Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stafshall National Park OOC (OPEN!!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
[center][font=Chalkduster][Size=7]Stafshall National Park [/center] [font=papyrus][size=4]Here at Stafshall National Park we can offer a truly unique hiking and camping experience. From the beautiful Starlight Pools to our famous Mount Shear. All you have to do is follow the rules and map and everything should be fine. Our park rangers are always here to help if you encounter any sort of trouble. Stafshall is also one of the few places where you can encounter creatures that are only spoken of in myths. As we have numerous reports of large reptiles, wendigos, skinwalkers, and several other creatures spoken of in mythology. Now none of the rangers can either confirm or deny that any of them are real. That's for you to find out. And with that out of the way, here's a list of rules for your own safety. [LIST=1] [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Don't leave any food where bears can reach it. Seriously it sucks to have one destroy your car over a starburst wrapper. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Do NOT litter or we will feed you to the wendigos. And Larry really likes the taste of humans. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Stay on or close to the designated paths, straying too far into the woods is how the wildlife will get you. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Be off the trails and in one of the designated camping areas by nightfall, as we don't want you getting hurt out in the dark. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Only camp in designated areas. Camping elsewhere will get you a fine at best and the next missing person case at worst. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Keep a fire going at all times during the night, it wards off most of the creatures. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you see a wendigo, make as little noise as possible. Don't run, walk away slowly and climb a tree if possible, they love inflicting fear upon their prey. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you are approached by a blood wyvern, stay calm and try to initiate dialog. Attempt to offer any meat you have in exchange for passage. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Generally avoid whistling at night, it attracts the skinwalkers. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you are being stalked by a skinwalker, quickly flash a light at their eyes in a strobing pattern, they really don't like it and will typically leave you alone. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you see an animal that is clearly not right, stay completely still, don't even breathe until it passes completely. Then report the animal and what it looked like to a ranger as soon as possible. Especially if it looks human. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Don't climb the stairs if you see them, just report it to a ranger when you get a chance. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Stay out of the caves, and if anything in there bites you, immediately run to the nearest ranger station for first aid. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you hear static over the radio or walkie-talkies, go the opposite direction until the sound of static fades. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Don't feed the animals. We don't want the geese becoming a menace to society. Well any more than they already are. [/LIST] [img]https://i.imgur.com/RYYpWjR.png[/img] Thank you Raccoon for the lovely art and I [i]had[/i] to put it up here! ----- [font=papyrus][size=4] "Hi! I'm Daniel, one of the rangers here at Stafshall. I've been working here for about 4 years at this point and love it here. Yes, I'm of Navajo descent and I grew up in skinwalker country Arizona before coming here to the pacific midwest to escape Satan's butthole when the summer comes." While Daniel looks fairly normal, you can't help but notice the number of animal skins on his belt. He then continues, "Anyways, if you have any questions about the mythology or the park don't be afraid to ask me and umm… If you need anything whistle like a robin and I'll be right there. Oh look my buddy Aaron's up, he usually works the nightshift. Hey Aaron, care to talk a bit about yourself and the park for the new people?" A younger looking guy carrying a copy of Unwanteds and a lidded cup stares at Daniel for a moment before registering what he said and adds, "R-Right, just like Dan said I'm Aaron. I've lived in Washington my whole life, particularly around this area. One could even say it's almost like I was born here in the park… Haha… I wasn't obviously that'd be weird." As he walks over to stand with Daniel, you can't help but notice the fact he has a few leaves in his hair before he continues, "Anyways, I like working night shifts around here and usually have a book on me to pass the time. I've got some siblings in the area that like to swing by and to them I have a rather weird nickname from them so uhh… If you see me responding to something like it's my name that's why. But umm… If you run into any trouble during the night just give me a shout and I'll be there faster than you think."
Stafshall National Park
Here at Stafshall National Park we can offer a truly unique hiking and camping experience. From the beautiful Starlight Pools to our famous Mount Shear. All you have to do is follow the rules and map and everything should be fine. Our park rangers are always here to help if you encounter any sort of trouble.
Stafshall is also one of the few places where you can encounter creatures that are only spoken of in myths. As we have numerous reports of large reptiles, wendigos, skinwalkers, and several other creatures spoken of in mythology. Now none of the rangers can either confirm or deny that any of them are real. That's for you to find out. And with that out of the way, here's a list of rules for your own safety.
  1. Don't leave any food where bears can reach it. Seriously it sucks to have one destroy your car over a starburst wrapper.
  2. Do NOT litter or we will feed you to the wendigos. And Larry really likes the taste of humans.
  3. Stay on or close to the designated paths, straying too far into the woods is how the wildlife will get you.
  4. Be off the trails and in one of the designated camping areas by nightfall, as we don't want you getting hurt out in the dark.
  5. Only camp in designated areas. Camping elsewhere will get you a fine at best and the next missing person case at worst.
  6. Keep a fire going at all times during the night, it wards off most of the creatures.
  7. If you see a wendigo, make as little noise as possible. Don't run, walk away slowly and climb a tree if possible, they love inflicting fear upon their prey.
  8. If you are approached by a blood wyvern, stay calm and try to initiate dialog. Attempt to offer any meat you have in exchange for passage.
  9. Generally avoid whistling at night, it attracts the skinwalkers.
  10. If you are being stalked by a skinwalker, quickly flash a light at their eyes in a strobing pattern, they really don't like it and will typically leave you alone.
  11. If you see an animal that is clearly not right, stay completely still, don't even breathe until it passes completely. Then report the animal and what it looked like to a ranger as soon as possible. Especially if it looks human.
  12. Don't climb the stairs if you see them, just report it to a ranger when you get a chance.
  13. Stay out of the caves, and if anything in there bites you, immediately run to the nearest ranger station for first aid.
  14. If you hear static over the radio or walkie-talkies, go the opposite direction until the sound of static fades.
  15. Don't feed the animals. We don't want the geese becoming a menace to society. Well any more than they already are.

RYYpWjR.png
Thank you Raccoon for the lovely art and I had to put it up here!

"Hi! I'm Daniel, one of the rangers here at Stafshall. I've been working here for about 4 years at this point and love it here. Yes, I'm of Navajo descent and I grew up in skinwalker country Arizona before coming here to the pacific midwest to escape Satan's butthole when the summer comes."
While Daniel looks fairly normal, you can't help but notice the number of animal skins on his belt. He then continues,
"Anyways, if you have any questions about the mythology or the park don't be afraid to ask me and umm… If you need anything whistle like a robin and I'll be right there. Oh look my buddy Aaron's up, he usually works the nightshift.
Hey Aaron, care to talk a bit about yourself and the park for the new people?"

