Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 230 231 232 233 234 ... 249 250
@Disillusionist

Gosh, I miss Elderith every day.

Thanks! Her colours work so well together and I LOVE her. I love the concept of aethers in general. Book eating researchers are so hilarious.

Good news, there are some funky fun Grannox chapters coming up in the near future!

KJsdhshfhsdjf your *shoves them aside* cracks me up. And yes, Vivid was a very lucky hatch! I'm glad you like her outfit, I had a lot of fun dressing her up.

I forgot that it could be interpreted as Laz potentially dying as I wrote her capture, I really didn't mean to cause so much worry to everyone! lol

Yeah! I have been trying to find a way to introduce them since LONG before I ordered their bio graphics (I need to get around to actually finishing all their bios soon, only Nashia has a finished bio, oop) and so I'm glad I finally have an opportunity. In my mind they really have been trading with The Refuge for SO LONG.
@Disillusionist

Gosh, I miss Elderith every day.

Thanks! Her colours work so well together and I LOVE her. I love the concept of aethers in general. Book eating researchers are so hilarious.

Good news, there are some funky fun Grannox chapters coming up in the near future!

KJsdhshfhsdjf your *shoves them aside* cracks me up. And yes, Vivid was a very lucky hatch! I'm glad you like her outfit, I had a lot of fun dressing her up.

I forgot that it could be interpreted as Laz potentially dying as I wrote her capture, I really didn't mean to cause so much worry to everyone! lol

Yeah! I have been trying to find a way to introduce them since LONG before I ordered their bio graphics (I need to get around to actually finishing all their bios soon, only Nashia has a finished bio, oop) and so I'm glad I finally have an opportunity. In my mind they really have been trading with The Refuge for SO LONG.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/231#post_53884663]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 321: What Could Have Been[/u][/b] [item=wind-up key] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79725813][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797259/79725813_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71985426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/719855/71985426_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Scat disembarked from the Voyager and gave Trompette and his crew a wave. The Snapper enjoyed their company, and was even able to give some fun sea shanties a try and then jazz them up to her style of singing. She was sure that she’ll see them again though. Being unable to fly meant that transportation like ships, even air ships, were a must to places a great distance away. Without thinking, she turned towards a path leading into the dense forests of the Gladekeeper’s domain. Scat thought that she would have needed to ask someone at the docks about where to go, but there was an inner knowing, like an itch at the back of her mind, that pulled her down this trail. Persephone – an old friend from her prior life at the Refuge. It will be amazing to be there again and see her. Will it cause more of her memories to come back? Will the Refuge even be close to the home that she would recall in those memories? There were hundreds of questions whizzing around in her mind, but nothing distracted her feet from where they needed to walk. Soon, she will be there and be in the company of those she cared about – it gave a boost in her step and she began to hum. Then, the humming turned into singing: “I'll chase the blues away I'll laugh and sing all day I've found my lover, someone who'll be true The blue birds in a tree Will sing their song to me For they'll discover I'm no longer blue I've traveled far In search of someone like you For what you are Is the dream that I've prayed would soon come true I'll chase the blues away I'll print some news today I've found my lover, someone who'll be true." [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76136964][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=76136964&skin=0&apparel=1752,751,43380,22825,14435,31976,31978,4788&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70222628][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2815847&skin=0&apparel=825,1397,3630,21154,10751,10370&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Persephone was chatting with Mandore over the reception counter of the Melodic Geode when the bell over the door rang. She looked up, ready to greet the next customer, and immediately instinctively reached for her pearl as she was overcome with a wave of emotions. “Am- I mean Scat!” Persephone exclaimed, coughing up some pearl goo onto the desk in shock. “It’s actually you!” Mandore, who had been facing Persephone, immediately whipped his head around, eyes wide and fins high. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] Scat looked up and directly into the eyes of Persephone, and in a moment, it felt like her prior life flashed across her eyes. Her life in the Refuge, her moments singing to dragons on stage, and even the time spent with Persephone... Persephone. She was more than a friend than what the other dragons told her she was. Scat cared deeply for her, more than anyone she knew. "Persephone," she exclaimed, embarrassingly louder than she wanted, "erhem, apologies. You can still call me Amy. Scat is more of my stage name." She gave a sheepish grin. It was like butterflies were fluttering in her chest, excitement and worry bubbling up within her...But then she remembered that Persephone had made a life for herself, even a mate, a family. Scat turned towards who she expected was Mandore, "So this is the dragon I have to thank for. You made Persephone so happy, and I am eternally grateful for that," she took off her hat in respect and gave a firm but kind nod. She wasn't jealous of the Mirror, far from. Mandore gave happiness to the one dragon that she deeply cared for, loved even...something she wished she said in that prior life. It wasn't right for her to stomp on that happiness with her own feelings. That life was cut short, and she didn't take the opportunity when she could. Now all she could do was make the most of the life she has now, by ensuring that the dragon she loved continues to be the happiest she could be. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] “I was merely finishing what you started,” Mandore responded courteously. He too did not feel jealousy at the bond his mate had shared with this dragon, or the yearning in Persephone’s eyes. He was secure in their relationship, and knew Amy was of immense importance to her. He could see it all now, the love she had for the snapper, everything that was left unsaid before the two of them, and it gave him chills to see echoes of what could have been. Not chills of dread, but chills of acknowledgement of the honor he was able to witness this moment. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] Persephone could swear she could see it in Amy’s eyes. The words that the both of them had not said out of the belief there would be more time. She wondered what would have been, if death had not stolen Amy away. But without that loss, she would not have Mandore. She did not regret how things turned out, but it was strange, like seeing a ghost of the past, of a path untravelled. But more than anything, she was glad Amy was alive, and living her dream. They both lived separate lives now, each following paths it felt like they were always destined to. There may be a part of her who wished to embrace and kiss her and never let her go, but that would be a disservice to what they both had built in their time apart. No, it was enough to see her here, in the flesh, living. It was enough that they were able to have more time together, as friends. “Why don’t I show you around The Refuge, a lot has changed since you were last here, and Mandore and I can show you all the fun things to do around here,” Persephone offered, breaking the emotional silence between them. If Amy was only here on a visit, she wanted to make the most of it, and enjoy every second they could spend together. Cement their friendship in these new existences, rather than dwelling on what could have been. Besides, seeing Amy alive and well seemed to fill a hole Persephone had never imagined would be filled. Perhaps loss would not plague her for her entire life. Perhaps, instead, her heart could find true healing. Maybe, she was realizing for the first time, she would not be broken forever. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/232#post_53901355]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @harpyja @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui @Crescentstar711 @sedge122 @Brasil @Lixue @DiamondDogg @GraceShelby1031 @VeniVidiVici @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @GingaSnap @aquaberyl @Pocketdog @lunarkismet @girlofSornieth @octagaze @Lightwolf57 @Volur @Murvax @SakuraSundae @RedSiren @Rainilith @NewmoonWasTaken @pancakeswithabs @LaSilva007[/center] ----- Special thanks to Crescentstar711 for pitching this chapter and writing it with me! She wrote all the bits from Amy's POV. Things really have been going well for Persephone lately, between this chapter and the last, lots of closure and healing, you love to see it.

