Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 197 198
Guys, if the ad is a pop-up and/or is redirecting you when you click anywhere on the page, this might be of use to you:
  1. Instead of right-clicking and inspecting, press F12.
  2. Click inside the inspect element screen, and press Ctrl F
  3. Type "reporting" - that should be enough to find the part of the code you have to screenshot.
Guys, if the ad is a pop-up and/or is redirecting you when you click anywhere on the page, this might be of use to you:
  1. Instead of right-clicking and inspecting, press F12.
  2. Click inside the inspect element screen, and press Ctrl F
  3. Type "reporting" - that should be enough to find the part of the code you have to screenshot.
HyLbTDX.png

T E R A T O L O G Y
tera ⋅ he/she/they ⋅ frt+4
uh chrome/windows 10, laptop

popup appeared in upper right corner (ads by wgx faint undertext the actual card was something like accurate weather in your area).

I tried to right mouse click to get an inspect element but mousing over that upper corner area lead to an instant redirect to new page.

when/if it appears again I will try inspect element on whichever banner sidebar ad the popup came from (bc inspect element for me on the popup itself was unsuccessful

popup appeared in upper right corner (ads by wgx faint undertext the actual card was something like accurate weather in your area).

I tried to right mouse click to get an inspect element but mousing over that upper corner area lead to an instant redirect to new page.

when/if it appears again I will try inspect element on whichever banner sidebar ad the popup came from (bc inspect element for me on the popup itself was unsuccessful
Looks like I just had the same problem as everyone else. I'm on chrome/windows 10. I was trying to scavenge but as soon as I clicked the selector to choose gathering location, I was sent to another website that told me that I was hacked and I shouldn't close the new tab. It tried to look like Windows had caught something, but the url said something about diabetes and when my mouse hovered over anything but the window that came up on the tab, my cursor turned into a big black cross.

I quickly exited and saw a popup add on the top left of my screen. I didn't think to gather any info on it since I didn't see this thread before then, but if it happens again, I certainly will. I tried to select the location after all of this only to be sent to the same site. I had to refresh the page before I could interact with fr again.

EDIT: I saw the popup again but not in time to stop myself from clicking the forums link.
Looks like I just had the same problem as everyone else. I'm on chrome/windows 10. I was trying to scavenge but as soon as I clicked the selector to choose gathering location, I was sent to another website that told me that I was hacked and I shouldn't close the new tab. It tried to look like Windows had caught something, but the url said something about diabetes and when my mouse hovered over anything but the window that came up on the tab, my cursor turned into a big black cross.

I quickly exited and saw a popup add on the top left of my screen. I didn't think to gather any info on it since I didn't see this thread before then, but if it happens again, I certainly will. I tried to select the location after all of this only to be sent to the same site. I had to refresh the page before I could interact with fr again.

EDIT: I saw the popup again but not in time to stop myself from clicking the forums link.
XXXXXXXXXX
FR+3
G7fvKLU.pngtAVsKEJ.pngAgNSwqE.png
Storyteller
@Renders [quote name="Renders" date="2019-10-03 07:13:23" ] i keep getting ads when gathering items. When i click on gather it sends me to a website thats very sketchy. I wasnt able to get a screenshot because i closed the window right away. Im using chrome, windows. Im aware that its not a virus on my computer, i've had my computer checked, and the ads only come from this website [/quote] If you are using chrome on a laptop, hit ctrl+shift+T to re-open the tab and the nyou can screenshot it.
@Renders
Renders wrote on 2019-10-03 07:13:23:
i keep getting ads when gathering items. When i click on gather it sends me to a website thats very sketchy. I wasnt able to get a screenshot because i closed the window right away. Im using chrome, windows.

Im aware that its not a virus on my computer, i've had my computer checked, and the ads only come from this website

If you are using chrome on a laptop, hit ctrl+shift+T to re-open the tab and the nyou can screenshot it.
uUy6CkM.png
[quote name="jbapple" date="2019-10-03 10:35:46" ] uh chrome/windows 10, laptop popup appeared in upper right corner (ads by wgx faint undertext the actual card was something like accurate weather in your area). I tried to right mouse click to get an inspect element but mousing over that upper corner area lead to an instant redirect to new page. when/if it appears again I will try inspect element on whichever banner sidebar ad the popup came from (bc inspect element for me on the popup itself was unsuccessful [/quote] Same here. Chrome, Windows 10 My ad was also from "Ads by WGX" and the exact wording was "Potential Street Damage Reported in Litchfield+Park" with the text below it reading "Stay Prepared and Aware With This App" "Accurate Weather Today" It opened a new tab that closed itself almost immediately
jbapple wrote on 2019-10-03 10:35:46:

Same here.
Chrome, Windows 10
My ad was also from "Ads by WGX" and the exact wording was
"Potential Street Damage Reported in Litchfield+Park" with the text below it reading
"Stay Prepared and Aware With This App"
"Accurate Weather Today"

