Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clayton Academy Reboot- IC (Closed)
1 2
OOC

Ashlynn leaned against the painted brick wall, trying to keep herself awake. She had been put on, of all things, a train to get to Clayton, a nonstop trip of just under four days, in addition to the last-minute testing she had been put through. Plus there had been a full moon at the start of her trip, keeping her sleep schedule even more awful than usual. The off-and-on sleep wasn’t anything new, but she’d hoped to maybe get a few hours before her “big meeting” with the other Templar students.

She peeked at her phone, checking for any messages from the other students. She was allowed a phone for the first time in years for this mission alone. The only contacts she had were her father and the other Templar students, and the Templar technicians were carefully monitoring her phone to check for unauthorized usage.

Alright, I’m just past the main gate. We can meet up there before classes start.

Ashlynn sent the message to the group chat, before going back to trying not to fall asleep. She kept half an eye out for anyone approaching her, and wasn’t honestly expecting any response.
Jazmine made her way up to the entrance of the school, Rick only a few feet behind. The sheer number of students was stunning- besides her brother, Jazmine hadn’t met anyone, and so seeing so many people openly flaunting magic was odd. Refreshing, even. Jazmine was excited to find out what this school would be like. It was her first time in a “public” school since Kindergarten, and even now it was actually a private school.

“Well,” Rick said behind her, “This is it.”

Rick was impressed as much as she was, taking the whole thing in. His only experience with magical opinions was general disdain and distrust. The whole place seemed a welcome relief to the world outside.

“Okay, so from what I know, we’ll be getting dorm assignments in a few hours. We’re allowed to explore the grounds, for now, so uh…” Jazmine started. “What do you want to do?”

Rick shrugged, catching up to his sister. “Hm. I dunno. There’s probably something going on that we can check out for a few hours.”
Mathew shuffled through the papers on his desk nervously as he waited for the rest of the staff to arrive. There would be a brief staff meeting before the dorm assignments and the welcome assembly, as was the yearly tradition. This year’s he was dreading, however. Typically they would lay out some brief lesson plans and class assignments, that would be tweaked as needed, however this year he had to tell his teachers to distrust the students… To an extent.

They don’t need to treat anyone harshly. Just keep an eye out for suspicious behavior… Curse those Templar and their snake-like schemes. Turning children into weapons… What monsters dream up these sort of plans?
@RBG
@SmilodonLady
@StarR3N
@Teleoste
@MotherGuest6ui
@NyxianDragons
@EmpressAevee
@Sunnycat4
OOC

Ashlynn leaned against the painted brick wall, trying to keep herself awake. She had been put on, of all things, a train to get to Clayton, a nonstop trip of just under four days, in addition to the last-minute testing she had been put through. Plus there had been a full moon at the start of her trip, keeping her sleep schedule even more awful than usual. The off-and-on sleep wasn’t anything new, but she’d hoped to maybe get a few hours before her “big meeting” with the other Templar students.

She peeked at her phone, checking for any messages from the other students. She was allowed a phone for the first time in years for this mission alone. The only contacts she had were her father and the other Templar students, and the Templar technicians were carefully monitoring her phone to check for unauthorized usage.

Alright, I’m just past the main gate. We can meet up there before classes start.

Ashlynn sent the message to the group chat, before going back to trying not to fall asleep. She kept half an eye out for anyone approaching her, and wasn’t honestly expecting any response.
Jazmine made her way up to the entrance of the school, Rick only a few feet behind. The sheer number of students was stunning- besides her brother, Jazmine hadn’t met anyone, and so seeing so many people openly flaunting magic was odd. Refreshing, even. Jazmine was excited to find out what this school would be like. It was her first time in a “public” school since Kindergarten, and even now it was actually a private school.

“Well,” Rick said behind her, “This is it.”

Rick was impressed as much as she was, taking the whole thing in. His only experience with magical opinions was general disdain and distrust. The whole place seemed a welcome relief to the world outside.

“Okay, so from what I know, we’ll be getting dorm assignments in a few hours. We’re allowed to explore the grounds, for now, so uh…” Jazmine started. “What do you want to do?”

Rick shrugged, catching up to his sister. “Hm. I dunno. There’s probably something going on that we can check out for a few hours.”
Mathew shuffled through the papers on his desk nervously as he waited for the rest of the staff to arrive. There would be a brief staff meeting before the dorm assignments and the welcome assembly, as was the yearly tradition. This year’s he was dreading, however. Typically they would lay out some brief lesson plans and class assignments, that would be tweaked as needed, however this year he had to tell his teachers to distrust the students… To an extent.

