Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Jigsaw Puzzle Addicts Anonymous
1 2 3 4
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/LilrWSZ.jpg[/img][/center] To give me something to do when I can't do puzzles anymore (and get them cash monies), why not a secret society for people obsessed with the jigsaw puzzles? I'm sure this will spark hours of riveting conversation and debate! [b][u].........Some Topics![/u][/b] [LIST] [*]Your fastest time? [*]Your preferred difficulty? [*]Your favorite puzzle? [*]Your least favorite puzzle? [*]The easiest puzzle? [*]The hardest puzzle? [*]What's your work method? [*]What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles? [*]Disconnection horror stories? [/LIST] [b][u].........Challenges![/u][/b] [LIST] [*]Pick a random piece (not an edge) and go from there! No assembling any other clusters but the main one! [*]Time challenges, obvious. Throw down your times in a post here and edit it ev'ry time you beat your old time. [*]Rage against the dying of the light! For you night owls among us. Figure out your average time and subtract that from 0:00. So if you usually take 30 minutes, start at 23:30 and see if you can defeat the dreaded turnover! [/LIST] If you're wondering what the heck is going on with that banner, well. I just had the thought to include Jigsaw in it, because terrifying death puppets and jigsaw puzzles go hand in hand. But then I got worried that people would complain about the unexpected creepy, so I drew animu eyes on him. I think that made it worse.
LilrWSZ.jpg

To give me something to do when I can't do puzzles anymore (and get them cash monies), why not a secret society for people obsessed with the jigsaw puzzles? I'm sure this will spark hours of riveting conversation and debate!

.........Some Topics!
  • Your fastest time?
  • Your preferred difficulty?
  • Your favorite puzzle?
  • Your least favorite puzzle?
  • The easiest puzzle?
  • The hardest puzzle?
  • What's your work method?
  • What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?
  • Disconnection horror stories?

.........Challenges!
  • Pick a random piece (not an edge) and go from there! No assembling any other clusters but the main one!
  • Time challenges, obvious. Throw down your times in a post here and edit it ev'ry time you beat your old time.
  • Rage against the dying of the light! For you night owls among us. Figure out your average time and subtract that from 0:00. So if you usually take 30 minutes, start at 23:30 and see if you can defeat the dreaded turnover!

If you're wondering what the heck is going on with that banner, well. I just had the thought to include Jigsaw in it, because terrifying death puppets and jigsaw puzzles go hand in hand. But then I got worried that people would complain about the unexpected creepy, so I drew animu eyes on him. I think that made it worse.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
My fastest time is 18:??, by way of the little fire-breathing birdie (what is that, anyway?) which I'd completed before. Before that, I had around 20 minutes, because it kept giving me Baldwin and I got MLG at it. I like it HARD. I mean, I like getting 10,208t. That's some sweet cash. And it's not even THAT hard. Last Christmas, me and my parents bought this hella fine wooden puzzle of some Japanese woodblock print, and it took us over THREE HOURS to finish it. With two people (my dad was acting in more of a managerial role-- white helmet and such)! [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/nuMmXOs.png[/img][/center] My favorites are the aforementioned bird, Swipp's and Pinkerton's (because having loads of different objects is great), and, oh, what is that thing called. Green and red lizard-bat looking' thing? And the scryer! Think that was the first one I did-- took me over an hour. And probably others I can't think of right now. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/26eOJCm.png[/img] Go home, Dragonhome.[/center] My least favorites are the landscapes (Starfall Isle and Windswept Plateau aren't that bad, tho'), because everything looks the same after you reach a certain point. Then it becomes about matching the shapes more than anything. The worst by far? The Scarred Wasteland: [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/i8BGA8i.png[/img] This is how it looks when it's finished.[/center] Just look at that abomination. I suppose it's only appropriate. Easiest? Well… the ones I mentioned as my favorites. I'm such a jobber. But in my defense, those are also some of the most visually interesting ones! Hardest? Again, landscapes. Nests can also be a problem; Lightning, no problem, but Ice? Ice nest hates me. There's also that black and white Tundra one (a lot of those two-dragon puzzles can be a bit dicey), which is a total nightmare once you've finished the black border and scanlines. Also, the two guardians who are almost the same color yellow. Or the white Imperial against the white background. The deities are also a hassle, especially Plaguemom and Windsinger (but I'm not much better at Bossdad). Method? I always do the logo first, throw that in whatever corner it goes in, then do the border, trying the make sure the lose pieces won't cover everything up once I connect the border-bits (that always do). Then I usually just work inwards from there, more or less. As for the future, well. More puzzles, of course. I'd also like bigger ones-- both in number of pieces and dimensions. And more work room, because you don't get nearly enough. I'd also like it if they removed the coin animation (as satisfying as it can be), because that often causes my computer to lag and puts the fear of god into me that it'll disconnect. I've got too many "just a few more pieces-- DISCONNECT" stories to even remember. [b][u]SEDGE'S HIGH (uh, low) TIMES[/u][/b] Tomo: 25:18 Crim: 22:23 Baldwin: [s]21:37[/s] 16:32 Scrying Workshop: 28:19 Stormcatcher: 35:01 Windsinger: 35:44 Plaguebringer: 28:06 Fire Coatl: 44:19 Nocturne: 34:50 Spiral: 27:08 Light Sprite: 25:19 Lightning Sprite: 31:00 Nature Sprite: 27:16 Nochnyr: 31:39 Shadow Nest: [s]31:32[/s] 27:56 Plague Nest: 31:16 Viridian Labyrinth: 42:21 Puce Robot (?): 28:35
My fastest time is 18:??, by way of the little fire-breathing birdie (what is that, anyway?) which I'd completed before. Before that, I had around 20 minutes, because it kept giving me Baldwin and I got MLG at it.

