Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Are Dragons Friend-Shaped? (Live!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45929483][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/459295/45929483_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=A scrawled letter] Dear [s]Ilithe[/s] Illithe! Some dragons like pranks! But some think they're mean. I'm not very good at them. One time I put a plastic snake in Astoria's nest, but he saw through it right away, which wasn't any fun. (They never figured out it was me, though, so please don't tell anyone!) Shadow dragons have a reputation for being tricksters, but every shadow dragon I've met's been pretty nice, so I guess pranks can't be that bad after all! I'm a Light dragon, which is kind of shadow's opposite, so maybe that's why I'm not good at them. But the hatchlings from Mocha's daycare are great at playing pranks! One of them likes to go inside the TV and jump out to spook us. Most of them like to spook people, actually? I've gotten surprised a lot! Mocha told me to tell her if they go too far, but I don't mind being a little scared sometimes. It's fun. Like Halloween. Do you have Halloween? It's my favorite! You dress up in costumes and masks, and then you go up to doors and say 'trick or treat', and everyone has to give you candy. That's the treat part. The trick part is that it's full of spooky things everywhere like spiders and skeletons and ghosts, and you have to brave them if you want to get the candy. Isn't it really cool, the things dragons come up with? I'd love to know what faeries have made up. Oh right! You wanted more pranks! So one time there was this bowl full of candy that got offered to me on Halloween, but when I reached in to take some, a disembodied paw started trying to grab me! ... and then it started smoking. It was one of Smolder's early inventions, so I think maybe the kaboom wasn't supposed to be part of the prank. But I think it worked out! It got me really bad! - Auri[/quote]
45929483_350.png
A scrawled letter wrote:
Dear Ilithe Illithe!

Some dragons like pranks! But some think they're mean. I'm not very good at them. One time I put a plastic snake in Astoria's nest, but he saw through it right away, which wasn't any fun. (They never figured out it was me, though, so please don't tell anyone!)

Shadow dragons have a reputation for being tricksters, but every shadow dragon I've met's been pretty nice, so I guess pranks can't be that bad after all! I'm a Light dragon, which is kind of shadow's opposite, so maybe that's why I'm not good at them.

But the hatchlings from Mocha's daycare are great at playing pranks! One of them likes to go inside the TV and jump out to spook us. Most of them like to spook people, actually? I've gotten surprised a lot! Mocha told me to tell her if they go too far, but I don't mind being a little scared sometimes. It's fun. Like Halloween.

Do you have Halloween? It's my favorite! You dress up in costumes and masks, and then you go up to doors and say 'trick or treat', and everyone has to give you candy. That's the treat part. The trick part is that it's full of spooky things everywhere like spiders and skeletons and ghosts, and you have to brave them if you want to get the candy.

Isn't it really cool, the things dragons come up with? I'd love to know what faeries have made up.

Oh right! You wanted more pranks! So one time there was this bowl full of candy that got offered to me on Halloween, but when I reached in to take some, a disembodied paw started trying to grab me! ... and then it started smoking. It was one of Smolder's early inventions, so I think maybe the kaboom wasn't supposed to be part of the prank.

But I think it worked out! It got me really bad!

- Auri
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
[center]Sunday[/center] [i]Little green claws have crept up and pulled the letter from its resting place by the entry. Whoever was meant to write back, they've left it too long.[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66381544][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/663816/66381544_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote] Hello I am Divam, I am 1 years old! My friend Twinkle plays a lot of pranks, they are always making trouble and Grandmere says I shouldn't listen to their ideas but we have a lot of fun! Even though we get in trouble a lot, I think its ok. Twinkle says fun is what's most important and they are 4 years old! That's a lot more old than me, and they are still very good at fun, so I think they must be right. My favourite prank that Twinkle taught me is Invisible! When you are Invisible, you can do all kinds of things, and no dragon can see you. Maybe you can knock on a door and leave a smelly fish outside! Or sometimes we call out for someone but when they look, no dragon is there! Only little dragons can be Invisible, but I bet fairies would be very good at it too. Maybe one day we can all play together! Ok I got to go now, bye bye! [/quote] - I would like to join the pinglist, please!
Sunday

Little green claws have crept up and pulled the letter from its resting place by the entry. Whoever was meant to write back, they've left it too long.
66381544_350.png
Quote:

Hello I am Divam, I am 1 years old!

