Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P?] Askura's Keep or Yeet
Keep or Yeet

Hello All!

This is more or less a personal challenge, but others are free to join in or make a spin off for themselves.

The basis of this challenge is this: I have too many dragons that I have been doing didly squat with. Sometimes I see dragons and my brain goes "OH SHINY" and I end up buying them. Or I breed a kid and then never sell/exalt them because I am selfish and want to keep their beauty to myself.

I currently have 122 dragons I would like to keep and actively have lore for like..... a handful of them?? I only actually use maybe 10??

So this challenge is for me to pear down my dragons, and keep only those who truly mean something to me. This is basically to show how much effort I will put forth to keep dragons I truly want to keep. This challenge is also to help me achieve my goal of having a completely lored lair.

The Rules
  • NO* DRAGON IS "SAFE" (see exceptions**) Any dragon is subject to getting selected for the challenge. Once a day I must randomly roll from an RNG to figure out who's fate will hang in the balance.
  • If the dragon selected by fate has NO LORE - I have 24 hours to write them lore. The lore must be at least 500 words long. Alternatively, I can write a generalized personality and occupation for the dragon and dress them accordingly.
  • If the dragon has EXISTING LORE - I will follow a "Third Time's the Charm" rule where the first two times the dragon is selected, they will be "safe" and I can take the day off. However, the third time fate chooses that dragon, I must either re-write their lore or improve upon it - This does not include dragons that have already received lore through this challenge. (The idea is that I shoudn't have to change dragons already lored, but I will if fate deems it so)
  • LORE THEMES CANNOT BE REPEATED - For example, two dragons can have the same job/role/problem but they can't have the same reasoning.
  • IF I FAIL or FORFEIT to lore a dragon chosen by fate then I have 24 hours to find a new home for the dragon. If I cannot find a new home within 24 hours then I must exalt the dragon. Either way, the dragon has to leave my lair PERMANENTLY. - **Exalting doesn't have to happen immediately, as I hold dragons for dom pushes. However, I will try my best to find an active push to send the dragon in for before holding for an edtended period of time**
  • THE CHALLENGE SHALL END when either all of my dragons have lore or I've gotten rid of all of my un-lored dragons. This will be a long-haul challenge as I can acquire more potential permanent dragons as I progress with the challenge.
***I may adjust these rules after I start the challenge to fit my playstyle/lifestyle more if I see that I'm running into issues***
The Exceptions

So I mentioned there were exceptions to the "No Dragon is Safe" rule. Well, the exception is pretty much as follows:

Dragons used in other projects, Symbolic Dragons, or Fodder/Sales.

Symbolic Dragons are these guys or my fandragons. I do not plan on getting rid of them AT ALL.

Project dragons I either need for other challenges, or intend to get rid of anyways, along with fodder/Sales, so I will not include them in this challenge. That DOES NOT exclude Breeding Pairs though. I can still potentially lose my breeding pair dragons through this challenge (though the goal is not to).

Here is a picture with all of my dragons numbered for the RNG purposes. (they are not numbered in my lair order)
Keep or Yeet

Hello All!

This is more or less a personal challenge, but others are free to join in or make a spin off for themselves.

The basis of this challenge is this: I have too many dragons that I have been doing didly squat with. Sometimes I see dragons and my brain goes "OH SHINY" and I end up buying them. Or I breed a kid and then never sell/exalt them because I am selfish and want to keep their beauty to myself.

I currently have 122 dragons I would like to keep and actively have lore for like..... a handful of them?? I only actually use maybe 10??

So this challenge is for me to pear down my dragons, and keep only those who truly mean something to me. This is basically to show how much effort I will put forth to keep dragons I truly want to keep. This challenge is also to help me achieve my goal of having a completely lored lair.

The Rules
  • NO* DRAGON IS "SAFE" (see exceptions**) Any dragon is subject to getting selected for the challenge. Once a day I must randomly roll from an RNG to figure out who's fate will hang in the balance.
  • If the dragon selected by fate has NO LORE - I have 24 hours to write them lore. The lore must be at least 500 words long. Alternatively, I can write a generalized personality and occupation for the dragon and dress them accordingly.
  • If the dragon has EXISTING LORE - I will follow a "Third Time's the Charm" rule where the first two times the dragon is selected, they will be "safe" and I can take the day off. However, the third time fate chooses that dragon, I must either re-write their lore or improve upon it - This does not include dragons that have already received lore through this challenge. (The idea is that I shoudn't have to change dragons already lored, but I will if fate deems it so)
  • LORE THEMES CANNOT BE REPEATED - For example, two dragons can have the same job/role/problem but they can't have the same reasoning.
  • IF I FAIL or FORFEIT to lore a dragon chosen by fate then I have 24 hours to find a new home for the dragon. If I cannot find a new home within 24 hours then I must exalt the dragon. Either way, the dragon has to leave my lair PERMANENTLY. - **Exalting doesn't have to happen immediately, as I hold dragons for dom pushes. However, I will try my best to find an active push to send the dragon in for before holding for an edtended period of time**
  • THE CHALLENGE SHALL END when either all of my dragons have lore or I've gotten rid of all of my un-lored dragons. This will be a long-haul challenge as I can acquire more potential permanent dragons as I progress with the challenge.
***I may adjust these rules after I start the challenge to fit my playstyle/lifestyle more if I see that I'm running into issues***
The Exceptions

