Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA | BARGHEST] A Scattering Of Ashes
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26

Their foe was a formidable one. Neither Konstantin nor Shun were able to find any purchase with their attacks, much to their frustration. Sometime during the skirmish, the mirror grumbled something along the lines of 'this is why I hate sand'. They still tried as well they could. Shun attempted to get any angle of advantage against the beast he could, while Konstantin took a more upfront approach.

Rogue, on the other hand, was able to land a blow. He drew the beast's attention and perhaps acted as a distraction for a moment as he planned. Perhaps it helped. Maybe not. Either way, he ended up a little overwhelmed by the speed in which the beast retaliated. Jaws came snapping his way in an instant, and he wasn't quite quick enough to avoid being wounded.

When it was all over, his attention turned to Raphael, recalling Hochmael's words earlier. An affliction that only affected Imperials - he had heard of something of the sort, but he lacked any real knowledge on the matter. It wasn't an area he had done a lot of studies in.

The wound itself wasn't deep nor dire on its own; he just needed it to be cleaned and patched up. He'd walk with a limp for a few days... but if the rumors uttered were any indicator, this may not be a mere flesh wound.

"Fraid I got caught by its fangs," he replied, "Don't suppose y'know any remedies that'll help with this, do ya?"

@ClockworkEclipse - Rogue replied to Raphael

Their foe was a formidable one. Neither Konstantin nor Shun were able to find any purchase with their attacks, much to their frustration. Sometime during the skirmish, the mirror grumbled something along the lines of 'this is why I hate sand'. They still tried as well they could. Shun attempted to get any angle of advantage against the beast he could, while Konstantin took a more upfront approach.

Rogue, on the other hand, was able to land a blow. He drew the beast's attention and perhaps acted as a distraction for a moment as he planned. Perhaps it helped. Maybe not. Either way, he ended up a little overwhelmed by the speed in which the beast retaliated. Jaws came snapping his way in an instant, and he wasn't quite quick enough to avoid being wounded.

When it was all over, his attention turned to Raphael, recalling Hochmael's words earlier. An affliction that only affected Imperials - he had heard of something of the sort, but he lacked any real knowledge on the matter. It wasn't an area he had done a lot of studies in.

The wound itself wasn't deep nor dire on its own; he just needed it to be cleaned and patched up. He'd walk with a limp for a few days... but if the rumors uttered were any indicator, this may not be a mere flesh wound.

"Fraid I got caught by its fangs," he replied, "Don't suppose y'know any remedies that'll help with this, do ya?"

@ClockworkEclipse - Rogue replied to Raphael
aDfZQhN.png xxxxxxxxxxxxx Blade
He/him || FR+2
Accents
Hatchery
kI1SYJ7.png
[center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/dtzW25kD/Grotesque-2-R.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=transparent]/[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55932519]RP RESPONSE[/url][color=transparent]/[/color][/b][/size][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zXLtHsf9/Grotesque-2-L.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/MpzRybFH/narrow1.png[/img][/center] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]R[/size][size=4]aphael looked at the other imperial, feeling his heart sink a bit. Well, this wasn't the best outcome, but perhaps the others hadn't heard it was a bite? He certainly hoped Inghinn and Rowan hadn't heard Rogue, at least. He was worried about what it might mean for those who were bit, especially with how they described the beasts themselves. He moved closer, keeping his voice low in the hopes of not being heard as he spoke.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"With the scratch itself, yes. As for what comes with it... I'm hoping I can find something myself."[/i][/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]H[/size][size=4]e shifted his leg, his own scratches still stinging. The fox, the one in the well that had scratched at his backside as he was pulled away, had gotten him too. For all the imperials in this group, especially those who found themselves bitten or scratched by these hounds, he hoped he could find some way to help. He didn't want any of them to be turned into something like the ones who bit them, after all.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"All I know is that it might be best to be watched over at night, mostly by someone who can stop... well, anything they come across, if possible. Hochmael might know more than me on that front."[/i][/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]A[/size][size=4]pparently the Ophanim didn't take on too many imperials for a reason, seeing as that one cathedral mutt had made their fates very clear. Then again, hadn't that obelisk found a way around it? It didn't seem pleasant, but it was still better than wrecking havoc on others through dreams. But for now... He gave his best smile to the other imperial.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"Maybe a lot of java sparrows for your friends so they don't doze off around you? I know Razael makes some crazy treats out of that sort of thing. I think his husband didn't sleep for days after a box of Java Bites."[/i][/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]M[/size][size=4]aybe, at least for now, the best remedy for their situation was a smile. Best not to frighten everyone, right? And he wasn't wrong; Razael really did make the strangest sweets when he was stress baking. He wouldn't put it past Razael to stress bake until the next full moon after all this. He reached into his vestments, fishing about until he found what he was looking for: a beaker of swirling orange liquid. He passed it off to Rogue, nodding his head.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"Until he can get himself back to a stovetop, or a proper kitchen for that matter, this should at least help with the pain from that scratch."[/i][/size] [columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/yYMckCFm/extra-birb.png[/img][nextcol][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4][b]@Kuroda Raphael doesn't seem to be that informed on what exactly happens, but points Rogue to Hochmael. He doesn't seem too confident in just sharing when someone's bitten, either, but will still help. Even if it's with a poorly timed joke, and perhaps a health potion to stop the stinging for the both of them.[/b][/size][/columns]
Raphael looked at the other imperial, feeling his heart sink a bit. Well, this wasn't the best outcome, but perhaps the others hadn't heard it was a bite? He certainly hoped Inghinn and Rowan hadn't heard Rogue, at least. He was worried about what it might mean for those who were bit, especially with how they described the beasts themselves. He moved closer, keeping his voice low in the hopes of not being heard as he spoke.

"With the scratch itself, yes. As for what comes with it... I'm hoping I can find something myself."

He shifted his leg, his own scratches still stinging. The fox, the one in the well that had scratched at his backside as he was pulled away, had gotten him too. For all the imperials in this group, especially those who found themselves bitten or scratched by these hounds, he hoped he could find some way to help. He didn't want any of them to be turned into something like the ones who bit them, after all.

"All I know is that it might be best to be watched over at night, mostly by someone who can stop... well, anything they come across, if possible. Hochmael might know more than me on that front."