My friend Twinkle plays a lot of pranks, they are always making trouble and Grandmere says I shouldn't listen to their ideas but we have a lot of fun! Even though we get in trouble a lot, I think its ok. Twinkle says fun is what's most important and they are 4 years old! That's a lot more old than me, and they are still very good at fun, so I think they must be right.

My favourite prank that Twinkle taught me is Invisible! When you are Invisible, you can do all kinds of things, and no dragon can see you. Maybe you can knock on a door and leave a smelly fish outside! Or sometimes we call out for someone but when they look, no dragon is there! Only little dragons can be Invisible, but I bet fairies would be very good at it too.

Maybe one day we can all play together! Ok I got to go now, bye bye!

- I would like to join the pinglist, please!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
@Luei @MarinaQuakenbush @Koyako @Beatoriche @beskad @tigressRising @Storygeek @RiftenThief @P03 @LissaJade @MotherOfBeardies @ChaiSpicedTea @mrgbmommy @AlphaSnowdust @Skycloud @Tenrecidae @ReginaChaos @aura12 @Kothra @MistyGold @Disillusionist @Lundlaeva @TheDeathseer @Nihilis @Dessy @MapleMantle @ktg1214 @findingpears @Eialyne @Cnidocyte @Wolfdawn @Magmish @1sun1spirit @SailboatSea @engendro @Auralyx @beBlueberry @Beezarre @Acetheaxolotl @Jeevas @daycat @BunnySox @Vriouss @Bxy26 @sockmonkeygerald @raggirare @Venusian @Doozie

Today's letter arrives rather late in the day, early evening. The writing is much neater, neater even than Raisie's. The accompanying sketch is large, taking up most of the parchment towards the bottom.

Salutations!

My name is Kulsoh. I am one of the older Nymphs in the Garden. I spend a lot of my time studying various things. The Garden's collection of knowledge is large but I plan to read every book in it eventually! Right now I'm learning about how magic can be used to create weather.

What do Dragons like studying?

-Kulsoh

• Battle Stones
  • Hainu Collar: Hainu, Bamboo Falls
  • Lost Lute: Plainstrider Bard, Thunderhead Savannah
This one has a lot of potential. I had like 10 more ideas for this list >.>

Notes:
[*] There isn't a set number of things to turn in. If you wanna do one of several ideas or dump some vendor trash stacks, all good!
[*] You don't have to use the same Dragon every day if you don't want to! The tasks will assume you are for my convenience but you're free to ignore that.
[*] The spreadsheet is now linked on the front page in the box where the tasks are linked.
@Luei @MarinaQuakenbush @Koyako @Beatoriche @beskad @tigressRising @Storygeek @RiftenThief @P03 @LissaJade @MotherOfBeardies @ChaiSpicedTea @mrgbmommy @AlphaSnowdust @Skycloud @Tenrecidae @ReginaChaos @aura12 @Kothra @MistyGold @Disillusionist @Lundlaeva @TheDeathseer @Nihilis @Dessy @MapleMantle @ktg1214 @findingpears @Eialyne @Cnidocyte @Wolfdawn @Magmish @1sun1spirit @SailboatSea @engendro @Auralyx @beBlueberry @Beezarre @Acetheaxolotl @Jeevas @daycat @BunnySox @Vriouss @Bxy26 @sockmonkeygerald @raggirare @Venusian @Doozie

Today's letter arrives rather late in the day, early evening. The writing is much neater, neater even than Raisie's. The accompanying sketch is large, taking up most of the parchment towards the bottom.

Salutations!

My name is Kulsoh. I am one of the older Nymphs in the Garden. I spend a lot of my time studying various things. The Garden's collection of knowledge is large but I plan to read every book in it eventually! Right now I'm learning about how magic can be used to create weather.

What do Dragons like studying?

