Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Cloudsong Celebration! [closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68768921][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/687690/68768921_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Wings? Wings and things! Po is here for another year of Jamboree, and she's kitted out with as many wings as a little fae can carry. She's got a shopping list, as usual, and the avarice of a born hoarder to drive her around the venues. Happy Mistjam! [size=2]She's also my wishlist dragon ^.^
68768921_350.png

Wings? Wings and things! Po is here for another year of Jamboree, and she's kitted out with as many wings as a little fae can carry. She's got a shopping list, as usual, and the avarice of a born hoarder to drive her around the venues. Happy Mistjam!

She's also my wishlist dragon ^.^
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49886956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/498870/49886956_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Delta takes a deep breath, immediately feeling comforted by the array of scents that rush towards her: old books, spices, sizzling meat, the wind. She had forgotten how much she misses it. The Wildclaw adjusts her bag as she wonders what to do first- the songs? The poems? The crafts? The shops? Her question is suddenly answered for her when a nocturne soars ahead, Delta mistaking her for an elaborate kite at first. When she finally realizes what she is seeing, she gasps in surprise and delight. Enchanted kites follow the performer around as weaves in and out of them, flying so elegantly that she could be part of the breeze itself. Delta stands enraptured for minutes until the show ends. When it does, little trinkets shower down from the sky and she eagerly catches one. It's a small, orange bag with a wind design on it. She pulls on the drawstring to reveal the actual prize: a figurine of the Cloudsong, with the words "Mistral Jamboree" printed in calligraphy on one of the sails. A warm, cozy feeling spreads through her chest as she happily inspects it, and she swears she can see where she stands just now- and where she was two years ago, and the year before that. She makes out the same floating platforms where she was munching on snacks or listening to songs or watching kite shows, just content and finally relaxed. She sighs happily and closes her eyes, wondering if this was how the Windswept Plateau felt all year round. Either way, she was so glad to be back.
49886956_350.png

Delta takes a deep breath, immediately feeling comforted by the array of scents that rush towards her: old books, spices, sizzling meat, the wind. She had forgotten how much she misses it.

The Wildclaw adjusts her bag as she wonders what to do first- the songs? The poems? The crafts? The shops? Her question is suddenly answered for her when a nocturne soars ahead, Delta mistaking her for an elaborate kite at first. When she finally realizes what she is seeing, she gasps in surprise and delight. Enchanted kites follow the performer around as weaves in and out of them, flying so elegantly that she could be part of the breeze itself.

Delta stands enraptured for minutes until the show ends. When it does, little trinkets shower down from the sky and she eagerly catches one. It's a small, orange bag with a wind design on it. She pulls on the drawstring to reveal the actual prize: a figurine of the Cloudsong, with the words "Mistral Jamboree" printed in calligraphy on one of the sails. A warm, cozy feeling spreads through her chest as she happily inspects it, and she swears she can see where she stands just now- and where she was two years ago, and the year before that. She makes out the same floating platforms where she was munching on snacks or listening to songs or watching kite shows, just content and finally relaxed.

