Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Are Dragons Friend-Shaped? (Live!)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70351766][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/703518/70351766_350.png[/img][/url] A torn, stained piece of parchment with a note scrawled on it arrives in response to the letter that Kulsoh sent [quote]Hi Kulsoh, Great to hear from you! Studying how magic creates weather sounds so interesting! I'm an explorer within my clan, so I guess you could say that I'm a bit of a mix of an archaeologist and a biologist, with a bit of basic botany thrown in there. I love learning about how environments affected our ancestors and I love discovering new places! Have fun learning! Alocasia[/quote]
70351766_350.png

A torn, stained piece of parchment with a note scrawled on it arrives in response to the letter that Kulsoh sent
Quote:
Hi Kulsoh,
Great to hear from you! Studying how magic creates weather sounds so interesting! I'm an explorer within my clan, so I guess you could say that I'm a bit of a mix of an archaeologist and a biologist, with a bit of basic botany thrown in there. I love learning about how environments affected our ancestors and I love discovering new places!
Have fun learning!
Alocasia
fpqmTQ7.pngMp3Aanp.png
CFEACF3E-4086-404D-BD74-452511F10493.pngUzGmb10.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71975326][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/719754/71975326_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Another mysterious letter is received with the same glowing spectral writing, although this writing is much more formal.[/i] [/center] [quote][size=4][font=cursive]Dearest Kulsoh, I've heard of these...[i]outsider[/i] letters coming into our home. Casper has told me of another nymph writing to us. As skeptical as I am as of how this isn't all some elaborate prank on me, I'll entertain you. About your query, from an oracle with all of your answers, us dragons like to study a multitude of things. for example, I have embarked in the study of reading others futures, as long as learning the signs for reading the general future. I can foresee all before known to the mind of others. But I mustn't share my knowledge with any other, for they cannot handle this truth. Casper studies Paramycology, the study of haunted mushrooms. They collect these specimens for further study of our clan, and how to incorporate them to our shows. Most of our studies at Phantasm Park are applied to our shows. We are [i]very[/i] dedicated to the show... If you are indeed real and not a prank of these ignorant peers of mine... you should visit our show next time the brambles open. You can learn so much here. Blessed future, [emoji=blue gem size=1]Ora [/font][/size][/quote]
71975326_350.png
Another mysterious letter is received with the same glowing spectral writing, although this writing is much more formal.
Quote:
Dearest Kulsoh,

I've heard of these...outsider letters coming into our home. Casper has told me of another nymph writing to us. As skeptical as I am as of how this isn't all some elaborate prank on me, I'll entertain you.

About your query, from an oracle with all of your answers, us dragons like to study a multitude of things. for example, I have embarked in the study of reading others futures, as long as learning the signs for reading the general future. I can foresee all before known to the mind of others. But I mustn't share my knowledge with any other, for they cannot handle this truth.

Casper studies Paramycology, the study of haunted mushrooms. They collect these specimens for further study of our clan, and how to incorporate them to our shows. Most of our studies at Phantasm Park are applied to our shows. We are very dedicated to the show... If you are indeed real and not a prank of these ignorant peers of mine... you should visit our show next time the brambles open. You can learn so much here.

Blessed future,
Ora
*Hatchery*
*Skins&Accents Shop*
*Adopt Shop*
*Melting Service*
*Wishlist*
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/6993408][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/69935/6993408_350.png[/img][/url] The message once again arrives by carrier ant and reads: [font=papyrus][color=midnightblue][size=4]Greetings Illithe, When I was younger I too was studying weather, specifically cold fronts and wind. Then I decided to stop, as I was growing less and less fond of it. Some dragons I know from my former area studied things like familiars, rocks, and the best ways to cronch numbers! Here where I live now, some dragons study soda-making and if I heard correctly, poisons. Others focus on battling and defense. There are also a few healers, writers, poets, artists, herbalists… and so much more! There’s even explorers and seers! And enchantresses! I bet Iota and the others put in a lot of time figuring out runestones in the beginning. They’re essential to everyday life now! Or else we all would be become pancakes! ~ Anonymous Fae
6993408_350.png

The message once again arrives by carrier ant and reads:

Greetings Illithe,

When I was younger I too was studying weather, specifically cold fronts and wind. Then I decided to stop, as I was growing less and less fond of it. Some dragons I know from my former area studied things like familiars, rocks, and the best ways to cronch numbers!

