Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ24] - Mistral Meals (Closed!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
[center][size=5]Round 1[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44582027][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/445821/44582027.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48996522][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/489966/48996522.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=70115558][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/701156/70115558.png[/img][/url][/center] After a tumultuous season with intraclan tensions so high that they couldn't compete last year, Team Cirocco has come back, full force! [color=maroon]"We have a wing theme, then?"[/color] Spire asks, sifting through the ingredients tent [color=green]"Seems we do!"[/color] [color=magenta]"Ladies, might I take the lead on this one?"[/color] [color=maroon]"We thought you'd never ask!"[/color] ----- [quote name="Peafowl Tandoori Buns"] [center][b]Round Captain:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=70115558][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/701156/70115558p.png[/img][/url] [b]Dish type:[/b] Main Course, Sandwiches [b]Subregion: [/b] Aswoni/Shengu Border [b]Diet: [/b] [emoji=insect size=1] [emoji=plant size=1] [emoji=meat size=1] [b]Required Ingredients:[/b] [item=sublime peacock] [item=blue fly] [item=horn of plenty] [/center] [left][b]Additional ingredients: [/b] [item=butter stick] Butter or Ghee (for the curry and glazing the buns) [item=heavy grainbasket] a bread starter (Ideally naan) [item=salt][item=blacktongue pepper] [item=sanddrift aconite] Salt, pepper, and tikka masala spices (tumeric, chili, cumin, onion powder, coriander) [item=bell goat] Full Fat Yogurt (Goat milk is excellent for this) [/left] [/quote] Gateau never leaves home without a yeast starter by principle, but she's always delighted to find that the staff have accommodated for the bakers of the group. [color=magenta]"Spire, you're going to be on dressing duty. Gladys, can you grab us a cup of freeze dried blue flies? Adult is fine, but larvae are even better."[/color] [color=green]"On it, Sugar,"[/color] Gladys calls out, inspecting the horn of plenty. She smirks when she sees artichokes and gourds [color=green]"Y'all think we could add some pumpkin n' squash to the curry?"[/color] [color=magenta]"Ohh, that'd round it right out,"[/color] Gateau chirps in delight. [color=magenta]"You up for sauce duty?"[/color] [color=green]"Am I ever!"[/color] They set to work. ----- Spire dresses the peafowl, plucking its feathers Gladys has set the pumpkins and squash to bake until tender, and is once again raiding the ingredients tent. [color=maroon]"Knock on wood and all, but you've grown a [i]lot.[/i] Not even since our last Mistral Meals; since last year."[/color] [color=magenta]"We all had to,"[/color] Gateau replies, face stony. [color=magenta]"...I just hope it doesn't all come undone."[/color] [color=maroon]"Galehart survived a [i]famine[/i], Gateau; there's no undoing that. If you could figure out a way to feed your region, even with food spoiling as soon as it entered the place, then you shouldn't sell yourself short."[/color] Gateau says nothing. She just blushes and continues working the dough. When Gladys returns, it's with a collection of spice jars. After portioning the seasoning out on her cutting board, it looks akin to an artist's palette. The now tender gourds get pureed, and added into the mix. Lastly, to make it a true tikka masala-style curry, she pours fresh yogurt into the bowl. She also adds a few, tender artichoke hearts from the horn as an afterthought Once Spire has cleaned and portioned the peafowl, it goes into the marinade. [color=magenta]"The char on these things once they come out of the oven is incredible,"[/color] Gateau hums as she checks on the proofing dough, [color=magenta]"Seriously. China had me over for dinner last week, and she has a clay oven-- not her kiln-- and I made pork buns with her."[/color] Spire licks her chops, eagerly thinking about the tender, fall-off-the-bone meat. Now they need to cook up the meat. The blue flies are added into the pan along with the peafowl, and they're met with an explosion of aroma. Spire makes short work of the peafowl, pulling it apart into shreds. A warm orange dotted with blue specks hearkens back to their Skywinder pudding recipe. Folding the buns is always an adventure, much to Spire's (lighthearted) chagrin. [color=maroon]"How are you two so good at this?!"[/color] She wails. [color=maroon]"You both have such big claws!"[/color] [color=magenta]"Maybe big claws are better,"[/color] Gateau snickers, perfectly closing up the bun and setting it in the pan. [color=maroon]"Whatever!!"[/color] Spire shrieks, laughter creeping into her voice. ----- When you do enough cooking, things don't seem to take too long. Especially with so many dishes to clean while you wait. So they all look up in surprise when the oven dings. [color=green]"That was fast."[/color] They are rewarded with soft, fluffy buns. When torn into, they reveal a gorgeous curried peafowl, dotted with the signature blue flies. The yogurt and pumpkin in the marinate bring a delightful, almost creaming quality to the whole thi-- [color=maroon]"...Is this [i]artichoke?[/i]"[/color] [color=green]"Oh! Yes. I added it in"[/color] [color=maroon]"Huh..."[/color] [color=green]"...you don't like it?"[/color] [color=maroon]"No! It's fine, I just..."[/color] Spire suddenly shoves the whole thing into her mouth before turning to check out the ingredient tent once more. [color=maroon]"I just have a lot to think about."[/color] ----- ((I cannot BEGIN to articulate how happy I am to be back! Mistral meals is my favorite thing on FR period, so I'm delighted my girls get to return))
Round 1

44582027.png48996522.png70115558.png

After a tumultuous season with intraclan tensions so high that they couldn't compete last year, Team Cirocco has come back, full force!

"We have a wing theme, then?" Spire asks, sifting through the ingredients tent

"Seems we do!"

"Ladies, might I take the lead on this one?"

"We thought you'd never ask!"

Peafowl Tandoori Buns wrote:
Round Captain:

70115558p.png

Dish type:
Main Course, Sandwiches

Subregion:
Aswoni/Shengu Border

Diet:

Required Ingredients:
Sublime Peacock
Blue Fly
Horn of Plenty

Additional ingredients:
Butter Stick Butter or Ghee (for the curry and glazing the buns)
Heavy Grainbasket a bread starter (Ideally naan)
Salt Blacktongue Pepper Sanddrift Aconite Salt, pepper, and tikka masala spices (tumeric, chili, cumin, onion powder, coriander)
Bell Goat Full Fat Yogurt (Goat milk is excellent for this)

Gateau never leaves home without a yeast starter by principle, but she's always delighted to find that the staff have accommodated for the bakers of the group.