They don’t need to treat anyone harshly. Just keep an eye out for suspicious behavior… Curse those Templar and their snake-like schemes. Turning children into weapons… What monsters dream up these sort of plans?
@RBG
@SmilodonLady
@StarR3N
@Teleoste
@MotherGuest6ui
@NyxianDragons
@EmpressAevee
@Sunnycat4
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Landon

He had decided to take some more drastic measures with how he came to school… After all, it was out in the middle of nowhere and the Templar wasn’t here to breathe down his neck about the ‘horribleness of magic.’
So Landon decided to constructively use his massive shift to walk to Clayton once he got far enough away from the Templar that they wouldn’t get more than a tip off about a massive creature.

Landon walked up to the main gate as a massive 250ft long Dalamadur and stared at it for a moment as he thought,
Right… Just gotta step over this thing and dip behind something to shift so that none of the other Tempys see me do it…
He stepped to the side of the gate to avoid potentially taking the whole thing out with his body as he stepped over the fence and kept part of his body/tail raised to cause as little damage as possible. He resisted the urge to curl part of his tail around Ashlynn in passing as he added mentally,
I hate what they did to her… How could one’s own father agree to such horrible treatment of his own child…
He shook his head a bit as he wound his way behind a building to shift.
Lance

“I’m here, Luth don’t you like have a job?”
“Don’t try and be a hypocrite now, I know you have an extremely unhealthy sleep schedule! Me working the night shift has nothing to do with keeping your dumba-s from falling asleep at the wheel!”
“Go to sleep Luther, I have a campus to wander around on.”

Lance hung up the phone before his uncle could go off on a rant about being a sleep hypocrite before killing the engine on the black truck his father had let him keep. He stepped out and saw a large serpent-y dragon thing practically stepping over the main gate and didn’t question it as he walked through and thought,
I’m beyond questioning things, I haven’t slept in 4 days. But we don’t have dorm assignments yet so… What to do ‘til then?
As I’m looking forward to curling up on an actual bed and not the back seat of a truck.

He then muttered,
“Well I’m kinda hungry, nothing new there… But I could look for the cafeteria or something to pass time…”
Adara

She sat on a bench, waiting for the door assignment notification to go through. Adara was reading an ebook, a travel cup of tea next to her as she thought,
I’m just glad the weather cooperated for today, otherwise I’d be hiding out indoors to read.
Scarificator

Scar clearly didn’t look thrilled to currently be awake as he walked towards the staff room. Carrying a large coffee cup in one hand and what appeared to be one of those microwave breakfasts that you just add an egg to. He shook his head a bit and thought,
I’d rather be sleeping right now but I also understand that we’re doing dorm assignments today for some reason… Even though I never had any part in it at my former job. I was just someone whose say was respected since I had been teaching for so many years.

He then pushed the door open and rather quickly caught it again a second later, to hold it, when he heard footsteps from behind.

((As a note, I keep seeing Scarificator showing the school colors on like the cuffs/collar of a lab coat along with a single pocket with the mascot on it, yet otherwise just as drawn.))
Dr. Night

She smiled a bit when Scar held the door for her and said,
“Thank you.”
They both moved to sit, Dr. Night glancing over at the papers on Mathew’s desk as she thought,
This is either going to be fairly long or pretty short… Either way something has clearly upset him a bit.
Landon

He had decided to take some more drastic measures with how he came to school… After all, it was out in the middle of nowhere and the Templar wasn’t here to breathe down his neck about the ‘horribleness of magic.’
So Landon decided to constructively use his massive shift to walk to Clayton once he got far enough away from the Templar that they wouldn’t get more than a tip off about a massive creature.

Landon walked up to the main gate as a massive 250ft long Dalamadur and stared at it for a moment as he thought,
Right… Just gotta step over this thing and dip behind something to shift so that none of the other Tempys see me do it…
He stepped to the side of the gate to avoid potentially taking the whole thing out with his body as he stepped over the fence and kept part of his body/tail raised to cause as little damage as possible. He resisted the urge to curl part of his tail around Ashlynn in passing as he added mentally,
I hate what they did to her… How could one’s own father agree to such horrible treatment of his own child…
He shook his head a bit as he wound his way behind a building to shift.
Lance

“I’m here, Luth don’t you like have a job?”
“Don’t try and be a hypocrite now, I know you have an extremely unhealthy sleep schedule! Me working the night shift has nothing to do with keeping your dumba-s from falling asleep at the wheel!”
“Go to sleep Luther, I have a campus to wander around on.”

Lance hung up the phone before his uncle could go off on a rant about being a sleep hypocrite before killing the engine on the black truck his father had let him keep. He stepped out and saw a large serpent-y dragon thing practically stepping over the main gate and didn’t question it as he walked through and thought,
I’m beyond questioning things, I haven’t slept in 4 days. But we don’t have dorm assignments yet so… What to do ‘til then?
As I’m looking forward to curling up on an actual bed and not the back seat of a truck.

