Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Bloodwing Legacy {War + Locke}{PG+}
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds

I didn't do the tag right on the previous post, there was a death streak hhh
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds

I didn't do the tag right on the previous post, there was a death streak hhh
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Oh my god noooo ;3; my heart died, this is sad ;3;
Oh my god noooo ;3; my heart died, this is sad ;3;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
[img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/23857.png[/img] @fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds Did 17 battles with Cisco, Locus, and Tico today. I got them to level 4, which means everyone is evenly leveled except for Baroke and Lai, who are level 7. However, that's not really going to be referenced in the story all that much. The whole point of having them do the fights were so that everyone is more equal in level. [quote] The cave fell into an uncomfortable silence after Cormac passed. Lai hadn't moved a muscle from her son's side nor had she made a sound, all that betrayed her emotional was the silent stream of tears running down her face. The rest of the party had hardly any time to react to the death, many of them being too shocked to do anything other than stare. The first to break the silence was Amnity, a loud wail escaping her as she ran forward towards her adopted brother's body. "No! Cormac, why?!" She sobbed. "Not my brother, not now, not him too!" Lai looked up at her adopted daughter, gently pulling the distraught skydancer into her embrace, still remaining quiet. Baroke watched from the sidelines, still holding Tico in his arms, the young coatl shaking like a leaf. The spiral stared at the dragonesses, guilt hanging heavy in his heart as he gazed at Lai. Even though she volunteered to come with him and Ferro at the start, Baroke felt like he had taken everything from the coatl thanks to this wretched journey. First her home, then her mate and children, what was next? Her life? Baroke looked away with shame, not being able to bear the thought. This journey was wearing on him, majorly. At first the spiral thought he would'nt care, he'd just get it over with so he could return to his mate and continue towards their goal. But now? Now, Baroke wanted nothing more than for this journey to end, end so that Lai could take what was left of her family; Amnity, Coagulation, and the children; back to her Clan. He wanted nothing more than to give Tico a safe home. He thought about Shaneya, would she like that? Would she even let that happen? Baroke furrowed his brow, of course she probably wouldn't. She probably wouldn't even take him back as her mate when he returned once she what he'd become. He grew to care for these dragons and he found a kindness and kinship in Lai and Ferro he'd never seen, and if that was what most of the clan were like, they were good dragons. In that moment, Baroke resolved he would push them through the mission as quickly as possible to return to the Clan of the Lapidia, for the party's sake, not for his. And if Aegis, his daughter, was still proceeding with the original plan, he would stop them. He wouldn't let a whole clan fall due to his mistakes. Baroke handed Tico off to Talis and Locus before going to approach Lai and Amnity. He gently touched both of their shoulders, having them look at him. "Lai, Amnity…" he began, hardly finding his voice. "We need to get him buried and continue on with our journey. Tico's hurt and we have to get somewhere safe. We can't stay here, there could be more Corpse Cleaners" Amnity wiped her tears away and nodded, but Lai said nothing nor even did anything to indicate that she had heard. Baroke sighed, knowing that this was probably the hardest for her and did nothing to press the issue. Instead, he went to begin undressing Cormac's body, like they had done for Ferro. Perhaps they would pass these items on to Talis or Locus, or if Lai had any children in the future, maybe she would give the apparel to them, passing it along as Ferro did to Cormac. He grabbed the chest wrappings and began to unravel them before getting to the portion that had been severed by the Corpse Cleaner's antler. "It's odd…" Baroke said, thinking aloud. "Corpse Cleaners usually only go for carrion, how come this one went for living flesh?" Then, as if to answer him, several shrill voices began hissing and shrieking within the caverns. "It h-had a family?!" Amnity said, her grip on her brother's corpse going almost white-knuckeled. Tico gripped onto Locus' leg. "L-lo.. I don't want to die…" the young coatl said, crying. Locus bent down to let the small coatl climb onto his back. "I won't let that happen, Tico… I won't let them get you again." Coagulation moved to stand by Amnity, getting ready to protect his mate. "And I won't let them harm you, or anyone else." The mirror stated. Baroke shook his head. "We can't stay and fight, no one is in the condition to." He said. "We have to get out of here, now." "Wh-what about Cormac?!" Amnity said, pulling her brother's limp hand to her chest, obviously reluctant to leave his body here to be consumed by other Corpse Cleaners. Baroke looked at Coagulation and the mirror nodded. This wasn't the first time the duo had carried a body before. Like father, unfortunately like son…. But Baroke wouldn't do it this time. "I'll carry him, my dear," Coagulation said, "just help me get him on my back." Amnity nodded and pushed her brother's body onto Coagulation's wing before rolling him onto the mirror's back. Coagulation lifted his wings to keep the wildclaw's body in place. Baroke turned to the children. "Guys, start running, we'll catch up!" He ordered. Locus nodded, turning and running out with Tico hanging onto him, Talis following close behind. Cisco stalled for a moment, but when the Bogsneak saw Coagulation and Amnity begin making their way to the exit. Baroke began following them as they slowly began to leave, but then noticed the group was missing someone. Lai. Baroke turned to see the coatl walking towards the horrendous noises of the Corpse Cleaners and swiftly went to her side "Lai, what are you doing? We have to get out of here!" Baroke said, making her turn to face him. "Why?" She croaked. "My mate and children are dead. What else is there for me to live for?" Baroke was taken aback. "Lai… Lai it's not like you to say that! What about Amnity? What about those you know back in the clan?" Lai just shrugged. "They'll survive." She then pulled away from them, turning to walk away. Baroke couldn't believe it. The once happy go lucky coatl he knew was going to commit suicide?! He couldn't let her do that! Without much time nor thought, Baroke clenched his jaw. "I'm sorry…" he mumbled before sending a Contuse straight to the back of Lai's head, knocking the Coatl out. He then ran to her falling form and began dragging her out of the cave, following behind Coagulation and Amnity as fast as he could. [/quote]
23857.png

Did 17 battles with Cisco, Locus, and Tico today. I got them to level 4, which means everyone is evenly leveled except for Baroke and Lai, who are level 7. However, that's not really going to be referenced in the story all that much. The whole point of having them do the fights were so that everyone is more equal in level.
Quote:
The cave fell into an uncomfortable silence after Cormac passed. Lai hadn't moved a muscle from her son's side nor had she made a sound, all that betrayed her emotional was the silent stream of tears running down her face.