A younger looking guy carrying a copy of Unwanteds and a lidded cup stares at Daniel for a moment before registering what he said and adds,
"R-Right, just like Dan said I'm Aaron. I've lived in Washington my whole life, particularly around this area. One could even say it's almost like I was born here in the park… Haha… I wasn't obviously that'd be weird."
As he walks over to stand with Daniel, you can't help but notice the fact he has a few leaves in his hair before he continues,
"Anyways, I like working night shifts around here and usually have a book on me to pass the time. I've got some siblings in the area that like to swing by and to them I have a rather weird nickname from them so uhh… If you see me responding to something like it's my name that's why. But umm… If you run into any trouble during the night just give me a shout and I'll be there faster than you think."
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
[center][font=Chalkduster][size=7]World Notes[/center] [font=papyrus][size=4]To explain things a little, things here are fairly similar to the real world only taking the 'all myths are real' approach to things. Sure there's a few made up locations but that's more or less to allow more creative freedom. Stafshall Park is somewhere along the border of Washington and Oregon and heavily wooded, as you'd expect. The National Parks Act is a two fold thing, as while the general public knows it as Theodore Roosevelt wanting to preserve the natural beauty of America, and in part it was originally created for that purpose. During the creation of this act however, someone secretly approached the president and proposed a deal. One that stated that the more monstrous and uncivilized creatures that hid from mankind would stay within the bounds of the parks for the most part, if in return a certain number of missing people would be overlooked when they happened in or around the parks. This was seen as a pretty agreeable deal since it helped the beasts stay more hidden from those that would hunt them down, and kept the threat some of them posed contained in a sense. Magic is a thing in this world, as listen, if I'm gonna say that wendigos and skinwalkers are real… Wouldn't it be rather disappointing if humans couldn't do anything cool? After all there are tales of us being capable of magic. ----- [center][font=Chalkduster][size=7]General Plot[/center] [font=papyrus][size=4] Something [i]strange[/i] has been happening in Stafshall Park, and it's not the usual sort of weird that they're used to. As whatever it is has got the creatures of the forest riled up and acting far more unpredictable than usual. And well… Either you're here to investigate the cause or are going to be caught up in whatever's happening as to the public everything looks just fine. ----- [center][font=Chalkduster][size=7]General Notes and Rules[/center] [font=papyrus][size=4] First off, I don't really care what you decide to play as, but for PC's I highly recommend being able to speak and not being a complete human-hating murder cryptid. After all, you'll probably have to work with human characters as part of the RP to some extent. Not saying you can't hate humans either, just ya'know be able to tolerate them for the sake of fun. The reason I recommend speech is to prevent you from getting frustrated in interactions and open up more options. But it's up to you in the end. Also, feel free to have different interpretations of the same creature, as trust me I'm going a weird route with one myself. Just say it's a different subspecies and call it a day. Almost all of the more monstrous and obviously not human creatures are gonna be either from the Parks or other remote areas, after all most of them hide from humans due to some being hunted for merely existing. Those that can take on a convincing human form however are granted quite a bit more freedom to mingle with humans. Really the one thing I will be a bit strict on is Park Rangers needing to be able to take on a convincing enough human form to avoid suspicion from the clueless no-mage population. That's right, you don't exactly have to be human to be a Ranger. My one big thing is that if you're gonna use more than one character, at least one of them has to be a human. If you're just gonna have one then do whatever you want. But any more and I ask that you throw in a human, mostly to balance things out. Said human can have whatever ability (within reason) I just care that they can be classed as a human. Another thing is that if you want to go the camper route at the start, I'm gonna ask that you haven't been in the Park for more than about a week. Annnnd just as a side note this is more or less a small group RP, not looking for anymore than 4-5ish players. Maybe a 6th if you can make a good argument. Anyways, onto the rules of the RP! [list] [*][font=papyrus][size=4]No Mary sues or godmoding, that ain’t cool and you know it. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Be kind to each other, and separate the character from the real person in the case of IC conflicts. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Be mentally mature here, as if I see any murder hobo behavior I will stomp that out. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]No backstage babies, we fade to black if we must at all in this house. I ain’t becoming some illicit auntie today m’kay? [*][font=papyrus][size=4]We welcome the rainbow here folks [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Any questions? Just ask, I usually don’t bite [*][font=papyrus][size=4]4-5 character per person limit, with the aforementioned stipulation [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Minimum age for characters is 17/18, ye gotta be able to pay taxes or just about anyways [*][font=papyrus][size=4]Please for the love of god be literate. I don't mean you need to write out 5 paragraph essays constantly and have perfect grammar. Just don't leave one liners and know the difference between their/there/they're and generally have good grammar and syntax. It breaks my damn brain to mentally correct your sentences constantly! [*][font=papyrus][size=4]More for your own sake, don't try to play a creature that has a very short or specific existence or visibly, for as fun as it sounds you will end up very limited in RP options. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]PLEASE don't just start in an area where there is literally no plot action or try to run from the plot. That path only ends in boredom and frustration. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you're gonna need to drop for any reason, just gimme a heads up so that we all aren't waiting on ya. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]That being said, if someone hasn't responded to you in over a week, I Lady free you from RP lock and say you can exit the interaction. [*][font=papyrus][size=4]If you read the rules, prove it to me by either stating a cryptid/weird occurrence 'fact' in the other section of the Character Sheet or adding onto the list of park rules. Either or. [/list] Wanna be added to a pinglist? Cool! Here it is, totally didn't forget that this was a thing I could do. [pinglist=18793] Here's a link to the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3312821#post_3312821]IC[/url]! ------ [center][font=Chalkduster][size=7]Character Sheet[/center] [b]Name:[/b] [b]Age:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b] (mostly just state if you're working as a Ranger or not… Gotta be at least 20ish for that for employment requirement reasons and all that. Otherwise fairly optional) [b]Height:[/b] [b]Appearance:[/b] (either written or art is fine) [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] [b]Magic/Abilities:[/b] [b]Gear:[/b] (just list anything notable your character carries around) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] [b]Backstory:[/b] (optional) [b]Other:[/b] [code][b]Name:[/b] [b]Age:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b] (mostly just state if you're working as a Ranger or not… Gotta be at least 20ish for that for employment requirement reasons and all that. Otherwise fairly optional) [b]Height:[/b] [b]Appearance:[/b] (either written or art is fine) [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] [b]Magic/Abilities:[/b] [b]Gear:[/b] (just list anything notable your character carries around) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] [b]Backstory:[/b] (optional) [b]Other:[/b][/code] ------ [center][font=Chalkduster][size=7]Character List[/center] Lady - Currently all on the first page, can't be asked to link those as what's the point? Absolutiones [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/3#post_56000740]Kumo Fujioka - 22 - Kitsune[/url] Numrdragon [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/3#post_56063779]Nameless - 40 (Kinda baby) - Dragon[/url][size=1][size=1]<-- Probably gets called 'Bingus' by several rangers and Aaron prolly calls them by various dragon names from his favorite book series[/size][/size] BeansGalore [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/6#post_56094407]Sennit Valentine - At this point we're afraid to ask - Shifter of some sort[/url] Potato [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/8#post_56099438]Benjamin Ignel - 33 - Werewolf[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/11#post_56104520]Larry - Been here as long as we can remember - Wendigo[/url] Raccoon [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/9#post_56100133]Crystal Hicks - 25 - Sasquatch/human[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/15#post_56140144]Derrick Moth - Praise the Shining One - Mothman[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3303747/18#post_56553664]General Azerheil Gheahauk - Unofficial Game Warden - Dahiak (Alien)[/url] (note that the title here is unofficial as nobody feels like going through the hassle of faking this man's ID as a human and tbh that's best equivalent to what he does)
World Notes

To explain things a little, things here are fairly similar to the real world only taking the 'all myths are real' approach to things. Sure there's a few made up locations but that's more or less to allow more creative freedom. Stafshall Park is somewhere along the border of Washington and Oregon and heavily wooded, as you'd expect.

The National Parks Act is a two fold thing, as while the general public knows it as Theodore Roosevelt wanting to preserve the natural beauty of America, and in part it was originally created for that purpose. During the creation of this act however, someone secretly approached the president and proposed a deal. One that stated that the more monstrous and uncivilized creatures that hid from mankind would stay within the bounds of the parks for the most part, if in return a certain number of missing people would be overlooked when they happened in or around the parks. This was seen as a pretty agreeable deal since it helped the beasts stay more hidden from those that would hunt them down, and kept the threat some of them posed contained in a sense.

Magic is a thing in this world, as listen, if I'm gonna say that wendigos and skinwalkers are real… Wouldn't it be rather disappointing if humans couldn't do anything cool? After all there are tales of us being capable of magic.

General Plot

Something strange has been happening in Stafshall Park, and it's not the usual sort of weird that they're used to. As whatever it is has got the creatures of the forest riled up and acting far more unpredictable than usual.
And well… Either you're here to investigate the cause or are going to be caught up in whatever's happening as to the public everything looks just fine.

General Notes and Rules

First off, I don't really care what you decide to play as, but for PC's I highly recommend being able to speak and not being a complete human-hating murder cryptid. After all, you'll probably have to work with human characters as part of the RP to some extent. Not saying you can't hate humans either, just ya'know be able to tolerate them for the sake of fun. The reason I recommend speech is to prevent you from getting frustrated in interactions and open up more options. But it's up to you in the end.
Also, feel free to have different interpretations of the same creature, as trust me I'm going a weird route with one myself. Just say it's a different subspecies and call it a day.

Almost all of the more monstrous and obviously not human creatures are gonna be either from the Parks or other remote areas, after all most of them hide from humans due to some being hunted for merely existing. Those that can take on a convincing human form however are granted quite a bit more freedom to mingle with humans.
Really the one thing I will be a bit strict on is Park Rangers needing to be able to take on a convincing enough human form to avoid suspicion from the clueless no-mage population. That's right, you don't exactly have to be human to be a Ranger.