Here where I live now, some dragons study soda-making and if I heard correctly, poisons. Others focus on battling and defense. There are also a few healers, writers, poets, artists, herbalists… and so much more! There’s even explorers and seers! And enchantresses!

I bet Iota and the others put in a lot of time figuring out runestones in the beginning. They’re essential to everyday life now! Or else we all would be become pancakes!

~ Anonymous Fae
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
ice dom team & hh curator
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72615312][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/726154/72615312_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Ferthaz is eager to respond to this letter! Studying is one of his favorite things. [i] Dear Kulsoh, I'm a Sage apprentice; that means that I'm working really hard to master my magic. Multigaze dragons, and sometimes other dragons with special eyes, have powerful and strange magical abilities that can be very confusing! So far my master Rhasta hasn't noticed anything strange about my abilities, other than I can see a lot of things at once and I'm really good at casting fireballs. So I spend a lot of time studying the Sage archives and practicing my spellcasting to see if I've got a special kind of magic. My friend Eldglow is trying to teach me how to read Mimic, but it's really hard because Ensorcelled Volumes can't speak--only write. Rhasta doesn't know Mimic either; we're trying to find a tutor for me. I'd love to be able to really have a conversation with my friend! We have a lot of other dragons in the clan that study different things; there's the alchemists of course, and then there's the Necromancers, the other Sages and diviners, and the schoolteachers, and the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62374768]flora-and-fauna field researcher[/url], I forget her name. But if you want to study ANYTHING, sooner or later you'll end up in the library with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62281965]Miss Jubilee[/url]. She's really nice, as long as you don't breathe fire over her books. Hey, I had the hiccups that day! Write soon! Your friend, Ferthaz[/i]
72615312_350.png

Ferthaz is eager to respond to this letter! Studying is one of his favorite things.

Dear Kulsoh,

I'm a Sage apprentice; that means that I'm working really hard to master my magic. Multigaze dragons, and sometimes other dragons with special eyes, have powerful and strange magical abilities that can be very confusing! So far my master Rhasta hasn't noticed anything strange about my abilities, other than I can see a lot of things at once and I'm really good at casting fireballs. So I spend a lot of time studying the Sage archives and practicing my spellcasting to see if I've got a special kind of magic.

My friend Eldglow is trying to teach me how to read Mimic, but it's really hard because Ensorcelled Volumes can't speak--only write. Rhasta doesn't know Mimic either; we're trying to find a tutor for me. I'd love to be able to really have a conversation with my friend!

We have a lot of other dragons in the clan that study different things; there's the alchemists of course, and then there's the Necromancers, the other Sages and diviners, and the schoolteachers, and the flora-and-fauna field researcher, I forget her name. But if you want to study ANYTHING, sooner or later you'll end up in the library with Miss Jubilee. She's really nice, as long as you don't breathe fire over her books. Hey, I had the hiccups that day!

Write soon!
Your friend, Ferthaz

V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center]Monday [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8251413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/82515/8251413_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote] [i][color=transparent]__ [/color]My Dear Kulsoh, [color=transparent]__ [/color]How lovely to hear from a Nymph of the Garden! I'm not sure the little fellow who handed me your missive was meant to have it in the first place, but how fortuitous it is that we should be able to converse. [color=transparent]__ [/color]I am a research mage, studying many things magical, and it is my great pleasure to travel and correspond with so many fascinating minds in all fields as I find them. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts and findings in relation to the effect magic may have on such things as weather. Indeed I would be quite intrigued to exchange notes on that topic or any other that might be found in your library. [color=transparent]__ [/color]I am sure such an exchange of research would be of much mutual benefit, both to ourselves and of course Nymph and Dragonkind alike! Do please write again, I shall look forward to hearing from you. [color=transparent]__ [/color]Yours in spirit and mind, [color=transparent]_____ [/color]Mage Azucar [/quote]
Monday

8251413_350.png
Quote:

__ My Dear Kulsoh,

__ How lovely to hear from a Nymph of the Garden! I'm not sure the little fellow who handed me your missive was meant to have it in the first place, but how fortuitous it is that we should be able to converse.