So I mentioned there were exceptions to the "No Dragon is Safe" rule. Well, the exception is pretty much as follows:

Dragons used in other projects, Symbolic Dragons, or Fodder/Sales.

Symbolic Dragons are these guys or my fandragons. I do not plan on getting rid of them AT ALL.

Project dragons I either need for other challenges, or intend to get rid of anyways, along with fodder/Sales, so I will not include them in this challenge. That DOES NOT exclude Breeding Pairs though. I can still potentially lose my breeding pair dragons through this challenge (though the goal is not to).

Here is a picture with all of my dragons numbered for the RNG purposes. (they are not numbered in my lair order)
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Timeline of Events

3/17/22 - Created Challenge Concept
3/18/22 - Finished Challenge Thread
5/10/22 - Started the Challenge after fiddlin around for two months
Timeline of Events

3/17/22 - Created Challenge Concept
3/18/22 - Finished Challenge Thread
5/10/22 - Started the Challenge after fiddlin around for two months
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Successes
All dragon's that I've been able to lore and keep through this challenge

Failures
All the dragons that I either failed to lore or forfeited on
Successes
All dragon's that I've been able to lore and keep through this challenge

Failures
All the dragons that I either failed to lore or forfeited on
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Miscellaneous

Using this post for pinglists, FAQ, or whatever else?
Miscellaneous

Using this post for pinglists, FAQ, or whatever else?
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
[center][Font=impact][size=7]Day 1[/size][/font][/center] [center]I am finally, FINALLY, beginning this challenge. My life has been hectic lately and I kept getting sidetracked. RNG chose #53 today, which is Fortismus, my Earth Rep (and a partially gened g1!) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48229186][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/482292/48229186_350.png[/img][/url] I will edit this post once I have the lore, I am determined to lore this dude as his egg was actually a christmas present lol[/center] EDIT 5/11 - Here is his lore. It's unfinished but it's well over 500 words, so I would consider it a success. [quote= The Stone Hunter (WIP)] [i]“My father, he used to be a mine-boss in cairnstone rest. Oh? You want to know more about father? He was an Obelisk named Altrue. He and my 27 other dads kept me safe through my childhood. I thought I would always be with the miners, but then Altrue passed away. He was the glue that kept us together. I tried to take his place, but I was a far better hunter than a miner. So I left, in search of a clan to protect with my arrows. Still, I regret not being able to at least help the troupe continue my father’s legacy….”[/i] ~~~~~ Fortismus’ egg was abandoned at the doorstep of a powerful mine-boss that was working in the mines at Cairnestone Rest. Who his parents were, no one knows. Many speculated that he was sired by one of the miners, and his mother left his egg in hope he would be raised by his father, or that his mother was one of the travelers passing through who accidentally fell expectant with him. Either way, the mine boss, an old Obelisk named Altrue, took the egg in and doted on it with a love that many of his subordinates had never seen before. The miners were even more surprised when the egg hatched into a Wildclaw, as many of the miners had never seen a Wildclaw among their ranks before since most commonly Ridgebacks, Snappers, and Guardian dragons were hired to work the mines due to their size and strength. Fortismus grew up around the mines in Cairnstone rest, with not only Altrue’s watchful eyes on him, but the rest of the miners’ as well. The entire troupe of 27 miners almost became parents to Fortismus in one way or another alongside Altrue. Many kept Fortismus occupied while on their breaks, while others kept a watchful eye on him when he went to join them in the mines. Many days were spent keeping the young Wildclaw from trouble, but at the end of the day he always stayed safe, and ate with all of the miners at their campfire, sitting by Altrue’s side, gleefully listening to the riveting stories Altrue would tell him every night in the company of the miners. The Miners quickly learned that having Fortismus with them was actually a boon, as the young Wildclaw had lightning-quick reflexes and sharp senses that would help the miners stay out of danger themselves. Fortismus always seemed to sense when rocks were about to fall or when something was lurking deep in the mines of Cairnstone rest, alerting the miners that they were in danger far before they would realize it themselves. At first, some of the miners thought that he was just a youngster playing a prank, but after some cuts and bruises, and a near-death experience for one of the miners, they began to take him seriously. Eventually, Fortismus took up archery in his teen years, learning to shoot a bow and arrow with eagle-eyed precision, so he could pick off any lurkers in the tunnels rather than keep interrupting the miner’s work. Even with his integral role among the miners, Fortismus never caught onto mining itself. He found it difficult to tell different types of rocks from one another and never understood how his miner parents would be able to read veins of earth to find valuable stones and minerals. He understood power dynamics, land