He then muttered,
“Well I’m kinda hungry, nothing new there… But I could look for the cafeteria or something to pass time…”
Adara

She sat on a bench, waiting for the door assignment notification to go through. Adara was reading an ebook, a travel cup of tea next to her as she thought,
I’m just glad the weather cooperated for today, otherwise I’d be hiding out indoors to read.
Scarificator

Scar clearly didn’t look thrilled to currently be awake as he walked towards the staff room. Carrying a large coffee cup in one hand and what appeared to be one of those microwave breakfasts that you just add an egg to. He shook his head a bit and thought,
I’d rather be sleeping right now but I also understand that we’re doing dorm assignments today for some reason… Even though I never had any part in it at my former job. I was just someone whose say was respected since I had been teaching for so many years.

He then pushed the door open and rather quickly caught it again a second later, to hold it, when he heard footsteps from behind.

((As a note, I keep seeing Scarificator showing the school colors on like the cuffs/collar of a lab coat along with a single pocket with the mascot on it, yet otherwise just as drawn.))
Dr. Night

She smiled a bit when Scar held the door for her and said,
“Thank you.”
They both moved to sit, Dr. Night glancing over at the papers on Mathew’s desk as she thought,
This is either going to be fairly long or pretty short… Either way something has clearly upset him a bit.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Spoingle

Spoingle found themselves faced with a problem. They stared at the small doorframe with distaste, trying to figure out how to contort through it.
It had been months since they were forced inside, the last time was for a staff meeting in January, of which resulted in the principal's door being replaced with a cheaper alternative. Spoingle sighed, golden steam rising from their gills.

They pushed their head through the door, deciding to push their large chest through first. It was the thickest bit of their body, so getting it over with makes the most sense. They started slowly pulling and shoving themselves through the frame, trying their best to even breathe as their chest was constricted. After a fair amount of elbow grease they got themselves squeezed through.

They rumbled in annoyance, bowing their head and back to avoid damaging the ceiling more, and made their way through the school towards Matthew's office, following the long mark they'd made in the ceiling the first time they were summoned.

They quickly made their way to the office, and just stuck their head in instead of risking another broken door. Spoingle grunted to let themselves be known, then moved from the doorframe to let the rest of the staff inside.

Avo

Ayo is this girl ignoring me??? My guy??? He-llo?? Avo thought as he walked behind Ashlynn. He'd literally been beside her for the whole train ride, and had woken her up on purpose at least 3 times. Sure I was in a wooden crate, but would you seriously not notice it moving..?
He reached up and scratched at a thin stitch on his neck, one of three visible above his clothes, clearly annoyed that he was ignored the entire 4 day trip.

Avo paused as an extraordinarily large lizard made its way past himself and his ignorant companion (Is it a companion if they don't know you're accompanying them). Blorbo just stared as it turned into a short... My man??? London? My guy?? Avo rubbed his working eye from beneath his mask to double check, confirmed it was another Templar, and promptly caught up to Ashlynn. Still annoyed.

Aye-Aye

Aye-Aye eyed the teeny-tiny-ipad (try saying that nine times), the feed from Matthew's office was supposedly a 'high resolution', but the size if the device was really killing its supposed great picture. She'd camped on top of the school's main building, and was happily relocating every few minutes to sit on the bits of roof that had been warmed by the sun.

She turned away from the ipad, and started sharpening her claws on the school's water tower, not exactly interested in the meeting. From the ground she appeared to be a sort of dome while she was stationary, but when she moved and spread her wings for balance it was pretty obvious what she was.
Spoingle

Spoingle found themselves faced with a problem. They stared at the small doorframe with distaste, trying to figure out how to contort through it.
It had been months since they were forced inside, the last time was for a staff meeting in January, of which resulted in the principal's door being replaced with a cheaper alternative. Spoingle sighed, golden steam rising from their gills.

They pushed their head through the door, deciding to push their large chest through first. It was the thickest bit of their body, so getting it over with makes the most sense. They started slowly pulling and shoving themselves through the frame, trying their best to even breathe as their chest was constricted. After a fair amount of elbow grease they got themselves squeezed through.

They rumbled in annoyance, bowing their head and back to avoid damaging the ceiling more, and made their way through the school towards Matthew's office, following the long mark they'd made in the ceiling the first time they were summoned.

They quickly made their way to the office, and just stuck their head in instead of risking another broken door. Spoingle grunted to let themselves be known, then moved from the doorframe to let the rest of the staff inside.

Avo

Ayo is this girl ignoring me??? My guy??? He-llo?? Avo thought as he walked behind Ashlynn. He'd literally been beside her for the whole train ride, and had woken her up on purpose at least 3 times. Sure I was in a wooden crate, but would you seriously not notice it moving..?
He reached up and scratched at a thin stitch on his neck, one of three visible above his clothes, clearly annoyed that he was ignored the entire 4 day trip.