__ I am a research mage, studying many things magical, and it is my great pleasure to travel and correspond with so many fascinating minds in all fields as I find them. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts and findings in relation to the effect magic may have on such things as weather. Indeed I would be quite intrigued to exchange notes on that topic or any other that might be found in your library.

__ I am sure such an exchange of research would be of much mutual benefit, both to ourselves and of course Nymph and Dragonkind alike! Do please write again, I shall look forward to hearing from you.

__ Yours in spirit and mind,

_____ Mage Azucar

tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
@Luei @MarinaQuakenbush @Koyako @Beatoriche @beskad @tigressRising @Storygeek @RiftenThief @P03 @LissaJade @MotherOfBeardies @ChaiSpicedTea @mrgbmommy @AlphaSnowdust @Skycloud @Tenrecidae @ReginaChaos @aura12 @Kothra @MistyGold @Disillusionist @Lundlaeva @TheDeathseer @Nihilis @Dessy @MapleMantle @ktg1214 @findingpears @Eialyne @Cnidocyte @Wolfdawn @Magmish @1sun1spirit @SailboatSea @engendro @Auralyx @beBlueberry @Beezarre @Acetheaxolotl @Jeevas @daycat @BunnySox @Vriouss @Bxy26 @sockmonkeygerald @raggirare @Venusian @Doozie @JoweeTheRaposa @TwelveBrackets @nebuloous

Today's letter is so punctual that it wakes you up! The feel of paper landing on your head isn't the least pleasant way you've ever been awoken but you're not sure you'd like to repeat the experience anytime soon. Very startling, if nothing else.

The parchment is...glittery? Luckily some sort of blessed Fairy magic is keeping all the sparkles attached.

The sun is shining! Are you up?

Hi! I'm Asorio! May I pick your brain?

I wish to make a very special gift for a very special friend. I think something from a whole different culture would be REALLY special so could you tell me about things Dragons make for each other? Please?

Oh and sorry if you weren't awake when I sent this. I'm a bit of a morning Fairy!

Very yours,
Asorio

• Umbral Yarn: Umbra Wolf, Bamboo Falls
  • Cerdae Sparkle: Mossy Cerdae, Mire

Notes:
[*] Money Pot prize is back. I'd like to add one more prize on top of that, given the number of participants, so we'll see if inspiration strikes.
@Luei @MarinaQuakenbush @Koyako @Beatoriche @beskad @tigressRising @Storygeek @RiftenThief @P03 @LissaJade @MotherOfBeardies @ChaiSpicedTea @mrgbmommy @AlphaSnowdust @Skycloud @Tenrecidae @ReginaChaos @aura12 @Kothra @MistyGold @Disillusionist @Lundlaeva @TheDeathseer @Nihilis @Dessy @MapleMantle @ktg1214 @findingpears @Eialyne @Cnidocyte @Wolfdawn @Magmish @1sun1spirit @SailboatSea @engendro @Auralyx @beBlueberry @Beezarre @Acetheaxolotl @Jeevas @daycat @BunnySox @Vriouss @Bxy26 @sockmonkeygerald @raggirare @Venusian @Doozie @JoweeTheRaposa @TwelveBrackets @nebuloous

Today's letter is so punctual that it wakes you up! The feel of paper landing on your head isn't the least pleasant way you've ever been awoken but you're not sure you'd like to repeat the experience anytime soon. Very startling, if nothing else.

The parchment is...glittery? Luckily some sort of blessed Fairy magic is keeping all the sparkles attached.

I wish to make a very special gift for a very special friend. I think something from a whole different culture would be REALLY special so could you tell me about things Dragons make for each other? Please?

Oh and sorry if you weren't awake when I sent this. I'm a bit of a morning Fairy!

