Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breed Characteristic Apparel
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
I would kill for a set of imperial Horns to add to all of my dragons. This is a wonderful suggestion!
I would kill for a set of imperial Horns to add to all of my dragons. This is a wonderful suggestion!
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
Tundra Mane Fluff
Tundra Wing Fluff
Tundra Ear Fins

Don't forget the fuzzballs.

As for Snappers, Their little horns on their head/face/chin? And the ones running down their back and tail

But yes, I see this as being VERY COOL.
They could just release a rainbow of colors and maybe a second wave of variants.
Crimson, Sunshine, Lemon, Green, Blue, Aqua, Purple, Grey, Obsidian, and White.

Then the second wave could be dark reds blue (and light blue), yellow, green (and light green), purple, etc. Recoloring an item is little more than filling in a shape and making sure the shading isn't grey and icky, and bam done.

This could be spread out over maybe two-three months as far as releases go, and would give the userbase something to look forward to.
Tundra Mane Fluff
Tundra Wing Fluff
Tundra Ear Fins

Don't forget the fuzzballs.

As for Snappers, Their little horns on their head/face/chin? And the ones running down their back and tail

But yes, I see this as being VERY COOL.
They could just release a rainbow of colors and maybe a second wave of variants.
Crimson, Sunshine, Lemon, Green, Blue, Aqua, Purple, Grey, Obsidian, and White.

Then the second wave could be dark reds blue (and light blue), yellow, green (and light green), purple, etc. Recoloring an item is little more than filling in a shape and making sure the shading isn't grey and icky, and bam done.

This could be spread out over maybe two-three months as far as releases go, and would give the userbase something to look forward to.

@thecatsred

Thanks, I don't personally have tundras, coatls, or snappers so I didn't look at those dragons to see what would be good characteristics.

I was thinking more along the lines of years rather than 2-3 months, but other than that, we agree. And yeah ,recoloring is fairly easy depending on how it is done, multicolor recolors are a bit harder (ie where you have two or more distinct colors on an item rather than a monochrome item) but still not that much more difficult providing you set up the apparel correctly in the first place (ie each color is it's own piece rather than it all being on a single bitmap)
@thecatsred

Thanks, I don't personally have tundras, coatls, or snappers so I didn't look at those dragons to see what would be good characteristics.

I was thinking more along the lines of years rather than 2-3 months, but other than that, we agree. And yeah ,recoloring is fairly easy depending on how it is done, multicolor recolors are a bit harder (ie where you have two or more distinct colors on an item rather than a monochrome item) but still not that much more difficult providing you set up the apparel correctly in the first place (ie each color is it's own piece rather than it all being on a single bitmap)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support :3 @thecatsred agreed, floof is needed! Did my best to make this guy into a Half-Tundra: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=215697] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2157/215697_350.png[/img] [/url]
Support :3

@thecatsred agreed, floof is needed! Did my best to make this guy into a Half-Tundra:

215697_350.png
66MHIIb.png
Well, I guess I was thinking they'd get everything drawn up first, and then release so people wouldn't be waiting a year for coatl head feathers or something

But if they are going for a few characteristics per species, then I can see that being a LONG wait, and we'd get another "Soon(tm)" deal on our hands haha.

Maybe they could narrow it down to two defining characteristics per dragon?
Well, I guess I was thinking they'd get everything drawn up first, and then release so people wouldn't be waiting a year for coatl head feathers or something

But if they are going for a few characteristics per species, then I can see that being a LONG wait, and we'd get another "Soon(tm)" deal on our hands haha.