bids, and trade negotiations even less, as there seemed to be a stand-offish nature around the such and silent communications between bosses. As much as Altrue tried to teach Fortismus the ways of mining, both dragons were only met with frustration with one another. Altrue wanted Fortismus to eventually be able to take his place as all of their troupe adored the wildclaw and adversaries were intrigued, if not scared of him, but Fortismus was content with hunting and protecting the mining troupe instead. Altrue supported Fortismus’ ambitions in the skills he excelled at, but stubbornly tried to keep pushing Fortismus to learn the mining trade, eventually causing the two to grow apart. However, tragedy eventually struck the troupe. One of the tunnels they were mining out of collapsed. Fortismus was able to alert most of them to the rumbling and nearly everyone got out, but no one could find Altrue. They tried to dig out the tunnel, but to no avail. His body was never found. The entire troupe was distraught and unsure what to do, looking to Fortismus to keep leading them in Altrue’s place. Fortismus didn’t know what to do himself, the dragon he had always looked up to as his father was now gone. The troupe tried their best to stay together, many of the miners trying to help Fortismus learn more of what Altrue was trying to teach him, but to no avail. When other mine-bosses heard what happened, some tried to help Fortismus and his troupe, having known and respected Altrue. Others tried to undermine him, offering to hire members of Altrue’s troupe out from under Fortismus. After losing some of the troupe and failing to keep up on profitable mining and bids, Fortismus gave up. He went to the mine-bosses that were friends of his father and begged them to hire the remainder of Altrue’s troop. Many agreed, hiring on the younger members, but some of the older members stubbornly refused to leave Fortismus’ side, having pledged themselves to Altrue and by extension Fortismus. Fortismus, however, knew it was all in vain, as he couldn’t seem to lead them to profits no matter how hard he tried. Eventually Fortismus persuaded the older miners to retire, leading them to the Terraclae where they could live out the rest of their lives in peace, perhaps even teaching younger dragons the trade of mining. Afterwards, Fortismus felt the need to get out of Dragonhome. He felt like he’d failed his father’s troupe, and now the region held too many painful memories. Unsure where to go, he went south through Greatwyrm’s breach, hearing that there was a ferry that ran between Dragonhome and the Starfall Isles from a Fjord near the Canyonwalks. He’d heard that the Starwood Strand was a beautiful place where the hunting was rich and many dragons made their homes to live near, yet out of, the city Astrolodome. Fortismus hoped he could find a new start there, and maybe learn something more fantasy-like, remembering the stories Altrue regaled and how he’d paid more attention to the legends than the things Altrue had actually tried to teach him. So he took a chance and got on the ferry that would navigate through the Crystalspine Reaches and eventually land on the shores of the Starfall Isles near the Strand. Bad luck followed Fortismus however, because he sensed a storm coming while on the ferry and warned the others. No one took him seriously, and the captain was even infuriated by this, as it could incite panic on the ferry. Then, when the storm hit, the boat was thrown into one of the curved, crystalline mountains, capsizing it. Dragons were thrown into the water, and Fortismus himself was knocked unconscious due to the impact. When Fortismus awoke, he was on a mossy shore, soaked to the bone and lucky to be alive. His lungs burned and he struggled to blink his eyes into focus. Luckily, he hadn’t lost anything in the shipwreck, but he himself felt thoroughly wrecked. Slowly, he stood on the shore, looking around him. Purple, twinkling trees swayed in a gentle breeze, and his eyes widened. The currents carried him to the Starwood Strand. A bitter laugh forced its way from his chest and he recollected himself, beginning to trek into the glittering woodlands. He figured he’d better find a clan to join up with. As he walked, a shriek caught his ears. He could tell by the voice it was a dragoness in danger. He took off after the sound, seeing that a Basilisk was standing over a pale [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39664259]fae dragon[/url]. With one quick shot, Fortismus sent an arrow for the monster’s eye, killing it with deadly precision. Quickly he ran up to the Fae, who looked up at him with wide, scared eyes. She wore light, gold and white robes that seemed stained with dirt from the encounter “A-Are you okay?” He breathed in a gentle voice. “It didn’t hurt you, did it?” The Fae’s frills perked up. “I’m okay” she breathed. “But what about you? You’re shaking.” Fortismus let out a shuttery sigh, not realizing that exhaustion had caught up with him. He lowered to his knees next to the Fae and said nothing. “We should go back to my clan,” The Fae said. “We have healers, and if you need somewhere to stay, my mom will be glad to have you,” “Your mom?” Fortismus asked. “Yes. The Queen of the Lapidia,” the Fae said. “Come on, I’ll lead the way.” Fortismus looked at the fae, dumbfounded, but nodded and shakily followed the fae anyways. [/quote]
Day 1
I am finally, FINALLY, beginning this challenge. My life has been hectic lately and I kept getting sidetracked.

