Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 249 250
[i]pinglist yes[/i] [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] Also welcome to Nature :D
pinglist yes

Also welcome to Nature :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Petall Welcome back!! Good to see you again [emoji=spiral laughing size=1]. Would love to stay on the pinglist~.
@Petall Welcome back!! Good to see you again . Would love to stay on the pinglist~.
@Drachenschwinge

Thank you!!! It's good to see you again!!!

@Dynami

Thank you! I'm doing a lot better than I have been previously! I hope you are doing well as well!

@Leopardmask

Thank you!!! I am so excited to be here, it's a flight I have always admired!!!

@Sabariel

So good to see you again too!!! I hope you have been doing well!!!
@Drachenschwinge

Thank you!!! It's good to see you again!!!

@Dynami

Thank you! I'm doing a lot better than I have been previously! I hope you are doing well as well!

@Leopardmask

Thank you!!! I am so excited to be here, it's a flight I have always admired!!!

@Sabariel

So good to see you again too!!! I hope you have been doing well!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall - You're one of my favorite lore writers here, of course I want to stay on the pinglist! Congratulations! (Maybe this will inspire me to finally finish my own unfinished Pinkerlocke set in Nature. :) )
@Petall - You're one of my favorite lore writers here, of course I want to stay on the pinglist! Congratulations! (Maybe this will inspire me to finally finish my own unfinished Pinkerlocke set in Nature. :) )
@BarbaraFett

Aw, thank you, that means so much to me!!! I am so happy to have you back!!!
@BarbaraFett