I like it HARD. I mean, I like getting 10,208t. That's some sweet cash. And it's not even THAT hard. Last Christmas, me and my parents bought this hella fine wooden puzzle of some Japanese woodblock print, and it took us over THREE HOURS to finish it. With two people (my dad was acting in more of a managerial role-- white helmet and such)!
nuMmXOs.png

My favorites are the aforementioned bird, Swipp's and Pinkerton's (because having loads of different objects is great), and, oh, what is that thing called. Green and red lizard-bat looking' thing? And the scryer! Think that was the first one I did-- took me over an hour. And probably others I can't think of right now.
26eOJCm.png
Go home, Dragonhome.

My least favorites are the landscapes (Starfall Isle and Windswept Plateau aren't that bad, tho'), because everything looks the same after you reach a certain point. Then it becomes about matching the shapes more than anything. The worst by far? The Scarred Wasteland:
i8BGA8i.png
This is how it looks when it's finished.

Just look at that abomination. I suppose it's only appropriate.

Easiest? Well… the ones I mentioned as my favorites. I'm such a jobber. But in my defense, those are also some of the most visually interesting ones!

Hardest? Again, landscapes. Nests can also be a problem; Lightning, no problem, but Ice? Ice nest hates me. There's also that black and white Tundra one (a lot of those two-dragon puzzles can be a bit dicey), which is a total nightmare once you've finished the black border and scanlines. Also, the two guardians who are almost the same color yellow. Or the white Imperial against the white background. The deities are also a hassle, especially Plaguemom and Windsinger (but I'm not much better at Bossdad).

Method? I always do the logo first, throw that in whatever corner it goes in, then do the border, trying the make sure the lose pieces won't cover everything up once I connect the border-bits (that always do). Then I usually just work inwards from there, more or less.

As for the future, well. More puzzles, of course. I'd also like bigger ones-- both in number of pieces and dimensions. And more work room, because you don't get nearly enough.

I'd also like it if they removed the coin animation (as satisfying as it can be), because that often causes my computer to lag and puts the fear of god into me that it'll disconnect. I've got too many "just a few more pieces-- DISCONNECT" stories to even remember.

