Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 111 112
AH BLESS, thank you so much! I'm just sad we didn't get to work for eyes, instead we just got a faulty RNG mechanic no one really wanted. I'm still waiting for at least some sort of response from the Staff :^/
AH BLESS, thank you so much! I'm just sad we didn't get to work for eyes, instead we just got a faulty RNG mechanic no one really wanted. I'm still waiting for at least some sort of response from the Staff :^/
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
[quote name="DeadBattery" date="2018-09-17 04:24:48" ] AH BLESS, thank you so much! I'm just sad we didn't get to work for eyes, instead we just got a faulty RNG mechanic no one really wanted. I'm still waiting for at least some sort of response from the Staff :^/ [/quote] Honestly, I hope we do too, hear from staff other than not bringing back the vials. It seems like they're trying to hope we forget it? And the price of scatter vials is already up to 200g / 185kt. almost as much as it was when they were available for farming. :'D
DeadBattery wrote on 2018-09-17 04:24:48:

Honestly, I hope we do too, hear from staff other than not bringing back the vials. It seems like they're trying to hope we forget it? And the price of scatter vials is already up to 200g / 185kt. almost as much as it was when they were available for farming. :'D
r0TEJcn.gif
Mar||INFP-T||Chaotic Neutral||FR Clock +3||*Rp!||Lioden
x0iVMgw.png
Usually buying art. PM me & let me commission you!!
19389_90ce43590987e43c_I.gif13150_6082608227cbe796_I.gif3379_104bee4741d0976d_I.gif 4640_cff8fd95c80db023_I.gif 3433_bb0886194e8d3513_I.gif5234_330dbb072405bbcd_I.gif
Auctioning a XXY G1 here!
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
Since it’s been over 3 months since the Eyepocalypse, maybe staff will be willing to finally listen to users on the eye issues? The complete lack of response (“We think it’s important” doesn’t count; that’s just dismissive) to all of the complaints people were having could’ve been a knee-jerk reaction— people tend to get defensive when others criticize what they’re convinced is an awesome idea.

But now that the initial “new feature” excitement may have worn off some, and they’ve had 3 months to think about all of this... I hope we see some actual solutions soon, or at least get word that fixes are coming. “We think it’s important that you’re all locked out of this, and also yeah we changed your dragons without warning. Sorry you didn’t like our gift. Happy Anniversary!” is really not at all a solution, or even an apology. :(

The Vial of Tempered Sight was a start, but it only just scratches the surface of the problems that people had with the update. Giving us Legacy/Classic vials to give our dragons the pre-update eye art (which already exists, so no strain on the art team), and giving us specific eye vials to restore the control that we’ve had for five years, would be perfect. ;;

Standardized Common and totally random eyes exclusively locked into hatching would’ve been fine if FR had started out like that. But releasing something that greatly impacts a core mechanic of the game, locking everyone out of it because “it’s important”, and changing all existing dragons when we’re over 5 years in now is........ not the best.
Since it’s been over 3 months since the Eyepocalypse, maybe staff will be willing to finally listen to users on the eye issues? The complete lack of response (“We think it’s important” doesn’t count; that’s just dismissive) to all of the complaints people were having could’ve been a knee-jerk reaction— people tend to get defensive when others criticize what they’re convinced is an awesome idea.

But now that the initial “new feature” excitement may have worn off some, and they’ve had 3 months to think about all of this... I hope we see some actual solutions soon, or at least get word that fixes are coming. “We think it’s important that you’re all locked out of this, and also yeah we changed your dragons without warning. Sorry you didn’t like our gift. Happy Anniversary!” is really not at all a solution, or even an apology. :(

The Vial of Tempered Sight was a start, but it only just scratches the surface of the problems that people had with the update. Giving us Legacy/Classic vials to give our dragons the pre-update eye art (which already exists, so no strain on the art team), and giving us specific eye vials to restore the control that we’ve had for five years, would be perfect. ;;

