Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's looking like the Nature Ancient...
1 2 3 4
...is just a Coatl fused with an Undertide. So far, anyway. We got Undertides around this time last year, someone noted, too. We can't say for sure until the breed is revealed for sure, but...I hope there's more to it than just feather+snake. I know it works as a reference to the quetzalcoatl, but I mean come on. We already have Coatls as a reference to those, and Undertides for big, serpentine ancients (which are noted to not only be sea serpents, but to fly far into the sky, too.)

So...yeah. Really hoping there's something more unique going on here.
...is just a Coatl fused with an Undertide. So far, anyway. We got Undertides around this time last year, someone noted, too. We can't say for sure until the breed is revealed for sure, but...I hope there's more to it than just feather+snake. I know it works as a reference to the quetzalcoatl, but I mean come on. We already have Coatls as a reference to those, and Undertides for big, serpentine ancients (which are noted to not only be sea serpents, but to fly far into the sky, too.)

So...yeah. Really hoping there's something more unique going on here.
I'm guessing it will have a beak instead of a snake head personally. That would help set it apart from undertides and coatls a lot.

Though I dont have an issue with another snake bodied ancient. We already have a ton of breeds (including ancients) that have the two wings four legs plan. I think its fine to reuse other body plans.
I'm guessing it will have a beak instead of a snake head personally. That would help set it apart from undertides and coatls a lot.

Though I dont have an issue with another snake bodied ancient. We already have a ton of breeds (including ancients) that have the two wings four legs plan. I think its fine to reuse other body plans.
70573973.pngCBsJXZk.gif
I read the title as "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." I'm so sorry for my Christmas brainrot.

Anyway, I'm guessing that the nature ancient, no matter its appearance, will be the "true snake dragon" compared to the others.

Undertides do have snake traits (able to constrict other dragons) and Sandsurges have snake themes (genes and the super vague shape of their head crest) but neither dragon is completely limbless or a full snake either. Undertides are eels while Sandsurges are just... land shark... lizard... things.

I'm just assuming it's a very leafy snake anaconda rather than the third winged snake in the game (four if you count Spirals).
I read the title as "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..." I'm so sorry for my Christmas brainrot.

Anyway, I'm guessing that the nature ancient, no matter its appearance, will be the "true snake dragon" compared to the others.

Undertides do have snake traits (able to constrict other dragons) and Sandsurges have snake themes (genes and the super vague shape of their head crest) but neither dragon is completely limbless or a full snake either. Undertides are eels while Sandsurges are just... land shark... lizard... things.

I'm just assuming it's a very leafy snake anaconda rather than the third winged snake in the game (four if you count Spirals).
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
I mean.. eventually everything has already been done.
I mean.. eventually everything has already been done.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Considering we have Tundras, Gaolers and Obelisks... I honestly don't mind if the Nature Ancient happens to have a look of Coatls. I'd be super crazy for a dragon breed that had a vague look of Imperials in the future (in the same way Gaolers/Obelisks vaguely resemble Tundras)

That being said, I kind of doubt it will look similar to Coatls. I'm expecting something more fierce looking, considering that it's a nature Ancient. The beak idea is also really interesting! I'd never thought of it before, but I'd love a dragon with a beak!
Considering we have Tundras, Gaolers and Obelisks... I honestly don't mind if the Nature Ancient happens to have a look of Coatls. I'd be super crazy for a dragon breed that had a vague look of Imperials in the future (in the same way Gaolers/Obelisks vaguely resemble Tundras)

That being said, I kind of doubt it will look similar to Coatls. I'm expecting something more fierce looking, considering that it's a nature Ancient. The beak idea is also really interesting! I'd never thought of it before, but I'd love a dragon with a beak!
Mqw5b1R.gif
Honestly I know were mostly leaning towards snakes and birds but given the Wildclaw is the most dinosaur like dragon I would not be surprised if it was some type of dinosaur too which would be cool I love dinosaurs Yes I know birds are dinosaurs

I just think it would be neat :V
Honestly I know were mostly leaning towards snakes and birds but given the Wildclaw is the most dinosaur like dragon I would not be surprised if it was some type of dinosaur too which would be cool I love dinosaurs Yes I know birds are dinosaurs

I just think it would be neat :V
As long as the pose is different to undies, spirals and other long bois, it should at least pass. Although it would be different anyway if the devs presented a very different body plan to what was hinted.

And besides, the art team has already made multiple dragons with pretty much the same bodyplan, what's stopping them from using a bodyplan only one dragon has?
As long as the pose is different to undies, spirals and other long bois, it should at least pass. Although it would be different anyway if the devs presented a very different body plan to what was hinted.

And besides, the art team has already made multiple dragons with pretty much the same bodyplan, what's stopping them from using a bodyplan only one dragon has?
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
[quote name="SPinosaurid" date="2023-11-20 14:18:51" ] I'm guessing it will have a beak instead of a snake head personally. That would help set it apart from undertides and coatls a lot. Though I dont have an issue with another snake bodied ancient. We already have a ton of breeds (including ancients) that have the two wings four legs plan. I think its fine to reuse other body plans. [/quote] I really like the idea of a break- I don't think we have much in the way of actual birdlike ancients. Plus there's a lot you can do with a serpentine body plan. I have no doubt staff will make this ancient feel wonderfully unique.
SPinosaurid wrote on 2023-11-20 14:18:51:

I really like the idea of a break- I don't think we have much in the way of actual birdlike ancients. Plus there's a lot you can do with a serpentine body plan. I have no doubt staff will make this ancient feel wonderfully unique.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
if it is a snakey I hope one of the poses is reared up like a cobra =D
if it is a snakey I hope one of the poses is reared up like a cobra =D
c64qslB.png iejIbGt.png 7nuk9Ck.png
I have no problems with it being an amphithere-like dragon! I mean, people complain Veilspun are too much like Imps and Aberrations are too much like [i]Skydancers[/i]. I've even seen people compare Banescales to Ridgebacks. People are going to compare every breed to everything it seems. I don't care, even subtle differences are really fun! Give me the Coatl-Spiral-Undertide love children [emoji=cobra size=1]
I have no problems with it being an amphithere-like dragon! I mean, people complain Veilspun are too much like Imps and Aberrations are too much like Skydancers. I've even seen people compare Banescales to Ridgebacks.

People are going to compare every breed to everything it seems. I don't care, even subtle differences are really fun! Give me the Coatl-Spiral-Undertide love children
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
1 2 3 4