Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Progens role in lore
1 2 3 4 5
they're both in lore and side characters to give attention to the rest of the map as taking anyone in the clan out of the southern icefield is always a struggle to find a reason for it.
they're both in lore and side characters to give attention to the rest of the map as taking anyone in the clan out of the southern icefield is always a struggle to find a reason for it.
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
my random is exalted, and my custom is a treasurer for the lair, so they don't have any more important or special role than any of my other dragons lol
my random is exalted, and my custom is a treasurer for the lair, so they don't have any more important or special role than any of my other dragons lol
17497.png hi! my name is moth (he/him) here are some links you should check out
- lair quest
- art shop
- help me get my skincent printed!
clan founders and leaders, never was exalted
clan founders and leaders, never was exalted
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
SYYY2E5.png
DxCICZ1.png
WANTED:
accent lava born
9170.png
My custom progen was the one who founded my clan in the first place, and my random was the first dragon to join her. My custom has since been kinda, overthrown and moved into the shadows but my random still works as part of my Wildclaw Army so there's that.
My custom progen was the one who founded my clan in the first place, and my random was the first dragon to join her. My custom has since been kinda, overthrown and moved into the shadows but my random still works as part of my Wildclaw Army so there's that.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
my random progen is a presidential figure, and has significance in tying the lore to plague flight! my custom also ties into plague lore and is a different politician. however, i don't think i chose the role of president for my random just on the virtue of him being one of my progens. if i did that then my custom would be the president.
my random progen is a presidential figure, and has significance in tying the lore to plague flight! my custom also ties into plague lore and is a different politician. however, i don't think i chose the role of president for my random just on the virtue of him being one of my progens. if i did that then my custom would be the president.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
One's a bandit, the other's a tanner. They're just as important as everyone else. Now if that means very, little or anywhere in between, that's a secret
One's a bandit, the other's a tanner. They're just as important as everyone else. Now if that means very, little or anywhere in between, that's a secret
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Well, my progens are the founders of the clan, with my custom being the (former) leader, but I wanted to rehaul a bunch of my lore, so she went insane and is basically under watch at all times in case she snaps again, and the other is still head of the guard after a new dragon filled the role of leader. This gave me the excuse to clean out my lair (I exalted so many dragons who had been permas up to that point) because of the whole, y'know, clan leader trying to kill off her entire clan thing, and now the clan is basically "traumatized dragons get some friends, therapy, and learn to live happy lives" :)

But yeah, basically they're both still pretty important to my lore, with one of them being used as a lore excuse to do a lair purge (and ample setup for hurt/comfort, one of my favourite things to write as well as found family, which it ALSO sets up pretty good), and the other staying head of the guard, so he's in charge of directing anyone who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing. He doesn't really take on apprentices anymore, and he honestly could have retired at any point, but he's still a workaholic dedicated to protecting the clan so he continues to make sure everyone is following the rules (although he's quite relieved it's under new management).
Well, my progens are the founders of the clan, with my custom being the (former) leader, but I wanted to rehaul a bunch of my lore, so she went insane and is basically under watch at all times in case she snaps again, and the other is still head of the guard after a new dragon filled the role of leader. This gave me the excuse to clean out my lair (I exalted so many dragons who had been permas up to that point) because of the whole, y'know, clan leader trying to kill off her entire clan thing, and now the clan is basically "traumatized dragons get some friends, therapy, and learn to live happy lives" :)