Day 321: What Could Have Been
Wind-Up Key
Sentence: Writing

79725813_350.png
71985426_350.png

Scat disembarked from the Voyager and gave Trompette and his crew a wave. The Snapper enjoyed their company, and was even able to give some fun sea shanties a try and then jazz them up to her style of singing. She was sure that she’ll see them again though. Being unable to fly meant that transportation like ships, even air ships, were a must to places a great distance away.

Without thinking, she turned towards a path leading into the dense forests of the Gladekeeper’s domain. Scat thought that she would have needed to ask someone at the docks about where to go, but there was an inner knowing, like an itch at the back of her mind, that pulled her down this trail.

Persephone – an old friend from her prior life at the Refuge. It will be amazing to be there again and see her. Will it cause more of her memories to come back? Will the Refuge even be close to the home that she would recall in those memories? There were hundreds of questions whizzing around in her mind, but nothing distracted her feet from where they needed to walk. Soon, she will be there and be in the company of those she cared about – it gave a boost in her step and she began to hum. Then, the humming turned into singing:

“I'll chase the blues away
I'll laugh and sing all day
I've found my lover, someone who'll be true

The blue birds in a tree
Will sing their song to me
For they'll discover I'm no longer blue

I've traveled far
In search of someone like you
For what you are
Is the dream that I've prayed would soon come true

I'll chase the blues away
I'll print some news today
I've found my lover, someone who'll be true."

