Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 181 182 183 184 185 ... 197 198
Windows 10 // Chrome Version 119.0.6045.200 Only time I've ever seen this one, but figured I'd mention it. It's [i]technically[/i] a SFW image, but it's very... uncomfortably fetish-y, which I don't think is the ideal vibe for a site like this. To err on the side of caution, I'll just [u][url=https://i.imgur.com/CaRgy5V.png]link the image here[/url][/u]. The inspect element code is below: [img]https://i.imgur.com/gpymNW0.png[/img]
Windows 10 // Chrome Version 119.0.6045.200

Only time I've ever seen this one, but figured I'd mention it. It's technically a SFW image, but it's very... uncomfortably fetish-y, which I don't think is the ideal vibe for a site like this.

To err on the side of caution, I'll just link the image here. The inspect element code is below:
gpymNW0.png
ACOZFAh.png
8M6oN2E.png
bYt72YT.png
J7D1quC.png
@LarkspurDragon It certainly sounds mostly similar. And thanks for reminding me I need to do my next round of testing. My adblocker is still on giving me peace from these computer-killing ads ever since.

With my issue though until I figured out that closing any windows with FR in them worked, it was completely killing my whole computer when they popped up. I would try to get my task manager up with ctrl alt delete and would eventually get a message most of the time that windows itself was no longer responding.

At one point I managed to actually get task manager up just before I turned on ad blocker to see that something was cycling nonstop with my antivirus and creating a system overload trying to bypass it every second until I shut down my tabs and it eventually cleared them all without having to do a hard reset of my computer like all the other times.

I've not had the sort of day where I'm willing to struggle with it yet, but I've put up in my notes server to be sure to turn it on and test further at some point tomorrow and try to get screenshots.

For now, I will simply say it is definitely an FR ad that kept killing my computer because I haven't had the problem at all since turning my ad blocker on. Which again, I actually hate doing. I want all these ads to be giving you all money for your wonderful game when I cannot <3
@LarkspurDragon It certainly sounds mostly similar. And thanks for reminding me I need to do my next round of testing. My adblocker is still on giving me peace from these computer-killing ads ever since.

With my issue though until I figured out that closing any windows with FR in them worked, it was completely killing my whole computer when they popped up. I would try to get my task manager up with ctrl alt delete and would eventually get a message most of the time that windows itself was no longer responding.

At one point I managed to actually get task manager up just before I turned on ad blocker to see that something was cycling nonstop with my antivirus and creating a system overload trying to bypass it every second until I shut down my tabs and it eventually cleared them all without having to do a hard reset of my computer like all the other times.

I've not had the sort of day where I'm willing to struggle with it yet, but I've put up in my notes server to be sure to turn it on and test further at some point tomorrow and try to get screenshots.

For now, I will simply say it is definitely an FR ad that kept killing my computer because I haven't had the problem at all since turning my ad blocker on. Which again, I actually hate doing. I want all these ads to be giving you all money for your wonderful game when I cannot <3
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
Okay it happened again this morning and I at least got a little hint of what my computer was working on [img]https://i.imgur.com/ATKuJO4.png[/img] Once it freezes, I can't even get to the inspect code, so this is all I have to go off of.
Okay it happened again this morning and I at least got a little hint of what my computer was working on
ATKuJO4.png

Once it freezes, I can't even get to the inspect code, so this is all I have to go off of.
Those who are having the ad's freeze their PC's, if you're using Chrome, I've found that turning on Memory saver, and setting the speed to standard preloading under settings>performance, stopped those issues. When Chrome detects an Ad that's resource hungry it blocks it.
Those who are having the ad's freeze their PC's, if you're using Chrome, I've found that turning on Memory saver, and setting the speed to standard preloading under settings>performance, stopped those issues. When Chrome detects an Ad that's resource hungry it blocks it.
M5RokZd.png
I'm also having issues with the Adobe ad, but I'm using Microsoft Edge on a Windows laptop. I also can't inspect it, because it freezes the page whenever it loads. (I see other people have reported it, just figured I'd mention it because most of them seem to be using Chrome) [img]https://i.imgur.com/YTsFDeL.png[/img]
I'm also having issues with the Adobe ad, but I'm using Microsoft Edge on a Windows laptop. I also can't inspect it, because it freezes the page whenever it loads.
(I see other people have reported it, just figured I'd mention it because most of them seem to be using Chrome)