Apparently the Ophanim didn't take on too many imperials for a reason, seeing as that one cathedral mutt had made their fates very clear. Then again, hadn't that obelisk found a way around it? It didn't seem pleasant, but it was still better than wrecking havoc on others through dreams. But for now... He gave his best smile to the other imperial.

"Maybe a lot of java sparrows for your friends so they don't doze off around you? I know Razael makes some crazy treats out of that sort of thing. I think his husband didn't sleep for days after a box of Java Bites."

Maybe, at least for now, the best remedy for their situation was a smile. Best not to frighten everyone, right? And he wasn't wrong; Razael really did make the strangest sweets when he was stress baking. He wouldn't put it past Razael to stress bake until the next full moon after all this. He reached into his vestments, fishing about until he found what he was looking for: a beaker of swirling orange liquid. He passed it off to Rogue, nodding his head.

"Until he can get himself back to a stovetop, or a proper kitchen for that matter, this should at least help with the pain from that scratch."
extra-birb.png @Kuroda Raphael doesn't seem to be that informed on what exactly happens, but points Rogue to Hochmael. He doesn't seem too confident in just sharing when someone's bitten, either, but will still help. Even if it's with a poorly timed joke, and perhaps a health potion to stop the stinging for the both of them.
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[center][size=7] [b][font=sylfaen] DAY 4 - A PALACE OF GLASS [/b][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58152644][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/581527/58152644_350.png[/img][/url] Father Herald is absent the next morning, though as you join your comrades inside the monastery, you note that Inghinn is clutching an envelope. “The priest will not be able to join us this morning, but he sends his blessing on our departure. We will be traveling to a rather unusual location today, and this will serve as our guide”. Inghinn notes. She turns over the envelope and a small silver compass falls out into her outstretched hand. Your party charters a small boat docked in Oyster Harbor and Inghinn pulls a sheet of folded parchment from the envelope as well, passing it to the ship’s captain. “Interesting set of coordinates there” the captain comments before readying the remainder of the crew for departure. It’s a long journey by sea to the Southern Icefields and you note that your breath has become visible in the cold air, large sheets of ice floating on the water’s surface. Finally, you make land fall. You decide to stay the night in a small town at the base of the Cloudscrape Craigs before your party sets off once more at first light to scale the great mountain range. Inghinn and Rowan have wrapped themselves in thick coats, but they both still shiver with the cold as Inghinn leads you with the compass. Finally, find yourselves on the precipice of a cliff side high up in the peaks of the Cloudscrape Craigs. You can see a portion of the mountainside before it trails off into a shroud of mist below. Before you, as if embedded into the peak of the mountain, sits a palace. It is a simply built fortress of stone and iron with many of its towers now encased in a thick sheet of ice. You note that the stairway to the main entrance remains unobscured and leads up towards a massive black iron door. Rowan is the first to speak up after brushing a layer of fine snow from his garments. “Prepare yourselves - this will be our most dangerous mission and it is likely that the darkness lurking here is already aware of our presence. Our group is large enough to safely split into two parties to explore, but be at the ready for initiative and be cautious of any reflective surfaces.” Inghinn nods, “I will accompany a group alongside Hemlock in an exploration of the upper halls of the palace while Rowan and Amaranth lead a second group in investigating the lower floors. We will reconvene to evaluate the throne room. . . As we suspect that this will be the most perilous location.” She looks to you and asks, “which group will you accompany?” > The lower floors > The upper halls Inghinn accepts your answer with a nod before you set off towards the palace. You climb the stairs and find that the massive iron door is slightly ajar. It still takes three of you pressing against it before it swings open slowly with a low groan. Inside, the entry hall is a mess of broken glass and tattered, muddied carpets. An iron chandelier still hangs ominously overhead, each rusted sconce adorned with ivory antlers and the remnants of old candle wax. Another massive iron door sits before you, but it appears to be tightly closed. Off to the side, a grand staircase leads to the upper floors and there are two corridors branching out from the main entrance. Rowan and Inghinn exchange wary looks before your party splits in two. [center][size=5] [b][font=sylfaen]DAY 4 MOODBOARD [/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6aMXjuG.png[/img] [center]@pinglist-10810[/center] Managed to find some time after work to post the next day! Day 4 will remain open for replies until rollover on Friday, January 12th at which point replies will be posted!
DAY 4 - A PALACE OF GLASS

58152644_350.png

Father Herald is absent the next morning, though as you join your comrades inside the monastery, you note that Inghinn is clutching an envelope. “The priest will not be able to join us this morning, but he sends his blessing on our departure. We will be traveling to a rather unusual location today, and this will serve as our guide”. Inghinn notes. She turns over the envelope and a small silver compass falls out into her outstretched hand.

Your party charters a small boat docked in Oyster Harbor and Inghinn pulls a sheet of folded parchment from the envelope as well, passing it to the ship’s captain. “Interesting set of coordinates there” the captain comments before readying the remainder of the crew for departure.

It’s a long journey by sea to the Southern Icefields and you note that your breath has become visible in the cold air, large sheets of ice floating on the water’s surface. Finally, you make land fall. You decide to stay the night in a small town at the base of the Cloudscrape Craigs before your party sets off once more at first light to scale the great mountain range. Inghinn and Rowan have wrapped themselves in thick coats, but they both still shiver with the cold as Inghinn leads you with the compass.

Finally, find yourselves on the precipice of a cliff side high up in the peaks of the Cloudscrape Craigs. You can see a portion of the mountainside before it trails off into a shroud of mist below. Before you, as if embedded into the peak of the mountain, sits a palace.

It is a simply built fortress of stone and iron with many of its towers now encased in a thick sheet of ice. You note that the stairway to the main entrance remains unobscured and leads up towards a massive black iron door.

Rowan is the first to speak up after brushing a layer of fine snow from his garments. “Prepare yourselves - this will be our most dangerous mission and it is likely that the darkness lurking here is already aware of our presence. Our group is large enough to safely split into two parties to explore, but be at the ready for initiative and be cautious of any reflective surfaces.”

Inghinn nods, “I will accompany a group alongside Hemlock in an exploration of the upper halls of the palace while Rowan and Amaranth lead a second group in investigating the lower floors. We will reconvene to evaluate the throne room. . . As we suspect that this will be the most perilous location.” She looks to you and asks, “which group will you accompany?”