The rest of the party had hardly any time to react to the death, many of them being too shocked to do anything other than stare. The first to break the silence was Amnity, a loud wail escaping her as she ran forward towards her adopted brother's body.

"No! Cormac, why?!" She sobbed. "Not my brother, not now, not him too!"

Lai looked up at her adopted daughter, gently pulling the distraught skydancer into her embrace, still remaining quiet.

Baroke watched from the sidelines, still holding Tico in his arms, the young coatl shaking like a leaf. The spiral stared at the dragonesses, guilt hanging heavy in his heart as he gazed at Lai. Even though she volunteered to come with him and Ferro at the start, Baroke felt like he had taken everything from the coatl thanks to this wretched journey. First her home, then her mate and children, what was next? Her life? Baroke looked away with shame, not being able to bear the thought. This journey was wearing on him, majorly. At first the spiral thought he would'nt care, he'd just get it over with so he could return to his mate and continue towards their goal. But now? Now, Baroke wanted nothing more than for this journey to end, end so that Lai could take what was left of her family; Amnity, Coagulation, and the children; back to her Clan. He wanted nothing more than to give Tico a safe home. He thought about Shaneya, would she like that? Would she even let that happen? Baroke furrowed his brow, of course she probably wouldn't. She probably wouldn't even take him back as her mate when he returned once she what he'd become. He grew to care for these dragons and he found a kindness and kinship in Lai and Ferro he'd never seen, and if that was what most of the clan were like, they were good dragons. In that moment, Baroke resolved he would push them through the mission as quickly as possible to return to the Clan of the Lapidia, for the party's sake, not for his. And if Aegis, his daughter, was still proceeding with the original plan, he would stop them. He wouldn't let a whole clan fall due to his mistakes.

Baroke handed Tico off to Talis and Locus before going to approach Lai and Amnity. He gently touched both of their shoulders, having them look at him.

"Lai, Amnity…" he began, hardly finding his voice. "We need to get him buried and continue on with our journey. Tico's hurt and we have to get somewhere safe. We can't stay here, there could be more Corpse Cleaners"

Amnity wiped her tears away and nodded, but Lai said nothing nor even did anything to indicate that she had heard. Baroke sighed, knowing that this was probably the hardest for her and did nothing to press the issue. Instead, he went to begin undressing Cormac's body, like they had done for Ferro. Perhaps they would pass these items on to Talis or Locus, or if Lai had any children in the future, maybe she would give the apparel to them, passing it along as Ferro did to Cormac. He grabbed the chest wrappings and began to unravel them before getting to the portion that had been severed by the Corpse Cleaner's antler.

"It's odd…" Baroke said, thinking aloud. "Corpse Cleaners usually only go for carrion, how come this one went for living flesh?"

Then, as if to answer him, several shrill voices began hissing and shrieking within the caverns.

"It h-had a family?!" Amnity said, her grip on her brother's corpse going almost white-knuckeled.

Tico gripped onto Locus' leg. "L-lo.. I don't want to die…" the young coatl said, crying.

Locus bent down to let the small coatl climb onto his back. "I won't let that happen, Tico… I won't let them get you again."

Coagulation moved to stand by Amnity, getting ready to protect his mate. "And I won't let them harm you, or anyone else." The mirror stated.

Baroke shook his head. "We can't stay and fight, no one is in the condition to." He said. "We have to get out of here, now."

"Wh-what about Cormac?!" Amnity said, pulling her brother's limp hand to her chest, obviously reluctant to leave his body here to be consumed by other Corpse Cleaners.

Baroke looked at Coagulation and the mirror nodded. This wasn't the first time the duo had carried a body before. Like father, unfortunately like son….

But Baroke wouldn't do it this time.

"I'll carry him, my dear," Coagulation said, "just help me get him on my back."

Amnity nodded and pushed her brother's body onto Coagulation's wing before rolling him onto the mirror's back. Coagulation lifted his wings to keep the wildclaw's body in place.

Baroke turned to the children. "Guys, start running, we'll catch up!" He ordered.

Locus nodded, turning and running out with Tico hanging onto him, Talis following close behind. Cisco stalled for a moment, but when the Bogsneak saw Coagulation and Amnity begin making their way to the exit.

Baroke began following them as they slowly began to leave, but then noticed the group was missing someone.

Lai.

Baroke turned to see the coatl walking towards the horrendous noises of the Corpse Cleaners and swiftly went to her side

"Lai, what are you doing? We have to get out of here!" Baroke said, making her turn to face him.

"Why?" She croaked. "My mate and children are dead. What else is there for me to live for?"

Baroke was taken aback. "Lai… Lai it's not like you to say that! What about Amnity? What about those you know back in the clan?"

Lai just shrugged. "They'll survive." She then pulled away from them, turning to walk away.

Baroke couldn't believe it. The once happy go lucky coatl he knew was going to commit suicide?!

He couldn't let her do that!