My one big thing is that if you're gonna use more than one character, at least one of them has to be a human. If you're just gonna have one then do whatever you want. But any more and I ask that you throw in a human, mostly to balance things out. Said human can have whatever ability (within reason) I just care that they can be classed as a human.
Another thing is that if you want to go the camper route at the start, I'm gonna ask that you haven't been in the Park for more than about a week.

Annnnd just as a side note this is more or less a small group RP, not looking for anymore than 4-5ish players. Maybe a 6th if you can make a good argument. Anyways, onto the rules of the RP!

• No Mary sues or godmoding, that ain’t cool and you know it.
  • Be kind to each other, and separate the character from the real person in the case of IC conflicts.
  • Be mentally mature here, as if I see any murder hobo behavior I will stomp that out.
  • No backstage babies, we fade to black if we must at all in this house. I ain’t becoming some illicit auntie today m’kay?
  • We welcome the rainbow here folks
  • Any questions? Just ask, I usually don’t bite
  • 4-5 character per person limit, with the aforementioned stipulation
  • Minimum age for characters is 17/18, ye gotta be able to pay taxes or just about anyways
  • Please for the love of god be literate. I don't mean you need to write out 5 paragraph essays constantly and have perfect grammar. Just don't leave one liners and know the difference between their/there/they're and generally have good grammar and syntax. It breaks my damn brain to mentally correct your sentences constantly!
  • More for your own sake, don't try to play a creature that has a very short or specific existence or visibly, for as fun as it sounds you will end up very limited in RP options.
  • PLEASE don't just start in an area where there is literally no plot action or try to run from the plot. That path only ends in boredom and frustration.
  • If you're gonna need to drop for any reason, just gimme a heads up so that we all aren't waiting on ya.
  • That being said, if someone hasn't responded to you in over a week, I Lady free you from RP lock and say you can exit the interaction.
  • If you read the rules, prove it to me by either stating a cryptid/weird occurrence 'fact' in the other section of the Character Sheet or adding onto the list of park rules. Either or.

Wanna be added to a pinglist? Cool! Here it is, totally didn't forget that this was a thing I could do.

Here's a link to the IC!
Character Sheet

Name:
Species:
Occupation: (mostly just state if you're working as a Ranger or not… Gotta be at least 20ish for that for employment requirement reasons and all that. Otherwise fairly optional)

Height:
Appearance: (either written or art is fine)

Personality:

Likes/Dislikes:

Magic/Abilities:

Gear: (just list anything notable your character carries around)

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Backstory: (optional)

Other:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] [b]Age:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b] (mostly just state if you're working as a Ranger or not… Gotta be at least 20ish for that for employment requirement reasons and all that. Otherwise fairly optional) [b]Height:[/b] [b]Appearance:[/b] (either written or art is fine) [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] [b]Magic/Abilities:[/b] [b]Gear:[/b] (just list anything notable your character carries around) [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] [b]Backstory:[/b] (optional) [b]Other:[/b]

Character List

Lady - Currently all on the first page, can't be asked to link those as what's the point?

Absolutiones
Kumo Fujioka - 22 - Kitsune

Numrdragon
Nameless - 40 (Kinda baby) - Dragon<-- Probably gets called 'Bingus' by several rangers and Aaron prolly calls them by various dragon names from his favorite book series

BeansGalore
Sennit Valentine - At this point we're afraid to ask - Shifter of some sort

Potato
Benjamin Ignel - 33 - Werewolf
Larry - Been here as long as we can remember - Wendigo

Raccoon
Crystal Hicks - 25 - Sasquatch/human
Derrick Moth - Praise the Shining One - Mothman
General Azerheil Gheahauk - Unofficial Game Warden - Dahiak (Alien)
(note that the title here is unofficial as nobody feels like going through the hassle of faking this man's ID as a human and tbh that's best equivalent to what he does)
slXRG.gif

Name: Daniel Cameron
Nicknames: Dan, Danny, Arizona
Species: Human?

Height: 5'10
Appearance: Daniel's eyes are rather dark in color, almost unusually so. And every once in a while he seems to move in a slightly unnatural fashion for a moment. He also carries around several animal skins on his belt at all times, and it's admittedly a little unsettling. Other than that use the image provided as a reference. Yes his long black hair is kept in a braid, you just can't see it from this angle.
Link B/c Discord is being a b-tch

Personality: Dan here is a pretty friendly guy all things considered. He's surprisingly chatty and always willing to help out if you need it. He also takes quite a bit of pride in his work. Daniel also seems to be rather aware of how he sometimes unsettles people and usually will leave if he picks up on the fact you're being made rather uncomfortable.

You also can't help but feel like there's a darker side to him, but he keeps it well hidden and in check so well you'd believe him if he said he was far older than he says.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Talking about nature
+When people are respectful of Native traditions and beliefs
+Whistling
+Being helpful

-Hearing people absolutely butcher Native languages
-Just look at America's kinda dark history and take a guess
-When people take myths at face value
-Seriously don't touch/steal his animal skins. He hates it when you do that
-When it's ungodly temperatures outside

Magic/Abilities: Will deny having any, but he seems to have sharper senses than normal and there is something telling you that there's more to it than that.

Gear:
-Flashlight
-Map
-Non-perishable foods
-Water bottle
-Walkie-Talkie
-Fire starter
-Service Rifle
-Bear Mace

Strengths/Weaknesses: Would lead you to believe that he's just got all the standard ones of a normal human. However he will prove much harder than that to kill.

Backstory: Well, I kinda already stated what all I was going to say in the little bit of writing I did in another post. But yes, Dan is from Arizona and yes he is Navajo and knows a fair bit about the general mythology and some. Moved out of the state because there are no forests in Arizona and he wanted to escape the heat that state has. Seriously if you can bake cookies in your car it's too hot to exist there.

Other:
-Yes he can speak the language and has a more traditional name, no I'm not gonna use either since I don't wanna be disrespectful. That's why he's got such an aggressively normal sounding name, as he hates people mispronouncing crap
-Who do you think put down the rules regarding skinwalkers?
-Dan and Aaron are kinda PC's kinda NPC's and their sheets will be getting updated via RP and what you discover in it about them.

Name: Aaron Stowe (no this isn't his real name, relax)
Nicknames: Ron, Unwanted (context is important here)

Height: 6'3
Appearance: Aaron looks fairly normal at a glance, but you really can't help but notice how sharp his canines look when he talks or how his eyes sometimes shine like a cat's at the right angle. But his eyes typically look brown. He's got an eyebrow piercing over his left eye and a few piercings on his right ear. His hair is brown with a streak of red in it.
Discord WHY!?

Personality: Aaron here is a bit of a weirdo, as he's rather curious about things and seems to have very little social awareness. He will ask the weird questions and make people question if he is one or not. Aaron is also a big nerd that likes to read and will just nerd out if you initiate conversation with him about the books he likes.
He also seems a little emotionally stunted in some areas but just fine in others.

Likes/Dislikes:
+He loves fantasy novels, particularly the Unwanteds series
+Coffee or really anything with caffeine in it
+Night time
+Meat

-Bright lights
-Mornings
-Fire, pyrophobic even

Magic/Abilities: Every time he tells you that he has none you feel more convinced that he does, but you can't figure out what exactly they are.

Gear: Honestly pretty similar to what Dan has only lacking a weapon, flashlight, and fire starter. And carrying more jerky than other kinds of food.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Clearly he's scared of fire and can see quite well in the dark, but honestly he seems to have those of a standard human from the looks of it.

Backstory: Aaron pretty much grew up in the area and when he was about 7 went to live with his father just until he finished school. His parents aren't divorced or anything like that… It's a little more complex than that.

