Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Nightmare's Past - 1x1 (private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41
)sans has his own.....methods of gathering intel on potential dangers

Sans's talons began to glow a deep blue. "I need permission to access your mind. The process of exchanging information will go much faster if I can tap your memory directly." He said.
)sans has his own.....methods of gathering intel on potential dangers

Sans's talons began to glow a deep blue. "I need permission to access your mind. The process of exchanging information will go much faster if I can tap your memory directly." He said.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
What?! Access to his mind?! His thoughts? More importantly, his memories?!

"No." CrystalMoon deadpanned, no longer stuttering or hesitant. He stared at Sans dead on, obvious annoyance on his face. "You are being extremely rude at the moment." He grit his jaw. "I deny your request. I wont allow you to run through memories and knowledge personal to me."

(Take it by force or listen for him to say it if you want, but you might learn something you didnt intend ooooo)
What?! Access to his mind?! His thoughts? More importantly, his memories?!

"No." CrystalMoon deadpanned, no longer stuttering or hesitant. He stared at Sans dead on, obvious annoyance on his face. "You are being extremely rude at the moment." He grit his jaw. "I deny your request. I wont allow you to run through memories and knowledge personal to me."

(Take it by force or listen for him to say it if you want, but you might learn something you didnt intend ooooo)
art_shop.png
He nodded, "I will respect your decision and apologize if I am coming across rude. However, I must ask that you take me seriously. I sense danger coming and I would prefer to not face this danger unprepared." His voice nor his expression betrayed any emotion. "So, if you will not show me the memories I need I must ask for your complete honesty."
He nodded, "I will respect your decision and apologize if I am coming across rude. However, I must ask that you take me seriously. I sense danger coming and I would prefer to not face this danger unprepared." His voice nor his expression betrayed any emotion. "So, if you will not show me the memories I need I must ask for your complete honesty."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
The Tundra scoffed. "What benefit would I get by lying?" He sighed.

"Nightmare dragons are incorporeal, and therefore do not completely exist." He began. "They posess dragons and use them as hosts, haunting their dreams and feeding off their fears for strength and survival." He paused, then sighed in sadness.

He looked back up to you. "That's understandable, considering its for their own survival, but that's not the worst... The dragons we speak of in particular enjoy playing this sick game. They try to break the dragon, in any way they can. They torment them with hellish nightmares, tell them horrible things, and tell them to do things, pressuring them to do something, kill someone, or themselves... until the host commits suicide, or the nightmare dragon gets bored." He trailed off, but he still had more to say.

"If they really wanted a rush, they would posess the dragon entirely, possibly going on a killing spree, but that would only normally happen if the host's mind could be easily overpowered, but that would depend on the power of the nightmare dragon, and the power of the host's mind, but shadow dragons tend to be very powerful." He decided to pause for a breather, and see if Sans understood, and if he had any questions.
The Tundra scoffed. "What benefit would I get by lying?" He sighed.

"Nightmare dragons are incorporeal, and therefore do not completely exist." He began. "They posess dragons and use them as hosts, haunting their dreams and feeding off their fears for strength and survival." He paused, then sighed in sadness.

He looked back up to you. "That's understandable, considering its for their own survival, but that's not the worst... The dragons we speak of in particular enjoy playing this sick game. They try to break the dragon, in any way they can. They torment them with hellish nightmares, tell them horrible things, and tell them to do things, pressuring them to do something, kill someone, or themselves... until the host commits suicide, or the nightmare dragon gets bored." He trailed off, but he still had more to say.

"If they really wanted a rush, they would posess the dragon entirely, possibly going on a killing spree, but that would only normally happen if the host's mind could be easily overpowered, but that would depend on the power of the nightmare dragon, and the power of the host's mind, but shadow dragons tend to be very powerful." He decided to pause for a breather, and see if Sans understood, and if he had any questions.
art_shop.png
Sans rubbed the bridge of his nose, trying to process this new concept. "Ok lets see if I got this straight. So nightmare dragons are one step up from a shade. While a shade just feeds off emotions and causes a little trouble here and there, the nightmares completely take over and leave death and destruction in their wake at worst and cause their host to go insane at best"
He had dealt with a few dragons that didn't quite fit the description of shades, but he passed them off as an odd case, as they were few and far between. Could they have been these nightmare dragons? "Miss anything?" He asked.
Sans rubbed the bridge of his nose, trying to process this new concept. "Ok lets see if I got this straight. So nightmare dragons are one step up from a shade. While a shade just feeds off emotions and causes a little trouble here and there, the nightmares completely take over and leave death and destruction in their wake at worst and cause their host to go insane at best"
He had dealt with a few dragons that didn't quite fit the description of shades, but he passed them off as an odd case, as they were few and far between. Could they have been these nightmare dragons? "Miss anything?" He asked.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"...." he paused, a frown on his face. "I guess... I should tell you this as well... these dragons had once had an extremely powerful mage on their side. The mage used their magic to make most of their dragons semi-physical, so they were still ghost-like, but they didnt have to rely on a host." He stopped, then chuckled. "Turned out to be the worst mistake of their lives, as the Sand dragons found it easier to kill them, without the casualties of the deaths of innocent dragons. They killed the Shadow mage too."

