Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 197 198
Getting the banner ads in the wrong place, at the top of my screen where they're pretty intrusive. [img]https://i.ibb.co/CBmT2sY/Screenshot-20231123-031919-Chrome.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/126hYgN/Screenshot-20231123-034220-Chrome.jpg[/img] Chrome on mobile
Getting the banner ads in the wrong place, at the top of my screen where they're pretty intrusive.

Screenshot-20231123-031919-Chrome.jpg
Screenshot-20231123-034220-Chrome.jpg

Chrome on mobile
[quote name="LittleParade" date="2023-11-14 10:39:21" ] A Kia ad I received while on mobile blocked out the entire screen, couldn't zoom in or out, not able to provide anything other than a screenshot this time, very sorry! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1095940397882150993/1173986368444178504/Screenshot_20231114-090202.png[/img] I originally posted this in bugs, I forgot the ad report thread is in discussions,, [/quote] Received this one again today, still on mobile [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1095940397882150993/1177237150316626031/Screenshot_20231123-081839.png[/img]
LittleParade wrote on 2023-11-14 10:39:21:
A Kia ad I received while on mobile blocked out the entire screen, couldn't zoom in or out, not able to provide anything other than a screenshot this time, very sorry!

Screenshot_20231114-090202.png

I originally posted this in bugs, I forgot the ad report thread is in discussions,,

Received this one again today, still on mobile

Screenshot_20231123-081839.png
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
I forgot to take a screenshot but I got a full-screen ad for difflam on firefox. I use a windows laptop. I'll edit this if I see it again.
I forgot to take a screenshot but I got a full-screen ad for difflam on firefox. I use a windows laptop. I'll edit this if I see it again.
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
There's a popup ad for infinity (the car brand) in Spanish. I'm on my phone on a Chrome browser, couldn't get a screenshot or inspect element. Got it twice in a matters of minutes.
There's a popup ad for infinity (the car brand) in Spanish. I'm on my phone on a Chrome browser, couldn't get a screenshot or inspect element. Got it twice in a matters of minutes.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Infinity Car ad popping up mid screen, using Chrome on an android phone, mostly seems to happen in the auction house
Infinity Car ad popping up mid screen, using Chrome on an android phone, mostly seems to happen in the auction house
Keep getting Spanish car and that takes up the whole screen, mobile on chrome
Keep getting Spanish car and that takes up the whole screen, mobile on chrome
I have the biggest collection of Maize Jester dragons on site, I'm always looking for dragons with these two genes! Dm if you have them! I also have a friend called Apepsis who's looking for Obsidian Starmap/Obsidian Constellation/ALL Opal, please contact them mostly, DM me if they can't take them in or are busy
Cheap-13.png
I'm getting the same Spanish Kia ads plus it's an autoplay ad.

I've also received two other ads that are manifesting in the bottom banner slot that clip to the mobile bottom of the screen. All in Spanish which makes no sense for me
I'm getting the same Spanish Kia ads plus it's an autoplay ad.

I've also received two other ads that are manifesting in the bottom banner slot that clip to the mobile bottom of the screen. All in Spanish which makes no sense for me
Z7cgb70.png
keep getting an... I assume Spanish? McDonald's ad.[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/866111921031217162/1177989670831927366/SmartSelect_20231125_100853_Chrome.jpg[/img] it clings to the bottom of whatever your screen is instead of staying in the bottom ad section on chrome. Samsung 22 ultra
keep getting an... I assume Spanish? McDonald's ad.SmartSelect_20231125_100853_Chrome.jpg
it clings to the bottom of whatever your screen is instead of staying in the bottom ad section

on chrome. Samsung 22 ultra
A game I play while waiting
Pinging me? Don't forget the numbers!
I keep getting the Spanish McDonald's ad in chrome on mobile
I keep getting the Spanish McDonald's ad in chrome on mobile
I have the biggest collection of Maize Jester dragons on site, I'm always looking for dragons with these two genes! Dm if you have them! I also have a friend called Apepsis who's looking for Obsidian Starmap/Obsidian Constellation/ALL Opal, please contact them mostly, DM me if they can't take them in or are busy
Cheap-13.png
Browser: Firefox
Operating system: Windows 10
Unfortunately I can't get a screenshot, I'll explain why soon.

I turned off ads awhile back while I was awaiting a fix on one that kept claiming my whole screen and apparently forgot to turn my adblocker back off for FR for at least a few months (I have memory issues).

Last week (a few weeks ago? A month ago? I'm horrible at judging the passage of time), I realized my adblocker was still on for FR and turned it back off so you guys could get the ad money.

At the same time I began encountering a daily problem with my computer that keeps hanging up my system entirely. Webroot is getting stuck in a cycle of something that doesn't seem to be webroot's fault. My husband and I have identical systems (he also uses firefox) and he never turns off his adblocker. He doesn't have this problem.

So that's thought #1 it might be an ad. I realize this isn't much information, but I figure since this one is being so hard to gather information on, maybe pooled resources might figure it out? I dunno.

I do have a little bit more info. I can't ever get a screenshot because it hangs up my entire system and stops windows from running until I shut down every tab with flight rising in it and then wait a few minutes for it to clear up. Every function on my computer in the meantime is either unavailable or hung up on a severe delay that prevents me from realistically doing anything.