-Kulsoh

• Battle Stones
  • Hainu Collar: Hainu, Bamboo Falls
  • Lost Lute: Plainstrider Bard, Thunderhead Savannah
This one has a lot of potential. I had like 10 more ideas for this list >.>

Notes:
[*] There isn't a set number of things to turn in. If you wanna do one of several ideas or dump some vendor trash stacks, all good!
[*] You don't have to use the same Dragon every day if you don't want to! The tasks will assume you are for my convenience but you're free to ignore that.
[*] The spreadsheet is now linked on the front page in the box where the tasks are linked.
8Lpal06.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70075956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700760/70075956_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Another letter written on Windflight Clan's bamboo paper arrives, but this time the handwriting is more blocky. Attached is a photo of a smiling brown Obelisk wearing glasses.[/i] [quote]Greetings, Kulsoh! I am Petra of Windflight Clan. My friend Swiftwings passed on your letter saying I'd be able to give you a more interesting response than he, though I also suspect he's just not on very good terms with our resident knowledge-keeper [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57046095]Laozi[/url]. My parents Gaia and Sotik are both gatherers and miners, so sometimes I help them study rock samples... and then 'borrow' them after for my collection. That's definitely my inner Ridgeback acting up; I would still be one if it weren't for the Dustcarve Dig- they say Earth magic made me hatch an Obelisk! That being said my main area of study is the history of the Obelisk dragon species- all very recent things, so it's fun traveling around and talking with fellow Obelisks about how they're settling in and making lives for themselves. Currently there are three of us in Windflight Clan: Solace is also delving into the world of knowledge as the apprentice of the aforementioned Laozi, Truth has taken up work as a shipbuilder and engineer, and then there's me. I do wonder how updated Sornieth's major libraries and collections are on Obelisk history so I plan to publish my findings one day. Let me know if you'd like to delve deeper into this topic; I'd be really happy to help out! -Petra[/quote] [i]The bottom of the letter sports a few rough sketches of Obelisk dragons, one [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70147319]yellow and purple[/url], the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71364954]other dark green with lighter highlights wearing a pair of brown-and-gold goggles[/url].[/i]
70075956_350.png

Another letter written on Windflight Clan's bamboo paper arrives, but this time the handwriting is more blocky. Attached is a photo of a smiling brown Obelisk wearing glasses.
Quote:
Greetings, Kulsoh!

I am Petra of Windflight Clan. My friend Swiftwings passed on your letter saying I'd be able to give you a more interesting response than he, though I also suspect he's just not on very good terms with our resident knowledge-keeper Laozi.

My parents Gaia and Sotik are both gatherers and miners, so sometimes I help them study rock samples... and then 'borrow' them after for my collection. That's definitely my inner Ridgeback acting up; I would still be one if it weren't for the Dustcarve Dig- they say Earth magic made me hatch an Obelisk!

That being said my main area of study is the history of the Obelisk dragon species- all very recent things, so it's fun traveling around and talking with fellow Obelisks about how they're settling in and making lives for themselves. Currently there are three of us in Windflight Clan: Solace is also delving into the world of knowledge as the apprentice of the aforementioned Laozi, Truth has taken up work as a shipbuilder and engineer, and then there's me.

I do wonder how updated Sornieth's major libraries and collections are on Obelisk history so I plan to publish my findings one day. Let me know if you'd like to delve deeper into this topic; I'd be really happy to help out!

-Petra

The bottom of the letter sports a few rough sketches of Obelisk dragons, one yellow and purple, the other dark green with lighter highlights wearing a pair of brown-and-gold goggles.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43097083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/430971/43097083_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Monday[/b][/center] "Ah, how interesting!" Naddaha's eyes gleam as she reads the letter. "I am always happy to answer an inquiring mind....Weather magic, hm? Let me see..." [i]Greetings, Kulsoh, While I also study how magic affects the weather, I am also intrigued by other creatures in Sornieth, loosely known as "spirits" or "elementals". These creatures have great magic of their own (or [u]are[/u] magic), and it can be fascinating to see how they affect each other and the environment. I must say, too, that some elementals are dangerous, in which case we study them so as to best learn how to protect ourselves and others from them. But then again, I suppose the same could be said for all fields of magic. We study many mysterious and perilous things, that we may understand them more definitely and be able to interact with them more safely. I wish you the best of luck in your own endeavors as well. Do write again if you have any more questions. Regards, Naddaha[/i]
43097083_350.png
Monday

"Ah, how interesting!" Naddaha's eyes gleam as she reads the letter. "I am always happy to answer an inquiring mind....Weather magic, hm? Let me see..."