It opened a new tab that closed itself almost immediately
tumblr_inline_o1juycxztV1rxulxk_500.gif
[quote name="jbapple" date="2019-10-03 10:35:46" ] uh chrome/windows 10, laptop popup appeared in upper right corner (ads by wgx faint undertext the actual card was something like accurate weather in your area). I tried to right mouse click to get an inspect element but mousing over that upper corner area lead to an instant redirect to new page. when/if it appears again I will try inspect element on whichever banner sidebar ad the popup came from (bc inspect element for me on the popup itself was unsuccessful [/quote] Same here! Happened just now, I got a screenshot of it, though. (Open in a new tab to see better, as it's quite large) [img]https://i.imgur.com/3vbnvyh.jpg[/img] You can't really see it too well, but in the corner of the ad it says 'Ads by WGX'. I also included the time and date as proof, but when I tried to Inspect it as soon as my mouse went over it it opened a pop-up tab. :( Oh, and I'm also on Windows 10, using Chrome, on my Laptop; if it happens again, I might Ad-block FR again as I REALLY don't want a virus as I only just recently got my laptop...

Same here! Happened just now, I got a screenshot of it, though. (Open in a new tab to see better, as it's quite large)

3vbnvyh.jpg

You can't really see it too well, but in the corner of the ad it says 'Ads by WGX'. I also included the time and date as proof, but when I tried to Inspect it as soon as my mouse went over it it opened a pop-up tab. :(

Oh, and I'm also on Windows 10, using Chrome, on my Laptop; if it happens again, I might Ad-block FR again as I REALLY don't want a virus as I only just recently got my laptop...
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Same problem with the anti-virus Macafee (sp) ad as everyone else. Windows 10, Chrome. I have an ad blocker installed, so this is doubly infuriating.
Same problem with the anti-virus Macafee (sp) ad as everyone else. Windows 10, Chrome. I have an ad blocker installed, so this is doubly infuriating.
fqn8lLh.png
I've been getting these same ads as everyone else as well, Windows 10 Chrome. Blocked a pop-up after it showed. I'll do my best to get a screenshot/inspect the next time I see if, if it pops up again.
I've been getting these same ads as everyone else as well, Windows 10 Chrome. Blocked a pop-up after it showed. I'll do my best to get a screenshot/inspect the next time I see if, if it pops up again.
16910.png VWOOP
she/her
FR + 3

~Ice~
57.png
Moderator of the Flight Rising Together discord server! Interested in joining us? PM me! :)
icon01_snall.png
[center][size=2]Chrome user (windows 10 I believe) here Just got this pop-up [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZLlq8QZ.png[/img] I did even think about inspecting it, but like some others have said, once I tried clicking somewhere else (on site) it redirected me to that website. If another one pops up I'll try and remember inspecting it >> EDIT: Ok, I just got redirected when there wasn't even a pop-up ad [i]anywhere.[/i] Took me to "Reimage Repair."
Chrome user (windows 10 I believe) here

Just got this pop-up
ZLlq8QZ.png
I did even think about inspecting it, but like some others have said, once I tried clicking somewhere else (on site) it redirected me to that website.

If another one pops up I'll try and remember inspecting it >>

EDIT:

Ok, I just got redirected when there wasn't even a pop-up ad anywhere.
Took me to "Reimage Repair."
ooooooooooo kssHcoX.png K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
[quote name="risenicarus" date="2019-10-03 11:44:30" ] [quote name="jbapple" date="2019-10-03 10:35:46" ] uh chrome/windows 10, laptop popup appeared in upper right corner (ads by wgx faint undertext the actual card was something like accurate weather in your area). I tried to right mouse click to get an inspect element but mousing over that upper corner area lead to an instant redirect to new page. when/if it appears again I will try inspect element on whichever banner sidebar ad the popup came from (bc inspect element for me on the popup itself was unsuccessful [/quote] Same here. Chrome, Windows 10 My ad was also from "Ads by WGX" and the exact wording was "Potential Street Damage Reported in Litchfield+Park" with the text below it reading "Stay Prepared and Aware With This App" "Accurate Weather Today" It opened a new tab that closed itself almost immediately [/quote] Same image provided, mcafee here: [img]https://i.imgur.com/8F2CXPK.jpg[/img]
risenicarus wrote on 2019-10-03 11:44:30:

Same here.
Chrome, Windows 10
My ad was also from "Ads by WGX" and the exact wording was
"Potential Street Damage Reported in Litchfield+Park" with the text below it reading
"Stay Prepared and Aware With This App"
"Accurate Weather Today"

It opened a new tab that closed itself almost immediately

Same image provided, mcafee here:

8F2CXPK.jpg
myscHDY.pngOtSAEnu.pngx1qTvBZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 197 198