She sighs happily and closes her eyes, wondering if this was how the Windswept Plateau felt all year round. Either way, she was so glad to be back.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[b]Day 1[/b] [i]The day was starting to draw to a close when a pretty dark purple dragon with wings the same color as the clouds around her landed on one of the platforms set up to receive guests. The attendants there started in shock, not having seen her arrive. Her purple scales and off-white wings blended perfectly with the colors of the darkening sky, as day gave way to night. So much so that she seemed to simply appear out of thin air… [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4318317][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/43184/4318317_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Duskcloud[/b] [i]Fighter[/i] (Wind Born, Arcane Adopted)[/center] Giving herself a little shake, [b]Duskcloud[/b] settled her wings on her back as she stretched her neck, working out the kinks. After she was satisfied, she turned to the attendants watching the platform, noting with a little amusement their shock at her appearance. “Hello, friends!” She greeted the two spirals warmly, “I am so glad we found you! Last year my Clan searched every day, but somehow, we were never able to locate where the celebration was.” The guardian grimaced at the memory. She was not the only dragon to be sorely disappointed by that failure. Every Wind Dragon of the Elemental Gems Clan had felt the sting of not being able to celebrate at their Birth Flight’s main party, and even some of the non-Wind dragons had been upset. Personally, Duskcloud blamed the loss on that strange surge of magic that had hit the Clan as they entered Wind Clan territory on the first day of the Mistral Jamboree that year. That had almost certainly been a misdirection spell of some kind, one that had worked far, far, too well. No one had been able to find anything in the clouds—or outside them—for the entire week. In the end, they had had to give up and accept that attending the party was not going to happen that year. No so now. Duskcloud’s grimace faded to a smile as her eyes took in the platform, the attending Spirals – both of whom looked truly startled by this news, though whether that was because they hadn’t realized that anyone was looking, or because the Cloudsong Celebration had, in fact, occurred last year, was a question that the Guardian could not begin to answer—and the very important doorway that led into the inner area of the Cloudsong. Yes, the Celebration was definitely here, in all its glory. Turning back to the Spirals again, Duskcloud sent them another warm, happy smile. “The rest of the Clan is coming along shortly,” she told them both. “We’re all eager to see what you have in store for us this year. Seaspray wants to peruse your shops, our young Guardian Wind Mage has learned not to make hurricanes every time she laughs, and Titania and Oberon even agreed to stop bickering!” With a last wave towards the attendants, the pretty Guardian headed through the doorway to the inner area, wondering as she did so why the two Spirals had suddenly looked extremely worried at her last comment… @eeeeel I don’t know if I missed you last year, or if something happened…but either way, welcome back and I hope everything’s going well in RL. All my dragons are eager to have fun at the party and I even have a few “new” ones who might decide to tag along this year and join in the excitement… ;) Could you please put me on the daily ping list if you have one? (And if you are using the site’s ping list option, can you give me the link so I can sign up?) I don’t want to miss a single day of the fun!
Day 1

The day was starting to draw to a close when a pretty dark purple dragon with wings the same color as the clouds around her landed on one of the platforms set up to receive guests. The attendants there started in shock, not having seen her arrive. Her purple scales and off-white wings blended perfectly with the colors of the darkening sky, as day gave way to night. So much so that she seemed to simply appear out of thin air…

4318317_350.png
Duskcloud
Fighter
(Wind Born,
Arcane Adopted)

Giving herself a little shake, Duskcloud settled her wings on her back as she stretched her neck, working out the kinks. After she was satisfied, she turned to the attendants watching the platform, noting with a little amusement their shock at her appearance.

“Hello, friends!” She greeted the two spirals warmly, “I am so glad we found you! Last year my Clan searched every day, but somehow, we were never able to locate where the celebration was.” The guardian grimaced at the memory. She was not the only dragon to be sorely disappointed by that failure. Every Wind Dragon of the Elemental Gems Clan had felt the sting of not being able to celebrate at their Birth Flight’s main party, and even some of the non-Wind dragons had been upset.

Personally, Duskcloud blamed the loss on that strange surge of magic that had hit the Clan as they entered Wind Clan territory on the first day of the Mistral Jamboree that year. That had almost certainly been a misdirection spell of some kind, one that had worked far, far, too well. No one had been able to find anything in the clouds—or outside them—for the entire week. In the end, they had had to give up and accept that attending the party was not going to happen that year.

No so now. Duskcloud’s grimace faded to a smile as her eyes took in the platform, the attending Spirals – both of whom looked truly startled by this news, though whether that was because they hadn’t realized that anyone was looking, or because the Cloudsong Celebration had, in fact, occurred last year, was a question that the Guardian could not begin to answer—and the very important doorway that led into the inner area of the Cloudsong. Yes, the Celebration was definitely here, in all its glory.