YTsFDeL.png
Dfcxq8Z.gifpODEXsa.pnguGaUP58.gif
I already mistakenly posted this elsewhere, but it was suggested that I post here. [quote name="Clover" date="2023-12-07 15:10:52" ] I hadn't had this problem till today, but it has happened multiple times now. It seems to be caused by an Adobe ad. Every single time the site freezes, that ad is present. I purposely refreshed the site multiple times, (dragon pages, forum pages, Main page...) and yeah always freezes with the Adobe ad. So maybe FR can block that ad or something? It says something about trying 20 apps (the screen turns black so it's hard to read the whole thing) and has a changing collage of photos on the bottom. Google Chrome Windows. [/quote] To add to this. I've also seen a jaguar Adobe ad that causes freezing. And I know someone else spotted a jellyfish one too.
I already mistakenly posted this elsewhere, but it was suggested that I post here.
Clover wrote on 2023-12-07 15:10:52:
I hadn't had this problem till today, but it has happened multiple times now. It seems to be caused by an Adobe ad. Every single time the site freezes, that ad is present.

I purposely refreshed the site multiple times, (dragon pages, forum pages, Main page...) and yeah always freezes with the Adobe ad. So maybe FR can block that ad or something?

It says something about trying 20 apps (the screen turns black so it's hard to read the whole thing) and has a changing collage of photos on the bottom.

Google Chrome Windows.

To add to this. I've also seen a jaguar Adobe ad that causes freezing. And I know someone else spotted a jellyfish one too.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
Seconding the posts about every Adobe ad making the site freeze. Can't even grab meta-data because the webpage becomes completely unresponsive. This has happened three times since I've been trying to post this report.
Seconding the posts about every Adobe ad making the site freeze. Can't even grab meta-data because the webpage becomes completely unresponsive. This has happened three times since I've been trying to post this report.
CLljvdp.png
Can confirm Adobe ads are causing the site to freeze. Of all the times the site froze, there was either an Adobe ad (6 times) or the ad didn't even get the chance to load. Using Chrome.
Can confirm Adobe ads are causing the site to freeze. Of all the times the site froze, there was either an Adobe ad (6 times) or the ad didn't even get the chance to load. Using Chrome.
8AiuGvS.png
I've had the same issue with my page freezing when an Adobe ad comes up. I've tried this on both Chrome and Firefox, and the results are the same. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842303068867002368/1182889964669767770/image.png[/img] Clicking 'Wait' does not help, and when I click 'Exit' I get the following error:[code] Error code: RESULT_CODE_HUNG[/code] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/842303068867002368/1182890042742554824/image.png[/img] As other have mentioned, this only happens with the Adobe ad, and it's happened with each Adobe ad that I've seen.
I've had the same issue with my page freezing when an Adobe ad comes up. I've tried this on both Chrome and Firefox, and the results are the same.

image.png

Clicking 'Wait' does not help, and when I click 'Exit' I get the following error:
Code:
Error code: RESULT_CODE_HUNG

image.png

As other have mentioned, this only happens with the Adobe ad, and it's happened with each Adobe ad that I've seen.
OABZqDF.png
Wishlist

Echoing the Adobe ad crashing report, on Chrome
Echoing the Adobe ad crashing report, on Chrome
~~~~Happy Flying!~~~~
x0tFThs.pngwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gifelGm1jC.png
(~Skylth~)
1 2 ... 181 182 183 184 185 ... 197 198