Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22
Support, but...

If this does happen, there should be some way to tell if they were changed. Maybe they simply get italicized, maybe a small renaming scroll icon next to the name, maybe it even says "changed from *blank*". Just some way to know that the name you see isn't the actual name.
Support, but...

If this does happen, there should be some way to tell if they were changed. Maybe they simply get italicized, maybe a small renaming scroll icon next to the name, maybe it even says "changed from *blank*". Just some way to know that the name you see isn't the actual name.
CLVpsxr.gif
Full support :D
Full support :D
I fully support this, it would help all the way around. Especially for slightly misspelled exalt fodder ....
I fully support this, it would help all the way around. Especially for slightly misspelled exalt fodder ....
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
I support and agree with @Jemadar.
I support and agree with @Jemadar.
The Residue Army
SSKUsYD.gif
This would be both fun and very useful! Can't see downsides. Support
This would be both fun and very useful! Can't see downsides. Support
This seems like a fair compromise. While I'm firmly in the 'name before selling' mindset, this would allow players to have a bit more control over their offspring list without controlling their offspring.
This seems like a fair compromise. While I'm firmly in the 'name before selling' mindset, this would allow players to have a bit more control over their offspring list without controlling their offspring.
Full support.
Full support.
Nice to see that it's still around and that the majority likes the idea! :D

I added to the OP a bit about the toggle. As some people said that they're uncomfortable to see others nicknaming the dragons they own in the parents' lists, I feel it'd be nice to have an option to switch to the default names. However, I'd love to see the nicknames both in my lair and in the others', I'm sure that quite a few of those might be pretty hilarious and I'd be sad to miss them :3
Nice to see that it's still around and that the majority likes the idea! :D

I added to the OP a bit about the toggle. As some people said that they're uncomfortable to see others nicknaming the dragons they own in the parents' lists, I feel it'd be nice to have an option to switch to the default names. However, I'd love to see the nicknames both in my lair and in the others', I'm sure that quite a few of those might be pretty hilarious and I'd be sad to miss them :3
I completely support this... I just made a thread of something like this, but you actually have a much better solution than I do, haha.
I completely support this... I just made a thread of something like this, but you actually have a much better solution than I do, haha.
While I don't support nicknames the way explain in the OP for the reasons mentioned here, I believe the ability to nickname dragons is a good idea, but not in the way suggested in the OP.

The way this would work is that, for unnamed dragons, there would be another button next to the rename button. This would only appear on unnamed dragons and would function similarly to the rename tool as it would rename the dragon except the dragon can still be named afterwards.

After being 'nicknamed' the nickname button would have vanished but the rename button would still be there. While this wouldn't stop spite renaming, it would stop spite exalting without the problems listed in the linked post since the owner of the dragon could just nickname it before selling, still allowing the person who bought the dragon to choose a name.

If this was how nicknames were to be implemented, then I would support it.
While I don't support nicknames the way explain in the OP for the reasons mentioned here, I believe the ability to nickname dragons is a good idea, but not in the way suggested in the OP.

The way this would work is that, for unnamed dragons, there would be another button next to the rename button. This would only appear on unnamed dragons and would function similarly to the rename tool as it would rename the dragon except the dragon can still be named afterwards.

After being 'nicknamed' the nickname button would have vanished but the rename button would still be there. While this wouldn't stop spite renaming, it would stop spite exalting without the problems listed in the linked post since the owner of the dragon could just nickname it before selling, still allowing the person who bought the dragon to choose a name.

If this was how nicknames were to be implemented, then I would support it.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22