Aw, thank you, that means so much to me!!! I am so happy to have you back!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall - Thanks, and you're welcome! I love slice-of-life lore just as much as elaborately-plotted stories, so I'm looking forward to this! :)
@Petall - Thanks, and you're welcome! I love slice-of-life lore just as much as elaborately-plotted stories, so I'm looking forward to this! :)
----- [center][b][u]Day 0: Fugitive[/u][/b] [item=Carnaval Tulip] Sentence: Revoked (Prologue)[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73734606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It was another beautiful day in The Refuge. Not that Sage had ever had an ugly day here, of course. Even the stormiest days brought their own unique experiences. Sure, it scared her to hear the branches of The Refuge creak as they swayed in the heavy wind, but it was a testament to her strength, and the strength of the Gladekeeper. After all, it was the deity who had created the tree, and created Sage to be the guardian of it. But today was sunny. The warmth from the sky above filtered down through the gaps between the trees that the clearing provided, and Sage was lying on the grass, soaking in the rays. It was just her and the tree, as it had always been. As it should always be. It was then that she heard the cracks of twigs announcing and approaching creature. The great guardian lifted her head, not wanting to appear threatening, but ready to spring into action should her charge need defending. She got to her feet and allowed her shoulders to relax when she recognized the sight of her oldest and dearest friend, the nomad Shale. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73279407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73279407&skin=0&apparel=716,18813,25044,293,494&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh, thank goodness you are here! Not that you ever aren't," The mirror laughed nervously as his thin and lanky body came to a halt. Sage could still tell that his muscles were tensed and his whole being rippled with anxiety, as if he expected to be sprung upon at any moment. Sage had never seen Shale like this, and it almost scared her. "Please, if you need to hide from something, we can retreat to my den. You know I don't let anything hurt this tree, or those that inhabit it," Sage urged. "You know, that's not a half bad idea," Shale sighed, clearly trying to relax, though the tension was causing his body to quiver and he was out of breath. He seemed almost jumpy as he followed Sage into her humbly furnished den beneath the roots of the great Sycamore. "Now, please tell me what is going on. Is someone after you?" Sage asked as she poured him some tea, warmed by the sun. "In a way, though I am not the target," Shale admitted, glancing at the bag he had set down but not let go of. "I may have done something reckless." "When do you not?" Sage asked. "What's got you so spooked this time?" "Okay, it might be more than reckless," Shale grimaced. "But I couldn't leave it there. They were wanting to destroy it, or trade it for something from the Plague Flight or something. They wouldn't have treated it like they were supposed to, it would just be a pawn in the stupid conflict between Nature and Plague." "Did you take something from the Pox Consulate?" Sage could feel her blood her riled up. If he infected the tree with something, she didn't care how long she had known him, she would rip him to shreds. "Yes? But not like that! You see-" Shale must have noticed Sage's gaze grow more hostile because he stopped trying to explain. "It would be better to just show you, I think." At this point, the mirror pulled bag the flap on his leather bag to reveal something, round, pale green, pulsating and leaking a thin membrane of ooze. Sage immediately recoiled, the thing looked so diseased. All of her instincts were throwing her into overdrive, telling her to protect the tree before it got sick. It took all of her restraint to not destroy it in a heartbeat, if and even then it was the idea that bursting it would likely be worse. It wasn't until Shale put it on the table and the light pouring in from one of the root-surrounded windows hit the object from behind, revealing the silhouette of a very mature hatchling. It was so tight in the egg, she could not even identify the breed. If Sage had to guess, it was days, if not moments, from hatching. "They had a [i]child[/i]?" Sage was taken aback with a whole new kind of fury. "If those idiots stole from the Plague Flight we will never wash the blood off of our hands, this would be the end of any truce we pretend we have going-" "It's not stolen, it spawned there. The superstitious knuckleheads at the Consulate said it was a dragon infected with a superdisease spawned to destroy our flight. All ridiculousness of course, but I couldn't leave a kid to whatever fate they had planned for him, and you are the most neutral, safest person I know. I can't protect it on my own." Shale explained, growing more emboldened and resolute with every passing word. The inner conflict started within Sage, but she pushed down her nature-taught prejudice. Plague dragons weren't actually dangerous to the flora and fauna of the Viridian Labyrinth. And she couldn't leave a child to die some horrible fate. "I hope you aren't expecting me to raise it on my own, I've got my hands full with protecting the tree." Sage narrowed her eyes. "Of course not, I figured I'd stay and help raise the kid. Then, when they are old enough to fend for themselves we can train them and I'll take them travelling with me. Or they can go off where they want. We just need to lie low until the danger has passed, and I know The Refuge is secluded." Shale explained. "Are you sure you can stay in one place for so long, I know you get antsy," Sage asked. "Eh, I'll go for lots of runs, don't worry about it. The kid is more important." He waved his tail in dismissal. "Now, we need a place for this to incu-" But Shale didn't have the chance to finish his sentence. Just then, there was a huge popping noise as puss flew out in all directions. Sage watched Shale spit some that had gotten into his mouth into his tea cup. Sitting before them was a extremely damp tundra hatchling, eyes closed and taking his first shaky breaths as he got used to working his lungs. His fur was a sort of beige, and his mane and wings were a light green colour, the same as freshly budding leaves. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73985412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=105&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=177&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=37&auth=e19bd1578319812e484c078d60c8134560ea3a3d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Shale immediately jumped into action, grabbing a cloth Sage handed him. With the remaining sunwarmed-water, the mirror rubbed down the hatchling until he was clean. It was as he was drying the child off with a towel that he opened his eyes for the first time, revealed a deep dark blood red. Sage sighed. Those eyes would bring him more trouble than he deserved. "Do you want to name him? He is under your roof after all, this will always be his birthplace," Shale said. "Morning," Sage decided, the word already on her tongue before she knew it was there. "He represents something new. Whether he brings it about directly or not, he will be part of the peace that will come between out two flights some day." [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37364871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2094786&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] It had taken Adriel longer than she had wanted to arrive at the Pox Consulate, but what else could you expect when an emperor was still loose in the Sunbeam Ruins and travel expectations had still not yet changed to reflect that? "You called?" She asked the wildclaw whom the outer guards had brought her to. This was going to be a big job, she could tell. And a big job meant more money, and more money meant buying more cute trinkets to fill her lair back home. "Yes, we've had something of grave importance stolen from us," the wildclaw explained. "I don't fetch trinkets," Adriel sniffed. "At least, not if you want to see them again." "No, we are aware you are an assassin, and we want you to do a full job," the wildclaw smirked. "and trust me, you will be paid handsomely for it. Now, you aren't quite what we were expecting when we put out the ad, but your reputation precedes you, and we trust you can complete the task we have set out for you. I just must ask- do you have any moral qualms with doing away with hatchlings?" ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/3#post_49653681]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett[/center] ----- Here we go, off to our grand start!!! I am so excited about all of these characters, and I can't wait to see how this clan grows and shifts as time goes on!!! Adriel is my level 25 dragon I bought so I could still do Coli grinding if I wanted, and since she is level 25, she gets to exist in the pinkerlocke as an NPC, so I am very excited for all the things I am going to be able to do with her knowing that she is safe from dying!

