Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Speculations on the next new breed?
1 2 3
So, now each flight has at least 2 dragons. In the list below, Ancients are bolded. Gem breeds and difficult-to-obtain-scrolls-for breeds are italicized.

Light: Imperial, Pearlcatcher
Shadow: Nocturne, Veilspun
Lightning: Ridgeback, Sandsurge
Earth: Snapper, Obelisk
Wind: Skydancer, Spiral
Water: Guardian, Undertide
Ice: Tundra, Gaoler
Fire: Coatl, Banescale
Arcane: Fae, Aether
Nature: Wildclaw, Auraboa
Plague: Mirror, Abberation

So, which element will the next breed come from? Will it be an Ancient breed or a Modern breed? There's not a lot of data I'm aware of out there that hasn't been exhausted already, so this is mostly going to be speculation.

I'd say a Shadow Modern breed is likely. Nocturne scrolls are only available once a year, and the other Shadow breed is a gem breed. Some time has passed since Veils were introduced, too.

That said -- and I have no idea how the FR team is going to get around Imperials being the Lightweaver's "first children" canonically -- it seems like each breed will get an ancient breed, and Imperial scrolls were a kickstarter exclusive item. So, they're somewhat due for an Ancient breed, having virtually 1 breed people can change their dragons into.

Personally, I'd love to see a new modern Ice breed that isn't hairy, but rather is elegant and resembles the smooth, glossy ice itself. (We already have our Ancient for Ice, so I doubt we'll get another one before the other flights each have one.) That said, it doesn't look especially likely, at least not this year.

I'm also looking forward to the Wind Ancient, if only because I have a couple G1's I'd like to maybe turn into whatever it is. I could see this one being a gem breed, whenever it comes.

Anyway, from what I'm seeing, we may be able to expect the Light Ancient and a new Shadow Modern breed show up this year, though it's hard to say which will be next. Hopefully, we'll get some answers about that portal between Light and Shadow, too!

So, what are your theories about which breed we'll see next, and what are you hoping for?
So, now each flight has at least 2 dragons. In the list below, Ancients are bolded. Gem breeds and difficult-to-obtain-scrolls-for breeds are italicized.

Light: Imperial, Pearlcatcher
Shadow: Nocturne, Veilspun
Lightning: Ridgeback, Sandsurge
Earth: Snapper, Obelisk
Wind: Skydancer, Spiral
Water: Guardian, Undertide
Ice: Tundra, Gaoler
Fire: Coatl, Banescale
Arcane: Fae, Aether
Nature: Wildclaw, Auraboa
Plague: Mirror, Abberation

So, which element will the next breed come from? Will it be an Ancient breed or a Modern breed? There's not a lot of data I'm aware of out there that hasn't been exhausted already, so this is mostly going to be speculation.

I'd say a Shadow Modern breed is likely. Nocturne scrolls are only available once a year, and the other Shadow breed is a gem breed. Some time has passed since Veils were introduced, too.

That said -- and I have no idea how the FR team is going to get around Imperials being the Lightweaver's "first children" canonically -- it seems like each breed will get an ancient breed, and Imperial scrolls were a kickstarter exclusive item. So, they're somewhat due for an Ancient breed, having virtually 1 breed people can change their dragons into.

Personally, I'd love to see a new modern Ice breed that isn't hairy, but rather is elegant and resembles the smooth, glossy ice itself. (We already have our Ancient for Ice, so I doubt we'll get another one before the other flights each have one.) That said, it doesn't look especially likely, at least not this year.

I'm also looking forward to the Wind Ancient, if only because I have a couple G1's I'd like to maybe turn into whatever it is. I could see this one being a gem breed, whenever it comes.

Anyway, from what I'm seeing, we may be able to expect the Light Ancient and a new Shadow Modern breed show up this year, though it's hard to say which will be next. Hopefully, we'll get some answers about that portal between Light and Shadow, too!

So, what are your theories about which breed we'll see next, and what are you hoping for?
We won't get a new modern for a couple years, I'm expecting it to be released at the tail end of 2025.

Neutral/Elementless Ancient is my guess. We only have a single Elementless breed, and we need another. All flights have two breeds, but neutral only has one
We won't get a new modern for a couple years, I'm expecting it to be released at the tail end of 2025.