Very yours,
Asorio

• Umbral Yarn: Umbra Wolf, Bamboo Falls
  • Cerdae Sparkle: Mossy Cerdae, Mire

Notes:
[*] Money Pot prize is back. I'd like to add one more prize on top of that, given the number of participants, so we'll see if inspiration strikes.
8Lpal06.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26947253][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/269473/26947253.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26565626][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/265657/26565626.png[/img][/url] [b]Tuesday[/b][/center] "Look, Roxley!" Kisharaq waves the letter at his mate. "We got a very interesting letter today." "Oh? I thought it was something that'd strayed from the vault. It's so shiny!" The two Ridgebacks read the letter together over breakfast. Kisharaq is starting to nod off, still sleepy from his night shift, but Roxley is as bright and chipper as ever. "You're right, it's quite interesting! I don't believe I've ever gotten mail from a fairy before." "Do you need help answering it?" Kisharaq asks, blinking sleepily. Roxley pats his cheek. "I'll take it from here. Sweet dreams, Kishar." [i]Good day, Asorio! During our free time, my mate and I enjoy creating clothes for our clanmates. Different dragons prefer different gifts, but we've found that a lot of them appreciate clothes, too, especially during the cold winter months. Kisharaq and I are often busy this time. We knit scarves, sweaters, and socks for other dragons, especially the hatchlings, who outgrow their clothes very quickly. I believe fairies are quite small, so I think I'd have a hard time making clothes for them. I think you could do it, however! I know knitting seems very tricky at first, but don't be discouraged. It might help if you start out with smaller, simple items, such as doilies, before moving on to sweaters and caps. Good luck! Keep practicing, you can do it! Sincerely, Roxley and Kisharaq[/i]
26947253.png26565626.png
Tuesday

"Look, Roxley!" Kisharaq waves the letter at his mate. "We got a very interesting letter today."

"Oh? I thought it was something that'd strayed from the vault. It's so shiny!"

The two Ridgebacks read the letter together over breakfast. Kisharaq is starting to nod off, still sleepy from his night shift, but Roxley is as bright and chipper as ever.

"You're right, it's quite interesting! I don't believe I've ever gotten mail from a fairy before."

"Do you need help answering it?" Kisharaq asks, blinking sleepily. Roxley pats his cheek. "I'll take it from here. Sweet dreams, Kishar."

Good day, Asorio!

During our free time, my mate and I enjoy creating clothes for our clanmates. Different dragons prefer different gifts, but we've found that a lot of them appreciate clothes, too, especially during the cold winter months. Kisharaq and I are often busy this time. We knit scarves, sweaters, and socks for other dragons, especially the hatchlings, who outgrow their clothes very quickly.

I believe fairies are quite small, so I think I'd have a hard time making clothes for them. I think you could do it, however! I know knitting seems very tricky at first, but don't be discouraged. It might help if you start out with smaller, simple items, such as doilies, before moving on to sweaters and caps. Good luck! Keep practicing, you can do it!

Sincerely,
Roxley and Kisharaq
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[quote=Asorio]The sun is shining! Are you up? Hi! I'm Asorio! May I pick your brain? I wish to make a very special gift for a very special friend. I think something from a whole different culture would be REALLY special so could you tell me about things Dragons make for each other? Please? Oh and sorry if you weren't awake when I sent this. I'm a bit of a morning Fairy! Very yours, Asorio[/quote] Dear Asorio, I love making things and would love to help you! Last week, I made a flower garland for Layton and she loved it! If you want to know how I made it, I found some really really stretchy vines and then collected some nice smelling flowers (apart from the orange ones because they made me sneeze lots and then Rigby laughed at me. That wasn't very funny.) with Adonis, she's my second bestest friend after Lleuad, and she's really good at finding pretty flowers, and being huggable. Anyway we then made little holes in the centre of the flowers and put them on the vines and then I wrapped it in lots of giant leaves that were bigger than my head! Then at teatime while Adonis was playing snap with Rigby and Pebble and Lleuad, I wasn't playing because I'm just too good and totally not because I threw all my cards in the river when Rigby beat me, I went over to Layton and gave her the present. She really liked it and said I was a very good hatchling and part of the clan, which made me very happy and Layton smiled, so it must of been a good gift! If you want me to help you make your special friend a garland I can! Maybe then we can be special friends too! Lots of love and hugs, Kitty [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38198244][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/381983/38198244_350.png[/img][/url]
Asorio wrote:

Very yours,
Asorio

Dear Asorio,

I love making things and would love to help you! Last week, I made a flower garland for Layton and she loved it! If you want to know how I made it, I found some really really stretchy vines and then collected some nice smelling flowers (apart from the orange ones because they made me sneeze lots and then Rigby laughed at me. That wasn't very funny.) with Adonis, she's my second bestest friend after Lleuad, and she's really good at finding pretty flowers, and being huggable. Anyway we then made little holes in the centre of the flowers and put them on the vines and then I wrapped it in lots of giant leaves that were bigger than my head! Then at teatime while Adonis was playing snap with Rigby and Pebble and Lleuad, I wasn't playing because I'm just too good and totally not because I threw all my cards in the river when Rigby beat me, I went over to Layton and gave her the present. She really liked it and said I was a very good hatchling and part of the clan, which made me very happy and Layton smiled, so it must of been a good gift! If you want me to help you make your special friend a garland I can! Maybe then we can be special friends too!

Lots of love and hugs,

Kitty
38198244_350.png
@Elfydragon Hello! Would you like me to add you to the pinglist? I don't think I've seen your name before!
@Elfydragon Hello! Would you like me to add you to the pinglist? I don't think I've seen your name before!
8Lpal06.gif
[center][b]Day 3 Letter: Tuesday[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75399952][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/754000/75399952_350.png[/img][/url] He had been resting when the letter arrived, landing on his head. Shaking off his sleep, he unravelled the parchment quickly. Thankfully there was the Fairy magic or else the glitter would have fell and covered his entire desk. [emoji=old parchment size=1][/center] Hello there Asorio, It is difficult to find a special gift for a dear friend. My clan has not been around for long. We do not hold grand birthday celebrations and exchange gifts often. We do have ways of showing our appreciation, whether it’s cooking a delicious meal using a dragon’s favourite ingredients or finding a desired trinket for their personal item collection. If you want to make something from scratch, I have a few suggestions: If you can create artwork, that would be a great gift. Our dragon lair is covered with bark sheets. On them, drawings from the hatchlings. I even heard there are enchantments that can make a drawing move. Are you good at sculpting? Or pottery? My twin brother wanted to make a double headed dragon planter for the arrival of our younger twin brothers. Unfortunately, he was not happy with the results and buried it in the garden somewhere. I believe our clan has some aspiring tailors, using silk and yarn to create apparel. A Glorious Sweater was recently made, though I have not seen any one wearing it at the moment. A personal and handwritten letter would make a wonderful gift in my opinion. The Fairy magic you placed on your letter is quite impressive. I definitely recommend you write a little letter to them and attached the same magic and sparkles. Whatever you decide to give them, I am sure they will appreciate it. [right]Have a great day, Miaoli[/right]
Day 3 Letter: Tuesday
75399952_350.png

He had been resting when the letter arrived, landing on his head. Shaking off his sleep, he unravelled the parchment quickly. Thankfully there was the Fairy magic or else the glitter would have fell and covered his entire desk.

Hello there Asorio,

It is difficult to find a special gift for a dear friend.

My clan has not been around for long. We do not hold grand birthday celebrations and exchange gifts often. We do have ways of showing our appreciation, whether it’s cooking a delicious meal using a dragon’s favourite ingredients or finding a desired trinket for their personal item collection.

If you want to make something from scratch, I have a few suggestions:

If you can create artwork, that would be a great gift. Our dragon lair is covered with bark sheets. On them, drawings from the hatchlings. I even heard there are enchantments that can make a drawing move.

Are you good at sculpting? Or pottery? My twin brother wanted to make a double headed dragon planter for the arrival of our younger twin brothers. Unfortunately, he was not happy with the results and buried it in the garden somewhere.

I believe our clan has some aspiring tailors, using silk and yarn to create apparel. A Glorious Sweater was recently made, though I have not seen any one wearing it at the moment.

A personal and handwritten letter would make a wonderful gift in my opinion. The Fairy magic you placed on your letter is quite impressive. I definitely recommend you write a little letter to them and attached the same magic and sparkles.

Whatever you decide to give them, I am sure they will appreciate it.
Have a great day,
Miaoli
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24