Day 0: Fugitive
Carnaval Tulip
Sentence: Revoked (Prologue)

scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png

It was another beautiful day in The Refuge. Not that Sage had ever had an ugly day here, of course. Even the stormiest days brought their own unique experiences. Sure, it scared her to hear the branches of The Refuge creak as they swayed in the heavy wind, but it was a testament to her strength, and the strength of the Gladekeeper. After all, it was the deity who had created the tree, and created Sage to be the guardian of it.

But today was sunny. The warmth from the sky above filtered down through the gaps between the trees that the clearing provided, and Sage was lying on the grass, soaking in the rays. It was just her and the tree, as it had always been. As it should always be.

It was then that she heard the cracks of twigs announcing and approaching creature. The great guardian lifted her head, not wanting to appear threatening, but ready to spring into action should her charge need defending. She got to her feet and allowed her shoulders to relax when she recognized the sight of her oldest and dearest friend, the nomad Shale.
dragon?did=73279407&skin=0&apparel=716,18813,25044,293,494&xt=dressing.png

"Oh, thank goodness you are here! Not that you ever aren't," The mirror laughed nervously as his thin and lanky body came to a halt. Sage could still tell that his muscles were tensed and his whole being rippled with anxiety, as if he expected to be sprung upon at any moment.

Sage had never seen Shale like this, and it almost scared her.

"Please, if you need to hide from something, we can retreat to my den. You know I don't let anything hurt this tree, or those that inhabit it," Sage urged.

"You know, that's not a half bad idea," Shale sighed, clearly trying to relax, though the tension was causing his body to quiver and he was out of breath. He seemed almost jumpy as he followed Sage into her humbly furnished den beneath the roots of the great Sycamore.

"Now, please tell me what is going on. Is someone after you?" Sage asked as she poured him some tea, warmed by the sun.

"In a way, though I am not the target," Shale admitted, glancing at the bag he had set down but not let go of. "I may have done something reckless."

"When do you not?" Sage asked. "What's got you so spooked this time?"

"Okay, it might be more than reckless," Shale grimaced. "But I couldn't leave it there. They were wanting to destroy it, or trade it for something from the Plague Flight or something. They wouldn't have treated it like they were supposed to, it would just be a pawn in the stupid conflict between Nature and Plague."

"Did you take something from the Pox Consulate?" Sage could feel her blood her riled up. If he infected the tree with something, she didn't care how long she had known him, she would rip him to shreds.

"Yes? But not like that! You see-" Shale must have noticed Sage's gaze grow more hostile because he stopped trying to explain. "It would be better to just show you, I think."

At this point, the mirror pulled bag the flap on his leather bag to reveal something, round, pale green, pulsating and leaking a thin membrane of ooze. Sage immediately recoiled, the thing looked so diseased. All of her instincts were throwing her into overdrive, telling her to protect the tree before it got sick. It took all of her restraint to not destroy it in a heartbeat, if and even then it was the idea that bursting it would likely be worse.

It wasn't until Shale put it on the table and the light pouring in from one of the root-surrounded windows hit the object from behind, revealing the silhouette of a very mature hatchling. It was so tight in the egg, she could not even identify the breed. If Sage had to guess, it was days, if not moments, from hatching.

"They had a child?" Sage was taken aback with a whole new kind of fury. "If those idiots stole from the Plague Flight we will never wash the blood off of our hands, this would be the end of any truce we pretend we have going-"

"It's not stolen, it spawned there. The superstitious knuckleheads at the Consulate said it was a dragon infected with a superdisease spawned to destroy our flight. All ridiculousness of course, but I couldn't leave a kid to whatever fate they had planned for him, and you are the most neutral, safest person I know. I can't protect it on my own." Shale explained, growing more emboldened and resolute with every passing word.

The inner conflict started within Sage, but she pushed down her nature-taught prejudice. Plague dragons weren't actually dangerous to the flora and fauna of the Viridian Labyrinth. And she couldn't leave a child to die some horrible fate.

"I hope you aren't expecting me to raise it on my own, I've got my hands full with protecting the tree." Sage narrowed her eyes.

"Of course not, I figured I'd stay and help raise the kid. Then, when they are old enough to fend for themselves we can train them and I'll take them travelling with me. Or they can go off where they want. We just need to lie low until the danger has passed, and I know The Refuge is secluded." Shale explained.