Neutral/Elementless Ancient is my guess. We only have a single Elementless breed, and we need another. All flights have two breeds, but neutral only has one
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-01-02 18:24:02" ] We won't get a new modern for a couple years, I'm expecting it to be released at the tail end of 2025. Neutral/Elementless Ancient is my guess. We only have a single Elementless breed, and we need another. All flights have two breeds, but neutral only has one [/quote] ..How did I completely forget that Bogsneaks are elementless
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-01-02 18:24:02:

..How did I completely forget that Bogsneaks are elementless
My guess would be either light or wind ancient would be next, since earth got a new breed more recently than either of those two.
My guess would be either light or wind ancient would be next, since earth got a new breed more recently than either of those two.
I'm placing my bets on light ancient first. Light has gone the longest with no new breed, and one of light's only 2 breeds is a KS breed. Effectively, light really only has one breed if you go by breed scroll availability.

Earth will likely get their ancient last, followed by multiples or maybe a neutral breed, but only after every flight has an ancient. I believe devs (I think Undel?) confirmed this awhile back, but I don't have a screenshot.

I'd additionally love to see a new light modern, for all of the reasons above.
I'm placing my bets on light ancient first. Light has gone the longest with no new breed, and one of light's only 2 breeds is a KS breed. Effectively, light really only has one breed if you go by breed scroll availability.

Earth will likely get their ancient last, followed by multiples or maybe a neutral breed, but only after every flight has an ancient. I believe devs (I think Undel?) confirmed this awhile back, but I don't have a screenshot.

I'd additionally love to see a new light modern, for all of the reasons above.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
I assume that the ancient order will be Light, Wind, Earth, and then maybe a Neutral/Unaligned breed. As for Moderns I'd like to see a modern for all the flights with plentiful/starter breeds first, this would be Plague (Mirrors), Water (Guardians), Arcane (Fae), and Ice (Tundras). Then after those I'd like Nature, Fire, and Shadow to get moderns since they all only have one and they're hard to obtain. Then Lightning should get their modern, and Light after that, and then Wind, and finally Earth.
I assume that the ancient order will be Light, Wind, Earth, and then maybe a Neutral/Unaligned breed. As for Moderns I'd like to see a modern for all the flights with plentiful/starter breeds first, this would be Plague (Mirrors), Water (Guardians), Arcane (Fae), and Ice (Tundras). Then after those I'd like Nature, Fire, and Shadow to get moderns since they all only have one and they're hard to obtain. Then Lightning should get their modern, and Light after that, and then Wind, and finally Earth.
Lynx
They/Them
FR+3
Loreshop
WoF Adopt Shop
18558c2b88776e33525731a99c9a09ee34def3fe.png
I'm thinking the order will be light first since one of their two breeds doesn't have an easily available scroll, followed by wind, then earth since that flight has the most recent modern, and lastly an unaligned ancient.
I'm thinking the order will be light first since one of their two breeds doesn't have an easily available scroll, followed by wind, then earth since that flight has the most recent modern, and lastly an unaligned ancient.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
i would love a new shadow modern, but realistically an elementless ancient is probably the next breed ;-;
i would love a new shadow modern, but realistically an elementless ancient is probably the next breed ;-;
8GgdVkW.png
jv7C6g3.png
h5ct4ZF.png
E5fWRUt.png
XbjATWE.png
5hF3FGk.png
zjJ1agu.png pfsNEft.png
Purchase an Aztec inspired-boggy adopt! nYNcLTN.png
No way we get a new modern anytime in the near future, though it'd be really cool xD.

I'd say the next Ancient could be Wind!
No way we get a new modern anytime in the near future, though it'd be really cool xD.

I'd say the next Ancient could be Wind!
60218142.png
I wouldn't call noc scroll hard to obtain - they only drop once a year but they drop enough in that time that they're plentiful year round, they don't get expensive at all compared to any treasure or gem breed. I think they were all of 50 g before NotN happened, and their 30 g now. That's cheaper to equal price of a common breed - and their eggs are even more common.

I just did the math and 50% of all G1s ever hatched on the site are nocturnes. That's not hard to get!

That said, I'm sure we're getting another ancient before another modern, wind or light.

I'm actually hoping they slow the breed production down now that all flights have two breeds, I love all the content and appreciate the work that the team is putting in but frankly the past couple breeds have been released faster then I can mentally digest them.
I wouldn't call noc scroll hard to obtain - they only drop once a year but they drop enough in that time that they're plentiful year round, they don't get expensive at all compared to any treasure or gem breed. I think they were all of 50 g before NotN happened, and their 30 g now. That's cheaper to equal price of a common breed - and their eggs are even more common.

I just did the math and 50% of all G1s ever hatched on the site are nocturnes. That's not hard to get!

That said, I'm sure we're getting another ancient before another modern, wind or light.

I'm actually hoping they slow the breed production down now that all flights have two breeds, I love all the content and appreciate the work that the team is putting in but frankly the past couple breeds have been released faster then I can mentally digest them.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
1 2 3