"Spire, you're going to be on dressing duty. Gladys, can you grab us a cup of freeze dried blue flies? Adult is fine, but larvae are even better."

"On it, Sugar," Gladys calls out, inspecting the horn of plenty. She smirks when she sees artichokes and gourds
"Y'all think we could add some pumpkin n' squash to the curry?"

"Ohh, that'd round it right out," Gateau chirps in delight.
"You up for sauce duty?"

"Am I ever!"

They set to work.

Spire dresses the peafowl, plucking its feathers

Gladys has set the pumpkins and squash to bake until tender, and is once again raiding the ingredients tent.

"Knock on wood and all, but you've grown a lot. Not even since our last Mistral Meals; since last year."

"We all had to," Gateau replies, face stony. "...I just hope it doesn't all come undone."
"Galehart survived a famine, Gateau; there's no undoing that. If you could figure out a way to feed your region, even with food spoiling as soon as it entered the place, then you shouldn't sell yourself short."

Gateau says nothing. She just blushes and continues working the dough.

When Gladys returns, it's with a collection of spice jars. After portioning the seasoning out on her cutting board, it looks akin to an artist's palette.
The now tender gourds get pureed, and added into the mix.
Lastly, to make it a true tikka masala-style curry, she pours fresh yogurt into the bowl. She also adds a few, tender artichoke hearts from the horn as an afterthought

Once Spire has cleaned and portioned the peafowl, it goes into the marinade.

"The char on these things once they come out of the oven is incredible," Gateau hums as she checks on the proofing dough,
"Seriously. China had me over for dinner last week, and she has a clay oven-- not her kiln-- and I made pork buns with her."

Spire licks her chops, eagerly thinking about the tender, fall-off-the-bone meat.

Now they need to cook up the meat.

The blue flies are added into the pan along with the peafowl, and they're met with an explosion of aroma.

Spire makes short work of the peafowl, pulling it apart into shreds. A warm orange dotted with blue specks hearkens back to their Skywinder pudding recipe.

Folding the buns is always an adventure, much to Spire's (lighthearted) chagrin.

"How are you two so good at this?!" She wails. "You both have such big claws!"

"Maybe big claws are better," Gateau snickers, perfectly closing up the bun and setting it in the pan.
"Whatever!!" Spire shrieks, laughter creeping into her voice.
When you do enough cooking, things don't seem to take too long. Especially with so many dishes to clean while you wait.

So they all look up in surprise when the oven dings.

"That was fast."

They are rewarded with soft, fluffy buns. When torn into, they reveal a gorgeous curried peafowl, dotted with the signature blue flies. The yogurt and pumpkin in the marinate bring a delightful, almost creaming quality to the whole thi--

"...Is this artichoke?"
"Oh! Yes. I added it in"
"Huh..."
"...you don't like it?"
"No! It's fine, I just..."

Spire suddenly shoves the whole thing into her mouth before turning to check out the ingredient tent once more.

"I just have a lot to think about."

((I cannot BEGIN to articulate how happy I am to be back! Mistral meals is my favorite thing on FR period, so I'm delighted my girls get to return))
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
[quote]Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry: Sublime Peacock Blue Fly Deep Sea Lobster Horn of Plenty Sublime Peacock / Blue Fly / Deep Sea Lobster / Horn of Plenty[/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89500818][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/895009/89500818_350.png[/img][/url] Who says rats can't cook? Although... it may be a little unsanitary to let this undead rat in the kitchen... Either way, Mus Rattus knows the ins and outs of cooking like a pro! He makes sure to wash his paws (especially under those long claws of his) and to bandage all his wounds before touching any of the food. First, he takes a couple of gourds from the horn of plenty and guts them. It seems like he takes unusual glee in removing all of the stringy seeds from the insides of the gourds. Then, he rubs them in oil and seasonings before wrapping them in foil and placing them in the oven to bake. While the gourds are cooking, he then takes some peacock thighs out from where they had been marinating in a delicious sauce, and chops them into more reasonably-sized pieces. He also dices up some wild onions and a little bit of golden pepper for some kick. Into the frying pan they go, with a sizzle! He makes sure to cook the meat just enough to where it is juicy and tender, annd the onions are translucent and soft. The gourds are now done, so he takes them out of the oven, making sure they are suitably soft. The stir fry mix goes inside of the hollow gourds, and for the finishing touch he adds some dried blue flies on the top as a crunchy garnish. The food is ready!
Quote:
Use at least THREE of the following ingredients in your entry:
Sublime Peacock Blue Fly Deep Sea Lobster Horn of Plenty
Sublime Peacock / Blue Fly / Deep Sea Lobster / Horn of Plenty

89500818_350.png

Who says rats can't cook? Although... it may be a little unsanitary to let this undead rat in the kitchen...

Either way, Mus Rattus knows the ins and outs of cooking like a pro! He makes sure to wash his paws (especially under those long claws of his) and to bandage all his wounds before touching any of the food. First, he takes a couple of gourds from the horn of plenty and guts them. It seems like he takes unusual glee in removing all of the stringy seeds from the insides of the gourds. Then, he rubs them in oil and seasonings before wrapping them in foil and placing them in the oven to bake.

While the gourds are cooking, he then takes some peacock thighs out from where they had been marinating in a delicious sauce, and chops them into more reasonably-sized pieces. He also dices up some wild onions and a little bit of golden pepper for some kick. Into the frying pan they go, with a sizzle!

He makes sure to cook the meat just enough to where it is juicy and tender, annd the onions are translucent and soft. The gourds are now done, so he takes them out of the oven, making sure they are suitably soft. The stir fry mix goes inside of the hollow gourds, and for the finishing touch he adds some dried blue flies on the top as a crunchy garnish. The food is ready!
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
[center][size=4][font=courier][b]day 1[/b][/font][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91809513][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/918096/91809513_350.png[/img][/url] "Look at those fly wings, Priscilla! They're so delicate....so pristine...." The large, herb-festooned coatl isn't talking to himself, despite initial appearances. No, he's talking to the not-so-large spider that's dangling from his wing, her silk jauntily swaying in the breeze. "Yes, I'll slip you one of the flies. No, you can't have them all." Ellyllon spends a few moments studying the ingredients set before him, picking up each in turn and studying it before setting it back on the counter. When he wanders away to the communal pantry, he's still chattering happily with Priscilla-- but by the time he waddles back to his station, balancing more ingredients upon every possible limb/wing, the two seem to be having some sort of squabble. "I don't [i]care[/i] if you think we should use the lobster- everyone's going to expect it from me." The (one-sided?) bickering continues for the next hour, though it's clear that the coatl knows his way around a kitchen. By the time he's ready to present, the duo seem to have come to some sort of resolution, because he sets his dish in front of the judges with a completely serene smile. (Perhaps it's because Priscilla has retreated further up into his wing, blue fly in "hand". "What we have for you here today is a three-winged salad, with fresh-picked cliff lion and manaweed, crunchy wild onions from the horn of plenty, tender chunks of braised peacock wing, and herb-roasted blue flies. The dressing is an egg-yolk vinaigrette, made with fresh duck eggs. I've also lightly toasted the fly wings to sprinkle on top for some extra texture. I hope you enjoy!" Ellyllon tips his head respectfully towards the judges and retreats back to his station, already daydreaming of what the next round will bring.
day 1