Turning back to the Spirals again, Duskcloud sent them another warm, happy smile. “The rest of the Clan is coming along shortly,” she told them both. “We’re all eager to see what you have in store for us this year. Seaspray wants to peruse your shops, our young Guardian Wind Mage has learned not to make hurricanes every time she laughs, and Titania and Oberon even agreed to stop bickering!”

With a last wave towards the attendants, the pretty Guardian headed through the doorway to the inner area, wondering as she did so why the two Spirals had suddenly looked extremely worried at her last comment…

@eeeeel
I don’t know if I missed you last year, or if something happened…but either way, welcome back and I hope everything’s going well in RL. All my dragons are eager to have fun at the party and I even have a few “new” ones who might decide to tag along this year and join in the excitement… ;)

Could you please put me on the daily ping list if you have one? (And if you are using the site’s ping list option, can you give me the link so I can sign up?) I don’t want to miss a single day of the fun!
fw5Pc0h.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76876352][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/768764/76876352_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Monday[/b][/center] Unlike [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3319506/2#post_56447661]Sirocco[/url], Flux is more interested in hanging out with the craftspeople. She finds a booth where a few dragons are giving origami lessons to excited festival-goers. The highlight of today's session is creating paper birds, each one imbued with spells to make it fly. Together with the other students, Flux repeats the spells, and she gasps in delight as the birds she's folded begin fluttering their wings. They soar away above the crowd in a brilliant swirl of color before bursting into gentle showers of confetti.
76876352_350.png
Monday
Unlike Sirocco, Flux is more interested in hanging out with the craftspeople. She finds a booth where a few dragons are giving origami lessons to excited festival-goers. The highlight of today's session is creating paper birds, each one imbued with spells to make it fly.

Together with the other students, Flux repeats the spells, and she gasps in delight as the birds she's folded begin fluttering their wings. They soar away above the crowd in a brilliant swirl of color before bursting into gentle showers of confetti.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
As the festivities continue to unfold in the Windswept Plateau, a pair of imperials, their scales shimmering in the sunlight, gracefully swoop down to join the merriment. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91542258][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/915423/91542258_350.png[/img][/url] "Isn't this just splendid, Violette?" exclaimed the azure-hued imperial, her voice carried on the breeze. "Absolutely, Calnos," replied her companion with iridescent purple wings glinting in the sunlight., "I've never seen the Cloudsong so alive with energy!" Nearby, a group of spirals performed a mesmerizing aerial display, their colorful tails trailing behind them like ribbons in the wind. "Look at them go! Such precision and grace," marveled a nearby ridgeback, her eyes wide with admiration. "Indeed," chimed in a nearby guardian, his voice resonating with warmth. "The spirals truly know how to captivate an audience." Meanwhile, a trio of wind dragons soared overhead, their melodious laughter echoing through the air as they engaged in a friendly game of tag. "Can't catch me!" taunted one of the wind dragons, darting effortlessly between the billowing clouds. "You're too slow, Spring!" teased another, his wings catching the sunlight as he effortlessly evaded his pursuer. Back on the ground, a group of hatchlings giggled excitedly as they lined up at the face painting station, eagerly awaiting their turn to be transformed into whimsical creatures by a talented fae dragon. "This is going to be so much fun!" exclaimed a young imperial hatchling, bouncing with anticipation. "I want to be a shimmering butterfly!" declared another hatchling, her eyes shining with excitement. As the festivities continued to unfold, it was clear that the Jamboree at the Cloudsong was quite a special celebration.
As the festivities continue to unfold in the Windswept Plateau, a pair of imperials, their scales shimmering in the sunlight, gracefully swoop down to join the merriment.

91542258_350.png
"Isn't this just splendid, Violette?" exclaimed the azure-hued imperial, her voice carried on the breeze.

"Absolutely, Calnos," replied her companion with iridescent purple wings glinting in the sunlight.,

"I've never seen the Cloudsong so alive with energy!"