Without much time nor thought, Baroke clenched his jaw. "I'm sorry…" he mumbled before sending a Contuse straight to the back of Lai's head, knocking the Coatl out. He then ran to her falling form and began dragging her out of the cave, following behind Coagulation and Amnity as fast as he could.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
ooo jesus this got intense again. And good on baroke ;v; im kinda glad he's had this major character development, and that he's gone on this journey. its really interesting to read ;v;
ooo jesus this got intense again. And good on baroke ;v; im kinda glad he's had this major character development, and that he's gone on this journey. its really interesting to read ;v;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/4368.png[/img] @fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds I need a fam drop so bad because now I have a plan that requires bringing another dragon onto the team and that needs a fricking FAM DROP hsdnfiduhujdhfj Anyway, here's today's snippet: [quote] Coagulation and Amnity emerged from the cave first, stepping into the dawn light. It was so early in the morning that the sunlight hadn't even peaked over the edges of the canyons of Cairnstone Rest yet. Coagulation blinked his eyes a few times to adjust to the sudden change of light, but quickly spotted the young ones of their group standing next to a large rock nearby. Even though Baroke had ordered them to run, the teens didn't really listen other than quickly exiting the caverns. Nevertheless, Coagulation was relieved to see that their children had decided to wait for them. The mirror picked up the pace to join up with the group of young ones, much to the protest of his joints and protests of Amnity telling him to slow down. Though, Coagulation knew Amnity was just as relieved as he was to see their children. "Where's Baroke and Grandma Lai?" Locus asked as his parents made it to the group. Coagulation and Amnity froze for a minute, and then both whipped their heads back towards the cave. There, they saw the form of Baroke struggling with Lai's limp body. "GUYS!" Baroke yelled. "SOMEONE GET OVER HERE I NEED HELP!" Talis was the one to break from the group, quickly followed by Cisco, since they were the only two not preoccupied with another dragon. When they reached Baroke, they wasted no time lifting Lai onto Cisco's back, the Bogsneak much more equipped to carry another dragon than her smaller brother. "Baroke, what happened?" Cisco asked in a level voice as they began to walk back to the rest of the group. Baroke clenched his jaw for a moment then sighed loudly before looking at the ground. "I knocked her out...." "You knocked her out?! What the hell??" Talis spat. Baroke's brows furrowed. "It was either that or let her kill herself! She wasn't going to follow me out of the cave, she was more than [i]ready[/i] to die!" He snarled back at the teen. Talis shrunk back but still gritted his teeth, wanting to say more, but Cisco put a paw on the mirror and shook her head, quieting him down. Baroke continued forward, passing the group and then stopping a few feet away from them. His shoulders slumped and he sighed. "We just need to get out of here." [/quote] Okay so I may hold off until posting again until I get a friggin fam drop lol. Just to be clear on ages here since all of my dergs are "adults" by the game's standard Baroke, Lai, Coagulation, and Amnity are all adults Cisco is a teen/young adult Talis and Locus are teens and Tico is still a child Just for anyone new who might be reading.
4368.png

I need a fam drop so bad because now I have a plan that requires bringing another dragon onto the team and that needs a fricking FAM DROP hsdnfiduhujdhfj

Anyway, here's today's snippet:
Quote:

Coagulation and Amnity emerged from the cave first, stepping into the dawn light. It was so early in the morning that the sunlight hadn't even peaked over the edges of the canyons of Cairnstone Rest yet. Coagulation blinked his eyes a few times to adjust to the sudden change of light, but quickly spotted the young ones of their group standing next to a large rock nearby. Even though Baroke had ordered them to run, the teens didn't really listen other than quickly exiting the caverns.

Nevertheless, Coagulation was relieved to see that their children had decided to wait for them. The mirror picked up the pace to join up with the group of young ones, much to the protest of his joints and protests of Amnity telling him to slow down. Though, Coagulation knew Amnity was just as relieved as he was to see their children.

"Where's Baroke and Grandma Lai?" Locus asked as his parents made it to the group.

Coagulation and Amnity froze for a minute, and then both whipped their heads back towards the cave. There, they saw the form of Baroke struggling with Lai's limp body.

"GUYS!" Baroke yelled. "SOMEONE GET OVER HERE I NEED HELP!"

Talis was the one to break from the group, quickly followed by Cisco, since they were the only two not preoccupied with another dragon. When they reached Baroke, they wasted no time lifting Lai onto Cisco's back, the Bogsneak much more equipped to carry another dragon than her smaller brother.

"Baroke, what happened?" Cisco asked in a level voice as they began to walk back to the rest of the group.

Baroke clenched his jaw for a moment then sighed loudly before looking at the ground. "I knocked her out...."

"You knocked her out?! What the hell??" Talis spat.

Baroke's brows furrowed. "It was either that or let her kill herself! She wasn't going to follow me out of the cave, she was more than ready to die!" He snarled back at the teen.

Talis shrunk back but still gritted his teeth, wanting to say more, but Cisco put a paw on the mirror and shook her head, quieting him down.

Baroke continued forward, passing the group and then stopping a few feet away from them. His shoulders slumped and he sighed. "We just need to get out of here."

Okay so I may hold off until posting again until I get a friggin fam drop lol.

Just to be clear on ages here since all of my dergs are "adults" by the game's standard

Baroke, Lai, Coagulation, and Amnity are all adults
Cisco is a teen/young adult
Talis and Locus are teens
and Tico is still a child

Just for anyone new who might be reading.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/13429.png[/img] reminder for me for later, since I finally got the dang fam drop
13429.png