SEDGE'S HIGH (uh, low) TIMES
Tomo: 25:18
Crim: 22:23
Baldwin: 21:37 16:32
Scrying Workshop: 28:19
Stormcatcher: 35:01
Windsinger: 35:44
Plaguebringer: 28:06
Fire Coatl: 44:19
Nocturne: 34:50
Spiral: 27:08
Light Sprite: 25:19
Lightning Sprite: 31:00
Nature Sprite: 27:16
Nochnyr: 31:39
Shadow Nest: 31:32 27:56
Plague Nest: 31:16
Viridian Labyrinth: 42:21
Puce Robot (?): 28:35

m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
I get most of my treasure via puzzles, my best time on easy is just under 2 minutes and my best on hard is around 18, though I probably average 30 there...

I always start by putting all the edge pieces and the logo together, and then attaching more as I see where they go (also throwing all of the pieces into one tiny pile on top of each other in hard mode makes a ton of them stick together nicely just by coincidence so I do that as I'm picking out the first ones... I'm weird).

The deity and single-dragon puzzles are my favourites, though I'd say the easiest ones for me are the familiars except for the Smoke Gyre. I can finish the Sprite puzzles very quickly. The landscapes are the hardest, the two-dragon ones and nests can pose some trouble but usually aren't as evil. Also I have problems with too much negative space (like... non-gradient backgrounds) on the hard puzzles, too many tiny pieces that are all just one colour, where do they go. And then... I don't really have a least favourite. I guess that white Imperial on the snowy background. Oh, and the Earth nest hates me.

Some days I can literally play easy puzzles near-constantly (as I do other things, like... procrastinate) until I hit the daily treasure cap, other days I just do one hard one and that's it. I'd say I like the hard ones best, for the money but also for the bit of effort they take. I hope they add more puzzles before I get tired of everything that's there, really.

I've dealt with a bit of disconnection issues, but the true horror story was one time when I got distracted by conversations elsewhere about 1/3 of the way into the Smoke Gyre puzzle on hard until I realized I had only about 20 minutes left until the server turnover and had to finish it as quickly as possible or I'd lose the money. I barely made it through.

(Edit: new record today, 12:38 on the Baldwin puzzle.)
I get most of my treasure via puzzles, my best time on easy is just under 2 minutes and my best on hard is around 18, though I probably average 30 there...

I always start by putting all the edge pieces and the logo together, and then attaching more as I see where they go (also throwing all of the pieces into one tiny pile on top of each other in hard mode makes a ton of them stick together nicely just by coincidence so I do that as I'm picking out the first ones... I'm weird).

The deity and single-dragon puzzles are my favourites, though I'd say the easiest ones for me are the familiars except for the Smoke Gyre. I can finish the Sprite puzzles very quickly. The landscapes are the hardest, the two-dragon ones and nests can pose some trouble but usually aren't as evil. Also I have problems with too much negative space (like... non-gradient backgrounds) on the hard puzzles, too many tiny pieces that are all just one colour, where do they go. And then... I don't really have a least favourite. I guess that white Imperial on the snowy background. Oh, and the Earth nest hates me.

Some days I can literally play easy puzzles near-constantly (as I do other things, like... procrastinate) until I hit the daily treasure cap, other days I just do one hard one and that's it. I'd say I like the hard ones best, for the money but also for the bit of effort they take. I hope they add more puzzles before I get tired of everything that's there, really.

I've dealt with a bit of disconnection issues, but the true horror story was one time when I got distracted by conversations elsewhere about 1/3 of the way into the Smoke Gyre puzzle on hard until I realized I had only about 20 minutes left until the server turnover and had to finish it as quickly as possible or I'd lose the money. I barely made it through.