4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png

dragon?did=76136964&skin=0&apparel=1752,751,43380,22825,14435,31976,31978,4788&xt=dressing.png
scry?sdid=2815847&skin=0&apparel=825,1397,3630,21154,10751,10370&xt=dressing.png

Persephone was chatting with Mandore over the reception counter of the Melodic Geode when the bell over the door rang. She looked up, ready to greet the next customer, and immediately instinctively reached for her pearl as she was overcome with a wave of emotions.

“Am- I mean Scat!” Persephone exclaimed, coughing up some pearl goo onto the desk in shock. “It’s actually you!”

Mandore, who had been facing Persephone, immediately whipped his head around, eyes wide and fins high.

Scat looked up and directly into the eyes of Persephone, and in a moment, it felt like her prior life flashed across her eyes. Her life in the Refuge, her moments singing to dragons on stage, and even the time spent with Persephone... Persephone. She was more than a friend than what the other dragons told her she was. Scat cared deeply for her, more than anyone she knew.

"Persephone," she exclaimed, embarrassingly louder than she wanted, "erhem, apologies. You can still call me Amy. Scat is more of my stage name." She gave a sheepish grin. It was like butterflies were fluttering in her chest, excitement and worry bubbling up within her...But then she remembered that Persephone had made a life for herself, even a mate, a family.

Scat turned towards who she expected was Mandore, "So this is the dragon I have to thank for. You made Persephone so happy, and I am eternally grateful for that," she took off her hat in respect and gave a firm but kind nod. She wasn't jealous of the Mirror, far from. Mandore gave happiness to the one dragon that she deeply cared for, loved even...something she wished she said in that prior life. It wasn't right for her to stomp on that happiness with her own feelings. That life was cut short, and she didn't take the opportunity when she could. Now all she could do was make the most of the life she has now, by ensuring that the dragon she loved continues to be the happiest she could be.

“I was merely finishing what you started,” Mandore responded courteously. He too did not feel jealousy at the bond his mate had shared with this dragon, or the yearning in Persephone’s eyes. He was secure in their relationship, and knew Amy was of immense importance to her. He could see it all now, the love she had for the snapper, everything that was left unsaid before the two of them, and it gave him chills to see echoes of what could have been. Not chills of dread, but chills of acknowledgement of the honor he was able to witness this moment.

Persephone could swear she could see it in Amy’s eyes. The words that the both of them had not said out of the belief there would be more time. She wondered what would have been, if death had not stolen Amy away. But without that loss, she would not have Mandore. She did not regret how things turned out, but it was strange, like seeing a ghost of the past, of a path untravelled.

But more than anything, she was glad Amy was alive, and living her dream. They both lived separate lives now, each following paths it felt like they were always destined to. There may be a part of her who wished to embrace and kiss her and never let her go, but that would be a disservice to what they both had built in their time apart.

No, it was enough to see her here, in the flesh, living. It was enough that they were able to have more time together, as friends.

“Why don’t I show you around The Refuge, a lot has changed since you were last here, and Mandore and I can show you all the fun things to do around here,” Persephone offered, breaking the emotional silence between them. If Amy was only here on a visit, she wanted to make the most of it, and enjoy every second they could spend together. Cement their friendship in these new existences, rather than dwelling on what could have been.

Besides, seeing Amy alive and well seemed to fill a hole Persephone had never imagined would be filled. Perhaps loss would not plague her for her entire life. Perhaps, instead, her heart could find true healing. Maybe, she was realizing for the first time, she would not be broken forever.

Special thanks to Crescentstar711 for pitching this chapter and writing it with me! She wrote all the bits from Amy's POV. Things really have been going well for Persephone lately, between this chapter and the last, lots of closure and healing, you love to see it.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
AaaAAAAA reunion at last! Persephone is getting so much deserved happiness. It also made me double check and wow she's been around for a long while. She's one of the more longer-lasting members so far! She def deserves all of this with what she's been through.
AaaAAAAA reunion at last! Persephone is getting so much deserved happiness. It also made me double check and wow she's been around for a long while. She's one of the more longer-lasting members so far! She def deserves all of this with what she's been through.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
@Lixue

She really has needed this happiness for a long time! Sometimes it catches me off guard which dragons have been around for longer periods of time! The most recent dragon to hit a year old is Aes, and Thorne and Reed will be a year old on the 19th!
@Lixue

