Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breed Characteristic Apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
@MystriDragon

ANYTHING they do will cause an uproar in users.

This is meant to be hybrid features, so it wouldn't be fake. As I said, they could explain color differences in the fact that number one, they wouldn't have any genes, which could change the color, and it is a mutation/hybridization of the dragon, which means that it doesn't necessarily match completely in color.

But, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, just if FR stopped adding/changing things because it might upset some of the user base, better get used to FR being exactly like it is now... Even the new colors caused a miniuproar because it will interfere with some (if not most) breeding pairs by adding new colors between old colors.
@MystriDragon

ANYTHING they do will cause an uproar in users.

This is meant to be hybrid features, so it wouldn't be fake. As I said, they could explain color differences in the fact that number one, they wouldn't have any genes, which could change the color, and it is a mutation/hybridization of the dragon, which means that it doesn't necessarily match completely in color.

But, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, just if FR stopped adding/changing things because it might upset some of the user base, better get used to FR being exactly like it is now... Even the new colors caused a miniuproar because it will interfere with some (if not most) breeding pairs by adding new colors between old colors.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@MystriDragon it's just asking for various apparel that could mimic breed characteristics. @Jemadar was inspired the various hybrid topics that pop up and then goes on to explain how this could be used for players who want to make their dragons appear like hybrids, but all its asking for is apparel that mimic characteristics. The admins can put in fake and false in the description to make it perfectly clear it's apparel but most players ignore apparel descriptions and use them as they wish and that may be making it physically part of the dragon in their lore (for example the various woolly apparel, feathered apparel, horns/antlers, etc.
@MystriDragon it's just asking for various apparel that could mimic breed characteristics. @Jemadar was inspired the various hybrid topics that pop up and then goes on to explain how this could be used for players who want to make their dragons appear like hybrids, but all its asking for is apparel that mimic characteristics. The admins can put in fake and false in the description to make it perfectly clear it's apparel but most players ignore apparel descriptions and use them as they wish and that may be making it physically part of the dragon in their lore (for example the various woolly apparel, feathered apparel, horns/antlers, etc.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@TheresanColis

While I personally wouldn't want to put a ridgeback nose on a ridgeback (or any other dragon, sorry, I don't like ridgebacks BECAUSE of the nose) it would be perfectly fine.

For one, it could be used to 'indicate' a non-binary dragon (a female with a male nose) or it could be a 'defect or birthmark', choose which word you like, when the color is slightly different or it doesn't have genes.
@TheresanColis

While I personally wouldn't want to put a ridgeback nose on a ridgeback (or any other dragon, sorry, I don't like ridgebacks BECAUSE of the nose) it would be perfectly fine.

For one, it could be used to 'indicate' a non-binary dragon (a female with a male nose) or it could be a 'defect or birthmark', choose which word you like, when the color is slightly different or it doesn't have genes.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
That is the beauty of apparel, if you don't want to, you don't have to use it.

@TheresanColis
That is the beauty of apparel, if you don't want to, you don't have to use it.

@TheresanColis

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
Support, definitely!
Support, definitely!
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png

By Klomonx
(following 2)

b3d97d1b-9455-4c05-8433-fa2988e4ac59.png
Code:
b3d97d1b-9455-4c05-8433-fa2988e4ac59.png

PlagueFlag.gif
Code:
PlagueFlag.gif

By Macabre
(following 2)

mujztc.jpg
Code:
mujztc.jpg

QQnBZuq.gif
Code:
QQnBZuq.gif

By Macabre & Vendrus
(sprite by Vendrus, background and animation by Macabre)

XHxgasI.gif
Code:
XHxgasI.gif

By Marzi
(following 2)

m37z8.gif
Code:
m37z8.gif

Still Version
mc661j.png
Code:
mc661j.png

By mus

plague_banner_by_silverybeast-d7eggdt.png
Code:
plague_banner_by_silverybeast-d7eggdt.png

By NeonGuts

H01Ejx7.png
Code:
H01Ejx7.png

By OrchidBlack

tumblr_niljqrOAdS1u1dnrno1_500.jpg
Code:
tumblr_niljqrOAdS1u1dnrno1_500.jpg

By Pained
(following 2)

dyk3ud.jpg
Code:
dyk3ud.jpg

2i1jd6p.jpg
Code:
2i1jd6p.jpg

By Popsystoven

image_zpsac5b3jz9.jpeg
Code:
image_zpsac5b3jz9.jpeg

By rainismysunshine

1022_by_rainismysunshine-d967m91.png
Code:
1022_by_rainismysunshine-d967m91.png

By RottingFlesh

303e1yr.png
Code:
303e1yr.png

By Rude

wpEE9mo.png
Code:
wpEE9mo.png

By seepratintti
(following 4)

fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
Code:
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif

Smaller Version
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif
Code:
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif

plague_survive_large_by_seepranne-d7epv1n.gif
Code:
plague_survive_large_by_seepranne-d7epv1n.gif

Smaller Version
plague_survive_small_by_seepranne-d7epv82.gif
Code:
plague_survive_small_by_seepranne-d7epv82.gif

By Sei

DvqFBqS.gif
Code:
DvqFBqS.gif

By Shellbee

2je6p4.gif
Code:
2je6p4.gif

By Sick

plagueiscool_zps0139e344.gif
Code:
plagueiscool_zps0139e344.gif

By Sinnibelle & MissouriMule
(art by Sinnibelle, animation by MissouriMule)

t0iLvtA.gif
Code:
t0iLvtA.gif

By Slick

MoOtdMJ.png
Code:
MoOtdMJ.png

By TheEndIsNearUs

plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png
Code:
plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png