reminder for me for later, since I finally got the dang fam drop
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds Wow, back from yet another Hiatus. Also things keep getting more and more twisted as far as heirs the longer I do this. I might just be going crazy. I'll write for the fam drop in the locke portion eventually, I'm just having bad writers block (hence why the end of this part is so rushed >->) [quote] Haraki had become known as the Lady of Death amongst the Bloodwings. After becoming the clan's heir, she dawned on some rather disturbing red robes accompanied by a horned plague doctor mask and black wrappings. She also seemed to remove herself from the rest of the clan, keeping quiet around them and slinking amongst them like a shadow, like a reaper on it's way to harvest a soul. However, the rest of her family knew what cunning she had. There was always a snake within her that was prepared to strike, lying in wait. Despite the months that had passed, none of the Bloodwings forgot the display of methodical ferocity Haraki had shown when she murdered her sister in the arena. It seemed that not only were the Bloodwings growing stronger with each generation, but they were becoming much smarter as well. They waited with baited breath to see what would come of the next generation, excited to see what kind of heir the Lady of Death would produce. Haraki, on the other hand, seemed to want none of it. Though she did whatever it took to survive the arena battle, she didn't seem to want the life given to her. There was so much pressure as the heir, and every day she heard more and more how she was to produce the next heir and how they expected her to find an Imperial mate to add more "strong blood" to her lineage. It felt cheap to her, like she was expected to breed and then be thrown to the wayside like her mother before her. Though Roheta, and all the heirs before, still had a place in the clan, as far as they were concerned their role was over. They faded into the background of the Bloodwing lifestyle. Haraki hated it. Perhaps that's why she dressed so differently and took on the title of the Lady of Death. She wanted to be remembered, and she wanted a role beyond producing the next heir. Perhaps that's also why she began to learn blood magic and necromancy in her spare time, creating small mutated and undead creatures. What she didn't know was that learning magic would have a side effect. Deep within the woods lurked a creature that the Bloodwings would come to adopt into their ranks. At first it was the phantom smell of smoke that caught Haraki off guard one day as she moved through the trees accompanied by one of her creations. The forest smelled like fire, but there was no fire in sight nor did smoke fill the air. But it was a lingering smell that made the Skydancer more wary of her surroundings. Then, it was the weird way her familiar would act when they were in the woods. Her mutated webwing would shift and shudder as he flitted in the air, almost as if he was glitching an reality itself was breaking. Yet, he was the only one being effected. Not Haraki, for she felt and sensed nothing other than the smell of smoke. A few days later followed an oppressive energy that wore on Haraki. Even though it didn't effect her physically it exhausted her mentally. And it wasn't just an energy, but an entire presence. Finally came the sickening smell of sulfur, and Haraki finally had enough of this. She snarled loudly and sent a flash of magic at the nearest tree, nearly obliterating it completely. "Whatever is there better show itself now!" She snarled beneath her mask. Out of the woods emerged a giant golden beast adorned in haunting threads. He reeked of sulfur and smoke as he approached, his wings akin to burning paper as he stretched them tall, burnt orange tendrils dancing around them. Haraki took in the sight of him, eyes drawn to the yellow glow of the eyes in the mask he wore. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58782127][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/587822/58782127_350.png[/img][/url] "Who are you?" Haraki roared. The golden Imperial mereley looked down on her, a low rumble emitting from him as orange-tinted steam escaped his maw. "Can't you speak?" Haraki snorted, not getting the answer she wanted. "You're an Imperial, aren't you? Speak!" "In all levels except spiritual," The beast before her hissed out. "I may stand on this earth as an Imperial, but trust me, I am a demon." Though the creature couldn't see it, Haraki narrowed her eyes. "Why are you here?" "Lady of Death, I could sense your magic," The Imperial hissed back. "Magic as strong as yours... is a prize to a demon like me." Haraki snorted. "I'm hardly practiced in magic. You lie." "Practiced or not, I can sense the strength within you. I desire it." Haraki stared. This dragon spouted nonsense, right? It was already hard to believe barbarians such as the Bloodwings had two sources of royalty in their bloodline plus bloodlines from several flights without adding demons to the mix. "Demons don't exist. At least, not demons like you claim you are." She spat. "If anything I'm more a demon than you are." "Perhaps you aren't wrong," The Imperial began. "But it's foolish to claim such things in front of an adversary you do not know." With that the tendrils around his wings formed talons and moved at light-speed to grip around Haraki's arms and wings. Haraki recognized the magic as the same her father had and stiffened. "You seem afraid, Lady of Death." The Imperial said in a low rumble. Haraki grit her teeth. "This magic you have, what is it? Where did you get it? And how do you know my title?" "I've been watching for a while, learning what I could about you and your clan. You indeed have demonic blood in you, and you are indeed a clan of monsters." He purred. "I could say you've intrigued me. And now that I've seen your strength and the dark magic that courses through your veins, I've found something I want." Haraki struggled in his grasps, growling. She was beyond scared, but she wasn't just going to give up and let this demon have his way. "What are you going to do to me?" She snarled. "I'd like to consume your soul, take your strength to add to mine" The Imperial said, his maw getting dangerously close. Haraki had to resist coughing at his sulfur-smelling breath. "Unless you have something else to offer me?" Haraki fell silent for a minute, then a crooked smile played on her maw. "Perhaps we can help each other out. You're physically stuck as a dragon, correct?" [center]~~~~~[/center] Haraki sat on a nest, curled around an egg as the golden demon curled around her, towering over her. Her proposition had been a crazy one, but like when she was faced with her sisters, she did what she had to do to survive at all costs. Her offer? The souls of her children. [i]Their[/i] children. The blood of a demon mixed with what already was the bloodline of the Bloodwings would create strong heirs, and strong souls for the demon to consume to get stronger. Not to mention they would both have an heir and a legacy. The catch? Haraki would be bound to this demon for life now, sentenced to be his mate for all eternity. Since an heir was also involved, they too would be bound to serve the demon after they fulfilled their role as a Bloodwing for all eternity. There was one more problem. Haraki's first clutch only yielded a single egg. Disappointment among her kin wasn't hidden and she resented the fact she would have to produce another clutch to fulfil her duty as heir. Not to mention to also fulfill her bargain for the demon. However, the Bloodwings were excited to see the half-demon hatchling emerge from her egg. The golden hatchling emerged with such ferocity that the Blodwings couldn't help but rejoice at the strength that the demon blood gave their bloodline. And the hatchling had such fire in her eyes that they knew from the minute they saw her she would be dangerous. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64602738][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/646028/64602738_350.png[/img][/url] [/quote]

Wow, back from yet another Hiatus. Also things keep getting more and more twisted as far as heirs the longer I do this. I might just be going crazy.

I'll write for the fam drop in the locke portion eventually, I'm just having bad writers block (hence why the end of this part is so rushed >->)

Quote:

Haraki had become known as the Lady of Death amongst the Bloodwings. After becoming the clan's heir, she dawned on some rather disturbing red robes accompanied by a horned plague doctor mask and black wrappings. She also seemed to remove herself from the rest of the clan, keeping quiet around them and slinking amongst them like a shadow, like a reaper on it's way to harvest a soul.

However, the rest of her family knew what cunning she had. There was always a snake within her that was prepared to strike, lying in wait. Despite the months that had passed, none of the Bloodwings forgot the display of methodical ferocity Haraki had shown when she murdered her sister in the arena.

It seemed that not only were the Bloodwings growing stronger with each generation, but they were becoming much smarter as well. They waited with baited breath to see what would come of the next generation, excited to see what kind of heir the Lady of Death would produce.

Haraki, on the other hand, seemed to want none of it. Though she did whatever it took to survive the arena battle, she didn't seem to want the life given to her. There was so much pressure as the heir, and every day she heard more and more how she was to produce the next heir and how they expected her to find an Imperial mate to add more "strong blood" to her lineage. It felt cheap to her, like she was expected to breed and then be thrown to the wayside like her mother before her. Though Roheta, and all the heirs before, still had a place in the clan, as far as they were concerned their role was over. They faded into the background of the Bloodwing lifestyle.

Haraki hated it. Perhaps that's why she dressed so differently and took on the title of the Lady of Death. She wanted to be remembered, and she wanted a role beyond producing the next heir. Perhaps that's also why she began to learn blood magic and necromancy in her spare time, creating small mutated and undead creatures.