Other:
-If you know you know with his name, no this isn't his real name… He has a normal enough sounding one from his father but just didn't like it
-Aaron has several siblings, most of them are only half but whatever
-You will discover that he has a very weird birth name, as his siblings use it with him and he responds to it just fine
-Aaron and Daniel are actually friends
-He is a big proponent of rule 8, even if it existed before he was born
Name: Daniel Cameron
Nicknames: Dan, Danny, Arizona

Height: 5'10
Appearance: Daniel's eyes are rather dark in color, almost unusually so. And every once in a while he seems to move in a slightly unnatural fashion for a moment. He also carries around several animal skins on his belt at all times, and it's admittedly a little unsettling. Other than that use the image provided as a reference. Yes his long black hair is kept in a braid, you just can't see it from this angle.
Link B/c Discord is being a b-tch

Personality: Dan here is a pretty friendly guy all things considered. He's surprisingly chatty and always willing to help out if you need it. He also takes quite a bit of pride in his work. Daniel also seems to be rather aware of how he sometimes unsettles people and usually will leave if he picks up on the fact you're being made rather uncomfortable.

You also can't help but feel like there's a darker side to him, but he keeps it well hidden and in check so well you'd believe him if he said he was far older than he says.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Talking about nature
+When people are respectful of Native traditions and beliefs
+Whistling
+Being helpful

-Hearing people absolutely butcher Native languages
-Just look at America's kinda dark history and take a guess
-When people take myths at face value
-Seriously don't touch/steal his animal skins. He hates it when you do that
-When it's ungodly temperatures outside

Magic/Abilities: Will deny having any, but he seems to have sharper senses than normal and there is something telling you that there's more to it than that.

Gear:
-Flashlight
-Map
-Non-perishable foods
-Water bottle
-Walkie-Talkie
-Fire starter
-Service Rifle
-Bear Mace

Strengths/Weaknesses: Would lead you to believe that he's just got all the standard ones of a normal human. However he will prove much harder than that to kill.

Backstory: Well, I kinda already stated what all I was going to say in the little bit of writing I did in another post. But yes, Dan is from Arizona and yes he is Navajo and knows a fair bit about the general mythology and some. Moved out of the state because there are no forests in Arizona and he wanted to escape the heat that state has. Seriously if you can bake cookies in your car it's too hot to exist there.

Other:
-Yes he can speak the language and has a more traditional name, no I'm not gonna use either since I don't wanna be disrespectful. That's why he's got such an aggressively normal sounding name, as he hates people mispronouncing crap
-Who do you think put down the rules regarding skinwalkers?
-Dan and Aaron are kinda PC's kinda NPC's and their sheets will be getting updated via RP and what you discover in it about them.

Name: Aaron Stowe (no this isn't his real name, relax)
Nicknames: Ron, Unwanted (context is important here)

Height: 6'3
Appearance: Aaron looks fairly normal at a glance, but you really can't help but notice how sharp his canines look when he talks or how his eyes sometimes shine like a cat's at the right angle. But his eyes typically look brown. He's got an eyebrow piercing over his left eye and a few piercings on his right ear. His hair is brown with a streak of red in it.
Discord WHY!?

Personality: Aaron here is a bit of a weirdo, as he's rather curious about things and seems to have very little social awareness. He will ask the weird questions and make people question if he is one or not. Aaron is also a big nerd that likes to read and will just nerd out if you initiate conversation with him about the books he likes.
He also seems a little emotionally stunted in some areas but just fine in others.

Likes/Dislikes:
+He loves fantasy novels, particularly the Unwanteds series
+Coffee or really anything with caffeine in it
+Night time
+Meat

-Bright lights
-Mornings
-Fire, pyrophobic even

Magic/Abilities: Every time he tells you that he has none you feel more convinced that he does, but you can't figure out what exactly they are.

Gear: Honestly pretty similar to what Dan has only lacking a weapon, flashlight, and fire starter. And carrying more jerky than other kinds of food.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Clearly he's scared of fire and can see quite well in the dark, but honestly he seems to have those of a standard human from the looks of it.

Backstory: Aaron pretty much grew up in the area and when he was about 7 went to live with his father just until he finished school. His parents aren't divorced or anything like that… It's a little more complex than that.

Other:
-If you know you know with his name, no this isn't his real name… He has a normal enough sounding one from his father but just didn't like it
-Aaron has several siblings, most of them are only half but whatever
-You will discover that he has a very weird birth name, as his siblings use it with him and he responds to it just fine
-Aaron and Daniel are actually friends
-He is a big proponent of rule 8, even if it existed before he was born
slXRG.gif

@Absolutiones
Pinging you from the interest check
@Absolutiones
Pinging you from the interest check
slXRG.gif

Yesssss I am here
I have IDEAS.
I just need to sort them into a fashion that makes sense.
Yesssss I am here
I have IDEAS.
I just need to sort them into a fashion that makes sense.
Take all the time you need, as I know how jank it can be to write things down in a way that's understandable.
Take all the time you need, as I know how jank it can be to write things down in a way that's understandable.
slXRG.gif

Having trouble deciding between kitsune, tanuki, lamia, and centaur. Hmm.
Having trouble deciding between kitsune, tanuki, lamia, and centaur. Hmm.
Grab a d-4 and assign them to different numbers if that helps.
Grab a d-4 and assign them to different numbers if that helps.
slXRG.gif

Name: Ryan Garris
Gender: Male, Bi/Pan (the one that makes genders meaningless)
Species: Human
Occupation: "I make $22 an hour working for my Bio Professor, it's SO worth it."

Height: 6'0
Appearance: Ryan has this sort of hipster/outdoorsy way of dressing but isn't insufferable to be around. He also loves having tons of pockets. Ryan does wear boots since it's just practical for walking around in the woods.
Discord wants to eat the image so here's a link

Personality: Ryan is a fairly chill dude, but also not really surprised by much from the supernatural. He's seen his fair share of the weird and gorey thanks to his current employment. Ryan has that sort of stoner vibe without being an actual stoner (most of the time). He's fairly alert and observant of his surroundings.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Photography/Cinematography (into both)
+Nature
+The idea of most mythical creatures (as in stay over there Mr. Wendigo)
+Beanies, seriously bro is always wearing one
+Hiking

-Being forced to violence
-When people get freaked out by his memory
-People touching his recording equipment, you break it you buy him a replacement
-Scammers (but will have the time of his life exposing you)

Magic/Abilities:
Mutually Assured Death: Ryan only has one truly magical ability but it's quite the power. Basically if anything tries to kill him and manages to succeed an explosive burst of raw magic will exit his body and essentially explode whatever killed him. Be it a normal a-s human or an eldritch horror. None are immune to this aside from like actual legit gods. This can have some splash as the sheer force of it is similar to a powerful bomb, so do keep that in mind as collateral is possible and he might not be able to apologise for it for several reasons, be it death or memory issues.
Okay he can be saved in some cases such as being turned by a vampiric or smth… As listen I came up with this concept and liked him too much to kill him off. But it has more to do with the timing of his magic being just before he dies than any favoritism.

Also, he's got a photographic memory. Nothing magical about it.

Gear: Carries most of his crap around in a backpack
-Standard camping gear
-Steel water bottle that can hang from his belt
-All kinds of recording equipment, including tripods and camera stands
-Body cams (just specifying further)
-Flashlight

Enchanted Revolver: It's a gift from Scar, and gotta say that this thing is actually quite old. Part of the enchantment on it is to last, but the more important one is that it's been enchanted to accept anything as a 'bullet' that isn't a liquid so long as you put it in the chamber and spin in around a few times. It'll then become a bullet made of that material that fires perfectly fine. Ryan's admittedly VERY afraid to use it as only a few months ago he was barely able to fire a derringer.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+Great memory
+Kinda knows how to work with non-humans
+Listen, bro is very much a friend

=you kill him, both y'all dying

-He's a normal human in every way, just with some death magic
-Ryan sucks at using guns all things considered
-Ya'boi is not intimidating in the slightest

Backstory: Ryan has had a fairly normal life all things considered. Sure he swears up and down he saw something unusual when he was 14 but keeps it between friends for the most part. He's been doing odd jobs for his biology professor for a few months as Stern pays pretty well for it and is offering up a nice scholarship for it since the old man is well connected in the college.
Ryan takes some bio for his minor, but his major is in cinematography.

Other:
-Alright, time to get an education. The 'Ozark Howler' from that area of Missouri is actually just normal wolves. Not from when they were native to the area back before this was like a state either, nope. They come from that window of time it was cool to have a half-wolf since you kinda need a wolf to breed one. However when it became illegal to breed them, some people just let those captive wolves go since it's both illegal and not worth the trouble.