> The lower floors
> The upper halls

Inghinn accepts your answer with a nod before you set off towards the palace. You climb the stairs and find that the massive iron door is slightly ajar. It still takes three of you pressing against it before it swings open slowly with a low groan. Inside, the entry hall is a mess of broken glass and tattered, muddied carpets. An iron chandelier still hangs ominously overhead, each rusted sconce adorned with ivory antlers and the remnants of old candle wax. Another massive iron door sits before you, but it appears to be tightly closed. Off to the side, a grand staircase leads to the upper floors and there are two corridors branching out from the main entrance. Rowan and Inghinn exchange wary looks before your party splits in two.
DAY 4 MOODBOARD

6aMXjuG.png

Managed to find some time after work to post the next day! Day 4 will remain open for replies until rollover on Friday, January 12th at which point replies will be posted!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/15#post_55927671][b]Day 3 - Epilogue[/b][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65553076][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/655531/65553076.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52925150][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/529252/52925150.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hah! Go back to your pit, you putrid beast!" Pravuil snarls. He charges forward as if to harry the hydra further, but Cantor grabs his tail. "Let it go. I think we've all had enough," the ex-Chancellor sternly remarks. He nods towards the injured dragons. Pravuil snorts, but his fur stops bristling, and he rejoins the larger group. As he does, though, he gives one hind leg a shake. "One of those things is stuck on me!" "It seems to like you, poor thing," Cantor says, carefully unwinding the snake. Absently, he adds, "Wonder what happened to that moth I caught." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91780473]"What moth?"[/url] "I found one earlier in the palace, but it slipped out of my hand as we were running to join the fray. Well, I hope it managed to find its way. This desert doesn't seem very hospitable." Pravuil nods stiffly. The two of them look back at the mirages shimmering over the city. They seem only mildly curious, almost dispassionate, about this strange phenomenon; and after only brief glances, they turn and follow the rest of the group out of Dhune. [center]~ ~ ~ [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55935110]Day 4 - A Palace of Glass[/url][/b][/center] After the desert, the Southern Icefield is a rather shocking shift. Pravuil seems fine, what with all that hair, but Cantor has to muffle himself in several layers of clothing. Wanting a distraction from the cold, the Pearlcatcher approaches [b]Hochmael[/b] (@ClockworkEclipse). "I noted that you're Ice-born, friend," he says politely. "I haven't visited this part of the world in years, I'm afraid. This fortress we're approaching...Is it familiar at all to you?" Meanwhile, in the background, Pravuil is sighing, "Another accursed palace." He scowls up at the building and mutters, "Probably best to stick to [b]the lower halls[/b]." He mutters, not entirely discreetly, [size=2]"That way if trouble erupts, it'll be easier to get out."[/size]

"Hah! Go back to your pit, you putrid beast!" Pravuil snarls. He charges forward as if to harry the hydra further, but Cantor grabs his tail.

"Let it go. I think we've all had enough," the ex-Chancellor sternly remarks. He nods towards the injured dragons. Pravuil snorts, but his fur stops bristling, and he rejoins the larger group.

As he does, though, he gives one hind leg a shake. "One of those things is stuck on me!"

"It seems to like you, poor thing," Cantor says, carefully unwinding the snake. Absently, he adds, "Wonder what happened to that moth I caught."

"What moth?"

"I found one earlier in the palace, but it slipped out of my hand as we were running to join the fray. Well, I hope it managed to find its way. This desert doesn't seem very hospitable."

Pravuil nods stiffly. The two of them look back at the mirages shimmering over the city. They seem only mildly curious, almost dispassionate, about this strange phenomenon; and after only brief glances, they turn and follow the rest of the group out of Dhune.

After the desert, the Southern Icefield is a rather shocking shift. Pravuil seems fine, what with all that hair, but Cantor has to muffle himself in several layers of clothing.

Wanting a distraction from the cold, the Pearlcatcher approaches Hochmael (@ClockworkEclipse). "I noted that you're Ice-born, friend," he says politely. "I haven't visited this part of the world in years, I'm afraid. This fortress we're approaching...Is it familiar at all to you?"

Meanwhile, in the background, Pravuil is sighing, "Another accursed palace." He scowls up at the building and mutters, "Probably best to stick to the lower halls."