What she didn't know was that learning magic would have a side effect. Deep within the woods lurked a creature that the Bloodwings would come to adopt into their ranks.

At first it was the phantom smell of smoke that caught Haraki off guard one day as she moved through the trees accompanied by one of her creations. The forest smelled like fire, but there was no fire in sight nor did smoke fill the air. But it was a lingering smell that made the Skydancer more wary of her surroundings.

Then, it was the weird way her familiar would act when they were in the woods. Her mutated webwing would shift and shudder as he flitted in the air, almost as if he was glitching an reality itself was breaking. Yet, he was the only one being effected. Not Haraki, for she felt and sensed nothing other than the smell of smoke.

A few days later followed an oppressive energy that wore on Haraki. Even though it didn't effect her physically it exhausted her mentally. And it wasn't just an energy, but an entire presence.

Finally came the sickening smell of sulfur, and Haraki finally had enough of this. She snarled loudly and sent a flash of magic at the nearest tree, nearly obliterating it completely.

"Whatever is there better show itself now!" She snarled beneath her mask.

Out of the woods emerged a giant golden beast adorned in haunting threads. He reeked of sulfur and smoke as he approached, his wings akin to burning paper as he stretched them tall, burnt orange tendrils dancing around them. Haraki took in the sight of him, eyes drawn to the yellow glow of the eyes in the mask he wore.

58782127_350.png

"Who are you?" Haraki roared.

The golden Imperial mereley looked down on her, a low rumble emitting from him as orange-tinted steam escaped his maw.

"Can't you speak?" Haraki snorted, not getting the answer she wanted. "You're an Imperial, aren't you? Speak!"

"In all levels except spiritual," The beast before her hissed out. "I may stand on this earth as an Imperial, but trust me, I am a demon."

Though the creature couldn't see it, Haraki narrowed her eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Lady of Death, I could sense your magic," The Imperial hissed back. "Magic as strong as yours... is a prize to a demon like me."

Haraki snorted. "I'm hardly practiced in magic. You lie."

"Practiced or not, I can sense the strength within you. I desire it."

Haraki stared. This dragon spouted nonsense, right? It was already hard to believe
barbarians such as the Bloodwings had two sources of royalty in their bloodline plus bloodlines from several flights without adding demons to the mix.

"Demons don't exist. At least, not demons like you claim you are." She spat. "If anything I'm more a demon than you are."

"Perhaps you aren't wrong," The Imperial began. "But it's foolish to claim such things in front of an adversary you do not know."

With that the tendrils around his wings formed talons and moved at light-speed to grip around Haraki's arms and wings. Haraki recognized the magic as the same her father had and stiffened.

"You seem afraid, Lady of Death." The Imperial said in a low rumble.

Haraki grit her teeth. "This magic you have, what is it? Where did you get it? And how do you know my title?"

"I've been watching for a while, learning what I could about you and your clan. You indeed have demonic blood in you, and you are indeed a clan of monsters." He purred. "I could say you've intrigued me. And now that I've seen your strength and the dark magic that courses through your veins, I've found something I want."

Haraki struggled in his grasps, growling. She was beyond scared, but she wasn't just going to give up and let this demon have his way. "What are you going to do to me?" She snarled.

"I'd like to consume your soul, take your strength to add to mine" The Imperial said, his maw getting dangerously close. Haraki had to resist coughing at his sulfur-smelling breath. "Unless you have something else to offer me?"