-Ryan has no idea he's even magical in the first place, and well… His ablitiy is one you really only find out in one way. If you are courious about all the little details just ask and I'll suddenly become a nerd.

-Please, don't make me pull out his death early… I have plans here

-If/when he gets turned, killing him again won't really have the same explosive effect… It's not gone just needs a few years to build up power once more if ya feel me
Name: Ryan Garris
Gender: Male, Bi/Pan (the one that makes genders meaningless)
Species: Human
Occupation: "I make $22 an hour working for my Bio Professor, it's SO worth it."

Height: 6'0
Appearance: Ryan has this sort of hipster/outdoorsy way of dressing but isn't insufferable to be around. He also loves having tons of pockets. Ryan does wear boots since it's just practical for walking around in the woods.
Discord wants to eat the image so here's a link

Personality: Ryan is a fairly chill dude, but also not really surprised by much from the supernatural. He's seen his fair share of the weird and gorey thanks to his current employment. Ryan has that sort of stoner vibe without being an actual stoner (most of the time). He's fairly alert and observant of his surroundings.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Photography/Cinematography (into both)
+Nature
+The idea of most mythical creatures (as in stay over there Mr. Wendigo)
+Beanies, seriously bro is always wearing one
+Hiking

-Being forced to violence
-When people get freaked out by his memory
-People touching his recording equipment, you break it you buy him a replacement
-Scammers (but will have the time of his life exposing you)

Magic/Abilities:
Mutually Assured Death: Ryan only has one truly magical ability but it's quite the power. Basically if anything tries to kill him and manages to succeed an explosive burst of raw magic will exit his body and essentially explode whatever killed him. Be it a normal a-s human or an eldritch horror. None are immune to this aside from like actual legit gods. This can have some splash as the sheer force of it is similar to a powerful bomb, so do keep that in mind as collateral is possible and he might not be able to apologise for it for several reasons, be it death or memory issues.
Okay he can be saved in some cases such as being turned by a vampiric or smth… As listen I came up with this concept and liked him too much to kill him off. But it has more to do with the timing of his magic being just before he dies than any favoritism.

Also, he's got a photographic memory. Nothing magical about it.

Gear: Carries most of his crap around in a backpack
-Standard camping gear
-Steel water bottle that can hang from his belt
-All kinds of recording equipment, including tripods and camera stands
-Body cams (just specifying further)
-Flashlight

Enchanted Revolver: It's a gift from Scar, and gotta say that this thing is actually quite old. Part of the enchantment on it is to last, but the more important one is that it's been enchanted to accept anything as a 'bullet' that isn't a liquid so long as you put it in the chamber and spin in around a few times. It'll then become a bullet made of that material that fires perfectly fine. Ryan's admittedly VERY afraid to use it as only a few months ago he was barely able to fire a derringer.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+Great memory
+Kinda knows how to work with non-humans
+Listen, bro is very much a friend

=you kill him, both y'all dying

-He's a normal human in every way, just with some death magic
-Ryan sucks at using guns all things considered
-Ya'boi is not intimidating in the slightest

Backstory: Ryan has had a fairly normal life all things considered. Sure he swears up and down he saw something unusual when he was 14 but keeps it between friends for the most part. He's been doing odd jobs for his biology professor for a few months as Stern pays pretty well for it and is offering up a nice scholarship for it since the old man is well connected in the college.
Ryan takes some bio for his minor, but his major is in cinematography.

Other:
-Alright, time to get an education. The 'Ozark Howler' from that area of Missouri is actually just normal wolves. Not from when they were native to the area back before this was like a state either, nope. They come from that window of time it was cool to have a half-wolf since you kinda need a wolf to breed one. However when it became illegal to breed them, some people just let those captive wolves go since it's both illegal and not worth the trouble.

-Ryan has no idea he's even magical in the first place, and well… His ablitiy is one you really only find out in one way. If you are courious about all the little details just ask and I'll suddenly become a nerd.

-Please, don't make me pull out his death early… I have plans here

-If/when he gets turned, killing him again won't really have the same explosive effect… It's not gone just needs a few years to build up power once more if ya feel me
slXRG.gif