She really has needed this happiness for a long time! Sometimes it catches me off guard which dragons have been around for longer periods of time! The most recent dragon to hit a year old is Aes, and Thorne and Reed will be a year old on the 19th!
Aww, that was such a lovely, wholesome interaction! Agree with Lixue, Persephone deserves all that happiness and more. I'm glad she and Mandore could catch up with Scat!
Aww, that was such a lovely, wholesome interaction! Agree with Lixue, Persephone deserves all that happiness and more. I'm glad she and Mandore could catch up with Scat!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Thank you so much for writing this chapter with me! It's so sweet to see Persephone finally get some closure with the loss of Amy and some sort of future that is positive (at least for now) with those she loves. Also, I didn't say why I chose that particular song - it was a notable song from Ella Fitzgerald, one of my favorite jazz singers. Being that it is a song that embodies the happiness that she is feeling heading back to the Refuge as well as, unbeknownst to her, the fact that she is indeed seeing her love again, it felt like a perfect fit [emoji=snapper happy size=1]
Thank you so much for writing this chapter with me! It's so sweet to see Persephone finally get some closure with the loss of Amy and some sort of future that is positive (at least for now) with those she loves.

Also, I didn't say why I chose that particular song - it was a notable song from Ella Fitzgerald, one of my favorite jazz singers. Being that it is a song that embodies the happiness that she is feeling heading back to the Refuge as well as, unbeknownst to her, the fact that she is indeed seeing her love again, it felt like a perfect fit
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
@Disillusionist

Gosh, Persephone, out of all my dragons, is one of the ones who have faced the most loss! Her song kinda lead into leaning into the tragedy of it all, as well as her mental health struggles, and I wasn't expecting to pull her out this far, but god does she ever deserve these good breaks coming her way!

@Crescentstar711

And thank you for writing with me, it's always a delight!!! And oh that's a fun bit of trivia! I was wondering whether it was a pre-existing song, or one you made up, I'm glad it means so much to you and I feel honored that you would share it with me and The Refuge.
@Disillusionist

Gosh, Persephone, out of all my dragons, is one of the ones who have faced the most loss! Her song kinda lead into leaning into the tragedy of it all, as well as her mental health struggles, and I wasn't expecting to pull her out this far, but god does she ever deserve these good breaks coming her way!