Avo paused as an extraordinarily large lizard made its way past himself and his ignorant companion (Is it a companion if they don't know you're accompanying them). Blorbo just stared as it turned into a short... My man??? London? My guy?? Avo rubbed his working eye from beneath his mask to double check, confirmed it was another Templar, and promptly caught up to Ashlynn. Still annoyed.

Aye-Aye

Aye-Aye eyed the teeny-tiny-ipad (try saying that nine times), the feed from Matthew's office was supposedly a 'high resolution', but the size if the device was really killing its supposed great picture. She'd camped on top of the school's main building, and was happily relocating every few minutes to sit on the bits of roof that had been warmed by the sun.

She turned away from the ipad, and started sharpening her claws on the school's water tower, not exactly interested in the meeting. From the ground she appeared to be a sort of dome while she was stationary, but when she moved and spread her wings for balance it was pretty obvious what she was.
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
Alexander
Alexander giggled mischievously to himself as he snuck into the building, taking the form of a tiny little gecko. He snuck into the gym, sneaking along the walls.

Mr. Smith
Mr Smith slowly made his way to Matthew's office, relying on his cane far more than he had in years past. He sighed to himself as he stepped into the room. He'd been teaching for a very long time- longer than Matthew- and had fallen into a comfortable rhythm with the school year.

John
John slowly approached the gate, a dull look in his eyes. He seemed drained, almost, and didn't seem to care much about the dragons or other beasts he could see.
Alexander
Alexander giggled mischievously to himself as he snuck into the building, taking the form of a tiny little gecko. He snuck into the gym, sneaking along the walls.

Mr. Smith
Mr Smith slowly made his way to Matthew's office, relying on his cane far more than he had in years past. He sighed to himself as he stepped into the room. He'd been teaching for a very long time- longer than Matthew- and had fallen into a comfortable rhythm with the school year.

John
John slowly approached the gate, a dull look in his eyes. He seemed drained, almost, and didn't seem to care much about the dragons or other beasts he could see.
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
Petra sat in the back of her dad's car, staring out the window and decidedly not looking at her father. To say the car ride over to Clayton Academy was uncomfortable would be an understatement. She'd barely talked to her father after the Templars figured out that she was hiding her magic powers. He was definitely mad. She didn't even want to look at his face to see how mad he was. And now she was assigned to go to school? Well, school was probably more preferable to having to stay with the Templars. She just had to do this right! She gripped her school supplies, glad for the pair of gloves that she'd been given. If it weren't for the gloves, she was pretty sure her school supplies would've exploded or started glowing or become metal or some other weird thing because of her stupid magic. She breathed out as her dad pulled up, getting out quickly and wordlessly and speedwalking to the school gate with her head down. Maybe that was a mistake though, a shadow passed overhead as she wasn't looking. Huh? A giant lizard o-or rather dragon!

"Eep!" Petra yelped, feeling her gloves spark and heat up a bit, but thankfully nothing more.

The auburn girl gulped, then promptly ducked her head down, checking her phone. Just ignore it! Act natural, act natural! Super natural. Totally used to seeing giant dragons, yep. Even ones that could crush her- No don't think about that! Everything was a-okay! She read the text. K will meet up she quickly typed out a text, eye still glued to her phone and using her peripherals to navigate until she got to the gate where she finally looked up from her phone. Was there supposed to be a guy(?) with a mask there? Ashlynn she thinks it was Ashlynn since she was the one who sent the text seemed to be ignoring him?

"H-hello..." Petra mumbled, her voice barely audible.

Tai
Tai hummed, in a good mood as usual as he set up some equipment in the gym. Nothing too complicated, and most of the work was just making sure everything was in its right place and nothing had gone missing or anything. He was a morning person. Well, he was an everyday, everytime person, but most people would call him a morning person since his energy was unusually high even in the wee early hours of the day. The PE teacher really honestly wanted to go out and greet the students right away. He loved seeing the faces of new students every year, but of course, there was the start-of-year meeting to handle first.

Tia had to admit meetings weren't really his favorite. He sighed a bit, exiting the gym without even noticing the gecko that had slipped in. He jogged from the PE field, towards the school building. Where was the meeting room again? Mr. Matthew's office, right? He kind of found the halls confusing to be honest, though he'd at least memorized the path from the school yard to Mr. Matthew's office. As long as he didn't take a wrong turn or anything. His eyes then lit up as he spotted Aye-Aye.

"Good morning!" He shouted. Maybe he could join her on top of the school actually. That might be more convenient and more fun than the usual stuffy indoor meetings, "Might I join you up there? Need to be outside to set things up for my class later anyways!" Before Tai even got an answer though, he was already shifting into his shark form and gently floating up the side of the school.
Petra sat in the back of her dad's car, staring out the window and decidedly not looking at her father. To say the car ride over to Clayton Academy was uncomfortable would be an understatement. She'd barely talked to her father after the Templars figured out that she was hiding her magic powers. He was definitely mad. She didn't even want to look at his face to see how mad he was. And now she was assigned to go to school? Well, school was probably more preferable to having to stay with the Templars. She just had to do this right! She gripped her school supplies, glad for the pair of gloves that she'd been given. If it weren't for the gloves, she was pretty sure her school supplies would've exploded or started glowing or become metal or some other weird thing because of her stupid magic. She breathed out as her dad pulled up, getting out quickly and wordlessly and speedwalking to the school gate with her head down. Maybe that was a mistake though, a shadow passed overhead as she wasn't looking. Huh? A giant lizard o-or rather dragon!

