Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Revolutionary OOC (Open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
((This takes place in the same world as Clayton Academy. Here is the thread if you want to read it. This RP is about 100 years later, however, so technology has advanced significantly.))
IC
Mors Unitarum - The Magical Revolution

Most people considered magic an abomination. Evil, deplorable, destructive. Ever since its emergence as a tool and a weapon, many have sought to destroy it. The Templar Order was formed, an elite group of soldiers sworn to destroy magic. As it faded, so did their ranks. Its re-emergence caused a rift in the faded knights. Some upheld the traditional values, seeking to destroy magic as violently as possible. Others thought to harness it for their own use. The split spawned several additional organizations, with the intent purpose of destroying magic. One such organization, Mors Unitarum, studied ways to siphon magical energy and use it against those they sought to destroy.

Magic-stealing technology is only a recent development, with Mors Unitarum historically kidnapping and brainwashing magical creatures instead. The new technology allows them to steal and store magical energy ib specialized batteries, allowing normal humans to wield magic. The need for magical-born creatures was rendered to nothing more than a power source, and Mors Unitarum’s ranks slowly became totally human.

The process for allowing a human to wield magic is trying, often resulting in severe injuries, and even death. Personalities are warped and turned sadistic. In order to keep the human from being destroyed by the magical energies surging through their bodies, wards and emblazoned on their uniform, restraining the magic. Each member is implanted with an eye that allows them to see magical energy, and granted weapons based on their rank.

The magical academy, the single safe space for anything considered subhuman by the world, had been destroyed. With nowhere else to turn, magical creatures could only hope to hide. A small resistance was formed, pushing back in the Northwestern United States. The only remaining hope for peace, precariously teetering on the edge of extinction.

Phew! A bit of a mouthful! Okay, so, the clarification: If you were in the Clayton Academy Roleplay, you know a bit of the world. But for those who don’t, a TL:DR; of it is that this is a world where magical creatures are hated. The Templar Order is the oldest and most prominent magical eradication organization. Mors Unitarum is a spinoff from the Templar, taking a totally different… Slightly different… Okay, maybe slightly inspired if you were in the original RP, approach to dealing with magic. After Clayton was eradicated, there were no magical havens, and magical creatures began their descent into extinction. ((This doesn’t mean that in Clayton the Templar infiltrators succeed - the destruction has happened at an unspecified time, so it could be due to Mathew (the last Clayton)’s death.))

A few Alumni formed a resistance group to protect the remaining creatures, and more joined as they could, eventually establishing themselves as pretty much the only people standing up against the anti-magic movement.

Beyond that, Mors Unitarum agents, to clarify, are all born human. They are overloaded with stolen magical energy and used as tools to attack magical creatures. Instead of outright killing magical beings, Mors Unitarum will drain them of magical energy, which usually results in an agonizing death anyways. Because of the magical overdose, agents are often twisted and sadistic as a result, with a very rare few becoming very childlike. Either way, their mental state is twisted beyond the normal.

I have a huge explanation for how all of this works, but this is really all you need, probably. I’ll give a more detailed one if you ask for it, but this should be fine before it turns into a novel.

((This takes place in the same world as Clayton Academy. Here is the thread if you want to read it. This RP is about 100 years later, however, so technology has advanced significantly.))
IC
Mors Unitarum - The Magical Revolution

Most people considered magic an abomination. Evil, deplorable, destructive. Ever since its emergence as a tool and a weapon, many have sought to destroy it. The Templar Order was formed, an elite group of soldiers sworn to destroy magic. As it faded, so did their ranks. Its re-emergence caused a rift in the faded knights. Some upheld the traditional values, seeking to destroy magic as violently as possible. Others thought to harness it for their own use. The split spawned several additional organizations, with the intent purpose of destroying magic. One such organization, Mors Unitarum, studied ways to siphon magical energy and use it against those they sought to destroy.

Magic-stealing technology is only a recent development, with Mors Unitarum historically kidnapping and brainwashing magical creatures instead. The new technology allows them to steal and store magical energy ib specialized batteries, allowing normal humans to wield magic. The need for magical-born creatures was rendered to nothing more than a power source, and Mors Unitarum’s ranks slowly became totally human.

The process for allowing a human to wield magic is trying, often resulting in severe injuries, and even death. Personalities are warped and turned sadistic. In order to keep the human from being destroyed by the magical energies surging through their bodies, wards and emblazoned on their uniform, restraining the magic. Each member is implanted with an eye that allows them to see magical energy, and granted weapons based on their rank.

The magical academy, the single safe space for anything considered subhuman by the world, had been destroyed. With nowhere else to turn, magical creatures could only hope to hide. A small resistance was formed, pushing back in the Northwestern United States. The only remaining hope for peace, precariously teetering on the edge of extinction.