91809513_350.png

"Look at those fly wings, Priscilla! They're so delicate....so pristine...."

The large, herb-festooned coatl isn't talking to himself, despite initial appearances. No, he's talking to the not-so-large spider that's dangling from his wing, her silk jauntily swaying in the breeze.

"Yes, I'll slip you one of the flies. No, you can't have them all."

Ellyllon spends a few moments studying the ingredients set before him, picking up each in turn and studying it before setting it back on the counter. When he wanders away to the communal pantry, he's still chattering happily with Priscilla-- but by the time he waddles back to his station, balancing more ingredients upon every possible limb/wing, the two seem to be having some sort of squabble.

"I don't care if you think we should use the lobster- everyone's going to expect it from me."

The (one-sided?) bickering continues for the next hour, though it's clear that the coatl knows his way around a kitchen.

By the time he's ready to present, the duo seem to have come to some sort of resolution, because he sets his dish in front of the judges with a completely serene smile. (Perhaps it's because Priscilla has retreated further up into his wing, blue fly in "hand".

"What we have for you here today is a three-winged salad, with fresh-picked cliff lion and manaweed, crunchy wild onions from the horn of plenty, tender chunks of braised peacock wing, and herb-roasted blue flies. The dressing is an egg-yolk vinaigrette, made with fresh duck eggs. I've also lightly toasted the fly wings to sprinkle on top for some extra texture. I hope you enjoy!"

Ellyllon tips his head respectfully towards the judges and retreats back to his station, already daydreaming of what the next round will bring.
wishlistg1 salesbadge collectionthe nest - perma sales threadblank canvas hatchery
IMG-1405.png
[b]Mistral Meals - Day 1[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72874325][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/728744/72874325_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Apophalaulath was a little put out that she was only certain of this first day as a Mistral Meals contestant, as she had hoped for a greater opportunity to redeem herself after last year’s disaster - at least, it had felt like a disaster to her - but only a little. Windrith had been [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3319506/1#post_56445783]kind[/url] as he explained the changed format, and that they wanted to let as many dragons as possible share the experience of representing WindSky Weyr at this year’s Mistral Jamboree, when the pressure on them would not be so high. However, since they were a little late at getting the word out, the first raffle drawing to choose the day’s candidate would not begin until tomorrow, and she was the logical person to get the event started for them. If not enough came forward, she could put her name into the hat for subsequent days, too, but she had little hope of that, given the number of foodies they had … Meanwhile, however, she had something to prove. She examined the ingredients speculatively, and immediately began rooting around in the [b]Horn of Plenty,[/b] pulling out an impressive variety of fruits and vegetables. She sorted these into piles, musing critically on various combinations. Then she dove into the real work, mixing together a large batch of tender pastry dough and dividing it into 4 equal portions before setting it aside to rest and hydrate. Meanwhile, she started some sauces and continued her prep, plucking the [b]Sublime Peacock[/b] carefully - taking special care not to damage the showy tail feathers - separating the [b]Blue Flies[/b] from their wings, and carefully extracting the flavorful flesh of the [b]Deep Sea Lobster.[/b] She set up a pot to steam some of the vegetables she’d cut up, and then returned to her dough. She took her first ball and rolled it out, then cut small circles that she fit into individual sized tart pans, liberally greased. These went on a large tray into a hot oven for a few minutes to parbake, while she worked on the next set. Take those out, put these in - she was a whirlwind! The final batch she let bake through. While they cooled, she prepared a savory custard mixture, stirred in the flies, and filled the first quarter of her shells. Back into the oven. When they emerged, fully set, she sprinkled them liberally with the fly wings, creating an attractive glittering finish. Next, she placed jumbo chunks of the lobster into the next set of shells, tucked in a curated selection of steamed vegetable pieces along one arc, to accent the flavor, just so, brushed them with a delicate white wine-based glaze, and cooked just until the seafood turned opaque. She repeated this with the peacock meat, using a red wine-based glaze, and different complementary vegetables. These were also quick to finish, to avoid toughening the poultry. For the final set of shells, she mixed together a sweet custard and covered the bottoms, then cut the fruit as it cooled and set. She arranged the pieces attractively on top of this creamy bed, and brushed them with a clear, neutral glaze, garnishing with Spearmint leaves. Now Apophalaulath retrieved the feathers she had kept and speared the pointed end of the cornucopia, spreading them out to mimic the bird’s tail in life. She had piled her extra herbs inside to make a green bed, and lay the tarts inside in three rows, spreading out on the sheet pan that was her support. The dessert tarts were arrayed around the outside. She was glad the judges would be coming to her, when she indicated she was finished, as she would not have been able to carry it anywhere herself! She was quite proud of the job she’d done, and surprised to realize she hadn’t felt the need to add any cheese - the quality of the raw materials was that good! But speaking of cheese, she needed to have a bite immediately, as she’d forgotten to eat anything all day, and a crash was imminent if she didn’t refuel right away!
Mistral Meals - Day 1
72874325_350.png

Apophalaulath was a little put out that she was only certain of this first day as a Mistral Meals contestant, as she had hoped for a greater opportunity to redeem herself after last year’s disaster - at least, it had felt like a disaster to her - but only a little. Windrith had been kind as he explained the changed format, and that they wanted to let as many dragons as possible share the experience of representing WindSky Weyr at this year’s Mistral Jamboree, when the pressure on them would not be so high. However, since they were a little late at getting the word out, the first raffle drawing to choose the day’s candidate would not begin until tomorrow, and she was the logical person to get the event started for them. If not enough came forward, she could put her name into the hat for subsequent days, too, but she had little hope of that, given the number of foodies they had …

Meanwhile, however, she had something to prove.