Greetings, Kulsoh,

While I also study how magic affects the weather, I am also intrigued by other creatures in Sornieth, loosely known as "spirits" or "elementals". These creatures have great magic of their own (or are magic), and it can be fascinating to see how they affect each other and the environment.

I must say, too, that some elementals are dangerous, in which case we study them so as to best learn how to protect ourselves and others from them. But then again, I suppose the same could be said for all fields of magic. We study many mysterious and perilous things, that we may understand them more definitely and be able to interact with them more safely.

I wish you the best of luck in your own endeavors as well. Do write again if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Naddaha
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/14933396][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/149334/14933396_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]Greetings from the shadows, Kulsoh![/i] What a cool thing you are studying! If I could change weather, I would make it cloudy and turn day to night to see all the glittering stars. Sadly, I'm not very good at magic, I really should have studied more with my clan's mages and scholars. Let's see, in my clan there are some dragons that enjoy studying magic. Most dragons study magic for combat against Beastclans, but some study it to master the subject, things like understanding the leyline flows around Sornieth. That's a very complicated topic, but the best I can sum it up with is, how elemental energies are connected with each other and how they sustain each flight. Yeah... I'm not an expert. Haha! As for me, I'm an ordinary and simple dragon. I would study shadow magic more to pay homage to my deity, and use it to get more food by battling Beastclans! [i]Zela & Ink[/i]
14933396_350.png

Greetings from the shadows, Kulsoh!

What a cool thing you are studying! If I could change weather, I would make it cloudy and turn day to night to see all the glittering stars. Sadly, I'm not very good at magic, I really should have studied more with my clan's mages and scholars.

Let's see, in my clan there are some dragons that enjoy studying magic. Most dragons study magic for combat against Beastclans, but some study it to master the subject, things like understanding the leyline flows around Sornieth. That's a very complicated topic, but the best I can sum it up with is, how elemental energies are connected with each other and how they sustain each flight. Yeah... I'm not an expert. Haha!

As for me, I'm an ordinary and simple dragon. I would study shadow magic more to pay homage to my deity, and use it to get more food by battling Beastclans!

Zela & Ink
Kunikuzushi
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40783624][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/407837/40783624_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Hi Kulsoh! My name is Rovigo. I am the head chef here at the Clan of the Shifting Tides. I have studied culinary arts for a very long time and so has my sous chef. We have gone to many places in Sornieth to learn about how different cultures make food and what kind of techniques they use. I'm very influenced myself by the Lightning domain, and do a lot with gastronomical techniques. The world is vast, and being curious is the best feeling ever! Best, Rovigo[/i]
40783624_350.png

Hi Kulsoh!
My name is Rovigo. I am the head chef here at the Clan of the Shifting Tides. I have studied culinary arts for a very long time and so has my sous chef. We have gone to many places in Sornieth to learn about how different cultures make food and what kind of techniques they use. I'm very influenced myself by the Lightning domain, and do a lot with gastronomical techniques. The world is vast, and being curious is the best feeling ever!
Best, Rovigo
'blue smedium banner
again, when the letter arrives near Shadow's bed, he squaks in surprise. he needs to get used to these things popping up. he picks up a pen and writes a response [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64994754][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649948/64994754_350.png[/img][/url] "hello, Kulosh! Dragons like to study lots of things, but the thing catching most drake's attention is magic. i mean, the world of Sorneith has been bursting full of elemental magic lately, if the appearance of two new breeds have said anything. i personally dont study much, only the bare minimum to strengthen my powers. but some dragons devote their whole lives to magic and the art of study-there are two whole flights who are like this, two! the Arcane and Light flights strive for knowledge above all else, and while the Arcane flight deals more with wacky experimentation and borderline dangerous magic, Light dragons tend to study more in the traditional way, always got their snouts stuck in a book. pretentious pricks, i say. Arcane dragons are fine, though. i like watching them work on experiments, very fun. i hope this answers your question of if dragons study, and if it didnt, then im sorry. -ShadowWeaver"
again, when the letter arrives near Shadow's bed, he squaks in surprise. he needs to get used to these things popping up. he picks up a pen and writes a response

64994754_350.png

"hello, Kulosh!