Nearby, a group of spirals performed a mesmerizing aerial display, their colorful tails trailing behind them like ribbons in the wind.

"Look at them go! Such precision and grace," marveled a nearby ridgeback, her eyes wide with admiration.

"Indeed," chimed in a nearby guardian, his voice resonating with warmth. "The spirals truly know how to captivate an audience."

Meanwhile, a trio of wind dragons soared overhead, their melodious laughter echoing through the air as they engaged in a friendly game of tag.

"Can't catch me!" taunted one of the wind dragons, darting effortlessly between the billowing clouds.

"You're too slow, Spring!" teased another, his wings catching the sunlight as he effortlessly evaded his pursuer.

Back on the ground, a group of hatchlings giggled excitedly as they lined up at the face painting station, eagerly awaiting their turn to be transformed into whimsical creatures by a talented fae dragon.

"This is going to be so much fun!" exclaimed a young imperial hatchling, bouncing with anticipation.

"I want to be a shimmering butterfly!" declared another hatchling, her eyes shining with excitement.

As the festivities continued to unfold, it was clear that the Jamboree at the Cloudsong was quite a special celebration.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=93736832][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/937369/93736832_350.png[/img][/url] Cotton trots into the festival, amazed by the beautiful market stalls and decorations. He smiles to Nassau, his other cotton-candy colored counterpart. " Everything smells so good! " Nassau exclaims, smiling. he couldn't wait to eat something! A two-headed blue and green dragon adjusts their glasses, sitting playing fairground games in the background. Oh how he enjoyed a day away from the palace! Firefly's friend, a pink aberration hatchling, bounces around cartoonishly, wild with excitement. Lenneth sighs, wishing for help. There were so many hatchlings! Everyone was having fun, enjoying the festivities of the cloudsong celebration. ((WISHLIST: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93718369] here! [/url]))
93736832_350.png

Cotton trots into the festival, amazed by the beautiful market stalls and decorations.
He smiles to Nassau, his other cotton-candy colored counterpart.

" Everything smells so good! " Nassau exclaims, smiling. he couldn't wait to eat something!

A two-headed blue and green dragon adjusts their glasses, sitting playing fairground games in the background. Oh how he enjoyed a day away from the palace!

Firefly's friend, a pink aberration hatchling, bounces around cartoonishly, wild with excitement. Lenneth sighs, wishing for help. There were so many hatchlings!

Everyone was having fun, enjoying the festivities of the cloudsong celebration.

((WISHLIST: here! ))
dirt cheap art commisions here! | pangender, all pronouns wishlist | lesbian :]
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3780990][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/37810/3780990.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=candara]Never having been the flying type of dragon, Mustard finds the flight formations the most magical type of showmanship. Her chickens and robins must think the same as they peep and cluck and cry out from their satchels. Mustard feels their delight as the kites soar around creating a multitude of patterns and chase after the Nocturne showing her prowess. She finds herself shifting minutely to their movements, her Wind nature creeping up from deep within to remind her that movement, travel, and gale force itself lives within her despite her mostly land-bound shape. She applauds enthusiastically as trinkets rain down, making sure to catch a few extra for her family back home, too busy with their own celebrations to make it out. "Brava!" she calls.
3780990.png

Never having been the flying type of dragon, Mustard finds the flight formations the most magical type of showmanship. Her chickens and robins must think the same as they peep and cluck and cry out from their satchels. Mustard feels their delight as the kites soar around creating a multitude of patterns and chase after the Nocturne showing her prowess. She finds herself shifting minutely to their movements, her Wind nature creeping up from deep within to remind her that movement, travel, and gale force itself lives within her despite her mostly land-bound shape.

She applauds enthusiastically as trinkets rain down, making sure to catch a few extra for her family back home, too busy with their own celebrations to make it out.