He mutters, not entirely discreetly, "That way if trouble erupts, it'll be easier to get out."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/dtzW25kD/Grotesque-2-R.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=transparent]/[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55935110]DAY FOUR[/url][color=transparent]/[/color][/b][/size][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zXLtHsf9/Grotesque-2-L.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/MpzRybFH/narrow1.png[/img][/center] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]T[/size][size=4]he trio seem somewhat concerned that Father Herald isn't there to personally speak with them for their departure to this dangerous location, but in truth they also seem somewhat relieved. With Raphael's bites, and the moth Razael has come to realize only they seem to be able to see, the trio can't help but question whether these beasts the priests are so familiar with may have found a way to turn the very drakes who brought them on against them.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]T[/size][size=4]hey didn't know what to think, in the end, as they heard they'd be going to the Icewarden's domain. Raphael uses his wisps to try and maintain some semblance of heat for the group, especially with Razael trying to scry his partner once more along the way. He wished he could tell the wildclaw about this venture, and just how perilous it had become in the end. However, he knew better than to drag his impulsive partner into it all. He was sure, if the power existed, the poor dear would make mountains weep if it meant sparing the coatl any semblance of pain.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]O[/size][size=4]f course it couldn't just be by boat. They'd had many port ships come in back home, often bringing news from the Southern Icefield. It was how they'd learned of the ancients and their return to Sornieth, leaving their own sanctuaries in search of their modern cousins. The three knew better than most how harrowing that was, in their own right. For entire dragon societies to do what so few had done in the past...[/size] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/8kWr908s/Untitled1.png[/img][/center] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]W[/size][size=4]hile they traveled, their voices turning to hushed whispers whenever they mentioned the beasts they were so very familiar with by now, they found they each had stories to share of the Iceflight territories. They seemed more than happy to share what they knew, to a degree, to try and help distract from the cold. It was the least they could do, what with the havoc that had befallen the group so far.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]R[/size][size=4]azael told stories of his travels along the Frigid Floes to the Snowsquall Tundra, telling tales of frozen treats he'd discovered tucked away in the quaint villages that settled there. Sometimes, they were simple things, recipes passed down through the generations that small families hoped wouldn't fade with them. Others were surprising mistakes, like when his own flask had accidentally fallen into the water below. If it weren't for the rope tied to the lip, it'd have been lost entirely! However, the frozen treat it had become was something the coatl couldn't help but share with his companions at the time. An eccentric who loved his sweets, that was what he was known for there. But they weren't stopping in those port towns or little humble abodes, and his tales were only to lighten spirits.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]R[/size][size=4]aphael's tales weren't his own, by the sound of it. Not entirely. While his partner had been born under the Stormcatcher's watchful gaze, it sounded like he'd lived in the Snowsquall Tundra for quite some time. He had many stories, it seemed, of little villages and stubborn drakes who refused to buckle to the unforgiving landscape around them. The Scarred Waste was cruel, but so too was the land of the Icewarden, the cold as unforgiving as the sickness of the Wyrmwound itself. And yet Raphael told tales of kindness his partner had shared, allowing strangers to spend the night out of the cold with a cup of warm tea and enough furs to drown an entire family of imperials in fluff. There were rumors he'd wanted to investigate, of course, but he'd always been drawn to Raphael. He never did look into the villages that lost touch with him. He did, however, grow wary at night, forcing Raphael to rest instead of preening himself one more time in the mirror. He didn't understand the habit, of course, but even there the imperial found himself covering whatever reflective surfaces there were around him at night. It truly was just a habit...[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]H[/size][size=4]ochmael seemed to know more, to a degree. He told of the gaolers, and how some had actually adapted to live among the modern drakes of Sornieth long before their reemergence through magic scrolls that changed their very forms, leaving their old lives behind. He told of strange beasts shackled away deep within the Fortress of Ends, with few ever finding themselves free to roam where innocent drakes walked. He spoke of journeys underwent long before any of them had taken their first breaths, many brave dragons trying to make their way across Reclaimer's Glacier to join the ranks of the Icewarden himself. He hesitated, however, on one tale. The Cloudscrape Crags, where clans made their homes at their base. He'd lived there once, long ago, always wondering about the drakes who had settled in the peaks. They were simply stories then, legends of monsters coming down to destroy entire villages. He couldn't recall the name of the settlement, but he did know one thing. Only mad drakes with no hope left made their way to the peaks. He soon stopped telling those stories when he realized, to his own worry, that it seemed those peaks were exactly where their group was headed next.[/size] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zGphpbsj/narrow2.png[/img][/center] [columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/NfVq28kj/avatar-border-top.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/j23VXyVv/avatar-border-sides.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67885654][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/678857/67885654p.png[/img][/url][img]https://i.postimg.cc/j23VXyVv/avatar-border-sides.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/RhZ5KXYN/Avatar-border-bottom.png[/img][nextcol][font=Monotype Corsiva][color=transparent]//[/color][nextcol][size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva]Hochmael stared up at the palace, his spear held tighter in his talons. It matched the stories, even if the name eluded him. The fortress where only the desperate went, where the hardiest of dragons settled where once thought impossible. Such old stories, of a clan long lost, no longer able to defend the clans below the peak. He looked over to Cantor when the pearlcatcher spoke, nodding his head. "I lived in my homeland for a long time, so I heard stories of many things. I don't recall the name, but I heard of only one place so high up in the Cloudscrape Crags. The drakes here once protected those below, if this is that fortress. But they fell long ago, and whatever caused it never did make it to the stories I heard. I only knew that the stories of covering mirrors as a child came after their fall." He looked into the room, squinting at the two paths they could take. Mirrors. Mirror stairwells, mirror shards. All mirrors, and all putting the drake on edge. [b][u]"I think I will go to the upper floors. I'm accustomed to the cold, and if the shards are anything to go by, I doubt the windows up there are in any condition to block the wind."[/u][/b] (@Disillusionist - Hochmael to Cantor and Pravuil)[/columns] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/MpzRybFH/narrow1.png[/img][/center] [columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/NfVq28kj/avatar-border-top.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/j23VXyVv/avatar-border-sides.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47232154][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/472322/47232154p.png[/img][/url][img]https://i.postimg.cc/j23VXyVv/avatar-border-sides.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/RhZ5KXYN/Avatar-border-bottom.png[/img][nextcol][font=Monotype Corsiva][color=transparent]//[/color][nextcol][size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva]Raphael cannot help but stare at the massive palace, his wings drawn in tightly as he listens to the others. Danger, darkness that has already spotted them. This wasn't the well, but if they were following the same trend, this would be another beast guarding the ashes. He couldn't stop a faint shiver from running through him as he heard the word of caution on reflective surfaces. They were surrounded by ice, already quite reflective, but the panic in his partner's eyes when it came to mirrors, even in the Arcanist's domain... "I think I know the stories, in a way. My partner, bless his heart, lived in the Icefields for a time. He'd always heard stories of the place. Lightning-eyed, fuzzy-coated at the time, but with the yearning for knowledge that can only be found in Lightflight drakes. Always wondered what stories the forsaken and desolate would have stowed away in a palace at the peak. Then again... he still makes me cover the mirror at night, even when we're across Sornieth. Think he said there were mages there, but that's about all I know." He winced when he saw the shards on the ground, antlers in the chandelier above. Why did the antlers have to come back? He couldn't help but feel they looked like those he'd shed occasionally, which only set him further on edge. [b][u]"Right. You go up, I'll go down. I have my wisps to help light things up if it gets too dark down there, and last I checked fire is perfect against ice and snow."[/u][/b] (@Disillusionist - Raphael to Cantor and Pravuil)[/columns] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zGphpbsj/narrow2.png[/img][/center] [columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/NfVq28kj/avatar-border-top.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/j23VXyVv/avatar-border-sides.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61101931][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/611020/61101931p.png[/img][/url][img]https://i.postimg.cc/j23VXyVv/avatar-border-sides.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/RhZ5KXYN/Avatar-border-bottom.png[/img][nextcol][font=Monotype Corsiva][color=transparent]//[/color][nextcol][size=4][font=Monotype Corsiva]Razael couldn't help but be in awe of the palace, even if it was in ruins. He hardly noticed the conversation around him as he patted the vial. Insulation was definitely vital for that flower, and his new friend. Then again, moths usually passed away by now. Whatever it was, he was happy the little one was still doing well. Reassured that it was still in his pocket, he approached the doors, listening to his own companions. "Mages, you say? If you mean by older terms, then that'd mean some very powerful drakes. Those of us back home try our best to match those ancient mages with our own advancements and all, but the rumors... It would have to be mages that settled in a place as unforgiving as this. Oh, if only I'd been born in another flight, in another time! Perhaps I could've learned more from those here..." He earned himself a small bop from Raphael at that. It seemed the imperial's partner wasn't the only truth-seeker at heart. The coatl shook his head, nodding. "Right, the architecture says enough on that front, dears. So, if they fell... it sounds like the darkness that took them lingers, so we should be careful." He paused as he looked between the mirrored stairs. "Hm. Careful of reflections, yet we're surrounded by a ruined palace whose whole theme seems to be mirrors. Mirrored stairs, broken mirrors, all surrounded by ice. Might as well wander into the Gladekeeper's domain and tell us to beware the flowers." He couldn't help but chuckle a little at that, trying to lighten the mood before speaking up. [b][u]"I'll join Raphael down below. Hard for a strong wind to blow you about down there, I think, and we both know Hochmael can handle himself well enough."[/u][/b] The scoff from the two imperials earned them both a soft bop with his staff. It seems the coatl had made his choice. (@Disillusionist - Razael to Cantor and Pravuil)[/columns]
The trio seem somewhat concerned that Father Herald isn't there to personally speak with them for their departure to this dangerous location, but in truth they also seem somewhat relieved. With Raphael's bites, and the moth Razael has come to realize only they seem to be able to see, the trio can't help but question whether these beasts the priests are so familiar with may have found a way to turn the very drakes who brought them on against them.