@Jemadar

Coatl Butt wings!
@Jemadar

Coatl Butt wings!
13c34bef3401beac8c8cf6233cb62451.png
[quote name="thecatsred" date=2015-08-17 10:18:41] Well, I guess I was thinking they'd get everything drawn up first, and then release so people wouldn't be waiting a year for coatl head feathers or something But if they are going for a few characteristics per species, then I can see that being a LONG wait, and we'd get another "Soon(tm)" deal on our hands haha. Maybe they could narrow it down to two defining characteristics per dragon? [/quote] I had been thinking that it would be like other apparel and released as finished, but either way. They could do that as a compromise, release the two most defining characteristics per dragon, then start releasing other characteristics as demand/time/their muses allow. I would really like more than just two (one the dragons that have more than just two) because I really want the flexibility to have my mirror/fae hybrid look different from someone else's and while two different characteristics per dragon would help, I feel it is still a bit too limiting. The second reason is that what I might consider a defining characteristic isn't what someone else might consider one. But, as I said in the first post, the sheer size of the project is what made me hesitate to suggest it, though there have been some good ideas to shave some of the work off. And, with some of the characteristics I mentioned, the apparel could do double duty. I noticed several dragons with leg fins, and so they wouldn't have to bring out several different types of leg fins if they are all going to look nearly the exact same, maybe just a slight difference in placement or size.
thecatsred wrote on 2015-08-17:

I had been thinking that it would be like other apparel and released as finished, but either way.

They could do that as a compromise, release the two most defining characteristics per dragon, then start releasing other characteristics as demand/time/their muses allow. I would really like more than just two (one the dragons that have more than just two) because I really want the flexibility to have my mirror/fae hybrid look different from someone else's and while two different characteristics per dragon would help, I feel it is still a bit too limiting. The second reason is that what I might consider a defining characteristic isn't what someone else might consider one.

But, as I said in the first post, the sheer size of the project is what made me hesitate to suggest it, though there have been some good ideas to shave some of the work off. And, with some of the characteristics I mentioned, the apparel could do double duty. I noticed several dragons with leg fins, and so they wouldn't have to bring out several different types of leg fins if they are all going to look nearly the exact same, maybe just a slight difference in placement or size.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Vallantis

Added :)
@Vallantis

Added :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
As for two per dragon breed, maybe these?

Fae:
Head Fins
Cheek Fins

Guardian:
Leg Fins
Beard

Mirror:
Ear Fins
Extra Set of Eyes (in all flight colors - would not cover original eyes)

Pearlcatcher:
Face Horn(s)
Pearl

Ridgebacks:
Ridge Spines
Nose Spike

Tundra:
Full Mane (as opposed to what we get w/ the wooly coat)
Wing Fluff

Spiral:
Tail Spade
Horns

Imperial:
Horns
Whiskers

Snapper:
Face/Head Horns
Back Spikes

Wildclaw:
Raptor Claw
Feather Crest

Nocturne:
Underbelly Fin
Head Spines

Coatl:
Butt Wings
Head Feathers w/curled things

Skydancer:
Antennae w/ Forehead Gem
Arm/Leg Feathers

So this way, we'd get: Five fin types, four horn types, four feather types, three fluff types, five spikes, and five unique items (forehead gem, whiskers, raptor claw, pearl and extra eyes) - which is fairly even among body bits, and each one here is distinctive from other items we have currently or other dragons.

ETA: then as you said, they can go through and add in more bits as they feel necessary.
As for two per dragon breed, maybe these?

Fae:
Head Fins
Cheek Fins

Guardian:
Leg Fins
Beard

Mirror:
Ear Fins
Extra Set of Eyes (in all flight colors - would not cover original eyes)

Pearlcatcher:
Face Horn(s)
Pearl

Ridgebacks:
Ridge Spines
Nose Spike

Tundra:
Full Mane (as opposed to what we get w/ the wooly coat)
Wing Fluff

Spiral:
Tail Spade
Horns

Imperial:
Horns
Whiskers

Snapper:
Face/Head Horns
Back Spikes

Wildclaw:
Raptor Claw
Feather Crest

Nocturne:
Underbelly Fin
Head Spines

Coatl:
Butt Wings
Head Feathers w/curled things

Skydancer:
Antennae w/ Forehead Gem
Arm/Leg Feathers

So this way, we'd get: Five fin types, four horn types, four feather types, three fluff types, five spikes, and five unique items (forehead gem, whiskers, raptor claw, pearl and extra eyes) - which is fairly even among body bits, and each one here is distinctive from other items we have currently or other dragons.

ETA: then as you said, they can go through and add in more bits as they feel necessary.

Those sound great :D

Thanks for the input :)
Those sound great :D

Thanks for the input :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28