RNG chose #53 today, which is Fortismus, my Earth Rep (and a partially gened g1!)

48229186_350.png

I will edit this post once I have the lore, I am determined to lore this dude as his egg was actually a christmas present lol

EDIT 5/11 - Here is his lore. It's unfinished but it's well over 500 words, so I would consider it a success.
The Stone Hunter (WIP) wrote:
“My father, he used to be a mine-boss in cairnstone rest. Oh? You want to know more about father? He was an Obelisk named Altrue. He and my 27 other dads kept me safe through my childhood. I thought I would always be with the miners, but then Altrue passed away. He was the glue that kept us together. I tried to take his place, but I was a far better hunter than a miner. So I left, in search of a clan to protect with my arrows. Still, I regret not being able to at least help the troupe continue my father’s legacy….”

~~~~~

Fortismus’ egg was abandoned at the doorstep of a powerful mine-boss that was working in the mines at Cairnestone Rest. Who his parents were, no one knows. Many speculated that he was sired by one of the miners, and his mother left his egg in hope he would be raised by his father, or that his mother was one of the travelers passing through who accidentally fell expectant with him. Either way, the mine boss, an old Obelisk named Altrue, took the egg in and doted on it with a love that many of his subordinates had never seen before. The miners were even more surprised when the egg hatched into a Wildclaw, as many of the miners had never seen a Wildclaw among their ranks before since most commonly Ridgebacks, Snappers, and Guardian dragons were hired to work the mines due to their size and strength.

Fortismus grew up around the mines in Cairnstone rest, with not only Altrue’s watchful eyes on him, but the rest of the miners’ as well. The entire troupe of 27 miners almost became parents to Fortismus in one way or another alongside Altrue. Many kept Fortismus occupied while on their breaks, while others kept a watchful eye on him when he went to join them in the mines. Many days were spent keeping the young Wildclaw from trouble, but at the end of the day he always stayed safe, and ate with all of the miners at their campfire, sitting by Altrue’s side, gleefully listening to the riveting stories Altrue would tell him every night in the company of the miners.

The Miners quickly learned that having Fortismus with them was actually a boon, as the young Wildclaw had lightning-quick reflexes and sharp senses that would help the miners stay out of danger themselves. Fortismus always seemed to sense when rocks were about to fall or when something was lurking deep in the mines of Cairnstone rest, alerting the miners that they were in danger far before they would realize it themselves. At first, some of the miners thought that he was just a youngster playing a prank, but after some cuts and bruises, and a near-death experience for one of the miners, they began to take him seriously. Eventually, Fortismus took up archery in his teen years, learning to shoot a bow and arrow with eagle-eyed precision, so he could pick off any lurkers in the tunnels rather than keep interrupting the miner’s work.

Even with his integral role among the miners, Fortismus never caught onto mining itself. He found it difficult to tell different types of rocks from one another and never understood how his miner parents would be able to read veins of earth to find valuable stones and minerals. He understood power dynamics, land bids, and trade negotiations even less, as there seemed to be a stand-offish nature around the such and silent communications between bosses. As much as Altrue tried to teach Fortismus the ways of mining, both dragons were only met with frustration with one another. Altrue wanted Fortismus to eventually be able to take his place as all of their troupe adored the wildclaw and adversaries were intrigued, if not scared of him, but Fortismus was content with hunting and protecting the mining troupe instead. Altrue supported Fortismus’ ambitions in the skills he excelled at, but stubbornly tried to keep pushing Fortismus to learn the mining trade, eventually causing the two to grow apart.

However, tragedy eventually struck the troupe. One of the tunnels they were mining out of collapsed. Fortismus was able to alert most of them to the rumbling and nearly everyone got out, but no one could find Altrue. They tried to dig out the tunnel, but to no avail. His body was never found. The entire troupe was distraught and unsure what to do, looking to Fortismus to keep leading them in Altrue’s place. Fortismus didn’t know what to do himself, the dragon he had always looked up to as his father was now gone. The troupe tried their best to stay together, many of the miners trying to help Fortismus learn more of what Altrue was trying to teach him, but to no avail. When other mine-bosses heard what happened, some tried to help Fortismus and his troupe, having known and respected Altrue. Others tried to undermine him, offering to hire members of Altrue’s troupe out from under Fortismus.