Today it happened again and I was able to use my phone (Oh...I suppose I can take pictures from my phone if it happens again when I turn ads back on) to take notes on the names of the ads that were up.

Possible problem ads:

In the first FR tab I had up, the sidebar ad didn't seem to matter, but I got some brief functionality after the ads finally cycled away from an extra tall one at the bottom called "World of Tanks" It was twice the height of the default space without being hovered over or clicked on (and my funcitonality to right click and look at sources is shot when this happens, I've been trying).

I thought it must be the one as I got a little bit in the clear while recording what was on the second FR tab I had open. The third tab I had on FR wasn't showing ads at all.

I was lucky to be able to exit anything potentially problematic, usually I have to do a hard restart when this happens.

It hung up again about a minute later though as I was recording all the ads still up anyway to try and keep some kind of record of what ads are going on when this happens, just in case my suspicions were correct. The bottom ad space was twice as tall as usual, but empty black space with no visible ad. The 2nd tab that was still opened had a new one though for M&Ms that was a square twice the height of the black bar at the bottom.

This is literally all the info I could get.

At this point in time, I'm giving you some info since I'm 90% sure it's FR ad related. However, I have blocked ads again for the next 3 days to see if it happens again. I'm not sure if it's been every day this past week, but it's definitely been every to every-other day for sure.

My husband works in computer security and says it sounds like there's a malicious ad in there that's trying to block webroot from its safety functions and creating an endless cycle of getting hung up until I hard restart. Webroot seems to be indicating the same.

I realize you probably can't do much of anything with this right now. I will let you know if it happens again before I turn ads back on and apologize for wasting your time reading this.

Otherwise, once I get a 3-day break from the stress of a computer that acts like it's breaking again, I will turn ads back on and try to take some photos with my camera if it happens again. Still won't include properties and details/links unfortunately (because my computer will be hung up again), but at least the visual will be there.

If anything, maybe someone else is experiencing the same whenever they see an M&M ad or that World of Tanks ad? /shrug

Thank you regardless, I will keep you updated.
Browser: Firefox
Operating system: Windows 10
Unfortunately I can't get a screenshot, I'll explain why soon.

I turned off ads awhile back while I was awaiting a fix on one that kept claiming my whole screen and apparently forgot to turn my adblocker back off for FR for at least a few months (I have memory issues).

Last week (a few weeks ago? A month ago? I'm horrible at judging the passage of time), I realized my adblocker was still on for FR and turned it back off so you guys could get the ad money.

At the same time I began encountering a daily problem with my computer that keeps hanging up my system entirely. Webroot is getting stuck in a cycle of something that doesn't seem to be webroot's fault. My husband and I have identical systems (he also uses firefox) and he never turns off his adblocker. He doesn't have this problem.

So that's thought #1 it might be an ad. I realize this isn't much information, but I figure since this one is being so hard to gather information on, maybe pooled resources might figure it out? I dunno.

I do have a little bit more info. I can't ever get a screenshot because it hangs up my entire system and stops windows from running until I shut down every tab with flight rising in it and then wait a few minutes for it to clear up. Every function on my computer in the meantime is either unavailable or hung up on a severe delay that prevents me from realistically doing anything.

Today it happened again and I was able to use my phone (Oh...I suppose I can take pictures from my phone if it happens again when I turn ads back on) to take notes on the names of the ads that were up.

Possible problem ads:

In the first FR tab I had up, the sidebar ad didn't seem to matter, but I got some brief functionality after the ads finally cycled away from an extra tall one at the bottom called "World of Tanks" It was twice the height of the default space without being hovered over or clicked on (and my funcitonality to right click and look at sources is shot when this happens, I've been trying).

I thought it must be the one as I got a little bit in the clear while recording what was on the second FR tab I had open. The third tab I had on FR wasn't showing ads at all.

I was lucky to be able to exit anything potentially problematic, usually I have to do a hard restart when this happens.

It hung up again about a minute later though as I was recording all the ads still up anyway to try and keep some kind of record of what ads are going on when this happens, just in case my suspicions were correct. The bottom ad space was twice as tall as usual, but empty black space with no visible ad. The 2nd tab that was still opened had a new one though for M&Ms that was a square twice the height of the black bar at the bottom.

This is literally all the info I could get.

At this point in time, I'm giving you some info since I'm 90% sure it's FR ad related. However, I have blocked ads again for the next 3 days to see if it happens again. I'm not sure if it's been every day this past week, but it's definitely been every to every-other day for sure.

My husband works in computer security and says it sounds like there's a malicious ad in there that's trying to block webroot from its safety functions and creating an endless cycle of getting hung up until I hard restart. Webroot seems to be indicating the same.

I realize you probably can't do much of anything with this right now. I will let you know if it happens again before I turn ads back on and apologize for wasting your time reading this.

Otherwise, once I get a 3-day break from the stress of a computer that acts like it's breaking again, I will turn ads back on and try to take some photos with my camera if it happens again. Still won't include properties and details/links unfortunately (because my computer will be hung up again), but at least the visual will be there.

If anything, maybe someone else is experiencing the same whenever they see an M&M ad or that World of Tanks ad? /shrug

Thank you regardless, I will keep you updated.
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 197 198