"Eep!" Petra yelped, feeling her gloves spark and heat up a bit, but thankfully nothing more.

The auburn girl gulped, then promptly ducked her head down, checking her phone. Just ignore it! Act natural, act natural! Super natural. Totally used to seeing giant dragons, yep. Even ones that could crush her- No don't think about that! Everything was a-okay! She read the text. K will meet up she quickly typed out a text, eye still glued to her phone and using her peripherals to navigate until she got to the gate where she finally looked up from her phone. Was there supposed to be a guy(?) with a mask there? Ashlynn she thinks it was Ashlynn since she was the one who sent the text seemed to be ignoring him?

"H-hello..." Petra mumbled, her voice barely audible.

Tai
Tai hummed, in a good mood as usual as he set up some equipment in the gym. Nothing too complicated, and most of the work was just making sure everything was in its right place and nothing had gone missing or anything. He was a morning person. Well, he was an everyday, everytime person, but most people would call him a morning person since his energy was unusually high even in the wee early hours of the day. The PE teacher really honestly wanted to go out and greet the students right away. He loved seeing the faces of new students every year, but of course, there was the start-of-year meeting to handle first.

Tia had to admit meetings weren't really his favorite. He sighed a bit, exiting the gym without even noticing the gecko that had slipped in. He jogged from the PE field, towards the school building. Where was the meeting room again? Mr. Matthew's office, right? He kind of found the halls confusing to be honest, though he'd at least memorized the path from the school yard to Mr. Matthew's office. As long as he didn't take a wrong turn or anything. His eyes then lit up as he spotted Aye-Aye.

"Good morning!" He shouted. Maybe he could join her on top of the school actually. That might be more convenient and more fun than the usual stuffy indoor meetings, "Might I join you up there? Need to be outside to set things up for my class later anyways!" Before Tai even got an answer though, he was already shifting into his shark form and gently floating up the side of the school.
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
Lex
She scurried up the steps to the school dragging her bag behind her full to the brim with... mostly books. I hope this place has a good library. she thought as she realized she forgot where she was meant to go and started spinning around looking for someone to help her.
Lex
She scurried up the steps to the school dragging her bag behind her full to the brim with... mostly books. I hope this place has a good library. she thought as she realized she forgot where she was meant to go and started spinning around looking for someone to help her.
I'm active usually around 7-9 or 11-12FR time.
download.png
Mabel
As Mabel approached the school on foot she eyed the message that popped up on her borrowed phone. Which one was Ashlynn again? The wolf? Maybe, doesn’t matter. She slipped the phone into the pocket of her usual brown pants. She had decided against wearing the school uniform (if they have to wear it today) in favor of her own fashion today. Just because she had to be here doesn’t mean she must abide by every rule. That’d be a recurring theme for a while, she predicted. Ugh this was going to be terrible.

With a forced sigh she walked through the gate and made a b-line for Ashlynn. She wasn’t a fan of the magical displays she could see out of the corners of her eye. To try and block some of that out she changed the way her hat was sitting. What terrible creatures, she couldn’t wait to destroy this place.

“Ashlynn.” Mabel said with an incline of her head. It was her cold attempt at a greeting.

Yves
Yves brushed dirt from her hands as she stepped into the school. Being indoors wasn't her favorite thing but she was excited to go see all the teachers in one room. She hoped that one with gills and fog was there, they smelled nice. Their eyes were such a pleasant color too. She only took a few wrong turns before arriving at Mathew’s office.
Yves was happy to see the one she was thinking of and chirped a “Good morning,” to them before walking past and into Mathew's office.
Mabel
As Mabel approached the school on foot she eyed the message that popped up on her borrowed phone. Which one was Ashlynn again? The wolf? Maybe, doesn’t matter. She slipped the phone into the pocket of her usual brown pants. She had decided against wearing the school uniform (if they have to wear it today) in favor of her own fashion today. Just because she had to be here doesn’t mean she must abide by every rule. That’d be a recurring theme for a while, she predicted. Ugh this was going to be terrible.

With a forced sigh she walked through the gate and made a b-line for Ashlynn. She wasn’t a fan of the magical displays she could see out of the corners of her eye. To try and block some of that out she changed the way her hat was sitting. What terrible creatures, she couldn’t wait to destroy this place.