They didn't know what to think, in the end, as they heard they'd be going to the Icewarden's domain. Raphael uses his wisps to try and maintain some semblance of heat for the group, especially with Razael trying to scry his partner once more along the way. He wished he could tell the wildclaw about this venture, and just how perilous it had become in the end. However, he knew better than to drag his impulsive partner into it all. He was sure, if the power existed, the poor dear would make mountains weep if it meant sparing the coatl any semblance of pain.

Of course it couldn't just be by boat. They'd had many port ships come in back home, often bringing news from the Southern Icefield. It was how they'd learned of the ancients and their return to Sornieth, leaving their own sanctuaries in search of their modern cousins. The three knew better than most how harrowing that was, in their own right. For entire dragon societies to do what so few had done in the past...
Untitled1.png
While they traveled, their voices turning to hushed whispers whenever they mentioned the beasts they were so very familiar with by now, they found they each had stories to share of the Iceflight territories. They seemed more than happy to share what they knew, to a degree, to try and help distract from the cold. It was the least they could do, what with the havoc that had befallen the group so far.

Razael told stories of his travels along the Frigid Floes to the Snowsquall Tundra, telling tales of frozen treats he'd discovered tucked away in the quaint villages that settled there. Sometimes, they were simple things, recipes passed down through the generations that small families hoped wouldn't fade with them. Others were surprising mistakes, like when his own flask had accidentally fallen into the water below. If it weren't for the rope tied to the lip, it'd have been lost entirely! However, the frozen treat it had become was something the coatl couldn't help but share with his companions at the time. An eccentric who loved his sweets, that was what he was known for there. But they weren't stopping in those port towns or little humble abodes, and his tales were only to lighten spirits.

Raphael's tales weren't his own, by the sound of it. Not entirely. While his partner had been born under the Stormcatcher's watchful gaze, it sounded like he'd lived in the Snowsquall Tundra for quite some time. He had many stories, it seemed, of little villages and stubborn drakes who refused to buckle to the unforgiving landscape around them. The Scarred Waste was cruel, but so too was the land of the Icewarden, the cold as unforgiving as the sickness of the Wyrmwound itself. And yet Raphael told tales of kindness his partner had shared, allowing strangers to spend the night out of the cold with a cup of warm tea and enough furs to drown an entire family of imperials in fluff. There were rumors he'd wanted to investigate, of course, but he'd always been drawn to Raphael. He never did look into the villages that lost touch with him. He did, however, grow wary at night, forcing Raphael to rest instead of preening himself one more time in the mirror. He didn't understand the habit, of course, but even there the imperial found himself covering whatever reflective surfaces there were around him at night. It truly was just a habit...