[b]Name:[/b] Scarificator Sternocleidomastoid [b]Nicknames:[/b] Scar, Stern [b]Age:[/b] 317 [b]Gender:[/b] Male, dedicated Asexual. You are welcome to try as the results aren't all that disappointing. [b]Species:[/b] Blood Wyvern [b]Occupation:[/b] College Professor [b]Height:[/b] 6'8 [b]Appearance:[/b] Human As a human Scar is actually fairly tall, and sometimes shows slight imperfections, usually in his eye color being red instead of green or brown. Though sometimes his teeth look a bit off or he's got a small patch of scales visible though the latter is rather rare in areas that are visible. (god this drawing is old but I have to admit that it is good) [url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/1050533057943310349/Untitled153_20220413172242.png?ex=65ea39a6&is=65d7c4a6&hm=dc348acd269de517edee2003178927364ce1537b4ffdcb3bee5a51e64b8f4649&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=686&height=1056]Discord is being a butt and eating images [/url] Wyvern He's 22ft long and has a more messy stripe pattern and a few distinctive looking ones. (have this more recent piece, shows all the markings pretty well) [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/ae971d7417ef491659a8b632f3c77c03/3e8b3030a08863c8-7f/s2048x3072/c130d0d82ddef21322b793267e2c54b080cc2380.jpg[/img] [b]Personality:[/b] Scarificator is a really odd person, he’s overly curious about things people do and has all the subtlety of a bullhorn when asking why you did a seemingly normal thing… He’s not mean or anything about it, as he’s just genuinely curious about why humans do certain things he doesn't. Scar is if anything a really fun person to talk to as you can tell that he’s intelligent and more than happy to nerd out about something with you… It’s why he became a college biology/medical professor in the first place. You can also tell that Scarificator wants to help people and would much rather forget about some of the less than great things he did when he was younger, and just starting out on the process of becoming more civilized. There is definitely a more animalistic part of Scarificator’s personality along with a much less than savory part that he used to show more of before he got good at repressing it… Now it just shows as a really dark sense of humor that is slightly concerning but doesn't cause any harm. [b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b] +Teaching +When people ask about his name +Spewing forth cursed facts +Botany (finds it relaxing) +Science and medicine in general +Weirding people out +Darker rooms/night time +Collecting old medical equipment +Meat/Blood, preferably fresh +Caffeinated drinks +Modern technology +Trying new things +Memes =Talking about his past, depends on the subject -Killing -High temperatures -Fire -Bright lights -People commenting on his bodily imperfections rudely -Specifically being awake between 8-10 am, most of his classes were in the afternoon and evening for a reason… -Seeing humans die of old age -Putting rubber gloves on in front of other people -When people think he’s mocking them, whe he’s not -Middle schoolers, as they are the worst people ever [b]Magic/Abilities:[/b] [b]Blood Wyvern:[/b] Scar here has the usual abilities of his species, Vampiric Regeneration, wall crawling, agility, gliding, frigid fire, night vision n’ all that good stuff. He’s also able to turn others by giving his blood with the intent to turn you, whether it’s applied to a wound or ingested doesn't matter. Since it’s going to be more prevalent with Scarificator, he can kinda mimic the voices of other people, but not perfectly since Blood Wyvern’s voices have a slight raspy quality to them (a vocal cord thing) but other than that they have rather clear and easy to understand speaking voices… This mimicry often happens unintentionally while talking to other people. [b]Vampiric Regeneration:[/b] Scar’s regeneration is always active, even if just healing off dead cells. But, the act of regenerating causes him to get hungry/thirsty (in proportion to the wound) and that would be fine and all, but it's blood that he needs to facilitate proper regen. The reasoning is that to heal at the rate he does, his metabolism speeds up to meet the demands of his regeneration. The kind of blood consumed doesn’t matter, as it would be a pain for him if he was blood type locked. [b]Bite of Pain or Pleasure:[/b] Scarificator inherited this trait from one or both of his parents, as occasionally Blood Wyverns have some sort of effect tied to their bite that can be beneficial… Though never is it anything truly toxic. In Scar’s case it’s more observable when he’s in a more human form but it is present regardless of form. Scar can choose to have more than just the vaguely painless bite that is the species norm (as in, yes it hurts, but if you don’t struggle it’s really not that bad and feels more weird than painful.) He can release a venom from his fangs that contains a strong euphoriant, comparable to some harder drugs if they were to be given in bare minimum doses. While useful for hiding the true nature of what is occurring to an unaware victim, this can become somewhat addictive to the victim due to the nature of the function. Thus meaning it could become a rather deadly addiction or create a very awkward situation. In theory yes you can get a bit of this venom from Scar’s fangs… But you’re gonna be there all day to get anything worth collecting as he may have a large reserve, but the amount he gives off is very small and often stops for a bit… As it truly is the bare minimum dosage needed to keep the effect up. Scarificator’s secondary venom is quite the polar opposite of the other, as he can choose to instead inject a venom that simulates fear and pain. It’s as horrible as it sounds as the chemical responsible for the pain portion is similar to that of a bullet ant’s sting, so it hurts and the fear aspect is also quite strong, often invoking the fight or flight response in victims. It’s hard to pin down a good reason to use this venom, but then again it makes for quite the intimidating display when used and most definitely sends a powerful message should the victim survive. Scar typically only uses this on people that really p-ssed him off as a more forceful warning of sorts, or to deny them a more painless death. Of course, this venom is the easier of the two for Scar to essentially milk himself for, as it comes out in larger doses and a bit more readily. It is worth noting that Scar’s venom works exactly like snake venom, just not directly deadly. Meaning it is protein based (non-toxic when ingested) and is meant to spread via the bloodstream. As I stated, it can be milked from his fangs. Do also keep in mind that unlike snakes, Scarificator has to make the willful choice to use his venom so not every bite will contain it. He cannot spit the venom, if anything needs to simulate the act of biting into something to release it… And the effects of either venom at most last for about 30 mins give or take but depending on the amount of venom he got you with it is very possible to only experience the effect for a few minutes. All of his other abilities are learned forms of magic for the record [b]Shapeshifting:[/b] Scarificator learned how to use a spell that allowed him to take a human form, and while in theory he could use it to take other forms or change his appearance any time… He likes his current appearance quite a bit and the idea of becoming other species isn’t all that interesting to him. Do note that his human form has some imperfections that aren’t obvious at a glance but if you look hard enough you’ll find them. [b]Plant growth:[/b] He learned to use a bit of plant based magic over the years, mostly when herbal remedies were more commonly used in medicine. Scarificator can control them a bit, but no more than getting a tree branch to bend low enough to hit you or getting a plant to trip you up… His magic is more centered on helping plants to grow faster. [b]Enchanting:[/b] Mostly learned from observation, Scar can do minor enchantments on small objects, with the power of the enchantment being more based on the process used to make the enchantment in the first place. As doing a simple quick one on a knife for sharpness isn’t gonna be as strong as one he did a whole ritual for you know? He is incapable of adding an elemental attribute to an object, so no getting a fire sword from Scar. But he can improve on existing attributes of an object, enhance existing elemental properties, and put simple effects on things. Such as enchanting an object to glow on command or to 'coincidentally' always come back to one person, stuff like that. Worth noting that a weaker enchantment doesn't always mean a weaker effect, as sometimes it could also be that the enchantment is temporary and will wear off after X amount of time/uses. [b]Glamour:[/b] Scarificator can do some minor Glamour type spells, mostly in the vein of making things look just slightly different or minor illusions. Honestly he mostly used them to get out of trouble in the past, or in more present times to mask a slip up or enhance a lesson. Scar is incapable of perceiving self-applied glamours under normal circumstances, this could prove slightly detrimental given that he can't tell if it actually worked or not. This can be circumvented by the use of an enchanted mirror, but it's not a perfect solution given that you can't always look in a mirror. Non-self applied ones (i.e done on something/one not himself) are perfectly visible to him. Scar can do some simple general forms of magic as well, and is probably more well versed on them than most due to curiosity but it’s nothing to write home about. [b]Gear:[/b] -The normal sort of stuff you'd expect -Shotgun, has some durability enchantments on it -Bro has a full on hospital grade first aid kit and some [b]Strengths/Weaknesses:[/b] +Can see well in the dark +Is a walking encyclopedia of medical and biology facts +Knows a concerning amount about how to both save and kill someone +He is well acclimated to modern society and technology despite his age +Resistant to ice/the cold +Good at using his learned magic in a variety of ways -Fire, horribly so. Scar is pyrophobic due to this -Bright lights can make it hard for him to see and cause headaches over time, has a bit of photophobia regardless of form -Pretty much always hungry to an extent -The imperfections of his human form -Scarificator has a bit of trouble understanding certain human emotions, such as grief or sadness and doesn't really know how to express them… even after all this time -The fact that he still feels super guilty about what he did to his mentor -He can't see glamours he put on himself unless he uses a mirror enchanted for such a reason (has one, but dun mean it's always convenient to pull out and use) [b]Backstory:[/b] Screw it, and this is the 'short' version Scarificator’s early life was pretty normal for his kind, being a more wild and intelligent predator… Learning human speech from preying on them. What got his curiosity towards humans started was an incident when he was 15-16 where he was originally going to eat a pair of humans he found near a woodland path, drawn in by the scent of blood from a wound. Only to see the other person tie a cloth around the injury. So instead of attacking the humans, Scar came out and in a rather blunt fashion (due to having limited vocabulary) started to ask questions about why someone would wrap a wound and why you’d help a ‘hopeless’ case. He got a few answers and had to ask what a few things meant before instead of eating the pair he tore off the tourniquet and licked the wound to encourage it to heal and left the humans alone for the rest of the night. This started a year or two long quest for Scarificator to try and not only expand his vocabulary of human words, but to also figure out how to look more like one to learn more about them… And secretly have easier access to prey. It was a terrifying time to be a traveler in his locale as he’d randomly roll up on people and start talking, sometimes eating them, usually for not responding. When Scar was about 17, he finally got the ear of a mage that was willing to teach him how to do a minor shapeshifting spell and a few glamours along with it. With this knowledge and a much wider vocabulary he ran off to the nearest human settlement and approached the local healer… This is also how he got his name, as he was incredibly curious about each tool, but one in particular had quite a bit of his attention due to the smell of blood that clung to it. Scar asked what it was called and decided he liked the object and the word thus named himself for it, [b]Scarificator[/b] sure the healer thought he was weird as all hell but accepted it since it seemed pretty harmless. Scarificator proceeded to learn more about medicine from the healer while also doing a few underhanded things, mostly in the form of being slightly too thrilled about bloodletting and overusing it a bit, but due to the time it wasn’t really noticed. During this time Scar learned a bit of nature magic, in the form of plant growth, to help with the creation of more herbal remedies. For a few years he did fine as the healer’s assistant, but it started to become abundantly clear that Scarificator was going to outlive his ‘mentor’ and he was a little freaked out when he saw the sort of pain and suffering an 80 year old human had… And from his perspective Scar thought he was doing the old man an act of kindness when he drained him during the night, as it seemed more humane to end the suffering quicker. This however left him feeling more guilty and horrible than like he’d done anybody a favor… Yet Scarificator’s mind didn’t really know how to process grief properly due to it not really being a thing his species did yet being aware of human emotions at the same time. This caused him to within hours of committing a murder for the first time in a few years, proceed to do an autopsy on the body to try and figure out why his former human friend had been in pain… Only to find nothing that was easily identifiable as the cause for pain since Scar didn’t know about things like arthritis or joint pains due to the time period and not being able to experience such things himself. Within the same day, Scarificator was forced to flee from the town as he was caught trying to bury the body. The only thing he took with him was the scarificator that inspired his name, more as a keepsake really For quite a while Scar bounced between towns, usually being a more questionable doctor at worst and a decent one at best, as he was trying to improve and learn more, he even took up biology to try and understand humans a bit better, to prevent another tragic misunderstanding from happening again. Scarificator started picking up on random bits of magic here and there, doing a little in his spare time, when he wasn’t lurking around colleges to stealthily listen to lessons or seeing if he could just act like he went there to get in for free… As he couldn’t afford the pay… Or trying to help the sick and injured the best he could. One of the more notable things for this span of time is that Scarificator helped out during both the world wars (Allies) and even helped with the Spanish flu outbreak that happened between them, and saw some sh-t man… As the wars confused him at first, then scared him with how horrible humans could be to each other, Scar was only a medic both times and had to kill just to protect others. Not long after the the wars died down, Scar moved to america and due to becoming more ‘professional’ due to being enlisted in two wars and helping during a pandemic, had the funds to pay for a college education that was more or less just him paying to get a diploma in things he mostly knew already, but he did use it to become a biology teacher and eventually teach medicine as well. Scarificator started out teaching middle school science and worked his way up to being a college professor over the course of a few years and becoming one of the oldest professors there, due to the fact that at this point, nobody is really certain how long he has been there and they’re afraid to ask at this point. He’s pretty well liked among those who have had him as a teacher, be it a biology subject or a medical one, as he has tons of weird stories and is more than willing to do something just out of pure curiosity. [b]Other:[/b] -Yes he is Ryan's current employer, no there is nothing weird going on other than he wanted a cameraman for some things and sh-t got wild from there. Both parties are in agreement about how things are working. -If you ask him about the first world war he will give you a full on dissertation on who is really at fault and how he could have theoretically prevented it. -The fact store ran out of facts -Scar is capable of turning others, yes, but he's not the sort to just do it because you asked. No he's really only inclined to do it as a last resort to save your life. -This name is what happens when someone is allowed to name themselves as an adult and is a nerd -Scar is the guy who would experimentally eat almost anything if you told him it was edible… And not much is fully forbidden since he can produce pellets -His first human words were “Oh god!” -Nursing homes seriously freak him out, he is terrified of them -It’s unknown if he uses memes and slang out of context as he legitimately doesn't know or if it’s an elaborate joke -If you ever hear him scream ‘For Science!’ just know that shenanigans are about to ensue -Scarificator offered 5pts of extra credit to anyone who could pronounce his name correctly, first or last, 10 if you could pronounce the whole thing -He was known for letting students do all kinds of experiments, just as long as fire wasn’t all that involved with it -Still has the scarificator from like 300 years ago, carries it around in his pocket -If you must know, Scar would trade any trivial thing (this includes possible DNA samples from himself) for the low cost of [b]five french fries[/b] do with this info as you will -If you have parental issues and come to him about it... Scarificator has a very [i]unique[/i] response for you -Don't be scared by the long a-s sheet. The man is just very detailed, that's all.
Name: Scarificator Sternocleidomastoid
Nicknames: Scar, Stern
Gender: Male, dedicated Asexual. You are welcome to try as the results aren't all that disappointing.
Species: Blood Wyvern