“Ashlynn.” Mabel said with an incline of her head. It was her cold attempt at a greeting.

Yves
Yves brushed dirt from her hands as she stepped into the school. Being indoors wasn't her favorite thing but she was excited to go see all the teachers in one room. She hoped that one with gills and fog was there, they smelled nice. Their eyes were such a pleasant color too. She only took a few wrong turns before arriving at Mathew’s office.
Yves was happy to see the one she was thinking of and chirped a “Good morning,” to them before walking past and into Mathew's office.
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
"Be careful, honey," Nadia's mom, Lisa, hugged her. "Focus on your work, okay?"

"It's what I'm here for," Nadia wriggled in her mothers tight arms. "I-I can't breathe."

Lisa let her go and muttered an apology, allowing Nadia to hug her step-mother, Courtney.

"We'll miss you so much." Courtney kissed her step-daughter on the head.

"I'll miss you all too," Nadia fixed her hair and glanced at the school before turning back to her parents. "Bye. I'll be fine." She reassured them.

Her parents entered the car and drove off. Nadia waved at them and turned back to the school, sighing at the sight of the crowds of people. The witch put her an earphone in her right ear and played her rock playlist on. She began walking with her hands in the pockets of her black jeans.

She could tell this would be an interesting year.
"Be careful, honey," Nadia's mom, Lisa, hugged her. "Focus on your work, okay?"

"It's what I'm here for," Nadia wriggled in her mothers tight arms. "I-I can't breathe."

Lisa let her go and muttered an apology, allowing Nadia to hug her step-mother, Courtney.

"We'll miss you so much." Courtney kissed her step-daughter on the head.

"I'll miss you all too," Nadia fixed her hair and glanced at the school before turning back to her parents. "Bye. I'll be fine." She reassured them.

Her parents entered the car and drove off. Nadia waved at them and turned back to the school, sighing at the sight of the crowds of people. The witch put her an earphone in her right ear and played her rock playlist on. She began walking with her hands in the pockets of her black jeans.

She could tell this would be an interesting year.
Azmund
The pea dove was winning. Az had never seen a bird look more nervous.

He always overestimated how along it would take to clean the room, making sure there was no blood and whatever else could be ground unto the the gaps in the tile left, every jar was tightly sealed, the textbooks in place, and whatever else needed doing. Ebony had sat on one of the counters, pointing out every time he missed something. The windows were propped open to let the fumes of harsh cleaners vent out, a faint breeze coming through and ruffling the stack of papers on Az's desk. It had been Ebony's idea to burn the hour or so before the staff meeting with a game of Uno. It was also their idea to invite of of the whispers. They'll behave better if you actually let them do something, yada yada yada. So while Az did that, Ebony called whatever bird was closest to join them. That poor eye turned out to be one of the newest of Az's birds, a pea dove not yet five. The whisper was one Triss of Red Woods, the least openly violent of them. She preferred to haunt nightmares.

Ebony had won all three of the earlier games. The pea dove hadn't really had any clue what was going on, but now that it had figured out the game, it was surprisingly good at it. It was down to two cards, Ebony had five, Az had twelve, and Triss had about half the deck. And they were playing with two decks, so a lot. Another round, Uno. The next round they skipped the pea doves turn, and the next they had the wrong color, but got it instantly on the draw. This went on surprisingly long until the dove finally won. It had puffed up so much as Triss congratulated it, it looked like it was going to explode.

As Az was shuffling the deck for the next round, Ebony squawked. Right, right, they were waiting for something, not just burning time before classes. The ghostly form he had allowed Triss vanished as Ebony led a shaking pea dove out of one of the windows, the Uno cards on the table retreating to their box then to one of the wire baskets in the shelves under the windows. Taking the papers on the desk, Az disappeared into thin air with a poof, his door locking on its own.

Az reappeared around a corner in the hallway where the headmasters office was. It was easier to teleport when you couldn't be seen for some reason. A curt nod to Sproingle and he was in the room. He dropped into a chair, making a whomph noise. Hopefully it was a short meeting.

Mikah
Pulling her knees up to her chest, Mikah sighed. Not taking his eyes off the road, her brother in the driver's seat next to her punched her in the arm. They had already argued about it enough, they didn't need to start again in the car, twenty minutes from what felt like a death sentence. She already knew how to control her "power", she didn't need this, she would manage just fine at the normal high school in town. But dad figured she need to be with "people like her". Learn more about what magic was, and why it wasn't this horrible shadow spelling death for all humanity like everyone thought it was. Like she didn't know that already.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket, probably dorm assignments. Dorm assignments. This fancy *ss school had dorms. They had to keep their freak show safe from the public or something. Mikah clutched the pendant at her throat so tightly that the prongs of the goats head broke the skin of her palm. Like hell was she going to take it off.

