Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | When making fandragons/OCs into dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
I try to make them visually match the best I can! I will occasionally go for vibes, though-- for example, my dragon Kyudaime doesn't look that similar to the character she's based on, but I tried to match the same general spirit.

I always match eye types to the character's eye colour, though. That's the one thing I'm very fussy about. :'D If it's a creature that doesn't have eyes, I pick an element that seems fitting.
I try to make them visually match the best I can! I will occasionally go for vibes, though-- for example, my dragon Kyudaime doesn't look that similar to the character she's based on, but I tried to match the same general spirit.

I always match eye types to the character's eye colour, though. That's the one thing I'm very fussy about. :'D If it's a creature that doesn't have eyes, I pick an element that seems fitting.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Visual for me! I do my best to match the character as closely as possible c:
Visual for me! I do my best to match the character as closely as possible c:
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
i don’t care too much about the genes, i just choose a derg from the ah that i think could work. i spend a lot of time trying to get the apparel as accurate as possible, and i always try to incorporate skins as well
i don’t care too much about the genes, i just choose a derg from the ah that i think could work. i spend a lot of time trying to get the apparel as accurate as possible, and i always try to incorporate skins as well
I care about the Flight, genes, colours, and even the dragon breed. I also match with a scene, familiar, and all apparel I can manage. :D
I care about the Flight, genes, colours, and even the dragon breed. I also match with a scene, familiar, and all apparel I can manage. :D
match as much as i can, but if that's not an option, then vibes all the way
match as much as i can, but if that's not an option, then vibes all the way
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
When it comes to eyes, I prefer visual matching. One of my OCs has vibrant blue eyes so I'm using a water dragon for him, but when it comes to his life story, plague would represent him well
But for genes? I mainly aim for the correct vibes there
When it comes to eyes, I prefer visual matching. One of my OCs has vibrant blue eyes so I'm using a water dragon for him, but when it comes to his life story, plague would represent him well
But for genes? I mainly aim for the correct vibes there

I kind of fell into my lair being almost entirely fandragons, and I've honestly evolved how I approach them over the almost year I've been on FR. When I first start collecting fandragons, I didn't really care about the element (or its corresponding eye color) and it was more about finding that happy meeting of dregs that had colors that matched the character's clothing or their vibe as close as possible (for those that don't have a described or consistent color pallet), and a breed that I thought fit the character. The eye color/element was honestly an afterthought. However, over time I discovered that having eye colors that didn't mesh well with the other colors really really bothered me, no matter how small their eyes were haha. A lot of my og fandragons got replaced by others that had elements and eyes that either better went with the colors of the genes or the apparel, or better matched the character in some way (like what matched their canonical eye color or element) One of my favorite fandragons that I have is Taxian Jun, and even though you can't really see that his eyes are the canonical purple, /I/ know and that's what matters lol [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79105000][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/791051/79105000_350.png[/img][/url] Conversely though, this dragon should probably be nature, based on the original character, but I felt like that didn't fit the aesthetics of the dragon (also I always disregard the supposed gender of the dragon and just go with what pose I think fits the character best) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76572204][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/765723/76572204_350.png[/img][/url]
I kind of fell into my lair being almost entirely fandragons, and I've honestly evolved how I approach them over the almost year I've been on FR.

When I first start collecting fandragons, I didn't really care about the element (or its corresponding eye color) and it was more about finding that happy meeting of dregs that had colors that matched the character's clothing or their vibe as close as possible (for those that don't have a described or consistent color pallet), and a breed that I thought fit the character. The eye color/element was honestly an afterthought.

However, over time I discovered that having eye colors that didn't mesh well with the other colors really really bothered me, no matter how small their eyes were haha. A lot of my og fandragons got replaced by others that had elements and eyes that either better went with the colors of the genes or the apparel, or better matched the character in some way (like what matched their canonical eye color or element)

One of my favorite fandragons that I have is Taxian Jun, and even though you can't really see that his eyes are the canonical purple, /I/ know and that's what matters lol

79105000_350.png

Conversely though, this dragon should probably be nature, based on the original character, but I felt like that didn't fit the aesthetics of the dragon (also I always disregard the supposed gender of the dragon and just go with what pose I think fits the character best)

76572204_350.png
wEFez2J.png
I do my best to visually match them! But FR doesn't usually have more simple outfit options, so the apparel can be hard to pin down. Same goes for very unique outfits, sometimes I just have to go for the same vibe but not same exact clothing.

When it comes to breed and genes, unless it's directly relevant to the character, I just go with whatever I'd like to look at. Sometimes the fandragon is barely noticable on FR's art style, like with Ibushi. I made him a Ridgeback F pose but in reality his spikes point forward, not backwards, so if I ever get art of him it'd have to be specified.
I do my best to visually match them! But FR doesn't usually have more simple outfit options, so the apparel can be hard to pin down. Same goes for very unique outfits, sometimes I just have to go for the same vibe but not same exact clothing.

When it comes to breed and genes, unless it's directly relevant to the character, I just go with whatever I'd like to look at. Sometimes the fandragon is barely noticable on FR's art style, like with Ibushi. I made him a Ridgeback F pose but in reality his spikes point forward, not backwards, so if I ever get art of him it'd have to be specified.
2a637a7de4d6df46e5310a94398297c6a750660e.png7d9fa0c4fa4fea47a2ad2dc28742224e549c0e1f.pngb18f358dd4b8bb92de861b91e50652e933ebe5a3.png1e6dd825c1bc6e1e13c7d822f48c3fa359caa420.png
Vibes! 500% vibes; they’re my characters, I know what they look like :P Although I have a couple of fandragons who I bought+gened specifically because they reminded me of album covers, and those go for an aesthetic match.
Vibes! 500% vibes; they’re my characters, I know what they look like :P Although I have a couple of fandragons who I bought+gened specifically because they reminded me of album covers, and those go for an aesthetic match.
1 2 3 4 5 6