@Crescentstar711

And thank you for writing with me, it's always a delight!!! And oh that's a fun bit of trivia! I was wondering whether it was a pre-existing song, or one you made up, I'm glad it means so much to you and I feel honored that you would share it with me and The Refuge.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/232#post_53887289]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 322: Return[/u][/b] [item=black-lipped wolfsbane] Sentence: 10-20 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82995722][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=82995722&skin=45789&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77468635][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=21&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=60&tertgene=65&winggene=70&wings=6&auth=6a74302a727465e697c714a6f7648117e8aec0fa&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "David?" Pristi looked up from the book she was reading in the lobby of the Melodic Geode. She was surprised to see the other veilspun approach - he didn't have another appointment until tomorrow. At first, he did not respond. Scat's voice filled the silence. It seemed charged with something, but Pristi could not identify what. "I just wanted to thank you," David said at last. "I can't remember the last time I felt like myself, and I don't think I ever would have returned without you. I would have been stuck, yearning for that archfey who was toying with me." Pristi didn't know what to say, she felt flustered by his sudden compliments. In fact, a sort of warmth and giddiness spread through her that she had never felt before. There was something in David's eyes as well, indescribable. She had never been looked at quite that way before. No words passed between them, just unspoken emotions. And it was then that Pristi realized she was in love with David. And unless she was mistaken, she was pretty sure he felt the same way. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78296593][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=78296593&skin=46239&apparel=42693,6270,37374,10967,12190,37394&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78441130][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=78441130&skin=0&apparel=23290,32701,32705,32703,32702,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hey! Victor!" LIV shouted after her brother. She was surprised to have run into him along this path, he had not shown his face at Orphan Manor in quite some time, and LIV and the rest of her family were getting worried for him. The guardian turned his head, a surprised expression upon his face. He did not respond, however, and just began racing off. But LIV was faster. Sure, Victor had size on his side, but LIV was lithe, and bogsneaks were built for speed along the ground. She could slip between boxes and barrels and take shortcuts, until she was in front of him, and she leaped in front of him, cutting him off. "What the hell, man? First, you disappear! Then, you start avoiding us? I know there aren't many brains left in that skull of yours, but we miss you! You are our brother, you can't just run away like that!" LIV shouted. She was surprised by how much she had bottled this up, and now it was all pouring out in front of her. "Things have changed," Victor said, not meeting her gaze. "Victor, you are speaking in complete sentences!" LIV's surprise cut off her tirade. "You seem more... whole? What happened?" "My soul has been separate from my body for quite some time now," Victor sighed. "I have some memories of my time with you and my family, but those were things my physical form experienced. Gwen brought me back, LIV. I am myself again." "So what if you're different? You're still my brother! I still want to know you!" LIV shot back. "It's complicated now, for more reasons than you might think," Victor sighed, looking at her with sad eyes. LIV wanted to shout at him to shut up on all this ridiculous, but a certain seriousness in his expressions stopped her, allowing him time to explain. "LIV, I'm a shade-hunter. I've had a vendetta ever since I was young. I killed shade-touched dragons indiscriminately, and I wasn't always driven by rationality. I thought, once I died, I would burn in the pits of hell, but I got stuck. Because Cerys revived my body. There was still some link, I could not move on. And now I'm back, and I still feel the brotherly love towards you, and Doppio, and Dominga. But, LIV." His voice cracked. "I don't trust myself. I hate the shade so much, and I know you do too. But I even killed dragons trying to get rid of their shade. If I spent any significant time around your family, as small as their fragments may be, I would be compelled to kill them on sight. So the best way I can love them is from a distance, it's my only way to keep them alive. I can never return again, it's too dangerous." "Well that's just stupid," LIV scoffed. "How hard is it to just not kill someone?" "Harder than you would believe, LIV." Victor said. "Harder than you would believe." He sighed. "Look, a part of me misses you too. But things are different now, and they can't ever be how they were. I live with Gwen now, she is my charge. And I can't see you or our brothers anymore." "You can, you're just too much of a coward," LIV spat. "Look, once you've stopped being such an idiot, come home. We'll be waiting for you." With that, LIV ran away, tears streaming down her cheeks. Because as much as she was loathe to admit it, Victor was right, he was something of a stranger now, and she couldn't let a stranger see her cry. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82646483][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=82646483&skin=0&apparel=6266,45489,35550,35541,35535&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Paint splattered everywhere as Earnest painted with vigour. Normally, he would be more careful, but they were almost home. They would be docking at the top of The Refuge at any moment, and he had to capture the view that caused him such delight. Even if the circumstances of their return was less than ideal, Earnest had to admit he was excited to visit his family again and paint the great tree. He was so caught up in his painting, he almost didn't notice the arrival of the other airship. It was only when the shadow of the ship above crossed his canvas that he realized it. Zemira's crew was arriving at the exact same time. This would not be a casual arrival. Time was of the essence. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/233#post_53916089]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @harpyja @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui @Crescentstar711 @sedge122 @Brasil @Lixue @DiamondDogg @GraceShelby1031 @VeniVidiVici @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @GingaSnap @aquaberyl @Pocketdog @lunarkismet @girlofSornieth @octagaze @Lightwolf57 @Volur @Murvax @SakuraSundae @RedSiren @Rainilith @NewmoonWasTaken @pancakeswithabs @LaSilva007[/center] ----- Coli today was Pristi (lvs 1-3), LIV (lv 4) and Earnest (lvs 4-5)! We were in the training fields and they all made it through alive!

Day 322: Return
Black-lipped Wolfsbane
Sentence: 10-20 Coli Battles

dragon?did=82995722&skin=45789&apparel=&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=1&body=21&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=60&tertgene=65&winggene=70&wings=6&auth=6a74302a727465e697c714a6f7648117e8aec0fa&dummyext=prev.png

"David?" Pristi looked up from the book she was reading in the lobby of the Melodic Geode. She was surprised to see the other veilspun approach - he didn't have another appointment until tomorrow.

At first, he did not respond. Scat's voice filled the silence. It seemed charged with something, but Pristi could not identify what.

"I just wanted to thank you," David said at last. "I can't remember the last time I felt like myself, and I don't think I ever would have returned without you. I would have been stuck, yearning for that archfey who was toying with me."

Pristi didn't know what to say, she felt flustered by his sudden compliments. In fact, a sort of warmth and giddiness spread through her that she had never felt before.

There was something in David's eyes as well, indescribable. She had never been looked at quite that way before.

No words passed between them, just unspoken emotions. And it was then that Pristi realized she was in love with David. And unless she was mistaken, she was pretty sure he felt the same way.

dragon?did=78296593&skin=46239&apparel=42693,6270,37374,10967,12190,37394&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=78441130&skin=0&apparel=23290,32701,32705,32703,32702,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png

"Hey! Victor!" LIV shouted after her brother. She was surprised to have run into him along this path, he had not shown his face at Orphan Manor in quite some time, and LIV and the rest of her family were getting worried for him.