She examined the ingredients speculatively, and immediately began rooting around in the Horn of Plenty, pulling out an impressive variety of fruits and vegetables. She sorted these into piles, musing critically on various combinations. Then she dove into the real work, mixing together a large batch of tender pastry dough and dividing it into 4 equal portions before setting it aside to rest and hydrate. Meanwhile, she started some sauces and continued her prep, plucking the Sublime Peacock carefully - taking special care not to damage the showy tail feathers - separating the Blue Flies from their wings, and carefully extracting the flavorful flesh of the Deep Sea Lobster. She set up a pot to steam some of the vegetables she’d cut up, and then returned to her dough. She took her first ball and rolled it out, then cut small circles that she fit into individual sized tart pans, liberally greased. These went on a large tray into a hot oven for a few minutes to parbake, while she worked on the next set. Take those out, put these in - she was a whirlwind! The final batch she let bake through. While they cooled, she prepared a savory custard mixture, stirred in the flies, and filled the first quarter of her shells. Back into the oven. When they emerged, fully set, she sprinkled them liberally with the fly wings, creating an attractive glittering finish. Next, she placed jumbo chunks of the lobster into the next set of shells, tucked in a curated selection of steamed vegetable pieces along one arc, to accent the flavor, just so, brushed them with a delicate white wine-based glaze, and cooked just until the seafood turned opaque. She repeated this with the peacock meat, using a red wine-based glaze, and different complementary vegetables. These were also quick to finish, to avoid toughening the poultry.

For the final set of shells, she mixed together a sweet custard and covered the bottoms, then cut the fruit as it cooled and set. She arranged the pieces attractively on top of this creamy bed, and brushed them with a clear, neutral glaze, garnishing with Spearmint leaves.

Now Apophalaulath retrieved the feathers she had kept and speared the pointed end of the cornucopia, spreading them out to mimic the bird’s tail in life. She had piled her extra herbs inside to make a green bed, and lay the tarts inside in three rows, spreading out on the sheet pan that was her support. The dessert tarts were arrayed around the outside. She was glad the judges would be coming to her, when she indicated she was finished, as she would not have been able to carry it anywhere herself! She was quite proud of the job she’d done, and surprised to realize she hadn’t felt the need to add any cheese - the quality of the raw materials was that good! But speaking of cheese, she needed to have a bite immediately, as she’d forgotten to eat anything all day, and a crash was imminent if she didn’t refuel right away!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
[quote=Day 1] Use at least [b]THREE[/b] of the following ingredients in your entry: [center] [item=Sublime Peacock][item=Blue Fly][item=Deep sea Lobster][item=Horn of Plenty] [b]Sublime Peacock[/b] / [s]Blue Fly[/s] / [b]Deep Sea Lobster[/b] / [b]Horn of Plenty[/b] [/center] [/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70169796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701698/70169796_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Fen's eyes are drawn to the lobster, admiring the deep hues of the shell. "That's how you know it's a good one!" He claims, pointing at the long antenna and raised claws. "Well, it'd be a waste not to use this, after all, who doesn't love seafood?" Fen winks. "Most certainly, I do." However, it's the peacock he grabs first. It cawks in alarm- soon plump pieces of poultry sit in a bowl, with a clean carcass in the basket next to it. Then he takes hold of the lobster and removes its head. "Then add some fire- some olive oil- a generous dash- now that it's hot the head and carcass go in. Brown it for ten minutes, don't let it burn!" - "Now, some prep for later on. Don't add these yet! what you want to do is to take some of these tomatoes and garlic from the horn-just four pieces of each!" He plucks four plump tomatoes and cloves of garlic. The tomatoes is rinsed and diced in short order and the garlic smashed with the flat of his knife. "And some forest mushrooms- just brush the dirt off these, don't wash them!" He sets all the vegetable ingredients aside. - Fen moves the pan to rest above the coal and not the flame, adds a dash of water and scrapes the bottom of the pan to make sure the resulting stock contains all the flavor. - He places another pan on the stove, taking care to place it over the coals and not the leaping flames below. "Again, olive oil, then salt and pepper on the fowl." He tilts the pan, observing the oil rolling to the side. "See it's warm? Add the meat and fry until it's seared but still raw." He takes out a plate, sliding out the meat. - "Now for the sauce, use the same pan and add garlic to the oil, a cup of a good wine of choice-" He stirs. "While this reduces, strain the stock, then add it to the sauce... Then reduce it further..." As the sauce becomes thick, he drops the chopped tomatoes into the pan. "And... mix. Now add the fowl and simmer for a quarter of an hour. Do not forget to turn!" - With the peacock cooking, Fen sets a pot of water on the fire. "Now, add the lobster to the water- it only needs to boil for a short minute or ten..." - He seasons and sears the mushroom in a small pan, then removes them to fry some bread, which he switches out to crack four eggs into the same pan, baking them sunny-side up. - To finish up, he drops the lobster in an ice bath, takes the meat out of the shell. - A wonderful aroma has now filled the kitchen. The veilspun carefully lays out four plates, serving the sauce covered poultry with mushrooms and fried bread on the side and an egg on top. Last, the lobster meat is divided into four equal portions, which he carefully places on the egg yolks of each bowl. "Whew... Enjoy!"
Day 1 wrote:

70169796_350.png

Fen's eyes are drawn to the lobster, admiring the deep hues of the shell.

"That's how you know it's a good one!" He claims, pointing at the long antenna and raised claws.

"Well, it'd be a waste not to use this, after all, who doesn't love seafood?"

Fen winks.

"Most certainly, I do."

However, it's the peacock he grabs first. It cawks in alarm- soon plump pieces of poultry sit in a bowl, with a clean carcass in the basket next to it. Then he takes hold of the lobster and removes its head.

"Then add some fire- some olive oil- a generous dash- now that it's hot the head and carcass go in. Brown it for ten minutes, don't let it burn!"

-

"Now, some prep for later on. Don't add these yet! what you want to do is to take some of these tomatoes and garlic from the horn-just four pieces of each!"

He plucks four plump tomatoes and cloves of garlic. The tomatoes is rinsed and diced in short order and the garlic smashed with the flat of his knife.

"And some forest mushrooms- just brush the dirt off these, don't wash them!"

