Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | choose lair location
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Support! I never want to leave the Leviathan Trench, but it is going to be inevitable since eventually I'm going to run out of room and I'll have to expand... Being able to choose the location would be wonderful.
Support! I never want to leave the Leviathan Trench, but it is going to be inevitable since eventually I'm going to run out of room and I'll have to expand... Being able to choose the location would be wonderful.
I don't see why not, support :)
I think the ancient lairs are supposed to be closest to the dragon god, but honestly, it's really only an aesthetic thing and I'm all for letting the players choose where they want their clan to live.
I don't see why not, support :)
I think the ancient lairs are supposed to be closest to the dragon god, but honestly, it's really only an aesthetic thing and I'm all for letting the players choose where they want their clan to live.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
Support. I really like the Gladeveins, and if I eventually write some lore for my clan, I'd like it to be there, but I'm going to need to keep expanding my lair. What's the harm of having an ancient lair in the Gladeveins? I agree that you should only be able to choose a place to live if you've already unlocked it, so if you have a lesser lair you can't put it in the Behemoth, but if you have an ancient lair you could put it in the Everbloom Gardens.
Support. I really like the Gladeveins, and if I eventually write some lore for my clan, I'd like it to be there, but I'm going to need to keep expanding my lair. What's the harm of having an ancient lair in the Gladeveins? I agree that you should only be able to choose a place to live if you've already unlocked it, so if you have a lesser lair you can't put it in the Behemoth, but if you have an ancient lair you could put it in the Everbloom Gardens.
HKLesf5.png
they/them
fr time + 3
[quote name="Lightscales" date="2014-09-01 21:53:38"]Maybe. I think it messes a bit with the lore though. From what I understand, when you upgrade you move to an area that has the room for your dragons. So the reason you don't stay in one area is because theres not enough room. So, maybe. I'm not so sure though.[/quote] I'm thinking a bit towards this as well. I understand people love roleplay, and that's cool, no qualms there of course, but if its going to interfere with the official site lore, then that's a problem. If this is incorrect or not part of the lore, then I don't see why not, but if the official lore suggests otherwise, then I'd have to put that of more importance.
Lightscales wrote on 2014-09-01 21:53:38:
Maybe. I think it messes a bit with the lore though. From what I understand, when you upgrade you move to an area that has the room for your dragons. So the reason you don't stay in one area is because theres not enough room.

So, maybe. I'm not so sure though.

I'm thinking a bit towards this as well. I understand people love roleplay, and that's cool, no qualms there of course, but if its going to interfere with the official site lore, then that's a problem. If this is incorrect or not part of the lore, then I don't see why not, but if the official lore suggests otherwise, then I'd have to put that of more importance.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Support! My clan is built around a large tree that is my Guardian founder's charge. How am I suppose to move my clan without exalting my Guardian and make it fit my lore?

As for the official site lore of moving into an area with more room for your clan, you could easily justify staying put as expanding into the area left by other clans as they move.
Support! My clan is built around a large tree that is my Guardian founder's charge. How am I suppose to move my clan without exalting my Guardian and make it fit my lore?

As for the official site lore of moving into an area with more room for your clan, you could easily justify staying put as expanding into the area left by other clans as they move.
support! I loved living in the everbloom gardens; I'm in the gladeveins now and not looking forward to moving to the shrieking wilds :--(
support! I loved living in the everbloom gardens; I'm in the gladeveins now and not looking forward to moving to the shrieking wilds :--(
G05RONQ.png
HJLIYn4.png
qolvKrW.png
kdxdYDq.png
DxCICZ1.png
98.png image4.png loop.gif
I support.
I support.
tumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo1_250.pngtumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo2_250.pngc3kQRMf.png
I agree with this. Why would a lair suddenly change it's location? That's a lot of dragons to move! Wouldn't the dragons choose a location suitable for a future population? On the other hand, if a clan is nomadic, their location should frequently change! I think having a choice to reflect the clan would be great.

Another thing I'm wondering is if the reason why our location automatically changes is that this new location is a place where clans of similar sizes tend to congregate? The difference might be comparable in our rural towns, suburbs, and cities. I am not careful about site lore, so I really have no idea. :)

edit:
Ah, okay so it's in the lore. I probably should do more reading. xD
I agree with this. Why would a lair suddenly change it's location? That's a lot of dragons to move! Wouldn't the dragons choose a location suitable for a future population? On the other hand, if a clan is nomadic, their location should frequently change! I think having a choice to reflect the clan would be great.

Another thing I'm wondering is if the reason why our location automatically changes is that this new location is a place where clans of similar sizes tend to congregate? The difference might be comparable in our rural towns, suburbs, and cities. I am not careful about site lore, so I really have no idea. :)

edit:
Ah, okay so it's in the lore. I probably should do more reading. xD
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
Support! When I first signed up I thought this was actually what it was like. I was so disappointed when I found out your lair moved as you upgraded. Also, it doesn't even make sense lore-wise: the location is getting bigger, not picking up and moving somewhere else!
Support! When I first signed up I thought this was actually what it was like. I was so disappointed when I found out your lair moved as you upgraded. Also, it doesn't even make sense lore-wise: the location is getting bigger, not picking up and moving somewhere else!
they/them or he/him please. I'm in FR time.
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-11-08 10:53:06"][quote name="Lightscales" date="2014-09-01 21:53:38"]Maybe. I think it messes a bit with the lore though. From what I understand, when you upgrade you move to an area that has the room for your dragons. So the reason you don't stay in one area is because theres not enough room. So, maybe. I'm not so sure though.[/quote] I'm thinking a bit towards this as well. I understand people love roleplay, and that's cool, no qualms there of course, but if its going to interfere with the official site lore, then that's a problem. If this is incorrect or not part of the lore, then I don't see why not, but if the official lore suggests otherwise, then I'd have to put that of more importance.[/quote] Just as remarked in some posts on tumblr, just as dragons and clans do not have to conform to lore (say--really cool-tempered Fire element dragons, or a Plague clan there against its will and struggling in its survival, and dead serious Spirals), there doesn't stand to be too much in the way of allowing 'exemptions'. The lore could be that [i]most[/i] dragons feel they should move closer to their deity, but this is not universal. [url=http://undel.tumblr.com/post/90651603007/dragonsgame-every-time-new-dark-lore-gets]One such post here[/url].
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-11-08 10:53:06:
Lightscales wrote on 2014-09-01 21:53:38:
Maybe. I think it messes a bit with the lore though. From what I understand, when you upgrade you move to an area that has the room for your dragons. So the reason you don't stay in one area is because theres not enough room.

So, maybe. I'm not so sure though.

I'm thinking a bit towards this as well. I understand people love roleplay, and that's cool, no qualms there of course, but if its going to interfere with the official site lore, then that's a problem. If this is incorrect or not part of the lore, then I don't see why not, but if the official lore suggests otherwise, then I'd have to put that of more importance.
Just as remarked in some posts on tumblr, just as dragons and clans do not have to conform to lore (say--really cool-tempered Fire element dragons, or a Plague clan there against its will and struggling in its survival, and dead serious Spirals), there doesn't stand to be too much in the way of allowing 'exemptions'. The lore could be that most dragons feel they should move closer to their deity, but this is not universal. One such post here.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22