The guardian turned his head, a surprised expression upon his face. He did not respond, however, and just began racing off.

But LIV was faster.

Sure, Victor had size on his side, but LIV was lithe, and bogsneaks were built for speed along the ground. She could slip between boxes and barrels and take shortcuts, until she was in front of him, and she leaped in front of him, cutting him off.

"What the hell, man? First, you disappear! Then, you start avoiding us? I know there aren't many brains left in that skull of yours, but we miss you! You are our brother, you can't just run away like that!" LIV shouted. She was surprised by how much she had bottled this up, and now it was all pouring out in front of her.

"Things have changed," Victor said, not meeting her gaze.

"Victor, you are speaking in complete sentences!" LIV's surprise cut off her tirade. "You seem more... whole? What happened?"

"My soul has been separate from my body for quite some time now," Victor sighed. "I have some memories of my time with you and my family, but those were things my physical form experienced. Gwen brought me back, LIV. I am myself again."

"So what if you're different? You're still my brother! I still want to know you!" LIV shot back.

"It's complicated now, for more reasons than you might think," Victor sighed, looking at her with sad eyes. LIV wanted to shout at him to shut up on all this ridiculous, but a certain seriousness in his expressions stopped her, allowing him time to explain. "LIV, I'm a shade-hunter. I've had a vendetta ever since I was young. I killed shade-touched dragons indiscriminately, and I wasn't always driven by rationality. I thought, once I died, I would burn in the pits of hell, but I got stuck. Because Cerys revived my body. There was still some link, I could not move on. And now I'm back, and I still feel the brotherly love towards you, and Doppio, and Dominga. But, LIV." His voice cracked. "I don't trust myself. I hate the shade so much, and I know you do too. But I even killed dragons trying to get rid of their shade. If I spent any significant time around your family, as small as their fragments may be, I would be compelled to kill them on sight. So the best way I can love them is from a distance, it's my only way to keep them alive. I can never return again, it's too dangerous."

"Well that's just stupid," LIV scoffed. "How hard is it to just not kill someone?"

"Harder than you would believe, LIV." Victor said. "Harder than you would believe." He sighed. "Look, a part of me misses you too. But things are different now, and they can't ever be how they were. I live with Gwen now, she is my charge. And I can't see you or our brothers anymore."

"You can, you're just too much of a coward," LIV spat. "Look, once you've stopped being such an idiot, come home. We'll be waiting for you."

With that, LIV ran away, tears streaming down her cheeks. Because as much as she was loathe to admit it, Victor was right, he was something of a stranger now, and she couldn't let a stranger see her cry.

dragon?did=82646483&skin=0&apparel=6266,45489,35550,35541,35535&xt=dressing.png

Paint splattered everywhere as Earnest painted with vigour. Normally, he would be more careful, but they were almost home. They would be docking at the top of The Refuge at any moment, and he had to capture the view that caused him such delight. Even if the circumstances of their return was less than ideal, Earnest had to admit he was excited to visit his family again and paint the great tree.

He was so caught up in his painting, he almost didn't notice the arrival of the other airship. It was only when the shadow of the ship above crossed his canvas that he realized it.

Zemira's crew was arriving at the exact same time. This would not be a casual arrival. Time was of the essence.

Coli today was Pristi (lvs 1-3), LIV (lv 4) and Earnest (lvs 4-5)! We were in the training fields and they all made it through alive!
Victor was a shade hunter? On one hand, very useful with a certain castle nearby, on the other, man that really makes things complicated. And the clashing of the two crews is imminent! Caspian is about to have a big old storm around him any moment, poor boy.
Victor was a shade hunter? On one hand, very useful with a certain castle nearby, on the other, man that really makes things complicated. And the clashing of the two crews is imminent! Caspian is about to have a big old storm around him any moment, poor boy.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
@Lixue

He sure was! Someone very important to him was killed by the shade and he turned into a vigilante justice kinda guy, and old habits die hard.

Hehehehehe just you wait until the next chapter, then things are really going to go down.
@Lixue

He sure was! Someone very important to him was killed by the shade and he turned into a vigilante justice kinda guy, and old habits die hard.

Hehehehehe just you wait until the next chapter, then things are really going to go down.
1 2 ... 230 231 232 233 234 ... 249 250