Dragons like to study lots of things, but the thing catching most drake's attention is magic. i mean, the world of Sorneith has been bursting full of elemental magic lately, if the appearance of two new breeds have said anything. i personally dont study much, only the bare minimum to strengthen my powers. but some dragons devote their whole lives to magic and the art of study-there are two whole flights who are like this, two! the Arcane and Light flights strive for knowledge above all else, and while the Arcane flight deals more with wacky experimentation and borderline dangerous magic, Light dragons tend to study more in the traditional way, always got their snouts stuck in a book. pretentious ******, i say. Arcane dragons are fine, though. i like watching them work on experiments, very fun. i hope this answers your question of if dragons study, and if it didnt, then im sorry.

-ShadowWeaver"

beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47731275][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=47731275&skin=0&apparel=1396,12724,32992,26863,13078,32991,19638,606,33687,32983,26860&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][font=time][size=5][color=grey][i]A grey envelope, adorned with a black border, usually reserved for letters regarding death, is returned.[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center] [quote=Honey] [indent][font=time][size=7][i]G[/i][/size][size=5][i]ood health, nymph,[/i][/font][/indent] [font=time][size=7]E[/size][size=5]xcuse the envelope. I had ran out of my standard ones. There is no need for mourning.[/size][/font] [font=time][size=7]I[/size][size=5] am also a scholar. My official title is Magister of Physical Ailments and Disease. Most insist I am just a healer. They are wrong. I have studied at length of dragon physiology.[/size][/font] [font=time][size=7]T[/size][size=5]here are many scholars where I lived previously, and a few more where I reside now. My previous residence had a grand college, where there was a library so vast you could get lost in it. There are many things dragons study, from magic, to natural life, martial arts and bartering. There are too many to name.[/size][/font] [indent][font=time][size=7]S[/size][size=5]tay fed,[/size][/font][/indent] [center][font=time][size=7][i]Honey[/i][/size][/font][/center] [/quote]
dragon?did=47731275&skin=0&apparel=1396,12724,32992,26863,13078,32991,19638,606,33687,32983,26860&xt=dressing.png
A grey envelope, adorned with a black border, usually reserved for letters regarding death, is returned.
Honey wrote:
Good health, nymph,

Excuse the envelope. I had ran out of my standard ones. There is no need for mourning.

I am also a scholar. My official title is Magister of Physical Ailments and Disease. Most insist I am just a healer. They are wrong. I have studied at length of dragon physiology.

There are many scholars where I lived previously, and a few more where I reside now. My previous residence had a grand college, where there was a library so vast you could get lost in it. There are many things dragons study, from magic, to natural life, martial arts and bartering. There are too many to name.
Stay fed,
Honey
push hub 5kJ9JHc.png
5kJ9JHc.png
run by Bisons | he/they | FR+1 |