Haraki fell silent for a minute, then a crooked smile played on her maw. "Perhaps we can help each other out. You're physically stuck as a dragon, correct?"
~~~~~

Haraki sat on a nest, curled around an egg as the golden demon curled around her, towering over her. Her proposition had been a crazy one, but like when she was faced with her sisters, she did what she had to do to survive at all costs.

Her offer? The souls of her children. Their children. The blood of a demon mixed with what already was the bloodline of the Bloodwings would create strong heirs, and strong souls for the demon to consume to get stronger. Not to mention they would both have an heir and a legacy.

The catch? Haraki would be bound to this demon for life now, sentenced to be his mate for all eternity. Since an heir was also involved, they too would be bound to serve the demon after they fulfilled their role as a Bloodwing for all eternity.

There was one more problem. Haraki's first clutch only yielded a single egg. Disappointment among her kin wasn't hidden and she resented the fact she would have to produce another clutch to fulfil her duty as heir. Not to mention to also fulfill her bargain for the demon.

However, the Bloodwings were excited to see the half-demon hatchling emerge from her egg. The golden hatchling emerged with such ferocity that the Blodwings couldn't help but rejoice at the strength that the demon blood gave their bloodline. And the hatchling had such fire in her eyes that they knew from the minute they saw her she would be dangerous.

64602738_350.png
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds Next clutch! I might make two posts today if I can manage to write out the next chapter of the pinkerlocke. [quote] As per her role, Haraki produced her next clutch almost immediately after Diedre, the firstborn, was old enough to be removed from the clan's nesting area. Diedre was coldly cast out of the nesting area as soon as the next eggs were laid, and the little half-demon child wasn't allowed anywhere near the nest while Haraki and her demon mate sat within and brooded over the two new eggs. Like many of the Bloodwing heirs before her, Diedre was basically left to fend for herself at this point, the older members of her clan hardly sparing her a glance as she moved throughout their lair looking for scraps of food or a warm place to sleep. While the elders would watch her to make sure she would be safe for the time being, making sure she stayed out of trouble or danger that could kill a hatchling, they spared her no affection. The little half-demon took this apathy as an opportunity. While yes, they watched her closely, it wasn't close enough to keep her completely out of trouble. The hatchling began to lurk when they thought she was sleeping or when the elders themselves were asleep. She would eavesdrop on conversations and inspect the giant pit on their territory. Cleverly, she learned about the way they chose the true heir of the legacy, and learned about the pit and it's purpose. The cunning little half-demon began sneaking out at night, finding a place with good enough hand and footholds to climb in and out of the pit easily. Every night, she'd go into the giant pit and explore, finding every obstacle, every nook and cranny she could to inspect. She wanted to make sure she would win and claim the duty of the true heir. She wanted to know every hiding place, every trick in the book, that would ensure her place among the clan. Perhaps one day she'd be able to exact her revenge and take the clan over, jealousy and anger burning in her heart that the Bloodwings would not show her affection and respect, and that a new clutch of eggs was more important than her at the time being. She wanted to be on top. and she wouldn't let two little rats get in her way. Only when the eggs hatched was Diedre allowed back into the nesting area with her family. She attended the hatching with the rest of the clan, watching as two new skydancers forced their ways out of the eggshells and into the world. She watched through narrowed eyes as her new brother and sister emerged, two new half-demons that immediately began clashing. The dark colored male seemed to be the weaker of the two, already on his back and struggling beneath his sister, hissing and whining. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65138967][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/651390/65138967_350.png[/img][/url] The little female was much brighter colored, and splayed her wings out as she growled, pinning her brother to the ground. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65138968][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=50&bodygene=15&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=122&tertgene=23&winggene=16&wings=161&auth=87877d9b3b5c5a42d8377d136cddf4e626b4468f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Diedre's eyes glowered at the male as the two young ones broke apart. Weakness had no place here, and like the male heirs before him, this one was a weakling doomed for death like the rest. She snarled, striking out for the male's neck. She would save them all some trouble by getting rid of him now. But instead of sinking her teeth into her younger brother's neck, they sunk into her mother's arms. They locked eyes and silence spread throughout the lair. [/quote]

Next clutch! I might make two posts today if I can manage to write out the next chapter of the pinkerlocke.
Quote:
As per her role, Haraki produced her next clutch almost immediately after Diedre, the firstborn, was old enough to be removed from the clan's nesting area.

Diedre was coldly cast out of the nesting area as soon as the next eggs were laid, and the little half-demon child wasn't allowed anywhere near the nest while Haraki and her demon mate sat within and brooded over the two new eggs.

Like many of the Bloodwing heirs before her, Diedre was basically left to fend for herself at this point, the older members of her clan hardly sparing her a glance as she moved throughout their lair looking for scraps of food or a warm place to sleep. While the elders would watch her to make sure she would be safe for the time being, making sure she stayed out of trouble or danger that could kill a hatchling, they spared her no affection.

The little half-demon took this apathy as an opportunity. While yes, they watched her closely, it wasn't close enough to keep her completely out of trouble. The hatchling began to lurk when they thought she was sleeping or when the elders themselves were asleep. She would eavesdrop on conversations and inspect the giant pit on their territory. Cleverly, she learned about the way they chose the true heir of the legacy, and learned about the pit and it's purpose.

The cunning little half-demon began sneaking out at night, finding a place with good enough hand and footholds to climb in and out of the pit easily. Every night, she'd go into the giant pit and explore, finding every obstacle, every nook and cranny she could to inspect.

She wanted to make sure she would win and claim the duty of the true heir. She wanted to know every hiding place, every trick in the book, that would ensure her place among the clan. Perhaps one day she'd be able to exact her revenge and take the clan over, jealousy and anger burning in her heart that the Bloodwings would not show her affection and respect, and that a new clutch of eggs was more important than her at the time being. She wanted to be on top. and she wouldn't let two little rats get in her way.

Only when the eggs hatched was Diedre allowed back into the nesting area with her family. She attended the hatching with the rest of the clan, watching as two new skydancers forced their ways out of the eggshells and into the world. She watched through narrowed eyes as her new brother and sister emerged, two new half-demons that immediately began clashing.

The dark colored male seemed to be the weaker of the two, already on his back and struggling beneath his sister, hissing and whining.

65138967_350.png

The little female was much brighter colored, and splayed her wings out as she growled, pinning her brother to the ground.

dragon?age=1&body=50&bodygene=15&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=122&tertgene=23&winggene=16&wings=161&auth=87877d9b3b5c5a42d8377d136cddf4e626b4468f&dummyext=prev.png

Diedre's eyes glowered at the male as the two young ones broke apart. Weakness had no place here, and like the male heirs before him, this one was a weakling doomed for death like the rest. She snarled, striking out for the male's neck. She would save them all some trouble by getting rid of him now.