Phew! A bit of a mouthful! Okay, so, the clarification: If you were in the Clayton Academy Roleplay, you know a bit of the world. But for those who don’t, a TL:DR; of it is that this is a world where magical creatures are hated. The Templar Order is the oldest and most prominent magical eradication organization. Mors Unitarum is a spinoff from the Templar, taking a totally different… Slightly different… Okay, maybe slightly inspired if you were in the original RP, approach to dealing with magic. After Clayton was eradicated, there were no magical havens, and magical creatures began their descent into extinction. ((This doesn’t mean that in Clayton the Templar infiltrators succeed - the destruction has happened at an unspecified time, so it could be due to Mathew (the last Clayton)’s death.))

A few Alumni formed a resistance group to protect the remaining creatures, and more joined as they could, eventually establishing themselves as pretty much the only people standing up against the anti-magic movement.

Beyond that, Mors Unitarum agents, to clarify, are all born human. They are overloaded with stolen magical energy and used as tools to attack magical creatures. Instead of outright killing magical beings, Mors Unitarum will drain them of magical energy, which usually results in an agonizing death anyways. Because of the magical overdose, agents are often twisted and sadistic as a result, with a very rare few becoming very childlike. Either way, their mental state is twisted beyond the normal.

I have a huge explanation for how all of this works, but this is really all you need, probably. I’ll give a more detailed one if you ask for it, but this should be fine before it turns into a novel.

xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Rules / Info

• Mod word is final (me.) Please don't argue, it makes things awkward.
  • Please don't godmod/make your characters OP.
  • If you are making a Mors Unitarum agent, please explain how they joined.
  • The Mors Unitarum agents have different uniforms based on what their rank is. A Private, Sergeants, and Corporals have black rabes, silver trims, and glowing white runes. Lieutenants, Captains, and Majors have white robes, golden trims, and black robes that seem to suck the light out of the air.
  • Uniforms include a robe, undershirt, cotton pants, and a gauntlet on their dominant hand which has a magical battery pack and augments to allow them to drain pure magical energy. If these batteries are shattered, anything that comes in contact with the resulting goo will be obliterated (it evaporates after about ten seconds.)
  • If you are a resistance member, explain how you came to know about them.
  • Agents have generalized magic - they can channel energy into destructive spells, drain it from people, and will have a limited number of spells they can cast (two per agent. Examples: Shapeshifting, elemental manipulation, etc.) Resistance members can be a bit more powerful.
  • Make a pun to show you read the rules :)
  • No deities, angels, demons, or half-breeds of any kind. I don't feel comfortable with them based on my faith.
  • Half-dragons are exceptionally rare and very nearly extinct. They have to deal with not only the magic-eradicating groups, but the draconic council wanting them dead. That being said, make as many as you want. They're just canonically rare.
  • Uhhhh, I might add more rules, but I'll tell you if I do.
Rules / Info

• Mod word is final (me.) Please don't argue, it makes things awkward.
  • Please don't godmod/make your characters OP.
  • If you are making a Mors Unitarum agent, please explain how they joined.
  • The Mors Unitarum agents have different uniforms based on what their rank is. A Private, Sergeants, and Corporals have black rabes, silver trims, and glowing white runes. Lieutenants, Captains, and Majors have white robes, golden trims, and black robes that seem to suck the light out of the air.
  • Uniforms include a robe, undershirt, cotton pants, and a gauntlet on their dominant hand which has a magical battery pack and augments to allow them to drain pure magical energy. If these batteries are shattered, anything that comes in contact with the resulting goo will be obliterated (it evaporates after about ten seconds.)
  • If you are a resistance member, explain how you came to know about them.
  • Agents have generalized magic - they can channel energy into destructive spells, drain it from people, and will have a limited number of spells they can cast (two per agent. Examples: Shapeshifting, elemental manipulation, etc.) Resistance members can be a bit more powerful.
  • Make a pun to show you read the rules :)
  • No deities, angels, demons, or half-breeds of any kind. I don't feel comfortable with them based on my faith.
  • Half-dragons are exceptionally rare and very nearly extinct. They have to deal with not only the magic-eradicating groups, but the draconic council wanting them dead. That being said, make as many as you want. They're just canonically rare.
  • Uhhhh, I might add more rules, but I'll tell you if I do.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
[center][size = 7][b][font = Franklin Gothic Medium]Character Sheet[/b][/font][/size][/center] [b]Username[/b]: [b]Character Name[/b]: [b]Age(18+)[/b]: [b]Gender[/b]: [b]Resistance/Agent[/b]: [b]Image/Description[/b]: [b]Height[/b]: [b]Weight[/b]: [b]Eye Color[/b]: [b]Hair Color[/b] [b]Species[/b] [i](Human, Elf, Half-breed, etc.)[/i]: [b]Powers[/b]: [LIST] [*] [/LIST] (Add more bullets as needed) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses[/b]: [b]Likes/Dislikes[/b]: [b]Personality[/b]: [i]Other[/i]: [code] [b]Username[/b]: [b]Character Name[/b]: [b]Age(18+)[/b]: [b]Gender[/b]: [b]Resistance/Agent[/b]: [b]Image/Description[/b]: [b]Height[/b]: [b]Weight[/b]: [b]Eye Color[/b]: [b]Hair Color[/b] [b]Species[/b] [i](Human, Elf, Half-breed, etc.)[/i]: [b]Powers[/b]: [LIST] [*] [/LIST] (Add more bullets as needed) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses[/b]: [b]Likes/Dislikes[/b]: [b]Personality[/b]: [i]Other[/i]: [/code]
Character Sheet