Hochmael seemed to know more, to a degree. He told of the gaolers, and how some had actually adapted to live among the modern drakes of Sornieth long before their reemergence through magic scrolls that changed their very forms, leaving their old lives behind. He told of strange beasts shackled away deep within the Fortress of Ends, with few ever finding themselves free to roam where innocent drakes walked. He spoke of journeys underwent long before any of them had taken their first breaths, many brave dragons trying to make their way across Reclaimer's Glacier to join the ranks of the Icewarden himself. He hesitated, however, on one tale. The Cloudscrape Crags, where clans made their homes at their base. He'd lived there once, long ago, always wondering about the drakes who had settled in the peaks. They were simply stories then, legends of monsters coming down to destroy entire villages. He couldn't recall the name of the settlement, but he did know one thing. Only mad drakes with no hope left made their way to the peaks. He soon stopped telling those stories when he realized, to his own worry, that it seemed those peaks were exactly where their group was headed next.
narrow2.png
avatar-border-sides.png67885654p.pngavatar-border-sides.png
// Hochmael stared up at the palace, his spear held tighter in his talons. It matched the stories, even if the name eluded him. The fortress where only the desperate went, where the hardiest of dragons settled where once thought impossible. Such old stories, of a clan long lost, no longer able to defend the clans below the peak. He looked over to Cantor when the pearlcatcher spoke, nodding his head. "I lived in my homeland for a long time, so I heard stories of many things. I don't recall the name, but I heard of only one place so high up in the Cloudscrape Crags. The drakes here once protected those below, if this is that fortress. But they fell long ago, and whatever caused it never did make it to the stories I heard. I only knew that the stories of covering mirrors as a child came after their fall." He looked into the room, squinting at the two paths they could take. Mirrors. Mirror stairwells, mirror shards. All mirrors, and all putting the drake on edge. "I think I will go to the upper floors. I'm accustomed to the cold, and if the shards are anything to go by, I doubt the windows up there are in any condition to block the wind."
(@Disillusionist - Hochmael to Cantor and Pravuil)
narrow1.png
avatar-border-sides.png47232154p.pngavatar-border-sides.png
// Raphael cannot help but stare at the massive palace, his wings drawn in tightly as he listens to the others. Danger, darkness that has already spotted them. This wasn't the well, but if they were following the same trend, this would be another beast guarding the ashes. He couldn't stop a faint shiver from running through him as he heard the word of caution on reflective surfaces. They were surrounded by ice, already quite reflective, but the panic in his partner's eyes when it came to mirrors, even in the Arcanist's domain... "I think I know the stories, in a way. My partner, bless his heart, lived in the Icefields for a time. He'd always heard stories of the place. Lightning-eyed, fuzzy-coated at the time, but with the yearning for knowledge that can only be found in Lightflight drakes. Always wondered what stories the forsaken and desolate would have stowed away in a palace at the peak. Then again... he still makes me cover the mirror at night, even when we're across Sornieth. Think he said there were mages there, but that's about all I know." He winced when he saw the shards on the ground, antlers in the chandelier above. Why did the antlers have to come back? He couldn't help but feel they looked like those he'd shed occasionally, which only set him further on edge. "Right. You go up, I'll go down. I have my wisps to help light things up if it gets too dark down there, and last I checked fire is perfect against ice and snow."
(@Disillusionist - Raphael to Cantor and Pravuil)
narrow2.png
avatar-border-sides.png61101931p.pngavatar-border-sides.png
// Razael couldn't help but be in awe of the palace, even if it was in ruins. He hardly noticed the conversation around him as he patted the vial. Insulation was definitely vital for that flower, and his new friend. Then again, moths usually passed away by now. Whatever it was, he was happy the little one was still doing well. Reassured that it was still in his pocket, he approached the doors, listening to his own companions. "Mages, you say? If you mean by older terms, then that'd mean some very powerful drakes. Those of us back home try our best to match those ancient mages with our own advancements and all, but the rumors... It would have to be mages that settled in a place as unforgiving as this. Oh, if only I'd been born in another flight, in another time! Perhaps I could've learned more from those here..." He earned himself a small bop from Raphael at that. It seemed the imperial's partner wasn't the only truth-seeker at heart. The coatl shook his head, nodding. "Right, the architecture says enough on that front, dears. So, if they fell... it sounds like the darkness that took them lingers, so we should be careful." He paused as he looked between the mirrored stairs. "Hm. Careful of reflections, yet we're surrounded by a ruined palace whose whole theme seems to be mirrors. Mirrored stairs, broken mirrors, all surrounded by ice. Might as well wander into the Gladekeeper's domain and tell us to beware the flowers." He couldn't help but chuckle a little at that, trying to lighten the mood before speaking up. "I'll join Raphael down below. Hard for a strong wind to blow you about down there, I think, and we both know Hochmael can handle himself well enough." The scoff from the two imperials earned them both a soft bop with his staff. It seems the coatl had made his choice.
(@Disillusionist - Razael to Cantor and Pravuil)
1ulURsc.gif

Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55935476][b]RP Response - @ClockworkEclipse[/b][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65553076][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/655531/65553076.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52925150][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/529252/52925150.png[/img][/url][/center] Cantor looks gravely at Hochmael. "That doesn't sound very encouraging, I'll admit. If what we've been through so far is any indication, we'll probably be in for a rough time here. But then again," and he looks at the Imperial's spear, "I'm sure you can handle yourself." Pravuil has been listening; he nods approvingly to Raphael. "Good idea." He bares his teeth in a rather vicious grin. "If any more [i]things[/i] attempt to take bites out of us, we'll make them regret that decision." "And we're glad to have you with us as well, old one." Cantor smiles at Razael. "Monsters or not, we're sure to find [i]something[/i] down in the darkness. More answers, let's hope."

Cantor looks gravely at Hochmael. "That doesn't sound very encouraging, I'll admit. If what we've been through so far is any indication, we'll probably be in for a rough time here. But then again," and he looks at the Imperial's spear, "I'm sure you can handle yourself."

Pravuil has been listening; he nods approvingly to Raphael. "Good idea." He bares his teeth in a rather vicious grin. "If any more things attempt to take bites out of us, we'll make them regret that decision."

"And we're glad to have you with us as well, old one." Cantor smiles at Razael. "Monsters or not, we're sure to find something down in the darkness. More answers, let's hope."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=63879313][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/638794/63879313.png[/img][/url] [b]C I A R R E[/b][/center] [b]"I will go to the lower floors,"[/b] Ciarre decides. Again, she doesn't want her weight to be a burden - literally. ----- [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=69885996][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/698860/69885996.png[/img][/url] [b]M I N G H U I[/b][/center] [b]"I'll go to the upper hall,"[/b] Minghui says.
63879313.png
C I A R R E

"I will go to the lower floors," Ciarre decides. Again, she doesn't want her weight to be a burden - literally.