By Toxon

tumblr_nrnrgz2YNy1sr2gjao1_500.png
Code:
tumblr_nrnrgz2YNy1sr2gjao1_500.png

By Valkaryss

bQocJLp.gif
Code:
bQocJLp.gif

By Viiscus
(following 3)

UqN4jFQ.png
Code:
UqN4jFQ.png

Smaller Version
2A6X4Q7.png
Code:
2A6X4Q7.png

Without Words
fXMrQm4.png
Code:
fXMrQm4.png

By Warhound

CtM8cLF.png
Code:
CtM8cLF.png

By WolfSong
(following 2)

ocTKWwg.gif
Code:
ocTKWwg.gif

m1CZHJt.gif
Code:
m1CZHJt.gif

By Yamineco

DmRdZYl.png
Code:
DmRdZYl.png

PYd8yXt.png
Code:
PYd8yXt.png

By JadedRosee

RXD8sr3.gif
Code:
RXD8sr3.gif

By Ozrez

untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart-d9y6946.png
Code:
untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart-d9y6946.png

untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart_d9y60em_by_everwolfart-d9y64xl.png
Code:
untitled_drawing_by_everwolfart_d9y60em_by_everwolfart-d9y64xl.png

By KCDragons

Plague_zps6smax9kv.gif
Code:
Plague_zps6smax9kv.gif

By wintergreenroses

tumblr_o7hzn2PBz81v3unw4o1_500.png
Code:
tumblr_o7hzn2PBz81v3unw4o1_500.png

By Elstermond

castoffthecrutceowr5ajm7v.png
Code:
castoffthecrutceowr5ajm7v.png
Last edited on Jun 14, 2016 09:49:32 by SquishyPenguin
tumblr_nwvyylnkrO1qmzylio2_250.pngtumblr_nwvyylnkrO1qmzylio1_250.png
Support. I think hybrids is a bad idea, but having apparel? No problem.

No support if they are actually supposed to be mutations or something. Only if the descriptions say they are made of different materials and things. They are apparel. Things they WEAR. I think this is a good idea for people who want their dragons to look like hybrids, and maybe pretend they are. But I don't like the idea of it being some strange mutation or whatever.
Support. I think hybrids is a bad idea, but having apparel? No problem.

No support if they are actually supposed to be mutations or something. Only if the descriptions say they are made of different materials and things. They are apparel. Things they WEAR. I think this is a good idea for people who want their dragons to look like hybrids, and maybe pretend they are. But I don't like the idea of it being some strange mutation or whatever.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
@Vihuff They would be whatever the person wants, if they want to add a different color imp Beard to their imperial and say that it is a mutation, then that is their right, if they want to add that beard to a nocturne and say it is a hybrid of an imp and nocturne, that is their right as well.

This apparel will be for people who want more flexibility in their dragons, and perhaps want either mutations or hybrids. And as for mutation itself, not all mutations are bad. Just means that something happened with the gene and it came out different. So I don't really see a problem if someone wants to stick a different colored characteristic apparel on their dragon and say it is a mutation in the color gene.
@Vihuff They would be whatever the person wants, if they want to add a different color imp Beard to their imperial and say that it is a mutation, then that is their right, if they want to add that beard to a nocturne and say it is a hybrid of an imp and nocturne, that is their right as well.

This apparel will be for people who want more flexibility in their dragons, and perhaps want either mutations or hybrids. And as for mutation itself, not all mutations are bad. Just means that something happened with the gene and it came out different. So I don't really see a problem if someone wants to stick a different colored characteristic apparel on their dragon and say it is a mutation in the color gene.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I'd support actual hybrids, because I just like to watch the world burn.

But your idea works, too. Support.
I'd support actual hybrids, because I just like to watch the world burn.

But your idea works, too. Support.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
Neat! I'm liking this idea overall and seems like it'd pair well with Baldwin (to brew the apparel). You've already addressed the concerns I would have brought up. I'd love to have a clan of four-eyed mirror hybrid dragons :'D
Neat! I'm liking this idea overall and seems like it'd pair well with Baldwin (to brew the apparel). You've already addressed the concerns I would have brought up. I'd love to have a clan of four-eyed mirror hybrid dragons :'D
@Chespin

Yeah, I did try to think of cons to the idea and try to address them if possible.

My own opinion was that over all this would address the hybrid issue, yet wouldn't cause that much MORE work than the artists have while a hybrid 'breed' would cause a lot of work, and it would increase each time a new true breed was brought out. (also, I want to use my imagination on what a hybrid would look like so not all hybrids of the same two breeds look the same :D)

Baldwin's would be a great place to 'brew' the apparel :D

Thanks for your support.
@Chespin

Yeah, I did try to think of cons to the idea and try to address them if possible.

My own opinion was that over all this would address the hybrid issue, yet wouldn't cause that much MORE work than the artists have while a hybrid 'breed' would cause a lot of work, and it would increase each time a new true breed was brought out. (also, I want to use my imagination on what a hybrid would look like so not all hybrids of the same two breeds look the same :D)

Baldwin's would be a great place to 'brew' the apparel :D

Thanks for your support.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28