Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When making fandragons/OCs into dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
I like getting close enough with like vibes of the character. I do like having them mostly be their hair color tho lol. It's neat to try n figure out what dragon type they'd be honestly
But eyes i find to be whatever i can grab off the ah since they're G1 and it's already hard enough to find colors lol
I like getting close enough with like vibes of the character. I do like having them mostly be their hair color tho lol. It's neat to try n figure out what dragon type they'd be honestly
But eyes i find to be whatever i can grab off the ah since they're G1 and it's already hard enough to find colors lol
bVzIUfv.png
Visual matches, as long as the vibes look right.

Eye color and dragon gender are usually the two biggest things I ignore, since colors are much more important.
Visual matches, as long as the vibes look right.

Eye color and dragon gender are usually the two biggest things I ignore, since colors are much more important.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
I like it to match visually as much as possible, otherwise as long as it works thematically I think it's fine! Seeing as I literally have a fandragon for something as obscure as a church in Assassin's Creed: VA I really think it can be a mix of both!

As long as it matches for you and makes you happy, it works. ^-^
I like it to match visually as much as possible, otherwise as long as it works thematically I think it's fine! Seeing as I literally have a fandragon for something as obscure as a church in Assassin's Creed: VA I really think it can be a mix of both!

As long as it matches for you and makes you happy, it works. ^-^
output-onlinegiftools-2.gif Jd88XNq.pnggSK9g1T.png
MUYNhfy.pngYw8EvNQ.png
mtHAEL4.pngT4Peb9C.png
rI18gRz.pngFUyX5Pi.png
27AZD8S.pngQSe6tSa.png
4ogWlJU.pnghZipXGO.png
output-onlinegiftools-1.gif
I get a lot of my OCs from my dragons. The sci-fi universe I've been tinkering with for years? Yeah, I completely overhauled the protagonists after I made them fandragons, based on the fandragon versions of themselves.

As for bona fide fandragons? I base the dragon on their personality. Canonical visual appearance plays a smaller role. So a subdued character would have a fandragon with more muted colors and duller genes, cheerful/energetic ones are spirals, scary ones get darker colors, etc.
I get a lot of my OCs from my dragons. The sci-fi universe I've been tinkering with for years? Yeah, I completely overhauled the protagonists after I made them fandragons, based on the fandragon versions of themselves.

As for bona fide fandragons? I base the dragon on their personality. Canonical visual appearance plays a smaller role. So a subdued character would have a fandragon with more muted colors and duller genes, cheerful/energetic ones are spirals, scary ones get darker colors, etc.
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
If I can I'll try to get colours that match the character (whether it matches their appearance, outfit, etc), but most times I'll go with vibes. Also extends to their outfit, but I try to replicate them as close as I can with what FR has to offer

I'll try to match the eyes to their canon eye colour, or something that fits best from a lore standpoint, with whichever being based on what dragons I can find that fit (tends to be an even split between fandragons with their canon eye colour, and ones with elements that fit The Vibes)
If I can I'll try to get colours that match the character (whether it matches their appearance, outfit, etc), but most times I'll go with vibes. Also extends to their outfit, but I try to replicate them as close as I can with what FR has to offer

I'll try to match the eyes to their canon eye colour, or something that fits best from a lore standpoint, with whichever being based on what dragons I can find that fit (tends to be an even split between fandragons with their canon eye colour, and ones with elements that fit The Vibes)
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
i try to get it as visually matching if i can, then add some other things i think are fitting. i don't really pay attention to eyes much unless it's crucial or if the breed has large eyes

my dude mikey over here doesn't actually have anything related to hand imagery or literal ghostly floating hands, they're more of a symbolic representation of his dead family that haunts him throughout the comics

if it's hard to represent what i'm trying to go for (i.e. an album), i base the dragon off of cover art or any relevant imagery associated or the general vibe. clockwork was largely based off of the apocalyptic promotional art and music videos associated with the QOTSA album like clockwork, and i generally stuck with frosty or cold-themed items for coolpunk
i try to get it as visually matching if i can, then add some other things i think are fitting. i don't really pay attention to eyes much unless it's crucial or if the breed has large eyes

my dude mikey over here doesn't actually have anything related to hand imagery or literal ghostly floating hands, they're more of a symbolic representation of his dead family that haunts him throughout the comics

if it's hard to represent what i'm trying to go for (i.e. an album), i base the dragon off of cover art or any relevant imagery associated or the general vibe. clockwork was largely based off of the apocalyptic promotional art and music videos associated with the QOTSA album like clockwork, and i generally stuck with frosty or cold-themed items for coolpunk
Bluefin Charger Fin » cal
» he/they
» FR+0
___________________________________________ Q5wOe0Z.gif
for oc dragons i'm very lenient bc they're all g1s. i'd rather get the right colours and forgo 'perfect' eyes. in fact, i don't think any of my ocs have the right eye colour but honestly for them i don't care as long as the rest is nailed.

for fandragons i typically prefer the eye colour to match bc i breed for them myself 9 times out of 10. i have a lot of earth and water eyed fandragons haha. tho i do have some exceptions where i found the perfect colours on the ah and couldn't be bothered doing a breeding project or where i felt the vibes worked better; but they are the minority for sure
for oc dragons i'm very lenient bc they're all g1s. i'd rather get the right colours and forgo 'perfect' eyes. in fact, i don't think any of my ocs have the right eye colour but honestly for them i don't care as long as the rest is nailed.

for fandragons i typically prefer the eye colour to match bc i breed for them myself 9 times out of 10. i have a lot of earth and water eyed fandragons haha. tho i do have some exceptions where i found the perfect colours on the ah and couldn't be bothered doing a breeding project or where i felt the vibes worked better; but they are the minority for sure
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
i try to get them to match as best as i can.
i try to get them to match as best as i can.
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
if its my OC whatever matches my vibes at the moment

if I was making a fandragon, I'd be more inclined to do my best to make it match the original source down to colours
if its my OC whatever matches my vibes at the moment

if I was making a fandragon, I'd be more inclined to do my best to make it match the original source down to colours
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
i tend to match element to canon eye colour, except for when the eyes are covered anyway, but other than that i tend to go more for vibes than canon appearances. especially when it comes to apparel, i can get pretty close sometimes but in some cases i just have to go for the thing closest to the vibes that serves the right purpose.

for breeds, i end up going for whatever fits the character personality-wise or just whatever works best aesthetically. or, alternatively, whatever has a particular feature that matches with that character's appearance in canon

...so, primarily vibes
i tend to match element to canon eye colour, except for when the eyes are covered anyway, but other than that i tend to go more for vibes than canon appearances. especially when it comes to apparel, i can get pretty close sometimes but in some cases i just have to go for the thing closest to the vibes that serves the right purpose.

for breeds, i end up going for whatever fits the character personality-wise or just whatever works best aesthetically. or, alternatively, whatever has a particular feature that matches with that character's appearance in canon

...so, primarily vibes
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
1 2 3 4 5 6