69885996.png
M I N G H U I

"I'll go to the upper hall," Minghui says.
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
[center][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55935110]D A Y | F O U R - A PALACE OF GLASS[/url][/b][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82620458][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/826205/82620458p.png[/img][/url] [b][color=#41573e]C A L A D O R N [/b] The weariness of sleep fell hard on Caladorn, but for the last few days he had seen little of it. No matter how exhausted he'd felt, he'd been consumed by tracing of thoughts of what they'd seen, heard, and in some cases, felt. He needed more answers to what they where dealing with, and he was only getting so far. The lack of Father Herald was concerning to him, but he did not ask questions, only kept going on. Of his time on the ship he had been muttering to himself. Charcoal drawings of the beast they'd seen beneath the sands themselves, rough sketches of footprints of the fox-like creature, the thing he'd swore he'd seen flickering in the well. Half-written papers and unfinished notes. He'd been very quiet, even more so then usual, muttering himself as his eyes flickered between all he had compiled over the travels they had been on. He had asked those who been wounded if he could look closer at the marks and scratches, try and help where he could, but he once again, did not know enough about what he was dealing with to truly inspect deeper. He was left without much to him, and could only sigh as the trip continued on. All he could do was hope sleep would be kinder to him if he tired again, without the nightmares. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84273398][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/842734/84273398p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82620458][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/826205/82620458p.png[/img][/url][/center] The coldness of the Icewarden's domain was not kind on either of the two, but it was clear that Kali had been baring far better with the cold then the older dragon had, his old bones had not done them well in such condition, and she could see him shiver even through his thick robes more then the others. [b][color=#702525]" ... You are slow, old man, even slower then usual."[/b][/color] She would comment, eyeing back at him. [b][color=#702525]" .. And you are slowing us all down with it."[/b][/color] She would not be cruel, nor cold in her words, merely stating what she saw as truth, of course, they did not come off as kind. [b][color=#41573e]" ... Ah, forgive me, so, I, merely do not do well in the cold, between that and the lack of sleep ... It has been, harder."[/b][/color] Is all he'd given trying to make it through the snow with the rest of them. [b][color=#41573e]" ... I will try and be, better."[/b][/color] He would say softly, shaking his head. Nearing the fortress brought either of them any comfort. And with the words of Rowan, they would be even more on guard then before, noting to smash any type of mirror they came into contact with, or least watch them with care. They would both be meant with Inghinn eventually, on where to go, and where to split up with. They'd merely nod, no word spoken between, but the silence was clear enough. [b][color=#41573e]" .... I will take ... The lower floors .. I-I think."[/b][/color] Caladorn would speak up after long, his moment a bit wobbly. [b][color=#41573e]"Less walking for me, less stairs, thank you."[/b][/color] [b][color=#702525]" .. The upper halls for me then."[/b][/color] Kali would give.

82620458p.png
C A L A D O R N

The weariness of sleep fell hard on Caladorn, but for the last few days he had seen little of it. No matter how exhausted he'd felt, he'd been consumed by tracing of thoughts of what they'd seen, heard, and in some cases, felt. He needed more answers to what they where dealing with, and he was only getting so far. The lack of Father Herald was concerning to him, but he did not ask questions, only kept going on.

Of his time on the ship he had been muttering to himself. Charcoal drawings of the beast they'd seen beneath the sands themselves, rough sketches of footprints of the fox-like creature, the thing he'd swore he'd seen flickering in the well. Half-written papers and unfinished notes. He'd been very quiet, even more so then usual, muttering himself as his eyes flickered between all he had compiled over the travels they had been on.

He had asked those who been wounded if he could look closer at the marks and scratches, try and help where he could, but he once again, did not know enough about what he was dealing with to truly inspect deeper. He was left without much to him, and could only sigh as the trip continued on.

All he could do was hope sleep would be kinder to him if he tired again, without the nightmares.
84273398p.png 82620458p.png
The coldness of the Icewarden's domain was not kind on either of the two, but it was clear that Kali had been baring far better with the cold then the older dragon had, his old bones had not done them well in such condition, and she could see him shiver even through his thick robes more then the others.

" ... You are slow, old man, even slower then usual." She would comment, eyeing back at him. " .. And you are slowing us all down with it." She would not be cruel, nor cold in her words, merely stating what she saw as truth, of course, they did not come off as kind.

" ... Ah, forgive me, so, I, merely do not do well in the cold, between that and the lack of sleep ... It has been, harder." Is all he'd given trying to make it through the snow with the rest of them. " ... I will try and be, better." He would say softly, shaking his head.

Nearing the fortress brought either of them any comfort. And with the words of Rowan, they would be even more on guard then before, noting to smash any type of mirror they came into contact with, or least watch them with care.

They would both be meant with Inghinn eventually, on where to go, and where to split up with. They'd merely nod, no word spoken between, but the silence was clear enough.

" .... I will take ... The lower floors .. I-I think." Caladorn would speak up after long, his moment a bit wobbly. "Less walking for me, less stairs, thank you."