Username:

Character Name:
Age(18+):
Resistance/Agent:

Image/Description:

Height:
Weight:

Eye Color:
Hair Color

Species (Human, Elf, Half-breed, etc.):

Powers:
(Add more bullets as needed)

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Likes/Dislikes:

Personality:

Other:

Code:
[b]Username[/b]: [b]Character Name[/b]: [b]Age(18+)[/b]: [b]Gender[/b]: [b]Resistance/Agent[/b]: [b]Image/Description[/b]: [b]Height[/b]: [b]Weight[/b]: [b]Eye Color[/b]: [b]Hair Color[/b] [b]Species[/b] [i](Human, Elf, Half-breed, etc.)[/i]: [b]Powers[/b]: [LIST] [*] [/LIST] (Add more bullets as needed) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses[/b]: [b]Likes/Dislikes[/b]: [b]Personality[/b]: [i]Other[/i]:

Clayton Academy
Players
Players

Clayton Academy
Da Memes:
@SmilodonLady @ChaoticPotato @wispexe @fattycatty @Draconequis @MoonyLoony @CrazyCapricorn

Ya can suggest if you want :)
Da Memes:
@SmilodonLady @ChaoticPotato @wispexe @fattycatty @Draconequis @MoonyLoony @CrazyCapricorn

Ya can suggest if you want :)

Clayton Academy
@fattycatty
@SmilodonLady
@MoonyLoony

Mightnt y'all be interested :3
@fattycatty
@SmilodonLady
@MoonyLoony

Mightnt y'all be interested :3

Clayton Academy
*rises out of tomb to create another avo*
*realizes it's the same universe so I cant*
*or can I...*
*or can I...*
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
OwO

I might do an age flex with some of my characters as well... Lance can kinda casually live beyond 100 and theoretically so can Adara (given that her curse is broken... Or not given the nature of her magic)

And Landon... I really wanna say that he got bold and wrecked a base as his act of 'I'm leaving so go die' and just became more intimidating as the years passed as who wants to poke a large shifter thats getting bigger every few months?

But...
*Rubs hands*
I have a grand agent idea in the works... As he is more of a magic drainy type vampy themed character.

And I'm subbed so dun worry~
OwO

I might do an age flex with some of my characters as well... Lance can kinda casually live beyond 100 and theoretically so can Adara (given that her curse is broken... Or not given the nature of her magic)

And Landon... I really wanna say that he got bold and wrecked a base as his act of 'I'm leaving so go die' and just became more intimidating as the years passed as who wants to poke a large shifter thats getting bigger every few months?

But...
*Rubs hands*
I have a grand agent idea in the works... As he is more of a magic drainy type vampy themed character.

And I'm subbed so dun worry~
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
[quote name="fattycatty" date="2021-07-21 18:37:41" ] *rises out of tomb to create another avo* *realizes it's the same universe so I cant* *or can I...* [/quote] You can make a "Avo: Season Two" aaaaaa- ((I have a fee ideas, but, eh. I know I'm using my Academy bros because *half-dragons* and they can live a while.))
fattycatty wrote on 2021-07-21 18:37:41:
*or can I...*
You can make a "Avo: Season Two" aaaaaa-

((I have a fee ideas, but, eh. I know I'm using my Academy bros because *half-dragons* and they can live a while.))

Clayton Academy
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2021-07-21 18:41:58" ] [quote name="fattycatty" date="2021-07-21 18:37:41" ] *rises out of tomb to create another avo* *realizes it's the same universe so I cant* *or can I...* [/quote] You can make a "Avo: Season Two" aaaaaa- ((I have a fee ideas, but, eh. I know I'm using my Academy bros because *half-dragons* and they can live a while.)) [/quote] OK but like can Avo be the Chad who made skill swap into an actual thing? Like? He made the weave snatched ur magic machine? AND CAN HE BE A MACHINE WITH A PET TRIANGLE??
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2021-07-21 18:41:58:
fattycatty wrote on 2021-07-21 18:37:41:
*or can I...*
You can make a "Avo: Season Two" aaaaaa-

((I have a fee ideas, but, eh. I know I'm using my Academy bros because *half-dragons* and they can live a while.))

OK but like can Avo be the Chad who made skill swap into an actual thing? Like? He made the weave snatched ur magic machine?
AND CAN HE BE A MACHINE WITH A PET TRIANGLE??
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43