After losing some of the troupe and failing to keep up on profitable mining and bids, Fortismus gave up. He went to the mine-bosses that were friends of his father and begged them to hire the remainder of Altrue’s troop. Many agreed, hiring on the younger members, but some of the older members stubbornly refused to leave Fortismus’ side, having pledged themselves to Altrue and by extension Fortismus. Fortismus, however, knew it was all in vain, as he couldn’t seem to lead them to profits no matter how hard he tried. Eventually Fortismus persuaded the older miners to retire, leading them to the Terraclae where they could live out the rest of their lives in peace, perhaps even teaching younger dragons the trade of mining.

Afterwards, Fortismus felt the need to get out of Dragonhome. He felt like he’d failed his father’s troupe, and now the region held too many painful memories. Unsure where to go, he went south through Greatwyrm’s breach, hearing that there was a ferry that ran between Dragonhome and the Starfall Isles from a Fjord near the Canyonwalks. He’d heard that the Starwood Strand was a beautiful place where the hunting was rich and many dragons made their homes to live near, yet out of, the city Astrolodome. Fortismus hoped he could find a new start there, and maybe learn something more fantasy-like, remembering the stories Altrue regaled and how he’d paid more attention to the legends than the things Altrue had actually tried to teach him. So he took a chance and got on the ferry that would navigate through the Crystalspine Reaches and eventually land on the shores of the Starfall Isles near the Strand.

Bad luck followed Fortismus however, because he sensed a storm coming while on the ferry and warned the others. No one took him seriously, and the captain was even infuriated by this, as it could incite panic on the ferry. Then, when the storm hit, the boat was thrown into one of the curved, crystalline mountains, capsizing it. Dragons were thrown into the water, and Fortismus himself was knocked unconscious due to the impact.

When Fortismus awoke, he was on a mossy shore, soaked to the bone and lucky to be alive. His lungs burned and he struggled to blink his eyes into focus. Luckily, he hadn’t lost anything in the shipwreck, but he himself felt thoroughly wrecked. Slowly, he stood on the shore, looking around him. Purple, twinkling trees swayed in a gentle breeze, and his eyes widened. The currents carried him to the Starwood Strand. A bitter laugh forced its way from his chest and he recollected himself, beginning to trek into the glittering woodlands. He figured he’d better find a clan to join up with.

As he walked, a shriek caught his ears. He could tell by the voice it was a dragoness in danger. He took off after the sound, seeing that a Basilisk was standing over a pale fae dragon. With one quick shot, Fortismus sent an arrow for the monster’s eye, killing it with deadly precision. Quickly he ran up to the Fae, who looked up at him with wide, scared eyes. She wore light, gold and white robes that seemed stained with dirt from the encounter

“A-Are you okay?” He breathed in a gentle voice. “It didn’t hurt you, did it?”

The Fae’s frills perked up. “I’m okay” she breathed. “But what about you? You’re shaking.”

Fortismus let out a shuttery sigh, not realizing that exhaustion had caught up with him. He lowered to his knees next to the Fae and said nothing.

“We should go back to my clan,” The Fae said. “We have healers, and if you need somewhere to stay, my mom will be glad to have you,”

“Your mom?” Fortismus asked.

“Yes. The Queen of the Lapidia,” the Fae said. “Come on, I’ll lead the way.”

Fortismus looked at the fae, dumbfounded, but nodded and shakily followed the fae anyways.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
Good luck with this, Askura! I look forward to seeing your lore get developed :D
Good luck with this, Askura! I look forward to seeing your lore get developed :D

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@ZippoFeuer Thanks! I managed to get Fortismus' lore in a few minutes before my time was up. It's unfinished but currently around 1500 words lol.
@ZippoFeuer Thanks! I managed to get Fortismus' lore in a few minutes before my time was up. It's unfinished but currently around 1500 words lol.
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png