Height: 6'8
Appearance:
Human
As a human Scar is actually fairly tall, and sometimes shows slight imperfections, usually in his eye color being red instead of green or brown. Though sometimes his teeth look a bit off or he's got a small patch of scales visible though the latter is rather rare in areas that are visible. (god this drawing is old but I have to admit that it is good)
Discord is being a butt and eating images

Wyvern
He's 22ft long and has a more messy stripe pattern and a few distinctive looking ones. (have this more recent piece, shows all the markings pretty well)
c130d0d82ddef21322b793267e2c54b080cc2380.jpg

Personality: Scarificator is a really odd person, he’s overly curious about things people do and has all the subtlety of a bullhorn when asking why you did a seemingly normal thing… He’s not mean or anything about it, as he’s just genuinely curious about why humans do certain things he doesn't. Scar is if anything a really fun person to talk to as you can tell that he’s intelligent and more than happy to nerd out about something with you… It’s why he became a college biology/medical professor in the first place.
You can also tell that Scarificator wants to help people and would much rather forget about some of the less than great things he did when he was younger, and just starting out on the process of becoming more civilized.

There is definitely a more animalistic part of Scarificator’s personality along with a much less than savory part that he used to show more of before he got good at repressing it… Now it just shows as a really dark sense of humor that is slightly concerning but doesn't cause any harm.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Teaching
+When people ask about his name
+Spewing forth cursed facts
+Botany (finds it relaxing)
+Science and medicine in general
+Weirding people out
+Darker rooms/night time
+Collecting old medical equipment
+Meat/Blood, preferably fresh
+Caffeinated drinks
+Modern technology
+Trying new things
+Memes

=Talking about his past, depends on the subject

-Killing
-High temperatures
-Fire
-Bright lights
-People commenting on his bodily imperfections rudely
-Specifically being awake between 8-10 am, most of his classes were in the afternoon and evening for a reason…
-Seeing humans die of old age
-Putting rubber gloves on in front of other people
-When people think he’s mocking them, whe he’s not
-Middle schoolers, as they are the worst people ever

Magic/Abilities:
Blood Wyvern: Scar here has the usual abilities of his species, Vampiric Regeneration, wall crawling, agility, gliding, frigid fire, night vision n’ all that good stuff. He’s also able to turn others by giving his blood with the intent to turn you, whether it’s applied to a wound or ingested doesn't matter. Since it’s going to be more prevalent with Scarificator, he can kinda mimic the voices of other people, but not perfectly since Blood Wyvern’s voices have a slight raspy quality to them (a vocal cord thing) but other than that they have rather clear and easy to understand speaking voices… This mimicry often happens unintentionally while talking to other people.

Vampiric Regeneration: Scar’s regeneration is always active, even if just healing off dead cells. But, the act of regenerating causes him to get hungry/thirsty (in proportion to the wound) and that would be fine and all, but it's blood that he needs to facilitate proper regen. The reasoning is that to heal at the rate he does, his metabolism speeds up to meet the demands of his regeneration. The kind of blood consumed doesn’t matter, as it would be a pain for him if he was blood type locked.

Bite of Pain or Pleasure: Scarificator inherited this trait from one or both of his parents, as occasionally Blood Wyverns have some sort of effect tied to their bite that can be beneficial… Though never is it anything truly toxic. In Scar’s case it’s more observable when he’s in a more human form but it is present regardless of form.
Scar can choose to have more than just the vaguely painless bite that is the species norm (as in, yes it hurts, but if you don’t struggle it’s really not that bad and feels more weird than painful.) He can release a venom from his fangs that contains a strong euphoriant, comparable to some harder drugs if they were to be given in bare minimum doses. While useful for hiding the true nature of what is occurring to an unaware victim, this can become somewhat addictive to the victim due to the nature of the function. Thus meaning it could become a rather deadly addiction or create a very awkward situation. In theory yes you can get a bit of this venom from Scar’s fangs… But you’re gonna be there all day to get anything worth collecting as he may have a large reserve, but the amount he gives off is very small and often stops for a bit… As it truly is the bare minimum dosage needed to keep the effect up.
Scarificator’s secondary venom is quite the polar opposite of the other, as he can choose to instead inject a venom that simulates fear and pain. It’s as horrible as it sounds as the chemical responsible for the pain portion is similar to that of a bullet ant’s sting, so it hurts and the fear aspect is also quite strong, often invoking the fight or flight response in victims. It’s hard to pin down a good reason to use this venom, but then again it makes for quite the intimidating display when used and most definitely sends a powerful message should the victim survive. Scar typically only uses this on people that really p-ssed him off as a more forceful warning of sorts, or to deny them a more painless death. Of course, this venom is the easier of the two for Scar to essentially milk himself for, as it comes out in larger doses and a bit more readily.
It is worth noting that Scar’s venom works exactly like snake venom, just not directly deadly. Meaning it is protein based (non-toxic when ingested) and is meant to spread via the bloodstream. As I stated, it can be milked from his fangs. Do also keep in mind that unlike snakes, Scarificator has to make the willful choice to use his venom so not every bite will contain it. He cannot spit the venom, if anything needs to simulate the act of biting into something to release it… And the effects of either venom at most last for about 30 mins give or take but depending on the amount of venom he got you with it is very possible to only experience the effect for a few minutes.

All of his other abilities are learned forms of magic for the record

Shapeshifting: Scarificator learned how to use a spell that allowed him to take a human form, and while in theory he could use it to take other forms or change his appearance any time… He likes his current appearance quite a bit and the idea of becoming other species isn’t all that interesting to him. Do note that his human form has some imperfections that aren’t obvious at a glance but if you look hard enough you’ll find them.

