable list/hiding unnamed offspring test did.
No support. It isn't necessary and would put too much strain on the servers most likely, as the collapsable list/hiding unnamed offspring test did.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
i like this idea because man i made some mistakes when i first played this game and i don't like seeing "unnamed"
i like this idea because man i made some mistakes when i first played this game and i don't like seeing "unnamed"
2CnjrDd.png
9hqcHsy.png
Mrw4w2X.png
HdmxfuE.png
WTRVHVo.png
[quote name="FloatingInSpace" date=2016-12-08 18:53:10] Support if it only shows up for the person who writes the nicknames, not everyone on site since that'd be just confusing and if people nickname dragons in active lairs, that is unfair to the individual that has the bought dragon in their lair if everyone sees the nicknamed dragon, even in the offspring list. [/quote] To be honest... this defeats the entire purpose of the suggestion for me. I want people who see my dragons to see them the way I want them to be seen. If that means that I'm hiding or nicknaming some dragons, then that's the way I'd like to present my dragon. Other people's dragons have no bearing on how I present my dragon, whether their dragon is the offspring of mine or not. I think that if nicknames had a hover or something that showed the dragon's actual name, that would be sufficient, for tracing lineages.
FloatingInSpace wrote on 2016-12-08:
To be honest... this defeats the entire purpose of the suggestion for me. I want people who see my dragons to see them the way I want them to be seen. If that means that I'm hiding or nicknaming some dragons, then that's the way I'd like to present my dragon. Other people's dragons have no bearing on how I present my dragon, whether their dragon is the offspring of mine or not.

I think that if nicknames had a hover or something that showed the dragon's actual name, that would be sufficient, for tracing lineages.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I support almost any suggestions which would let me get rid of the eye sore which is unnamed hatchlings. ... I always name hatchlings myself. Sadly I have aquired dragons who has bred unnamed hatchlings before they came to my lair, so I fully support this.
I support almost any suggestions which would let me get rid of the eye sore which is unnamed hatchlings. ... I always name hatchlings myself. Sadly I have aquired dragons who has bred unnamed hatchlings before they came to my lair, so I fully support this.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22