He sets all the vegetable ingredients aside.

-

Fen moves the pan to rest above the coal and not the flame, adds a dash of water and scrapes the bottom of the pan to make sure the resulting stock contains all the flavor.

-

He places another pan on the stove, taking care to place it over the coals and not the leaping flames below.

"Again, olive oil, then salt and pepper on the fowl."

He tilts the pan, observing the oil rolling to the side.

"See it's warm? Add the meat and fry until it's seared but still raw."

He takes out a plate, sliding out the meat.

-

"Now for the sauce, use the same pan and add garlic to the oil, a cup of a good wine of choice-"

He stirs.

"While this reduces, strain the stock, then add it to the sauce... Then reduce it further..."

As the sauce becomes thick, he drops the chopped tomatoes into the pan.

"And... mix. Now add the fowl and simmer for a quarter of an hour. Do not forget to turn!"

-

With the peacock cooking, Fen sets a pot of water on the fire.

"Now, add the lobster to the water- it only needs to boil for a short minute or ten..."

-

He seasons and sears the mushroom in a small pan, then removes them to fry some bread, which he switches out to crack four eggs into the same pan, baking them sunny-side up.

-

To finish up, he drops the lobster in an ice bath, takes the meat out of the shell.

-

A wonderful aroma has now filled the kitchen.

The veilspun carefully lays out four plates, serving the sauce covered poultry with mushrooms and fried bread on the side and an egg on top. Last, the lobster meat is divided into four equal portions, which he carefully places on the egg yolks of each bowl.

"Whew... Enjoy!"
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53785539][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/537856/53785539_350.png[/img][/url] [B][i]Day 1[/i][/b] Millie stepped up and listened with interest. She had seldom traveled from her home in the Everbloom since coming there as a very young dragon. She had always dabbled in cooking, and her mates always said she was quite good. All of them had encouraged her to make the trip out to participate in this year's competition. Well. Not competition this year. Just an event. This suited her more anyway. She wasn't sure how she would measure up compared to all these others. But for this week, she would trade her daisy cabbie for a chef's hat! Stepping up to her station, she murmured to herself, “I have to use at least three of these…” [I]A sublime peacock, usually hunted for its feathers over its meat apparently. Still, only someone incredibly wasteful would pluck a bird and not cook it! A blue fly- a bloodsucking parasite! At least it apparently had good taste. Hopefully that would mean it tastes good. A deep sea lobster. Those were hard to get; she was honored to have the chance to use one of these. And finally, a horn of plenty. Well this would give her lots of vegetable options! Peppers, onions, gourds, grains, and artichokes at least.[/i] She looked it over nervously. The lobster was exciting; she couldn't wait to try a bit once it was prepared. However, the rest of it was less than appetizing to someone who only eats seafood. At least she was familiar with vegetables, but insects and meat. Well… she was here to expand her horizons and expanded they would be! The lobster would need to be boiled for a start. With the water roiling and the crustacean covered, she stared at the rest, hoping for inspiration. Lobster is rich, and a little salty. The vegetables could really lighten the meal up, maybe a salad to showcase all the bits from the horn. Chop most of it up, maybe make the squash thinly sliced, and toast the corn and wheat. Toasting! Thats what she would do with the flies. Get them nice and crispy and dry, they could be like croutons on the salad. The lobster was looking about the right colour, so it was probably ready to remove from the shell. She dropped the whole critter into icy cold water. With that done the meat shrank away from the shell and removing it was easy. Now she had lobster, which smelled amazing, and a whole bird to deal with. Maybe they could work together somehow. Normally she'd make a sauce for the lobster, or mix it with something. She already had a salad, so sauce was probably the best bet. Something garlicky, something creamy. The horn of plenty had plenty of garlic, so she minced that as she considered her next move. She settled on something straight forward, a classic. Melting butter in the pan, she added the garlic with a satisfying sizzle. Then went in the peacock, one large chunk of meat at the time. She was basically shallow frying it, and stirred it around plenty to make sure all the sides were cooked evenly. Once the bird seemed just about done, she added the lobster to share its briny flavour and heat it up. Together the meat finished cooking. She scooped up the thick pieces with a straining spoon and let the butter drip off. She couldn't help but try a piece of the lobster, and let out a satisfied “Mmm-mmmh!” Faced with plating, she was at a bit of a loss. So she just grabbed a dinner plate, set down the meat, and then arranged the salad on the side. She sprinkled the flies on top with her lip curled back. There was a bit of space to one side, so she got a tiny ramekin and set it there. Then she skimmed off as many chunks from the butter as she could before dumping it into the small bowl. There, now it had something to dunk in if needed. Millie brought her plate up to the judges. She looked at Bloodstone as she explained, “I made you some fried sky and sea with a salad garnished with blue.” The fancy wording sounded good to her, but more importantly, “What do you think?”
53785539_350.png
Day 1
Millie stepped up and listened with interest. She had seldom traveled from her home in the Everbloom since coming there as a very young dragon. She had always dabbled in cooking, and her mates always said she was quite good. All of them had encouraged her to make the trip out to participate in this year's competition. Well. Not competition this year. Just an event. This suited her more anyway. She wasn't sure how she would measure up compared to all these others. But for this week, she would trade her daisy cabbie for a chef's hat!

Stepping up to her station, she murmured to herself, “I have to use at least three of these…”
A sublime peacock, usually hunted for its feathers over its meat apparently. Still, only someone incredibly wasteful would pluck a bird and not cook it!
A blue fly- a bloodsucking parasite! At least it apparently had good taste. Hopefully that would mean it tastes good.
A deep sea lobster. Those were hard to get; she was honored to have the chance to use one of these.
And finally, a horn of plenty. Well this would give her lots of vegetable options! Peppers, onions, gourds, grains, and artichokes at least.

She looked it over nervously. The lobster was exciting; she couldn't wait to try a bit once it was prepared. However, the rest of it was less than appetizing to someone who only eats seafood. At least she was familiar with vegetables, but insects and meat. Well… she was here to expand her horizons and expanded they would be!

The lobster would need to be boiled for a start. With the water roiling and the crustacean covered, she stared at the rest, hoping for inspiration.
Lobster is rich, and a little salty. The vegetables could really lighten the meal up, maybe a salad to showcase all the bits from the horn. Chop most of it up, maybe make the squash thinly sliced, and toast the corn and wheat. Toasting! Thats what she would do with the flies. Get them nice and crispy and dry, they could be like croutons on the salad.