(Edit: new record today, 12:38 on the Baldwin puzzle.)
  • Your fastest time?
    2:57. I think I'm going to do better at some point.
    Easy! I can earn treasure faster. It takes me a lot of time to complete one of the normal/hard ones.
  • Your favorite puzzle?
    I like most of them, but I especially like the nests and the dragons.
    The one with the light sprite. 8/
  • The easiest puzzle?
    I had my new record with the puzzle with the Maren.
  • The hardest puzzle?
    Uuhh I don't know. Last time I tried the Hard one I was going crazy with an Imperial in the snow.
    Start from the edges, then fill it.
  • What do you want for the glorious future of puzzles?
    I'd like to save some of them as wallpapers, because they're pretty. D:
    I lost my first Hard puzzle for disconnection right when I was to put the last two pieces in their places. This is probably why I came to hate the Light Sprite so much. xD
  • Your fastest time?
    2:57. I think I'm going to do better at some point.
    Easy! I can earn treasure faster. It takes me a lot of time to complete one of the normal/hard ones.
  • Your favorite puzzle?
    I like most of them, but I especially like the nests and the dragons.
    The one with the light sprite. 8/
  • The easiest puzzle?
    I had my new record with the puzzle with the Maren.
  • The hardest puzzle?
    Uuhh I don't know. Last time I tried the Hard one I was going crazy with an Imperial in the snow.
    Start from the edges, then fill it.
  • What do you want for the glorious future of puzzles?
    I'd like to save some of them as wallpapers, because they're pretty. D:
    I lost my first Hard puzzle for disconnection right when I was to put the last two pieces in their places. This is probably why I came to hate the Light Sprite so much. xD
@kawakamis

Oh yea, I also lost a race against turnover. Started at 23:20-something. I just about had it!

I wonder what it'd be like to start with a random piece and extend outwards-- and I mean, no putting together ANY other clusters that don't connect to the main one.
@kawakamis

Oh yea, I also lost a race against turnover. Started at 23:20-something. I just about had it!

I wonder what it'd be like to start with a random piece and extend outwards-- and I mean, no putting together ANY other clusters that don't connect to the main one.
m2utnBV.png
hello yes I have found my people

Fastest Time:
I think a minute and five seconds for easy, and about five minutes (twenty-nine seconds?) on normal. I've never done hard before, though. Never.

Preferred Difficulty:
Easy. I know Normal will probably get me more cash quickly, but I just can't stand the feeling of how I still have so much more to go whenever I look at the pieces left.

Favorite Puzzle:
The Smoke Gyre one is very pretty! If I could, I would save it as a wallpaper. ;-; (Not to mention the Scrying Workshop dragon one and also the Light Sprite one.)

Least Favorite Puzzle:
The Scarred Wastelands jigsaw. I'm sorry, Plague, but I just can't do it.

Easiest Puzzle:
The one with the female Snapper! I think that's the one I scored my fastest time on, because of all the different-looking parts and colors. The one with the dragons from the FR banner is pretty easy too.

Hardest Puzzle:
Any of the territory ones that aren't Arcane, Wind, or Water. (Earth is okay.)

Work Method:
Start with the logo, and then snap 'em together as fast as I can. I've kind of memorized which piece goes with which by now. :p

Glorious Future of Puzzles:
-chants- QIRIQ! QIRIQ! QIRIQ! QIRIQ! Also bigger areas/pieces for mobile users; its heck trying to do a hard puzzle on an iPad. I don't even want to see what it looks like on a phone.

Disconnection Horror Stories:
Surprisingly, none! Unless you count all those times I got distracted and went out of Safari for a bit only to come back to the "no connection' message.
hello yes I have found my people

Fastest Time:
I think a minute and five seconds for easy, and about five minutes (twenty-nine seconds?) on normal. I've never done hard before, though. Never.

Preferred Difficulty:
Easy. I know Normal will probably get me more cash quickly, but I just can't stand the feeling of how I still have so much more to go whenever I look at the pieces left.

Favorite Puzzle:
The Smoke Gyre one is very pretty! If I could, I would save it as a wallpaper. ;-; (Not to mention the Scrying Workshop dragon one and also the Light Sprite one.)

Least Favorite Puzzle:
The Scarred Wastelands jigsaw. I'm sorry, Plague, but I just can't do it.

Easiest Puzzle:
The one with the female Snapper! I think that's the one I scored my fastest time on, because of all the different-looking parts and colors. The one with the dragons from the FR banner is pretty easy too.

Hardest Puzzle:
Any of the territory ones that aren't Arcane, Wind, or Water. (Earth is okay.)

Work Method:
Start with the logo, and then snap 'em together as fast as I can. I've kind of memorized which piece goes with which by now. :p

Glorious Future of Puzzles:
-chants- QIRIQ! QIRIQ! QIRIQ! QIRIQ! Also bigger areas/pieces for mobile users; its heck trying to do a hard puzzle on an iPad. I don't even want to see what it looks like on a phone.