Then they were turning off the road onto the driveway to the school. A shiver ran down her spine as they drove through the main gate. She wanted to leave, to go to the house that still smelled like cigarettes and depression but that would smell like them soon enough. To kick whoever had taken it in her place out of the room in the attic with the window that let you climb into the roof and hang up her lights there, arrange all her furniture as many times as it took to make the space hers. Couldn't do that here, sharing the room with someone else, a complete stranger who may very well decide to eat her in the middle of the night.

The car came to a stop with a clunk. The old thing hadn't liked the couple hundred miles between their old house in Utah and here. The air conditioning belt was loud and it smelled like oil. Mikah wasn't sure it would make it back to the new house. She took as long as she could unbuckling and getting out of the car. Her brother was already standing there, holding her rolling suitcase and duffle bag. It had taken mom and Mikah three hours to fit everything into those two bags. It wasn't like she had a lot of stuff, but the comforter was non-negotiable. And the plushies. She took the duffle bag and shouldered it, and reached for the rolling bag, but her brother jumped in with a hug. They stood there for a moment, Mikah unwilling to break it. It was over all too soon. He was on the hunt for part time jobs to do while he went through online college.

Squaring her shoulders, Mikah took the first step towards the new building, then another. She looked back towards the car, her brother already putting his seatbelt back on. Double thumbs up. Then he was backing up and driving away. Deep breath. You can do this. Just keep going. There was blood on her necklace where it had stabbed her hand, the points of the silver horns red. You can do this.
Azmund
The pea dove was winning. Az had never seen a bird look more nervous.

He always overestimated how along it would take to clean the room, making sure there was no blood and whatever else could be ground unto the the gaps in the tile left, every jar was tightly sealed, the textbooks in place, and whatever else needed doing. Ebony had sat on one of the counters, pointing out every time he missed something. The windows were propped open to let the fumes of harsh cleaners vent out, a faint breeze coming through and ruffling the stack of papers on Az's desk. It had been Ebony's idea to burn the hour or so before the staff meeting with a game of Uno. It was also their idea to invite of of the whispers. They'll behave better if you actually let them do something, yada yada yada. So while Az did that, Ebony called whatever bird was closest to join them. That poor eye turned out to be one of the newest of Az's birds, a pea dove not yet five. The whisper was one Triss of Red Woods, the least openly violent of them. She preferred to haunt nightmares.

Ebony had won all three of the earlier games. The pea dove hadn't really had any clue what was going on, but now that it had figured out the game, it was surprisingly good at it. It was down to two cards, Ebony had five, Az had twelve, and Triss had about half the deck. And they were playing with two decks, so a lot. Another round, Uno. The next round they skipped the pea doves turn, and the next they had the wrong color, but got it instantly on the draw. This went on surprisingly long until the dove finally won. It had puffed up so much as Triss congratulated it, it looked like it was going to explode.

As Az was shuffling the deck for the next round, Ebony squawked. Right, right, they were waiting for something, not just burning time before classes. The ghostly form he had allowed Triss vanished as Ebony led a shaking pea dove out of one of the windows, the Uno cards on the table retreating to their box then to one of the wire baskets in the shelves under the windows. Taking the papers on the desk, Az disappeared into thin air with a poof, his door locking on its own.

Az reappeared around a corner in the hallway where the headmasters office was. It was easier to teleport when you couldn't be seen for some reason. A curt nod to Sproingle and he was in the room. He dropped into a chair, making a whomph noise. Hopefully it was a short meeting.

Mikah
Pulling her knees up to her chest, Mikah sighed. Not taking his eyes off the road, her brother in the driver's seat next to her punched her in the arm. They had already argued about it enough, they didn't need to start again in the car, twenty minutes from what felt like a death sentence. She already knew how to control her "power", she didn't need this, she would manage just fine at the normal high school in town. But dad figured she need to be with "people like her". Learn more about what magic was, and why it wasn't this horrible shadow spelling death for all humanity like everyone thought it was. Like she didn't know that already.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket, probably dorm assignments. Dorm assignments. This fancy *ss school had dorms. They had to keep their freak show safe from the public or something. Mikah clutched the pendant at her throat so tightly that the prongs of the goats head broke the skin of her palm. Like hell was she going to take it off.

Then they were turning off the road onto the driveway to the school. A shiver ran down her spine as they drove through the main gate. She wanted to leave, to go to the house that still smelled like cigarettes and depression but that would smell like them soon enough. To kick whoever had taken it in her place out of the room in the attic with the window that let you climb into the roof and hang up her lights there, arrange all her furniture as many times as it took to make the space hers. Couldn't do that here, sharing the room with someone else, a complete stranger who may very well decide to eat her in the middle of the night.