But yeah, basically they're both still pretty important to my lore, with one of them being used as a lore excuse to do a lair purge (and ample setup for hurt/comfort, one of my favourite things to write as well as found family, which it ALSO sets up pretty good), and the other staying head of the guard, so he's in charge of directing anyone who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing. He doesn't really take on apprentices anymore, and he honestly could have retired at any point, but he's still a workaholic dedicated to protecting the clan so he continues to make sure everyone is following the rules (although he's quite relieved it's under new management).
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Oh jeez... so much lore. [i]So much. [/i]Dear lore'd. [size=2](ba dum tss)[/size] My progens in-lore are adopted siblings; the random progen Farallon is the captain of my (rather nautical-themed) lair's "crew". She is their protector, their defender, and the only one who knows the entire story about what happened to her brother. She was a Tundra to begin with, and became a Guardian - reborn into the sea, one might say. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74228727][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/742288/74228727_350.png[/img][/url] [size=2](And I gotta say, getting her random colors to [i]work together [/i]was the proudest moment...)[/size] Her brother, my custom progen Tethyan, is a central character... The entire reason they settled in the Leviathan Trench was because he believed he was being called there by the Tidelord. He would spend days, weeks away, following the singing voice he heard in his sleep, trying to find his flight's god - but [color=red]whatever[/color] was calling, the Tidelord it was [i]not[/i]. Tethyan was born a Fae. When another member of the flight began to experiment with samples drawn up from the depths, when they as a whole began to get a bit too close to wakening whatever terrible slumbering [color=red]thing[/color] was singing in its sleep, Tethyan did -something- to lull it back to its rest. It was roused by their curiosity and opened one bleary eye, and he dove headfirst into the Trench to quell it, and was not seen again. Some time later, an Undertide would rise from that Trench. Or something that looked like one, at least. It would not speak, did not seem to understand when spoken to, though it responded sometimes to song. It coiled itself around their watchtower, and rests there now. Farallon visits it sometimes. She recognizes her brother, whatever he has become. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74228726][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/742288/74228726_350.png[/img][/url] The rest of the crew does not. Why would they ever assume this great, silent beast with too many teeth was their tiny, curious, harmless Tethyan? And besides, Tethyan [i]did [/i]come back! See? See, he's right there! Marched right into the clan one day like nothing had ever happened! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/254526][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/2546/254526_350.png[/img][/url] [size=2](The first six-digit I ever bought was a fae with inverted primary/secondary colors from him - I [i]had [/i]to make that lore-relevant!)[/size] And... sure, perhaps when this one speaks it is slowly, and quietly, and only ever in words they have heard him say before. Perhaps he was azure-colored with caribbean wings before, they remember - and now he is quite the other way around. But otherwise, he is the same. Even if he avoids his sister at every turn. Surely this [i]must [/i]be him. The Undertide of the watchtower keeps both eyes open. One on his sister, and one on the [color=blue]changeling[/color]. The beloved captain-queen of this oasis in the depths, and this ancient thing of wrong colors and incomprehensible motives. He knows better than to blink, and lose track of either.
Oh jeez... so much lore. So much. Dear lore'd. (ba dum tss)

My progens in-lore are adopted siblings; the random progen Farallon is the captain of my (rather nautical-themed) lair's "crew". She is their protector, their defender, and the only one who knows the entire story about what happened to her brother. She was a Tundra to begin with, and became a Guardian - reborn into the sea, one might say.

74228727_350.png

(And I gotta say, getting her random colors to work together was the proudest moment...)

Her brother, my custom progen Tethyan, is a central character... The entire reason they settled in the Leviathan Trench was because he believed he was being called there by the Tidelord. He would spend days, weeks away, following the singing voice he heard in his sleep, trying to find his flight's god - but whatever was calling, the Tidelord it was not.

Tethyan was born a Fae. When another member of the flight began to experiment with samples drawn up from the depths, when they as a whole began to get a bit too close to wakening whatever terrible slumbering thing was singing in its sleep, Tethyan did -something- to lull it back to its rest. It was roused by their curiosity and opened one bleary eye, and he dove headfirst into the Trench to quell it, and was not seen again.

Some time later, an Undertide would rise from that Trench. Or something that looked like one, at least. It would not speak, did not seem to understand when spoken to, though it responded sometimes to song. It coiled itself around their watchtower, and rests there now. Farallon visits it sometimes. She recognizes her brother, whatever he has become.

74228726_350.png

The rest of the crew does not. Why would they ever assume this great, silent beast with too many teeth was their tiny, curious, harmless Tethyan? And besides, Tethyan did come back! See? See, he's right there! Marched right into the clan one day like nothing had ever happened!

254526_350.png

(The first six-digit I ever bought was a fae with inverted primary/secondary colors from him - I had to make that lore-relevant!)

And... sure, perhaps when this one speaks it is slowly, and quietly, and only ever in words they have heard him say before. Perhaps he was azure-colored with caribbean wings before, they remember - and now he is quite the other way around. But otherwise, he is the same. Even if he avoids his sister at every turn. Surely this must be him.

The Undertide of the watchtower keeps both eyes open. One on his sister, and one on the changeling. The beloved captain-queen of this oasis in the depths, and this ancient thing of wrong colors and incomprehensible motives.

He knows better than to blink, and lose track of either.
bpwh1mn.gif
7ntZZGM.pngJ7D1quC.pngn17QGji.png
I spend too much time writing lore...
5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.png7fFdbks.png
Hbjyi41.gif
nopeee. they just sit in my hibernal den doin nothing. ive only bothered to gene one, which was the custom progen. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77751897][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/777519/77751897_350.png[/img][/url]
nopeee. they just sit in my hibernal den doin nothing. ive only bothered to gene one, which was the custom progen.
77751897_350.png
(FEEL FREE TO PING ME!)
ezgif-7-aa910bd2f4.gif
Founders and leaders. Almost all of their descendants are still living with the clan.
Founders and leaders. Almost all of their descendants are still living with the clan.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
1 2 3 4 5