"Brava!" she calls.
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[b]Cloudsong Celebration - Day 2[/b] In spite of her exhaustive effort at the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3322493/2#post_56446923]Mistral Meals[/url] event, Apophalaulath was up early to join the group gathering at the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27437056]Cantina[/url]. Her name was not in the hat, but she wanted to see what kind of interest they were looking at; if it was light, she’d be encouraged to add her name for another round in the week. Privately, she was a little glad to get the guaranteed break, so she’d have time to recover! There was quite a crowd, however, chattering excitedly. However, not all of them were vying for a chance to cook - some had come in support of their friends who were hoping to be chosen, and some had just come for the spectacle of the name selection. Word had gotten around [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63986600]effectively[/url], it would seem. Ah, there was Orgeath, talking to the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23403144]Weyleader[/url]… that explained it. She could turn anything into a party! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61965342][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619654/61965342_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Windrith nodded and Orgeath stepped forward to a melodic burst of dramatic strings that shifted everyone’s attention to her, and all eyes on the very large hat she carried. When the onlookers had quieted, she said a few words, and gestured to a tiny figure, who flew to her side, with an Orange Hank in hand. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46769595]Youth[/url] would be doing the honors of picking out a slip, but blindfolded! Orgeath covered his eyes securely. She reached into the hat and deliberately stirred the slips of paper around inside. At an unseen signal, drums rolled and she dropped Youth in! The hat wiggled and jiggled like a live thing, until suddenly he burst forth again with a slip of paper in his hand! And today’s contestant would be… [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35146107]Paprikath[/url]! Cheers erupted. The dragon in question was looking happy to try out her skills in another arena. “But I’m going to need a lift over!” she said. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47942754]Ecsmaseveth[/url] piped up. “No worries, I can take you right now”! She loaded up the Snapper and it wasn’t long before the area was back to its usual capacity. Apophalaulath had lost track of Youth until a small voice piped up plaintively. “NOW can we go watch the kite races?” Splendid idea! She wandered over to join them.
Cloudsong Celebration - Day 2

In spite of her exhaustive effort at the Mistral Meals event, Apophalaulath was up early to join the group gathering at the Cantina. Her name was not in the hat, but she wanted to see what kind of interest they were looking at; if it was light, she’d be encouraged to add her name for another round in the week. Privately, she was a little glad to get the guaranteed break, so she’d have time to recover!

There was quite a crowd, however, chattering excitedly. However, not all of them were vying for a chance to cook - some had come in support of their friends who were hoping to be chosen, and some had just come for the spectacle of the name selection. Word had gotten around effectively, it would seem. Ah, there was Orgeath, talking to the Weyleader… that explained it. She could turn anything into a party!
61965342_350.png

Windrith nodded and Orgeath stepped forward to a melodic burst of dramatic strings that shifted everyone’s attention to her, and all eyes on the very large hat she carried. When the onlookers had quieted, she said a few words, and gestured to a tiny figure, who flew to her side, with an Orange Hank in hand. Youth would be doing the honors of picking out a slip, but blindfolded! Orgeath covered his eyes securely. She reached into the hat and deliberately stirred the slips of paper around inside. At an unseen signal, drums rolled and she dropped Youth in! The hat wiggled and jiggled like a live thing, until suddenly he burst forth again with a slip of paper in his hand! And today’s contestant would be… Paprikath! Cheers erupted.

The dragon in question was looking happy to try out her skills in another arena. “But I’m going to need a lift over!” she said. Ecsmaseveth piped up. “No worries, I can take you right now”! She loaded up the Snapper and it wasn’t long before the area was back to its usual capacity.

Apophalaulath had lost track of Youth until a small voice piped up plaintively. “NOW can we go watch the kite races?” Splendid idea! She wandered over to join them.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@eeeeel Quick question, is there a new prompt for each day or is it the same prompt all week?
@eeeeel Quick question, is there a new prompt for each day or is it the same prompt all week?
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
@DismasYves
There is a different one each day!
@DismasYves
There is a different one each day!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12