The car came to a stop with a clunk. The old thing hadn't liked the couple hundred miles between their old house in Utah and here. The air conditioning belt was loud and it smelled like oil. Mikah wasn't sure it would make it back to the new house. She took as long as she could unbuckling and getting out of the car. Her brother was already standing there, holding her rolling suitcase and duffle bag. It had taken mom and Mikah three hours to fit everything into those two bags. It wasn't like she had a lot of stuff, but the comforter was non-negotiable. And the plushies. She took the duffle bag and shouldered it, and reached for the rolling bag, but her brother jumped in with a hug. They stood there for a moment, Mikah unwilling to break it. It was over all too soon. He was on the hunt for part time jobs to do while he went through online college.

Squaring her shoulders, Mikah took the first step towards the new building, then another. She looked back towards the car, her brother already putting his seatbelt back on. Double thumbs up. Then he was backing up and driving away. Deep breath. You can do this. Just keep going. There was blood on her necklace where it had stabbed her hand, the points of the silver horns red. You can do this.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Do you love the color of the sky?
Ashlynn should have been surprised, or at least a little off-put by the giant lizard that passed by, but she wasn't. She mostly just wanted to avoid getting stepped on.

She, finally, noticed the very annoying little man that had apparently been following her for a while. How did I not see him before? she thought to herself incredulously. He couldn't be more obvious with a giant neon sign. I guess I'm more tired than I thought...

The other Templar seemed to have arrived quicker than she would have liked (only a few minutes of "rest") and greeted them.

"Hello, everyone," she said wearily. "If we're all here I think we should get started... we're just getting dorm assignments today, I heard, and maybe our class schedule. We're supposed to be collecting information on this place. Who's here, what powers are here, and security measures," she sighed. "It's probably best if we avoid contacting our superiors except once a month with what we know."
Jazmine paused, glancing around the student body. Pretty much everyone was interesting in some way- quite a few looked like they'd been here before, but there we're still others who looked just as confused as she felt. In fact there was someone rushing up the stairs now, and several others clambering out of their cars and into the school grounds.

"Alright, so..." She started. "I think we have a few hours before we get dorm assignments. Let's... I guess talk to some people."

Rick shrugged. "Sure, why not." He said.

The two made their way towards the girl on the stairs. "Hey," Jazmine started. "Are you new here too?"
Mathew nodded to each staff member. "Thank you all for coming. We have a bit of a somber situation at hand. I'm sure some of you know of the recent Templar 'policies' regarding children in their possession. For those of you who don't, the Templar have recently begun a 'rehabilitation program'thats designed to, at my best guess, torture and brainwash you children into bending to the will of the Templar. Unfortunately they have likely started sending these poor children into our school to collect intel. We haven't confirmed anything yet, but we need to keep an eye on the students. Any one of them could be a Templar, and as tragic as it may be, they think of us as an enemy to be destroyed."

Mathew rubbed his eyes in frustration. "I am not suggesting that we take any rash measures to root these children out, and if any of our students turn out to be a Templar agent, treat them any worse. We should still educate them the best we can, but just... be wary."
Ashlynn should have been surprised, or at least a little off-put by the giant lizard that passed by, but she wasn't. She mostly just wanted to avoid getting stepped on.

She, finally, noticed the very annoying little man that had apparently been following her for a while. How did I not see him before? she thought to herself incredulously. He couldn't be more obvious with a giant neon sign. I guess I'm more tired than I thought...

The other Templar seemed to have arrived quicker than she would have liked (only a few minutes of "rest") and greeted them.

"Hello, everyone," she said wearily. "If we're all here I think we should get started... we're just getting dorm assignments today, I heard, and maybe our class schedule. We're supposed to be collecting information on this place. Who's here, what powers are here, and security measures," she sighed. "It's probably best if we avoid contacting our superiors except once a month with what we know."
Jazmine paused, glancing around the student body. Pretty much everyone was interesting in some way- quite a few looked like they'd been here before, but there we're still others who looked just as confused as she felt. In fact there was someone rushing up the stairs now, and several others clambering out of their cars and into the school grounds.

"Alright, so..." She started. "I think we have a few hours before we get dorm assignments. Let's... I guess talk to some people."

Rick shrugged. "Sure, why not." He said.

The two made their way towards the girl on the stairs. "Hey," Jazmine started. "Are you new here too?"
Mathew nodded to each staff member. "Thank you all for coming. We have a bit of a somber situation at hand. I'm sure some of you know of the recent Templar 'policies' regarding children in their possession. For those of you who don't, the Templar have recently begun a 'rehabilitation program'thats designed to, at my best guess, torture and brainwash you children into bending to the will of the Templar. Unfortunately they have likely started sending these poor children into our school to collect intel. We haven't confirmed anything yet, but we need to keep an eye on the students. Any one of them could be a Templar, and as tragic as it may be, they think of us as an enemy to be destroyed."

Mathew rubbed his eyes in frustration. "I am not suggesting that we take any rash measures to root these children out, and if any of our students turn out to be a Templar agent, treat them any worse. We should still educate them the best we can, but just... be wary."
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
1 2