But instead of sinking her teeth into her younger brother's neck, they sunk into her mother's arms.

They locked eyes and silence spread throughout the lair.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
That little dude has an upgrade though! That's neat.
That little dude has an upgrade though! That's neat.
@fenshae, @Karrikut, @Jaspernoir, @MysteryGyn, @SpaceSnake, @Stri, @OceanPuppy, @TropicalDiamonds Warning! This got a little too violent!! [quote] After Diedre's attack, the Bloodwings became uneasy. Never, despite their history of violence, had an heir attacked their siblings before their trial. And never had an heir done harm to their parent. Even though their lineage bore more bloodshed than most, the Bloodwings weren't prepared for something like this to happen. There were whispers amongst the elders that the demon blood in these new hatchlings would spell doom for the lineage, and that Diedre and her younger siblings should be expunged, as well a Haraki and her mysterious mate, but the clan knew as a whole that such an action was already too late. Two souls were owed to the demon that Haraki had mated with, and the Bloodwings did not have the luxury of replacing Haraki as heir. So, despite the unrest in the clan, things continued on as normal. For the most part. Diedre, deemed to dangerous to be left on her own since her attempted murder of her brother, was accompanied by an elder or her mother at all times, and the younger siblings were restricted to the den where the elders could take turns monitoring them. Nonetheless, the younger siblings, which had been named Amorahld and Myskana, seemed more like normal hatchlings than the generations that came before them. Despite the Bloodwings otherwise leaving them to their own devices, hoping to sow disdain and spite in their hearts like their older sibling, Amorahld and Myskana found solace in each other. Yes, Myskana was domineering and aggressive and played to rough, and Amorahld was skittish and cried easily, so they had their differences as siblings, but Myskana was fiercly protective of Amorahld and Amorahld hated seeing his sister upset. Unfortunately, the Bloodwings did not appreciate this. While no one said it around the two young ones, the clan elders knew they would be forced to fight and feared neither would be able to slaughter the other. Perhaps this generation would be too weak.... But Diedre did overhear this, and her anger towards her siblings, specifically Amorahld, for he was the weaker, burned stronger. Eventually, as Amorahld and Myskana became adolescents, the trial was scheduled, and their fates were to be sealed. The two siblings curled around each other the night before, knowing this fight would determine who of the three of them would become the next heir of the lineage, but not all it would entail. "Do.... do you think we'll be okay?" Amorahld asked, picking his nails out of nervous habit. "What? Sure we'll be! You worry too much." Myskana said. "All we have to do is take out Diedre, we can do it if we work together." "Yeah but.... what if we don't take her out? What will happen?" Amorahld said, barely a whisper Myskana shrugged. "I suppose we'll probably have to leave. But then, we can live our own life. But I doubt anything bad will happen. No one said it was a fight to the death." She said, tapping a talon against the ground. "And hey, who knows, Diedre might be a pushover." "Well.... Well what if she is? A-And we take her out? Then what?" Amorahld said. Myskana quieted. "We'd have to fight each other... Amorahld I-" "No." He cut her off. "I'll just concede. You're stronger than me, if we take out Diedre, there's no doubt you would be the clear choice. I'll accept my fate." "Amorahld..." Myskana murmured, but he already turned away from her to sleep. She huffed. The thought of losing her brother, even if he would only be cast out, hurt her a little. In the Shadows, Diedre had been listening. She growled to herself [i]"Naive"[/i] She thought. [i]They have no idea what's coming. I am sure to win.[/i] [center][emoji=sword size=1][emoji=sword size=1][emoji=sword size=1][/center] The next morning, the three skydancers were thrown into the Arena and the Arena was sealed. As the Arena sealed, Amorahld and Myskana quickly broke away from Diedre, the three siblings glaring at one another. "Remember the plan, Amor," Myskana said to her brother under her breath as baited silence fell over the arena as the Bloodwings gathered to watch once again as their heir would be chosen. "ALRIGHT!" Abadran, their grandfather, bellowed over the Arena, given the ceremonial rite of starting the battle since he had last time, after constructing the arena. "The rules are as follows! The three of you will remain in there, no food nor water will be given to you, until only one of you remains! Paint the arena floor with the blood of your siblings!" He snarled. Amorahld froze. "W-wait.... this..." He gasped out. Diedre cackled. "nO oNE SAid It wAS a FIghT tO tHE dEaTH!" She spat "Isn't that what you said, sister?! Last night?!!" Myskana gritted her teeth. "You were evesdropping?! How dare you!" She spat back. "Come on Amorahld, we can do this!" But Amorahld had froze. "N-No..." He said, voice wavering. "I-If we kill her.... w-we have to kill each other!" He started to yell. "I can't kill you!! Y-You'd.... you-d have to kill me!! Or w-we'll die!! We'll die in here!! We'll starve!" He cried, in hysterics, tears streaming from his eyes. Myskana grit her teeth, looking at Amorahld. "You know I wouldn't kill you! Or let you die! We'll get out of this!" She said, trying to calm Amorahld down. But Amorahld was already too far into hysterics to hear her. He shook violently, taking a step back. Myskana reached a paw out to grab one of his, to help him calm, but drew back as a flash of yellow darted past. Diedre pounced at Amorahld, a fountain of red erupting from where her jaws met his neck. Amorahld tried to shreik, but only a sickly gurgle came from his throat, his vocal cords cut as blood ran into his trachea. He fell to the ground, life spilling out of him, as Diedre stood over his body, wings fanned out in victory as blood stained her jaw and the plumage down her throat. Myskana stared in horror as the light faded from her brother's eyes. Tears pricked at the corner of her vision. "H...How could you....." Myskana said in a quiet voice as she began to tremble with anger. "He was my brother! I loved him!" Diedre only gave a sick smile. "I did you a favor, dear sister. He only made you weak. Now we can settle which one of us is better." "HOW DARE YOU!" Myskana roared, her eyes beginning to glow. Power rippled through her as her emotions began to run wild. Diedre only cackled as she began to charge towards Myskana, her claws and jaws extended and ready to strike as she lunged. Then, with a flash of bright light, blinding those around the arena, an unearthly shriek was heard, and then.... silence. Myskana stood above the body of her dead brother, holding his body in her arms, holding his forehead to hers. "I am so, so sorry I couldn't protect you.... But I at least got to avenge you...." She whispered before looking up into the eyes of her parents, a look of resolve apparent in her face. Behind her lay a bloodied smear of broken bones and displaced feathers across the ground. Diedre as she had existed was nowhere to be seen. Loki stood above the arena, pulling forth the life-force from Diedre's remains and absorbing it, consuming the soul. Then he looked to Amorahld's body and tried to do the same, but nothing came of it. "No." Myskana said. "I know what you are. I know what I am. His soul stays with me." She said, eyes glowing. Her father snarled. "You dare defy me?! I'll consume you as well!" Myskana growled. "I'm stronger than you, devil. I know I am." She looked to the rest of the Bloodwings. "I AM IN CHARGE FROM NOW ON!" She yelled, an edge to her voice that spread anxiety through the Bloodwings. Myskana's eyes settled on her parents. "None of you forget it!"[/quote] I feel like I may have lost my touch writing stuff hhh. Anyways, here we hav Myskana, I feel like this will be a turning point for the Bloodwings, as even though Myskana is part demon (and who the heck knows what else) she felt something most other Bloodwings haven't felt in ages; love. Now don't get me wrong, she still needs to be a little insane to keep the Bloodwing legacy going, and I'm not sure how else to explain how she got stronger than a full blooded demon other than she loved Amorahld so much it unlocked all of her powers when he died. And yes, she did consume her brother's soul, if that was unclear. This got really messy haha....