7UXlQKU.gifYMPbu9R.pngovanc37.png
> avatar...
> sales
> old oaks [+ hibden!]
> wishlist
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42737487][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=163&bodygene=15&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=14&winggene=20&wings=119&auth=8d724533bf978f20fda8e5069e5710e37172911e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [i]Kaerr has borrowed some of his father's best parchment for this letter.[/i] Dear Kulsoh, Wow, that sounds like quite a challenge, reading every book in the Garden's collection - I can't imagine ever ever ever finding the time to read all the books in my dad's library, and I'm sure that's not as big as yours! It must be hard to decide what to study next, or when to move on from a subject: I always find that you're never really done learning, there's always another book on it or expert who knows more [u]somewhere[/u]. Dragons like learning about all sorts of things. Right now, I'm just a hatchling, so I'm learning a bit about everything: geography and maths and writing and the history of Sornieth - and magic, of course, but it's just the basics for now! My brother Nera is a bit older, and he's [s]consen[/s] concentrating on learning about ancient languages. He's really good! He likes translating really old, crumbly scrolls so that everyone can understand them. He's learning the Beastclan languages too, [s]but he's not very good yet[/s]. [i]An arrow points to that crossed-out section and a note is written in the margin in tiny letters next to a little doodle: I asked Nera to check my spelling and he made me cross that bit out! [emoji=fae laughing size=2][/i] Natha is our clan's familiar keeper and I'm sure she knows [u]everything[/u] there is to know about [u]every[/u] kind of creature in Sornieth. Except she didn't learn it from books, she found out by watching the creatures and finding out all about them that way. I think that counts, but it's a very different kind of studying. Like when my teacher takes me out into the Starwood Strand to learn about how plants grow by showing me them at different stages. Then there's Stark, who's an engineer. He's studies how machines work and how to put them together, and he's very, very clever at making things. Almagest is an astronomer so she studies the stars and planets. Of course, in the Observatory, the Arcanist and his scholars study all kinds of things: everything you can possibly imagine! Oh, and I should mention my dad, too: he's a scribe and he studies all different kinds of writing. It's called [s]calligrafy[/s] calligraphy, and it makes his writing really beautiful. I'll see if I can get him to do an example here: [i]Kaerr has left a gap between his paragraphs, in which someone else has written Kulsoh's name: the K is an elaborate immuminated letter inside a square, with flowers and vines curling around it, and the rest of the letters are in gothic script.[/i] So as you can see, dragons study all kinds of things! There's probably lots more things that I'm forgetting, but I hope that gives you an idea. Good luck with your weather studies! Kaerr [i]Kaerr has obviously borrowed one of his father's calligraphy pens for the signature and done his best to write his name in a looping copperplate style.[/i]
dragon?age=0&body=163&bodygene=15&breed=1&element=5&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=14&winggene=20&wings=119&auth=8d724533bf978f20fda8e5069e5710e37172911e&dummyext=prev.png

Kaerr has borrowed some of his father's best parchment for this letter.

Dear Kulsoh,

Wow, that sounds like quite a challenge, reading every book in the Garden's collection - I can't imagine ever ever ever finding the time to read all the books in my dad's library, and I'm sure that's not as big as yours! It must be hard to decide what to study next, or when to move on from a subject: I always find that you're never really done learning, there's always another book on it or expert who knows more somewhere.

Dragons like learning about all sorts of things. Right now, I'm just a hatchling, so I'm learning a bit about everything: geography and maths and writing and the history of Sornieth - and magic, of course, but it's just the basics for now!

My brother Nera is a bit older, and he's consen concentrating on learning about ancient languages. He's really good! He likes translating really old, crumbly scrolls so that everyone can understand them. He's learning the Beastclan languages too, but he's not very good yet.

An arrow points to that crossed-out section and a note is written in the margin in tiny letters next to a little doodle:
I asked Nera to check my spelling and he made me cross that bit out!

Natha is our clan's familiar keeper and I'm sure she knows everything there is to know about every kind of creature in Sornieth. Except she didn't learn it from books, she found out by watching the creatures and finding out all about them that way. I think that counts, but it's a very different kind of studying. Like when my teacher takes me out into the Starwood Strand to learn about how plants grow by showing me them at different stages.

Then there's Stark, who's an engineer. He's studies how machines work and how to put them together, and he's very, very clever at making things. Almagest is an astronomer so she studies the stars and planets. Of course, in the Observatory, the Arcanist and his scholars study all kinds of things: everything you can possibly imagine!

Oh, and I should mention my dad, too: he's a scribe and he studies all different kinds of writing. It's called calligrafy calligraphy, and it makes his writing really beautiful. I'll see if I can get him to do an example here:

Kaerr has left a gap between his paragraphs, in which someone else has written Kulsoh's name: the K is an elaborate immuminated letter inside a square, with flowers and vines curling around it, and the rest of the letters are in gothic script.

So as you can see, dragons study all kinds of things! There's probably lots more things that I'm forgetting, but I hope that gives you an idea.

Good luck with your weather studies!

Kaerr

Kaerr has obviously borrowed one of his father's calligraphy pens for the signature and done his best to write his name in a looping copperplate style.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24