The lobster was looking about the right colour, so it was probably ready to remove from the shell. She dropped the whole critter into icy cold water. With that done the meat shrank away from the shell and removing it was easy. Now she had lobster, which smelled amazing, and a whole bird to deal with. Maybe they could work together somehow.
Normally she'd make a sauce for the lobster, or mix it with something. She already had a salad, so sauce was probably the best bet. Something garlicky, something creamy. The horn of plenty had plenty of garlic, so she minced that as she considered her next move. She settled on something straight forward, a classic.
Melting butter in the pan, she added the garlic with a satisfying sizzle. Then went in the peacock, one large chunk of meat at the time. She was basically shallow frying it, and stirred it around plenty to make sure all the sides were cooked evenly.
Once the bird seemed just about done, she added the lobster to share its briny flavour and heat it up. Together the meat finished cooking. She scooped up the thick pieces with a straining spoon and let the butter drip off. She couldn't help but try a piece of the lobster, and let out a satisfied “Mmm-mmmh!”

Faced with plating, she was at a bit of a loss. So she just grabbed a dinner plate, set down the meat, and then arranged the salad on the side. She sprinkled the flies on top with her lip curled back.
There was a bit of space to one side, so she got a tiny ramekin and set it there. Then she skimmed off as many chunks from the butter as she could before dumping it into the small bowl. There, now it had something to dunk in if needed.

Millie brought her plate up to the judges. She looked at Bloodstone as she explained, “I made you some fried sky and sea with a salad garnished with blue.” The fancy wording sounded good to her, but more importantly, “What do you think?”
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65994949][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659950/65994949_350.png[/img][/url][/center] So, I believe this came out pretty well! I rarely work with non-seafood items, since I mostly cook for myself and my family, but it was very fun to explore some other items. And the hosts supplied such lovely wares! Of course I had to use the Deep Sea Lobster as my main focus, and tried to highlight how delicious it really is. I've known some drakes to eat them raw, but for this event, that seemed a little...below expectation. I appreciate the starkness of a single ingredient laid out, but...hmmmm, no. We can make a soup, instead. I started by breaking down the lobster, putting the meat into the _wonderful_ ice chest provided by my ice flight neighbor, and putting the shell to cook and form an amazing lobster stock. I used the time it was simmering to collect some other ingredients, like some lovely local wild garlic, and of course I couldn't pass up the flying butter. I don't know what Arcane did to make food fly, but it came out delicious in the end so we're all winners. If you catch butter like I did, make sure to put the wings to the side- they make a wonderful garnish. Once the broth is close to done, you want to chop the garlic stems and toss them in, and start sauteing the garlic in butter. I enjoy it diced, but some drakes like larger chunks- it's up to you. There were several good veggies in the Horn of Plenty to choose from to add, but you want to make sure you don't go too complex. I chopped and (lightly!) sautéed the bell pepper, maize, and just the _smallest_ amount of potato. Remember, you don't want to add to much, you really want the flavor of the lobster to shine. I added the Blue Flies last minute. They have a stronger iron flavor due to their diet, which some drakes find offputting, but I think they give a good body to the broth if ground finely enough. If you have a mortar and pestle you'll do well, especially if you have a friend who's angry and needs to take it out on something. I added the fly paste to the soup at the end, but you could absolutely add it while the broth is still simmering. It doesn't thicken the broth up substantially, but you can taste the extra protein. Add milk to your preference, and there you go! A simple lobster soup.
65994949_350.png

So, I believe this came out pretty well! I rarely work with non-seafood items, since I mostly cook for myself and my family, but it was very fun to explore some other items. And the hosts supplied such lovely wares! Of course I had to use the Deep Sea Lobster as my main focus, and tried to highlight how delicious it really is.

I've known some drakes to eat them raw, but for this event, that seemed a little...below expectation. I appreciate the starkness of a single ingredient laid out, but...hmmmm, no. We can make a soup, instead.

I started by breaking down the lobster, putting the meat into the _wonderful_ ice chest provided by my ice flight neighbor, and putting the shell to cook and form an amazing lobster stock. I used the time it was simmering to collect some other ingredients, like some lovely local wild garlic, and of course I couldn't pass up the flying butter. I don't know what Arcane did to make food fly, but it came out delicious in the end so we're all winners. If you catch butter like I did, make sure to put the wings to the side- they make a wonderful garnish.

Once the broth is close to done, you want to chop the garlic stems and toss them in, and start sauteing the garlic in butter. I enjoy it diced, but some drakes like larger chunks- it's up to you.

There were several good veggies in the Horn of Plenty to choose from to add, but you want to make sure you don't go too complex. I chopped and (lightly!) sautéed the bell pepper, maize, and just the _smallest_ amount of potato. Remember, you don't want to add to much, you really want the flavor of the lobster to shine.

I added the Blue Flies last minute. They have a stronger iron flavor due to their diet, which some drakes find offputting, but I think they give a good body to the broth if ground finely enough. If you have a mortar and pestle you'll do well, especially if you have a friend who's angry and needs to take it out on something. I added the fly paste to the soup at the end, but you could absolutely add it while the broth is still simmering. It doesn't thicken the broth up substantially, but you can taste the extra protein.

Add milk to your preference, and there you go! A simple lobster soup.