Standardized Common and totally random eyes exclusively locked into hatching would’ve been fine if FR had started out like that. But releasing something that greatly impacts a core mechanic of the game, locking everyone out of it because “it’s important”, and changing all existing dragons when we’re over 5 years in now is........ not the best.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Yes, this is such an amazing idea! Having primal as a rare coli drop seems to solve most of the problems, and the fest-exclusive part of it is inspired. It would probably end up being even more rare and expensive than eliminates, but that is still equal to maybe 4 or 5 scattersight vials? I'd feel bad for everyone who wasted dozens of scattersights on a dragon, but I'm sure most of them would just be relieved they don't have to do that again lol.
Yes, this is such an amazing idea! Having primal as a rare coli drop seems to solve most of the problems, and the fest-exclusive part of it is inspired. It would probably end up being even more rare and expensive than eliminates, but that is still equal to maybe 4 or 5 scattersight vials? I'd feel bad for everyone who wasted dozens of scattersights on a dragon, but I'm sure most of them would just be relieved they don't have to do that again lol.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

Support to all. It sounds like fun, and considering this is a game, fun is a requirement! If people want primal eyes, let them have them, same for multigaze or classic eyes. I don't see anything negative about it. More stuff to save up for is always a good incentive to keep playing.
Support to all. It sounds like fun, and considering this is a game, fun is a requirement! If people want primal eyes, let them have them, same for multigaze or classic eyes. I don't see anything negative about it. More stuff to save up for is always a good incentive to keep playing.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Thank you both a lot for your inputs, I completely agree, this is a dragon clan simulator and petsite, it's about fun, not capitalism.
Thank you both a lot for your inputs, I completely agree, this is a dragon clan simulator and petsite, it's about fun, not capitalism.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
I support this. I support everything. I don't even care how staff decides to bring this back, although i do love the idea of implementing other game features, such as the coliseum and baldwin's and swipp's stand and whatnot, to earn a certain eye type.

my biggest issue from this entire situation is that the staff essentially retired the only method available to change the eye types.
I support this. I support everything. I don't even care how staff decides to bring this back, although i do love the idea of implementing other game features, such as the coliseum and baldwin's and swipp's stand and whatnot, to earn a certain eye type.

my biggest issue from this entire situation is that the staff essentially retired the only method available to change the eye types.
- C l a n   A b y s s -

You left our lungs for canteens.
You left our ankles for anchors.

- -
[quote name="StoryofaWhale" date="2018-09-17 15:07:13" ] my biggest issue from this entire situation is that the staff essentially retired the only method available to change the eye types. [/quote] Pretty much my attitude towards the whole situation, I don't think it can be summed up better than this.
StoryofaWhale wrote on 2018-09-17 15:07:13:

Pretty much my attitude towards the whole situation, I don't think it can be summed up better than this.
Sooo.... I can't find the other prominent Scattervial thread. Or my beautiful math post in it. So I'm going to repost my math here.

Let's say you have a pair of dragons you're breeding for a breeding project. Let's use Imperials because 30 days is a nice even number, and you can't breed change to an Imperial. (Or to be more accurate, 1 Imp scroll costs more than 200 Scattervials.) In order to ensure that the child is an Imperial, both parents need to be Imperials, bringing your average eggs per nest down from 3 to 2.5. The chance of getting Primal eyes is 0.5%, or 1 in every 200 babies. If you breed these particular Imps immediately every time their cooldown ends, it would take an average of 6 years for them to produce a Primal-eyed baby.
Sooo.... I can't find the other prominent Scattervial thread. Or my beautiful math post in it. So I'm going to repost my math here.

Let's say you have a pair of dragons you're breeding for a breeding project. Let's use Imperials because 30 days is a nice even number, and you can't breed change to an Imperial. (Or to be more accurate, 1 Imp scroll costs more than 200 Scattervials.) In order to ensure that the child is an Imperial, both parents need to be Imperials, bringing your average eggs per nest down from 3 to 2.5. The chance of getting Primal eyes is 0.5%, or 1 in every 200 babies. If you breed these particular Imps immediately every time their cooldown ends, it would take an average of 6 years for them to produce a Primal-eyed baby.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
The other scattervial got deleted for reasons unknown.

And to add to your math...If you're looking for specifically a male or a female, that's 50/50 odds adding into the equation. That drops the result to 12 year to get a primal eyed male or female imperial assuming that the colors and genes of both parents are already perfect. And that's assuming we never get any more natural eyes that drop primal even lower.
The other scattervial got deleted for reasons unknown.

And to add to your math...If you're looking for specifically a male or a female, that's 50/50 odds adding into the equation. That drops the result to 12 year to get a primal eyed male or female imperial assuming that the colors and genes of both parents are already perfect. And that's assuming we never get any more natural eyes that drop primal even lower.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 111 112