Plant growth: He learned to use a bit of plant based magic over the years, mostly when herbal remedies were more commonly used in medicine. Scarificator can control them a bit, but no more than getting a tree branch to bend low enough to hit you or getting a plant to trip you up… His magic is more centered on helping plants to grow faster.

Enchanting: Mostly learned from observation, Scar can do minor enchantments on small objects, with the power of the enchantment being more based on the process used to make the enchantment in the first place. As doing a simple quick one on a knife for sharpness isn’t gonna be as strong as one he did a whole ritual for you know? He is incapable of adding an elemental attribute to an object, so no getting a fire sword from Scar. But he can improve on existing attributes of an object, enhance existing elemental properties, and put simple effects on things. Such as enchanting an object to glow on command or to 'coincidentally' always come back to one person, stuff like that. Worth noting that a weaker enchantment doesn't always mean a weaker effect, as sometimes it could also be that the enchantment is temporary and will wear off after X amount of time/uses.

Glamour: Scarificator can do some minor Glamour type spells, mostly in the vein of making things look just slightly different or minor illusions. Honestly he mostly used them to get out of trouble in the past, or in more present times to mask a slip up or enhance a lesson. Scar is incapable of perceiving self-applied glamours under normal circumstances, this could prove slightly detrimental given that he can't tell if it actually worked or not. This can be circumvented by the use of an enchanted mirror, but it's not a perfect solution given that you can't always look in a mirror. Non-self applied ones (i.e done on something/one not himself) are perfectly visible to him.

Scar can do some simple general forms of magic as well, and is probably more well versed on them than most due to curiosity but it’s nothing to write home about.

Gear:
-The normal sort of stuff you'd expect
-Shotgun, has some durability enchantments on it
-Bro has a full on hospital grade first aid kit and some

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+Can see well in the dark
+Is a walking encyclopedia of medical and biology facts
+Knows a concerning amount about how to both save and kill someone
+He is well acclimated to modern society and technology despite his age
+Resistant to ice/the cold
+Good at using his learned magic in a variety of ways

-Fire, horribly so. Scar is pyrophobic due to this
-Bright lights can make it hard for him to see and cause headaches over time, has a bit of photophobia regardless of form
-Pretty much always hungry to an extent
-The imperfections of his human form
-Scarificator has a bit of trouble understanding certain human emotions, such as grief or sadness and doesn't really know how to express them… even after all this time
-The fact that he still feels super guilty about what he did to his mentor
-He can't see glamours he put on himself unless he uses a mirror enchanted for such a reason (has one, but dun mean it's always convenient to pull out and use)

Backstory: Screw it, and this is the 'short' version
Scarificator’s early life was pretty normal for his kind, being a more wild and intelligent predator… Learning human speech from preying on them. What got his curiosity towards humans started was an incident when he was 15-16 where he was originally going to eat a pair of humans he found near a woodland path, drawn in by the scent of blood from a wound. Only to see the other person tie a cloth around the injury. So instead of attacking the humans, Scar came out and in a rather blunt fashion (due to having limited vocabulary) started to ask questions about why someone would wrap a wound and why you’d help a ‘hopeless’ case. He got a few answers and had to ask what a few things meant before instead of eating the pair he tore off the tourniquet and licked the wound to encourage it to heal and left the humans alone for the rest of the night. This started a year or two long quest for Scarificator to try and not only expand his vocabulary of human words, but to also figure out how to look more like one to learn more about them… And secretly have easier access to prey. It was a terrifying time to be a traveler in his locale as he’d randomly roll up on people and start talking, sometimes eating them, usually for not responding.
When Scar was about 17, he finally got the ear of a mage that was willing to teach him how to do a minor shapeshifting spell and a few glamours along with it. With this knowledge and a much wider vocabulary he ran off to the nearest human settlement and approached the local healer… This is also how he got his name, as he was incredibly curious about each tool, but one in particular had quite a bit of his attention due to the smell of blood that clung to it. Scar asked what it was called and decided he liked the object and the word thus named himself for it, Scarificator sure the healer thought he was weird as all hell but accepted it since it seemed pretty harmless. Scarificator proceeded to learn more about medicine from the healer while also doing a few underhanded things, mostly in the form of being slightly too thrilled about bloodletting and overusing it a bit, but due to the time it wasn’t really noticed. During this time Scar learned a bit of nature magic, in the form of plant growth, to help with the creation of more herbal remedies. For a few years he did fine as the healer’s assistant, but it started to become abundantly clear that Scarificator was going to outlive his ‘mentor’ and he was a little freaked out when he saw the sort of pain and suffering an 80 year old human had… And from his perspective Scar thought he was doing the old man an act of kindness when he drained him during the night, as it seemed more humane to end the suffering quicker. This however left him feeling more guilty and horrible than like he’d done anybody a favor… Yet Scarificator’s mind didn’t really know how to process grief properly due to it not really being a thing his species did yet being aware of human emotions at the same time. This caused him to within hours of committing a murder for the first time in a few years, proceed to do an autopsy on the body to try and figure out why his former human friend had been in pain… Only to find nothing that was easily identifiable as the cause for pain since Scar didn’t know about things like arthritis or joint pains due to the time period and not being able to experience such things himself. Within the same day, Scarificator was forced to flee from the town as he was caught trying to bury the body. The only thing he took with him was the scarificator that inspired his name, more as a keepsake really
For quite a while Scar bounced between towns, usually being a more questionable doctor at worst and a decent one at best, as he was trying to improve and learn more, he even took up biology to try and understand humans a bit better, to prevent another tragic misunderstanding from happening again. Scarificator started picking up on random bits of magic here and there, doing a little in his spare time, when he wasn’t lurking around colleges to stealthily listen to lessons or seeing if he could just act like he went there to get in for free… As he couldn’t afford the pay… Or trying to help the sick and injured the best he could. One of the more notable things for this span of time is that Scarificator helped out during both the world wars (Allies) and even helped with the Spanish flu outbreak that happened between them, and saw some sh-t man… As the wars confused him at first, then scared him with how horrible humans could be to each other, Scar was only a medic both times and had to kill just to protect others.
Not long after the the wars died down, Scar moved to america and due to becoming more ‘professional’ due to being enlisted in two wars and helping during a pandemic, had the funds to pay for a college education that was more or less just him paying to get a diploma in things he mostly knew already, but he did use it to become a biology teacher and eventually teach medicine as well. Scarificator started out teaching middle school science and worked his way up to being a college professor over the course of a few years and becoming one of the oldest professors there, due to the fact that at this point, nobody is really certain how long he has been there and they’re afraid to ask at this point. He’s pretty well liked among those who have had him as a teacher, be it a biology subject or a medical one, as he has tons of weird stories and is more than willing to do something just out of pure curiosity.

Other:
-Yes he is Ryan's current employer, no there is nothing weird going on other than he wanted a cameraman for some things and sh-t got wild from there. Both parties are in agreement about how things are working.

-If you ask him about the first world war he will give you a full on dissertation on who is really at fault and how he could have theoretically prevented it.

-The fact store ran out of facts

-Scar is capable of turning others, yes, but he's not the sort to just do it because you asked. No he's really only inclined to do it as a last resort to save your life.

-This name is what happens when someone is allowed to name themselves as an adult and is a nerd

-Scar is the guy who would experimentally eat almost anything if you told him it was edible… And not much is fully forbidden since he can produce pellets

-His first human words were “Oh god!”

-Nursing homes seriously freak him out, he is terrified of them

-It’s unknown if he uses memes and slang out of context as he legitimately doesn't know or if it’s an elaborate joke

-If you ever hear him scream ‘For Science!’ just know that shenanigans are about to ensue

-Scarificator offered 5pts of extra credit to anyone who could pronounce his name correctly, first or last, 10 if you could pronounce the whole thing

-He was known for letting students do all kinds of experiments, just as long as fire wasn’t all that involved with it

-Still has the scarificator from like 300 years ago, carries it around in his pocket

-If you must know, Scar would trade any trivial thing (this includes possible DNA samples from himself) for the low cost of five french fries do with this info as you will

-If you have parental issues and come to him about it... Scarificator has a very unique response for you

-Don't be scared by the long a-s sheet. The man is just very detailed, that's all.
slXRG.gif

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20