He notices a slightly confused look on Sans' face. "The Sand dragons were a very populated and powerful race, and were the only ones who could kill a nightmare dragon, now theres next to none left."

"I was rescued... by HourGlass, from the posessions of a nightmare dragon... when I was very young." He sighed, then stopped. He was finished.

(Do you understand? Do you want a summary? Its alot to take in)
"...." he paused, a frown on his face. "I guess... I should tell you this as well... these dragons had once had an extremely powerful mage on their side. The mage used their magic to make most of their dragons semi-physical, so they were still ghost-like, but they didnt have to rely on a host." He stopped, then chuckled. "Turned out to be the worst mistake of their lives, as the Sand dragons found it easier to kill them, without the casualties of the deaths of innocent dragons. They killed the Shadow mage too."

He notices a slightly confused look on Sans' face. "The Sand dragons were a very populated and powerful race, and were the only ones who could kill a nightmare dragon, now theres next to none left."

"I was rescued... by HourGlass, from the posessions of a nightmare dragon... when I was very young." He sighed, then stopped. He was finished.

(Do you understand? Do you want a summary? Its alot to take in)
art_shop.png
(You underestimate me. I got it, trust me.)
Sans shifted his vision to encompass the magical. He did, in fact, see traces of darkness off the tundra. But if he didn't know what he was looking for he most likely would have missed it.
"What do you mean there are none left? Did they die out?" He asked.
If these 'sand dragons' were the only ones that knew how to effectively kill this new threat than they were on trouble.
(You underestimate me. I got it, trust me.)
Sans shifted his vision to encompass the magical. He did, in fact, see traces of darkness off the tundra. But if he didn't know what he was looking for he most likely would have missed it.
"What do you mean there are none left? Did they die out?" He asked.
If these 'sand dragons' were the only ones that knew how to effectively kill this new threat than they were on trouble.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"The sand dragons knew how, so they went to war. It was a great loss on both sides." He deadpanned. "Sand dragons can, obviously, control sand, and some can control time, so they were powerful beings, but so were the shadow dragons. The Sand race found a way to seal the nightmare dragons to their host's bodies, so the nightmare dragons dies alongside the host when the host was killed, and the semi-physical ones? Alongside a bit of magic, they could be crushed with sand."

CrystalMoon noticed Sans studying him when he mentioned his connection with a nightmare dragon. He smiled and gave the Guardian a look. "Ive never been posessed by one, dont worry about me."
"The sand dragons knew how, so they went to war. It was a great loss on both sides." He deadpanned. "Sand dragons can, obviously, control sand, and some can control time, so they were powerful beings, but so were the shadow dragons. The Sand race found a way to seal the nightmare dragons to their host's bodies, so the nightmare dragons dies alongside the host when the host was killed, and the semi-physical ones? Alongside a bit of magic, they could be crushed with sand."

CrystalMoon noticed Sans studying him when he mentioned his connection with a nightmare dragon. He smiled and gave the Guardian a look. "Ive never been posessed by one, dont worry about me."
art_shop.png
"Pfft...thats just your runofthemill geomancy. The time magic though," sans said, trailing off. He had encountered dragons who could manipulate time, some even called themselves time lords, but he was forced to put most of them down.
"I think I would like to meet this, Hourglass. I have a few questions I want to ask them. Where is your lair?"
"Pfft...thats just your runofthemill geomancy. The time magic though," sans said, trailing off. He had encountered dragons who could manipulate time, some even called themselves time lords, but he was forced to put most of them down.
"I think I would like to meet this, Hourglass. I have a few questions I want to ask them. Where is your lair?"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
The Tundra eyed you suspiciously. "Why do you intend to meet her? What questions do you want to ask?" He questioned.
The Tundra eyed you suspiciously. "Why do you intend to meet her? What questions do you want to ask?" He questioned.
art_shop.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41