" .. The upper halls for me then." Kali would give.
cQcx9mq.png q3Me7tJ.png BQZEXau.png hWPjBUy.png
[center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/dtzW25kD/Grotesque-2-R.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=transparent]/[/color][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55935744]RP[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3286766/16#post_55936125]RESPONSES[/url][color=transparent]/[/color][/b][/size][img]https://i.postimg.cc/zXLtHsf9/Grotesque-2-L.png[/img] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/MpzRybFH/narrow1.png[/img][/center] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]H[/size][size=4]ochmael can'tseem to help but smile at the duo, nodding. He could most definitely handle himself, even if it was Raphael who seemed to be causing any harm to these creatures at the moment. Raphael who went into the well, Raphael who wittled away the beast in the scarab tunnel... Somehow the healer had caused more harm than the other two combined. He couldn't help but remember one of the jokes Razael's partner had said when some elemental training went awry with Raphael. Harmacist. Maybe there was some truth to that joke, even if it had earned the wildclaw a very annoyed hiss at the time. His thoughts were interrupted by a mock offended gasp from said wildclaw's partner.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"I am [b]not[/b] an old man! Not yet, at least!"[/i][/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]T[/size][size=4]hat earned the coatl his own somewhat playful bop, once again from Raphael. It was a running joke, in a way, as to which "grand scholar" was older. Records weren't as accurate as they'd hoped, in the end, so thry had relied on events they'd lived through to judge things. By the sound of it all, Razael was up there, bested only by the stoic defense teacher with a trove of silver to hiss over. His husband stealing his staff to hobble around with it like an elder with a cane didn't exactly help things either, causing students to poke fun at the lot of them for being "oldscales" ever since. The coatl may protest it, even now, but in the end he knew it was only the truth.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]R[/size][size=4]aphael turned his attention to the healer from before when he mentioned he'd go down to the lower levels with him, finding that he couldn't help but fight a twinge of worry. He remembered that the other imperial had stayed up at night, fervently sketching away. He'd allowed the drake to see his own injury, even if it meant he had to reapply his salves and bandages. He'd tried to tell the other to try to rest, but he'd already been off to the next drake. It was a little hypocritical, anyways. With Hochmael staying up later to watch them, and Razael seemingly happy to waste his nights doodling that moth and his own renditions of the beasts described before, the three of them hardly slept a wink themselves. It didn't quite help that Razael had begun to doodle a new dog himself, seemingly shifting between the traits of a setter, a strange silky wolf, and a xolo. All not the best of things, what with the xolo's ties to death, but the coatl seemed fine so far. He simply had a lack of sleep, just like the other two. It was fine! Raphael sighed as he turned away from the coatl, focusing instead on the other imperial from the well. It seemed to fiery Lightborn imperial worried about Caladorn in his own way, using some of his wisps to essentially hover around the other imperial. The cold did neither of them any good, but perhaps the warmth and the light would ease him some as they both went to the lower levels.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"You know, after all this is over, maybe we can swap notes. One doctor to another and all. Might get some insight on... all of this."[/i][/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6]R[/size][size=4]azael, meanwhile, took this opportunity to mention something he'd overheard from Cantor back in the tunnels of Dhune. He hadn't seen the moth in the palacr, and Raphael never mentioned one, but perhaps they were similar in some way? In either case, he wanted to hear more about it.[/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]"Actually, dears, thinking back, didn't I hear one of you had found a moth in Dhune? Was it rather faint, by any chance, hovering around one of those pale white flowers growing about the place? I know it was a bit hectic, but I'm trying to piece together a puzzle myself with the one I found in that ruin of an infirmary."[/i][/size] [columns][img]https://i.postimg.cc/yYMckCFm/extra-birb.png[/img][nextcol][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4][b]@Disillusionist Razael protests his age, but is chastised because he [i]is[/i] an old man. He also wants to ask about Cantor's moth, seeing as he's learned only his group could see his moth back in Oyster. @8BitFey Raphael is concerned about Caladorn, but doesn't want to be a hypocrite since he hardly slept himself. He wants to try and swap notes later, since they're both healers in a sense.[/b][/size][/columns] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4][b]EDIT: Mobile spelling mistake corrected.[/b][/size]
Hochmael can'tseem to help but smile at the duo, nodding. He could most definitely handle himself, even if it was Raphael who seemed to be causing any harm to these creatures at the moment. Raphael who went into the well, Raphael who wittled away the beast in the scarab tunnel... Somehow the healer had caused more harm than the other two combined. He couldn't help but remember one of the jokes Razael's partner had said when some elemental training went awry with Raphael. Harmacist. Maybe there was some truth to that joke, even if it had earned the wildclaw a very annoyed hiss at the time. His thoughts were interrupted by a mock offended gasp from said wildclaw's partner.

"I am not an old man! Not yet, at least!"

That earned the coatl his own somewhat playful bop, once again from Raphael. It was a running joke, in a way, as to which "grand scholar" was older. Records weren't as accurate as they'd hoped, in the end, so thry had relied on events they'd lived through to judge things. By the sound of it all, Razael was up there, bested only by the stoic defense teacher with a trove of silver to hiss over. His husband stealing his staff to hobble around with it like an elder with a cane didn't exactly help things either, causing students to poke fun at the lot of them for being "oldscales" ever since. The coatl may protest it, even now, but in the end he knew it was only the truth.

Raphael turned his attention to the healer from before when he mentioned he'd go down to the lower levels with him, finding that he couldn't help but fight a twinge of worry. He remembered that the other imperial had stayed up at night, fervently sketching away. He'd allowed the drake to see his own injury, even if it meant he had to reapply his salves and bandages. He'd tried to tell the other to try to rest, but he'd already been off to the next drake. It was a little hypocritical, anyways. With Hochmael staying up later to watch them, and Razael seemingly happy to waste his nights doodling that moth and his own renditions of the beasts described before, the three of them hardly slept a wink themselves. It didn't quite help that Razael had begun to doodle a new dog himself, seemingly shifting between the traits of a setter, a strange silky wolf, and a xolo. All not the best of things, what with the xolo's ties to death, but the coatl seemed fine so far. He simply had a lack of sleep, just like the other two. It was fine! Raphael sighed as he turned away from the coatl, focusing instead on the other imperial from the well. It seemed to fiery Lightborn imperial worried about Caladorn in his own way, using some of his wisps to essentially hover around the other imperial. The cold did neither of them any good, but perhaps the warmth and the light would ease him some as they both went to the lower levels.

"You know, after all this is over, maybe we can swap notes. One doctor to another and all. Might get some insight on... all of this."

Razael, meanwhile, took this opportunity to mention something he'd overheard from Cantor back in the tunnels of Dhune. He hadn't seen the moth in the palacr, and Raphael never mentioned one, but perhaps they were similar in some way? In either case, he wanted to hear more about it.

"Actually, dears, thinking back, didn't I hear one of you had found a moth in Dhune? Was it rather faint, by any chance, hovering around one of those pale white flowers growing about the place? I know it was a bit hectic, but I'm trying to piece together a puzzle myself with the one I found in that ruin of an infirmary."

extra-birb.png @Disillusionist Razael protests his age, but is chastised because he is an old man. He also wants to ask about Cantor's moth, seeing as he's learned only his group could see his moth back in Oyster.

@8BitFey Raphael is concerned about Caladorn, but doesn't want to be a hypocrite since he hardly slept himself. He wants to try and swap notes later, since they're both healers in a sense.

EDIT: Mobile spelling mistake corrected.
1ulURsc.gif

Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I’ll update my reply with a written roleplay post at a later date, but for now:

Amora is concerned about Xeylth’s new scar, but also shows interest in what the scar means, which Xeylth doesn’t like. Amora is concerned over her dream of the palace and Moondoore makes her uncomfortable because it reminds her of the dream and her own unknown heritage/hazy memory. Xeylth and Amora have a disagreement, and the two split up. Xeylth heads to the lower floors, while Amora heads to the upper halls.
I’ll update my reply with a written roleplay post at a later date, but for now:

Amora is concerned about Xeylth’s new scar, but also shows interest in what the scar means, which Xeylth doesn’t like. Amora is concerned over her dream of the palace and Moondoore makes her uncomfortable because it reminds her of the dream and her own unknown heritage/hazy memory. Xeylth and Amora have a disagreement, and the two split up. Xeylth heads to the lower floors, while Amora heads to the upper halls.
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26