FR+3
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/8PdC9YX6/Venue-Narrow.png[/img] [font=Constantia][color=B4CD3C][size=7][u]Sunday - Grand Opening[/u][/size][/color] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/8PdC9YX6/Venue-Narrow.png[/img] [/center] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]___[/color] [nextcol] [size=5]"No contest?? Low stakes?! I need high steaks! [b]High![/b]"[/size] [/columns] [columns] [color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol] "Not everything's gotta be a fight, Jwaila... You do plenty of low-stakes cooking back at the clan." [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]___[/color] [nextcol] "I cook plenty of steaks back at the clan! All the steaks! Veggie dragons never have a competitive streak..." [/columns] It was quite a different scene compared to the hubbub of harpies that had gathered at the Jamboree last year. Now it seemed like anything with wings was having its time in the limelight. The pair had decided to revisit their stomping grounds from last year to see if they could give victory another try. But to their (Jwaila's) dismay, no judge table was to be found. The officials still wandered the event stands and an announcement was made, but there wasn't much else in the form of structure. Diego rubbed his eyes at his cooking partner's complaints. [columns] [color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol] "Well, hey, we'll figure something out. For now, they gave us some big, juicy, delicious-looking ingredients to fuss around with. I'm certain you'll find some inspiration in the meantime." [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]___[/color] [nextcol] "Oh, will I ever!" [/columns] [quote=Day 1] Use at least [b]THREE[/b] of the following ingredients in your entry: [center] [item=Sublime Peacock][item=Blue Fly][item=Deep sea Lobster][item=Horn of Plenty] [b]Sublime Peacock[/b] / [b]Blue Fly[/b] / Deep Sea Lobster / [b]Horn of Plenty[/b] [/center] [/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/467723/46772243.png[/img][/url][/center] Jwaila barely missed a beat and snatched the peacock off the tray. Before mass-burning the feathers away, Diego stopped her and asked to gently boil the feathers off for him to use. Begrudgingly, she lit a fire under a pot and did as he asked, before slicing the bird into its key components: wings, drumsticks, and breast meat. She fervently seasoned them with salt and garlic before tossing them all onto the grill and glazing them with butter. Once they were cooked to perfection, she laid them onto a plate with a heaping side of Ashfall Pricker dipping sauce. "Sometimes simple and sublime are one and the same." [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/457726/45772591.png[/img][/url][/center] As Jwaila did her thing, Diego left the feathers out to dry near the heat of the grill and turned his attention to the other ingredients. He was no cook, but his artistic heart had an idea. "Wasn't there once a story about a fish who wished to trade his fins for wings and a bird who wanted to trade his wings for fins?" He took several apples from the Cornucopia and tossed them to Jwaila during a period of her downtime. She didn't skip a beat as she unsheathed her saber and peeled them all in seconds each with only one strand of skin. Grabbing the apples and the peels, he cored the apples and tossed them in a blender with a heaping helping of Blue Flies, making a blue-colored apple sauce. He then took a large paintbrush and painted several fish with the apple sauce on the plate around the cooked peacock. He then took the smaller feathers of the peacock and used them as fins for the fish he had painted. He then took the apple peels and cut them into scales and used them as a bed for the cooked peacock. Lastly, he took the magnificent display plumes and used them as the backdrop of the dish. He didn't think dragons ate feathers typically, but if they wanted to eat the feathers, they could count as an edible arrangement! [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]___[/color] [nextcol] "Surf and Turf!" [/columns] [columns] [color=transparent]________________________________________________________[/color] [nextcol] "Wha...?" [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]___[/color] [nextcol] "That's what we'll name the dish! Surf and Turf!" [/columns] Diego just sighed, but then he had an idea. [columns] [color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol] "So, I know you were a bit disappointed by the lack of competition here... so why don't we make the competition? Bring in different members of the clan to try cooking out for themselves? And who knows, you may find yourself an apprentice?" [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46772243][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/467723/46772243p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [color=transparent]___[/color] [nextcol] "Ha! As if I need one of those. But hey... that's not a bad idea. And we can be the judges!" [/columns] [columns] [color=transparent]_____________[/color] [nextcol] "Well, I think having a judge that can actually appreciate and digest seafood would be a good idea too...." [nextcol] [color=transparent]_____[/color] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45772591][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457726/45772591p.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
Venue-Narrow.png

Sunday - Grand Opening

Venue-Narrow.png

46772243p.png ___ "No contest?? Low stakes?! I need high steaks! High!"

_____________ "Not everything's gotta be a fight, Jwaila... You do plenty of low-stakes cooking back at the clan." _____ 45772591p.png

46772243p.png ___ "I cook plenty of steaks back at the clan! All the steaks! Veggie dragons never have a competitive streak..."

It was quite a different scene compared to the hubbub of harpies that had gathered at the Jamboree last year. Now it seemed like anything with wings was having its time in the limelight. The pair had decided to revisit their stomping grounds from last year to see if they could give victory another try. But to their (Jwaila's) dismay, no judge table was to be found. The officials still wandered the event stands and an announcement was made, but there wasn't much else in the form of structure. Diego rubbed his eyes at his cooking partner's complaints.

_____________ "Well, hey, we'll figure something out. For now, they gave us some big, juicy, delicious-looking ingredients to fuss around with. I'm certain you'll find some inspiration in the meantime." _____ 45772591p.png

46772243p.png ___ "Oh, will I ever!"

Day 1 wrote:

46772243.png

Jwaila barely missed a beat and snatched the peacock off the tray. Before mass-burning the feathers away, Diego stopped her and asked to gently boil the feathers off for him to use. Begrudgingly, she lit a fire under a pot and did as he asked, before slicing the bird into its key components: wings, drumsticks, and breast meat.

She fervently seasoned them with salt and garlic before tossing them all onto the grill and glazing them with butter. Once they were cooked to perfection, she laid them onto a plate with a heaping side of Ashfall Pricker dipping sauce.

"Sometimes simple and sublime are one and the same."

45772591.png

As Jwaila did her thing, Diego left the feathers out to dry near the heat of the grill and turned his attention to the other ingredients. He was no cook, but his artistic heart had an idea.

"Wasn't there once a story about a fish who wished to trade his fins for wings and a bird who wanted to trade his wings for fins?"

He took several apples from the Cornucopia and tossed them to Jwaila during a period of her downtime. She didn't skip a beat as she unsheathed her saber and peeled them all in seconds each with only one strand of skin. Grabbing the apples and the peels, he cored the apples and tossed them in a blender with a heaping helping of Blue Flies, making a blue-colored apple sauce. He then took a large paintbrush and painted several fish with the apple sauce on the plate around the cooked peacock. He then took the smaller feathers of the peacock and used them as fins for the fish he had painted. He then took the apple peels and cut them into scales and used them as a bed for the cooked peacock. Lastly, he took the magnificent display plumes and used them as the backdrop of the dish. He didn't think dragons ate feathers typically, but if they wanted to eat the feathers, they could count as an edible arrangement!

46772243p.png ___ "Surf and Turf!"

________________________________________________________ "Wha...?" _____ 45772591p.png

46772243p.png ___ "That's what we'll name the dish! Surf and Turf!"

Diego just sighed, but then he had an idea.

_____________ "So, I know you were a bit disappointed by the lack of competition here... so why don't we make the competition? Bring in different members of the clan to try cooking out for themselves? And who knows, you may find yourself an apprentice?" _____ 45772591p.png

46772243p.png ___ "Ha! As if I need one of those. But hey... that's not a bad idea. And we can be the judges!"