Warning! This got a little too violent!!
Quote:
After Diedre's attack, the Bloodwings became uneasy. Never, despite their history of violence, had an heir attacked their siblings before their trial. And never had an heir done harm to their parent. Even though their lineage bore more bloodshed than most, the Bloodwings weren't prepared for something like this to happen.

There were whispers amongst the elders that the demon blood in these new hatchlings would spell doom for the lineage, and that Diedre and her younger siblings should be expunged, as well a Haraki and her mysterious mate, but the clan knew as a whole that such an action was already too late. Two souls were owed to the demon that Haraki had mated with, and the Bloodwings did not have the luxury of replacing Haraki as heir.

So, despite the unrest in the clan, things continued on as normal. For the most part.

Diedre, deemed to dangerous to be left on her own since her attempted murder of her brother, was accompanied by an elder or her mother at all times, and the younger siblings were restricted to the den where the elders could take turns monitoring them.

Nonetheless, the younger siblings, which had been named Amorahld and Myskana, seemed more like normal hatchlings than the generations that came before them. Despite the Bloodwings otherwise leaving them to their own devices, hoping to sow disdain and spite in their hearts like their older sibling, Amorahld and Myskana found solace in each other. Yes, Myskana was domineering and aggressive and played to rough, and Amorahld was skittish and cried easily, so they had their differences as siblings, but Myskana was fiercly protective of Amorahld and Amorahld hated seeing his sister upset.

Unfortunately, the Bloodwings did not appreciate this. While no one said it around the two young ones, the clan elders knew they would be forced to fight and feared neither would be able to slaughter the other. Perhaps this generation would be too weak....

But Diedre did overhear this, and her anger towards her siblings, specifically Amorahld, for he was the weaker, burned stronger.

Eventually, as Amorahld and Myskana became adolescents, the trial was scheduled, and their fates were to be sealed. The two siblings curled around each other the night before, knowing this fight would determine who of the three of them would become the next heir of the lineage, but not all it would entail.

"Do.... do you think we'll be okay?" Amorahld asked, picking his nails out of nervous habit.

"What? Sure we'll be! You worry too much." Myskana said. "All we have to do is take out Diedre, we can do it if we work together."

"Yeah but.... what if we don't take her out? What will happen?" Amorahld said, barely a whisper

Myskana shrugged. "I suppose we'll probably have to leave. But then, we can live our own life. But I doubt anything bad will happen. No one said it was a fight to the death." She said, tapping a talon against the ground. "And hey, who knows, Diedre might be a pushover."

"Well.... Well what if she is? A-And we take her out? Then what?" Amorahld said.

Myskana quieted. "We'd have to fight each other... Amorahld I-"

"No." He cut her off. "I'll just concede. You're stronger than me, if we take out Diedre, there's no doubt you would be the clear choice. I'll accept my fate."

"Amorahld..." Myskana murmured, but he already turned away from her to sleep. She huffed. The thought of losing her brother, even if he would only be cast out, hurt her a little.

In the Shadows, Diedre had been listening. She growled to herself "Naive" She thought. They have no idea what's coming. I am sure to win.

The next morning, the three skydancers were thrown into the Arena and the Arena was sealed. As the Arena sealed, Amorahld and Myskana quickly broke away from Diedre, the three siblings glaring at one another.

"Remember the plan, Amor," Myskana said to her brother under her breath as baited silence fell over the arena as the Bloodwings gathered to watch once again as their heir would be chosen.

"ALRIGHT!" Abadran, their grandfather, bellowed over the Arena, given the ceremonial rite of starting the battle since he had last time, after constructing the arena. "The rules are as follows! The three of you will remain in there, no food nor water will be given to you, until only one of you remains! Paint the arena floor with the blood of your siblings!" He snarled.

Amorahld froze. "W-wait.... this..." He gasped out.

Diedre cackled. "nO oNE SAid It wAS a FIghT tO tHE dEaTH!" She spat "Isn't that what you said, sister?! Last night?!!"

Myskana gritted her teeth. "You were evesdropping?! How dare you!" She spat back. "Come on Amorahld, we can do this!"

But Amorahld had froze. "N-No..." He said, voice wavering. "I-If we kill her.... w-we have to kill each other!" He started to yell. "I can't kill you!! Y-You'd.... you-d have to kill me!! Or w-we'll die!! We'll die in here!! We'll starve!" He cried, in hysterics, tears streaming from his eyes.

Myskana grit her teeth, looking at Amorahld. "You know I wouldn't kill you! Or let you die! We'll get out of this!" She said, trying to calm Amorahld down.

But Amorahld was already too far into hysterics to hear her. He shook violently, taking a step back. Myskana reached a paw out to grab one of his, to help him calm, but drew back as a flash of yellow darted past.

Diedre pounced at Amorahld, a fountain of red erupting from where her jaws met his neck. Amorahld tried to shreik, but only a sickly gurgle came from his throat, his vocal cords cut as blood ran into his trachea. He fell to the ground, life spilling out of him, as Diedre stood over his body, wings fanned out in victory as blood stained her jaw and the plumage down her throat.

Myskana stared in horror as the light faded from her brother's eyes. Tears pricked at the corner of her vision.

"H...How could you....." Myskana said in a quiet voice as she began to tremble with anger. "He was my brother! I loved him!"

Diedre only gave a sick smile. "I did you a favor, dear sister. He only made you weak. Now we can settle which one of us is better."

"HOW DARE YOU!" Myskana roared, her eyes beginning to glow. Power rippled through her as her emotions began to run wild.

Diedre only cackled as she began to charge towards Myskana, her claws and jaws extended and ready to strike as she lunged.

Then, with a flash of bright light, blinding those around the arena, an unearthly shriek was heard, and then.... silence.

Myskana stood above the body of her dead brother, holding his body in her arms, holding his forehead to hers. "I am so, so sorry I couldn't protect you.... But I at least got to avenge you...." She whispered before looking up into the eyes of her parents, a look of resolve apparent in her face.

Behind her lay a bloodied smear of broken bones and displaced feathers across the ground. Diedre as she had existed was nowhere to be seen.

Loki stood above the arena, pulling forth the life-force from Diedre's remains and absorbing it, consuming the soul. Then he looked to Amorahld's body and tried to do the same, but nothing came of it.

"No." Myskana said. "I know what you are. I know what I am. His soul stays with me." She said, eyes glowing.

Her father snarled. "You dare defy me?! I'll consume you as well!"

Myskana growled. "I'm stronger than you, devil. I know I am." She looked to the rest of the Bloodwings. "I AM IN CHARGE FROM NOW ON!" She yelled, an edge to her voice that spread anxiety through the Bloodwings. Myskana's eyes settled on her parents. "None of you forget it!"

I feel like I may have lost my touch writing stuff hhh.

Anyways, here we hav Myskana, I feel like this will be a turning point for the Bloodwings, as even though Myskana is part demon (and who the heck knows what else) she felt something most other Bloodwings haven't felt in ages; love. Now don't get me wrong, she still needs to be a little insane to keep the Bloodwing legacy going, and I'm not sure how else to explain how she got stronger than a full blooded demon other than she loved Amorahld so much it unlocked all of her powers when he died. And yes, she did consume her brother's soul, if that was unclear.

This got really messy haha....
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13