"Are you sure you can stay in one place for so long, I know you get antsy," Sage asked.

"Eh, I'll go for lots of runs, don't worry about it. The kid is more important." He waved his tail in dismissal. "Now, we need a place for this to incu-"

But Shale didn't have the chance to finish his sentence. Just then, there was a huge popping noise as puss flew out in all directions. Sage watched Shale spit some that had gotten into his mouth into his tea cup.

Sitting before them was a extremely damp tundra hatchling, eyes closed and taking his first shaky breaths as he got used to working his lungs. His fur was a sort of beige, and his mane and wings were a light green colour, the same as freshly budding leaves.
dragon?age=0&body=105&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=177&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=37&auth=e19bd1578319812e484c078d60c8134560ea3a3d&dummyext=prev.png

Shale immediately jumped into action, grabbing a cloth Sage handed him. With the remaining sunwarmed-water, the mirror rubbed down the hatchling until he was clean. It was as he was drying the child off with a towel that he opened his eyes for the first time, revealed a deep dark blood red. Sage sighed. Those eyes would bring him more trouble than he deserved.

"Do you want to name him? He is under your roof after all, this will always be his birthplace," Shale said.

"Morning," Sage decided, the word already on her tongue before she knew it was there. "He represents something new. Whether he brings it about directly or not, he will be part of the peace that will come between out two flights some day."

4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png
scry?sdid=2094786&skin=0&apparel=27355,18030,25797,25793,25792,25794,1748&xt=dressing.png

It had taken Adriel longer than she had wanted to arrive at the Pox Consulate, but what else could you expect when an emperor was still loose in the Sunbeam Ruins and travel expectations had still not yet changed to reflect that?

"You called?" She asked the wildclaw whom the outer guards had brought her to. This was going to be a big job, she could tell. And a big job meant more money, and more money meant buying more cute trinkets to fill her lair back home.

"Yes, we've had something of grave importance stolen from us," the wildclaw explained.

"I don't fetch trinkets," Adriel sniffed. "At least, not if you want to see them again."

"No, we are aware you are an assassin, and we want you to do a full job," the wildclaw smirked. "and trust me, you will be paid handsomely for it. Now, you aren't quite what we were expecting when we put out the ad, but your reputation precedes you, and we trust you can complete the task we have set out for you. I just must ask- do you have any moral qualms with doing away with hatchlings?"

Here we go, off to our grand start!!! I am so excited about all of these characters, and I can't wait to see how this clan grows and shifts as time goes on!!!

Adriel is my level 25 dragon I bought so I could still do Coli grinding if I wanted, and since she is level 25, she gets to exist in the pinkerlocke as an NPC, so I am very excited for all the things I am going to be able to do with her knowing that she is safe from dying!
@Petall Welcome back! It's so wonderful to see you again! Please add me to the pinglist; I'm excited to see your new clan's adventures in Nature! :D

Love the dynamic between Shale and Sage! So much history between their first interaction; I love how the reader can quickly understand what firm friends they are. Also love how you've reflected the BotE conflict here: Very tense, but it'll be exciting to see where this goes!

Morning is so pretty! And wow, I Adriel's concept is great! We don't normally see brightly colored assassins, but she looks great with those colors -- and the black mask is such a neat touch, too!
@Petall Welcome back! It's so wonderful to see you again! Please add me to the pinglist; I'm excited to see your new clan's adventures in Nature! :D

Love the dynamic between Shale and Sage! So much history between their first interaction; I love how the reader can quickly understand what firm friends they are. Also love how you've reflected the BotE conflict here: Very tense, but it'll be exciting to see where this goes!

Morning is so pretty! And wow, I Adriel's concept is great! We don't normally see brightly colored assassins, but she looks great with those colors -- and the black mask is such a neat touch, too!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Eyyyyy! It's so good to see you again!!! I am glad you are enjoying these characters so much, I am very excited to explore them and see where their stories go!!!

I really need to catch up with your lore soon, I've missed reading it!!!
@Disillusionist

Eyyyyy! It's so good to see you again!!! I am glad you are enjoying these characters so much, I am very excited to explore them and see where their stories go!!!

I really need to catch up with your lore soon, I've missed reading it!!!
@Petall

Oh, please do put me on the ping-list again! These stories of yours are always good!
@Petall

Oh, please do put me on the ping-list again! These stories of yours are always good!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 249 250