_____________ "Well, I think having a judge that can actually appreciate and digest seafood would be a good idea too...." _____ 45772591p.png
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
[center][color=#8ecd55][b][size=7]Mistral Meals Day 1: Sunday[/size][/b][/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91943605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/919437/91943605_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][item=Sublime Peacock][item=blue fly][item=Deep Sea Lobster][item=Horn of Plenty][/center] "Let's see, let's see what have for today. Oh? Sublime Peacock, Blue Fly, Deep sea Lobster and Horn of Plenty? Easy! Meat and insects are my favourite! Let's start right now!" Radiant exclaimed happily, bouncing on his toes. Radiant laid out the ingredients carefully on the table as if it might break any moment if not for his gentle talons. He tapped his claws on his chin, thinking of which he should start off with first. "Ah! The Sublime Peacock first obviously! It's meat! I will make it into Peacock Pancake, the appetizer! It's going to be really delicious! Trust me!" Radiant announced like a bird who's impatient to know how to fly. Radiant grabbed the Sublime Peacock by its neck, plucked out its featheres one by one until the chest and wing part of the Sublime Peacock is left with not even a single feather. He picked up a kitchen knife and started slicing off bits of the freshest meat he could find on the Sublime Peacock. He then moulded some wheat into dough and shaped it nicely to into the shape of a plate. Carefully, he placed the pecies of Sublime Peacock inside and squirted ketchup all over the pie in delight, "Amazing!" He muttered to himself. "Next dish will be the main course! I will use the Horn of Plenty and the blue fly!" Radiant announced to himself. He took a small bowl, dropped the blue fly and Horn of Plenty inside and starting smashing them into a million tiny pecies. Radiant rummaged through his cabinets and found a whole bottle of rice and poured them into a frying pan, followed by the smashed blue fly and horn of plenty. He turned on the fire, added sauce to the rice and started stirring it to make sure the heat of the fire is evened out. "Insect and Veggie Fried Rice! Complete!" "As for the last one, I will roast the deep blue lobster!" Radiant picked up the lobster and started removing its shell one by one, carefull not to let it hurt his talons. He started a fire and placed a pot full of water on it, waiting for the water to boil. He threw the lobster in and added sauce to it. After a while, Radiant took the lobster out and laid out on a plate. "Ta-da!" Radiant exclaimed happily, "The dishes are done!"
Mistral Meals Day 1: Sunday91943605_350.png

"Let's see, let's see what have for today. Oh? Sublime Peacock, Blue Fly, Deep sea Lobster and Horn of Plenty? Easy! Meat and insects are my favourite! Let's start right now!" Radiant exclaimed happily, bouncing on his toes.

Radiant laid out the ingredients carefully on the table as if it might break any moment if not for his gentle talons. He tapped his claws on his chin, thinking of which he should start off with first.

"Ah! The Sublime Peacock first obviously! It's meat! I will make it into Peacock Pancake, the appetizer! It's going to be really delicious! Trust me!" Radiant announced like a bird who's impatient to know how to fly. Radiant grabbed the Sublime Peacock by its neck, plucked out its featheres one by one until the chest and wing part of the Sublime Peacock is left with not even a single feather. He picked up a kitchen knife and started slicing off bits of the freshest meat he could find on the Sublime Peacock. He then moulded some wheat into dough and shaped it nicely to into the shape of a plate. Carefully, he placed the pecies of Sublime Peacock inside and squirted ketchup all over the pie in delight, "Amazing!" He muttered to himself.

"Next dish will be the main course! I will use the Horn of Plenty and the blue fly!" Radiant announced to himself. He took a small bowl, dropped the blue fly and Horn of Plenty inside and starting smashing them into a million tiny pecies. Radiant rummaged through his cabinets and found a whole bottle of rice and poured them into a frying pan, followed by the smashed blue fly and horn of plenty. He turned on the fire, added sauce to the rice and started stirring it to make sure the heat of the fire is evened out. "Insect and Veggie Fried Rice! Complete!"

"As for the last one, I will roast the deep blue lobster!" Radiant picked up the lobster and started removing its shell one by one, carefull not to let it hurt his talons. He started a fire and placed a pot full of water on it, waiting for the water to boil. He threw the lobster in and added sauce to it. After a while, Radiant took the lobster out and laid out on a plate.

"Ta-da!" Radiant exclaimed happily, "The dishes are done!"
wU5i5vK.gif UwlzUwS.png
woVoZAh.png
JHqnR5C.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87913830][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/879139/87913830_350.png[/img][/url] [item=blue fly][item=deep sea lobster][item=horn of plenty][/center] Brenebon is [i]very[/i] excited to get the opportunity to participate in this event on behalf of her clan, though mostly it's because she's never done any cooking at all before, and she loves to try new things. Unfortunately, no one thought to coach her before they sent her in. She shakes the horn of plenty until enough vegetables fall out, and discards the rest in a neat little pile to her left. She tucks the piece-of-pumpkin next to the bright red peppers. If she's not going to get credit for anything else, she's going to go for aesthetic presentation at least. She pops a few flies in her mouth as she works. Crunchy. The lobster she knows is meant to be fancy - but she's not quite sure how it works. Spirals don't eat seafood. The shell is nice and shiny, though, so she empties out all that gunk inside and polishes it until it shines. She fishes the horn from earlier out of the discard pile and props that up next to all her mangled veggies. And some flies on top! Sprinkle sprinkle. This is... certainly something that she's created here.
87913830_350.png

Blue Fly Deep Sea Lobster Horn of Plenty

Brenebon is very excited to get the opportunity to participate in this event on behalf of her clan, though mostly it's because she's never done any cooking at all before, and she loves to try new things.

Unfortunately, no one thought to coach her before they sent her in. She shakes the horn of plenty until enough vegetables fall out, and discards the rest in a neat little pile to her left. She tucks the piece-of-pumpkin next to the bright red peppers. If she's not going to get credit for anything else, she's going to go for aesthetic presentation at least.

She pops a few flies in her mouth as she works. Crunchy.

The lobster she knows is meant to be fancy - but she's not quite sure how it works. Spirals don't eat seafood. The shell is nice and shiny, though, so she empties out all that gunk inside and polishes it until it shines. She fishes the horn from earlier out of the discard pile and props that up next to all her mangled veggies.

And some flies on top! Sprinkle sprinkle. This is... certainly something that she's created here.
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24