Disconnection Horror Stories:
Surprisingly, none! Unless you count all those times I got distracted and went out of Safari for a bit only to come back to the "no connection' message.
globules.png
Your fastest time?
7:45
Your preferred difficulty?
I like playing at normal, it's not to fast or too slow and you'd get like 4-5k treasure too!
Your favorite puzzle?
The Nature Sprite! It's really pretty.
Your least favorite puzzle?
The Nests Puzzles, especially the ice nest. (sorry ice flighters!)
The easiest puzzle?
The FR Banner.
The hardest puzzle?
It's a tie between the clown tundras and the one with a mirror and a guardian fighting each other.
What's your work method?
Start with the logo, find the edges, work my way to the middle.
What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?
Hmm, I want more puzzles, specifically the Trick of the Light or the Vulstals!
Disconnection horror stories?
I was playing on hard mode and there's only like 5 pieces left. I didn't look at the time, and the rollover came. xP I should have been looking at the time.
Your fastest time?
7:45
I like playing at normal, it's not to fast or too slow and you'd get like 4-5k treasure too!
Your favorite puzzle?
The Nature Sprite! It's really pretty.
The Nests Puzzles, especially the ice nest. (sorry ice flighters!)
The easiest puzzle?
The FR Banner.
The hardest puzzle?
It's a tie between the clown tundras and the one with a mirror and a guardian fighting each other.
What's your work method?
Start with the logo, find the edges, work my way to the middle.
What do you want for the glourious future of puzzles?
Hmm, I want more puzzles, specifically the Trick of the Light or the Vulstals!
Disconnection horror stories?
I was playing on hard mode and there's only like 5 pieces left. I didn't look at the time, and the rollover came. xP I should have been looking at the time.
fireanim3.gifqRZOdzQ.pngfireanim3.gif
This is gold. I... I can't
This is gold. I... I can't
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
Your fastest time?
1:04 on Easy. Which is the only one I do
Easy. It was always the most efficient for time vs treasure for me. And there's not much disconnection risk.
Your favorite puzzle?
The Light Sprite. I'm rather fond of the soft colours.
Any of the Plague ones (I'm sorry - I love you Plague but your lairs & stuff give me the squicks)
The easiest puzzle?
Pinkerton. I find the individual pieces very identifiable
The hardest puzzle?
The Scarred Wasteland. It all looks the same.
What's your work method?
Starts from the top right corner. Although most puzzles now I know roughly where the piece should go, so it just goes into the right area and things will start clicking together.
What do you want for the glorious future of puzzles?
A slightly better linking of time to payout might be nice. I mean, it's kind of disheartening to see that I get the same payout on an easy puzzle when it's taken 10 mins because I've had to walk away & answer the phone as I get when I've put my best times in.
Puzzles of some of the Bears might be nice, as we have Sprite ones.

Edits: Good Lord my typing sucks this morning.
Your fastest time?
1:04 on Easy. Which is the only one I do
Easy. It was always the most efficient for time vs treasure for me. And there's not much disconnection risk.
Your favorite puzzle?
The Light Sprite. I'm rather fond of the soft colours.
Any of the Plague ones (I'm sorry - I love you Plague but your lairs & stuff give me the squicks)
The easiest puzzle?
Pinkerton. I find the individual pieces very identifiable
The hardest puzzle?
The Scarred Wasteland. It all looks the same.
What's your work method?
Starts from the top right corner. Although most puzzles now I know roughly where the piece should go, so it just goes into the right area and things will start clicking together.
What do you want for the glorious future of puzzles?
A slightly better linking of time to payout might be nice. I mean, it's kind of disheartening to see that I get the same payout on an easy puzzle when it's taken 10 mins because I've had to walk away & answer the phone as I get when I've put my best times in.
Puzzles of some of the Bears might be nice, as we have Sprite ones.

Edits: Good Lord my typing sucks this morning.
dR1OCbi.png
Once you go Snap you never go back
*2/3 through Shadow deity, screaming internally*

*internet dies, screaming intensifies*

*2/3 through Shadow deity, screaming internally*

*internet dies, screaming intensifies*

m2utnBV.png
1 2 3 4