Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragons are immune to radiation??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="fluffyspy" date="2021-06-11 12:39:30" ] [quote name="Raptondragon" date="2021-06-11 12:35:06" ] *Radioactive song starts to play in background* [/quote] By [i]Imagine Dragons[/i]... coincidence???? [s]probably[/s] [/quote] probably NOT!
fluffyspy wrote on 2021-06-11 12:39:30:
Raptondragon wrote on 2021-06-11 12:35:06:
*Radioactive song starts to play in background*
By Imagine Dragons... coincidence????

probably
probably NOT!
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
Maybe not [i]immune[/i], but resistant seems likely- especially among Arcane dragons. [item=pink chalcedony]
Maybe not immune, but resistant seems likely- especially among Arcane dragons.

Pink Chalcedony
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
[quote name="fluffyspy" date="2021-06-11 12:34:37" ] We know that the Starfall Isles, at the very least, are radioactive, so it makes sense. (Plus the Arcanist is... a nuclear reactor? Or the remains of one?) [/quote] whaaaAAAAAAAT??? Did the staff confirm this??? Is the Scarred Wasteland irradiated as well????
fluffyspy wrote on 2021-06-11 12:34:37:
We know that the Starfall Isles, at the very least, are radioactive, so it makes sense. (Plus the Arcanist is... a nuclear reactor? Or the remains of one?)

whaaaAAAAAAAT???

Did the staff confirm this??? Is the Scarred Wasteland irradiated as well????
FL_QUD_THEMED_FORUM_SIG_1.png
I thought they weren't, based on the description of the contaminated infectalons apparel item: [item=Contaminated Infectalons] [quote]Forged with the most resistant metals on Sornieth, this set of serrated leg armor allows even a non-plague dragon protection against the most irradiated terrain of the wasteland.[/quote] This suggests that dragons wear apparel to protect them from radiation, but that dragons of some elements possibly have some degree of immunity to radiation.
I thought they weren't, based on the description of the contaminated infectalons apparel item:

Contaminated Infectalons
Quote:
Forged with the most resistant metals on Sornieth, this set of serrated leg armor allows even a non-plague dragon protection against the most irradiated terrain of the wasteland.

This suggests that dragons wear apparel to protect them from radiation, but that dragons of some elements possibly have some degree of immunity to radiation.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
the green rock apparently makes dragons feel uncomfortable. I dont think they are immune to radiation
the green rock apparently makes dragons feel uncomfortable. I dont think they are immune to radiation
Holy-Crepe-1.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/r7LsxK2.png[/img] (from this thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1405762 )
r7LsxK2.png

(from this thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1405762 )
nudX0O8.png
[quote name="HolyCrepe" date="2021-06-11 12:42:46" ] the green rock apparently makes dragons feel uncomfortable. I dont think they are immune to radiation [/quote] You are not immune to radiation. *insert Garfield meme here*
HolyCrepe wrote on 2021-06-11 12:42:46:
You are not immune to radiation.

*insert Garfield meme here*
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
@Namira I'm guessing it's different when the radiation is seeped into what you're eating and breathing, like how Uranium is stable as a rock but deadly when broken down
@Namira I'm guessing it's different when the radiation is seeped into what you're eating and breathing, like how Uranium is stable as a rock but deadly when broken down
5bo5hOU.pngfWYy1BR.png0F7jZQ6.pnga5jtoDO.pnglhNyXgq.gif
Undel or Aequorin mentioned a long time ago, I think in an Ask the Team? that dragons aren't really like other lifeforms, they're mostly magic, which explains why no one's currently melting to radiation burns. Can't find it right now, but it's the one talking about how dragons die of old age. edit: Found it! [quote]They grow in power as they age, until they have so much magic in them that their physical bodies can’t contain it. They will then perish, and the magic they accumulated returns to the world. Once a dragon reaches a certain threshhold of magic, they expire quickly. Until that point, there’s a span between the healthy levels of magic and burn-out that actually extends the lifespan of the dragon. (but if they keep growing past this, the dragon is going to magically explode.) Magically strong dragons have the potential to live the longest, but that potential is very rarely realized. They burn-out brilliantly, and serve as cautionary tales for young drakes.[/quote] However, Undel also said... [quote name="Undel" date="2014-07-27 01:57:35" ] Headcanon welcome, but lorewise this is what's going on: The local flora and fauna doesn't naturally have magic. That ability is something innate to dragons, and can be honed and practiced by the sentient races with great difficulty. [/quote] hopefully someone just happens to think of a copper door for this tunnel, before everything outside gets a nice green glow??
Undel or Aequorin mentioned a long time ago, I think in an Ask the Team? that dragons aren't really like other lifeforms, they're mostly magic, which explains why no one's currently melting to radiation burns. Can't find it right now, but it's the one talking about how dragons die of old age.

edit: Found it!
Quote:
They grow in power as they age, until they have so much magic in them that their physical bodies can’t contain it. They will then perish, and the magic they accumulated returns to the world. Once a dragon reaches a certain threshhold of magic, they expire quickly. Until that point, there’s a span between the healthy levels of magic and burn-out that actually extends the lifespan of the dragon. (but if they keep growing past this, the dragon is going to magically explode.) Magically strong dragons have the potential to live the longest, but that potential is very rarely realized. They burn-out brilliantly, and serve as cautionary tales for young drakes.

However, Undel also said...
Undel wrote on 2014-07-27 01:57:35:
Headcanon welcome, but lorewise this is what's going on:
The local flora and fauna doesn't naturally have magic. That ability is something innate to dragons, and can be honed and practiced by the sentient races with great difficulty.

hopefully someone just happens to think of a copper door for this tunnel, before everything outside gets a nice green glow??
QYzhmAi.png
*sidles a look at my home in arcane* y-yeahhh, w-what makes you think w-we're not?
*sidles a look at my home in arcane* y-yeahhh, w-what makes you think w-we're not?
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7