Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
lol i sold the bag and don't regret it. all the pieces will be around or less than 100g in a few months anyways

It was a completely free, joke item. If you were looking to make profit, you should have sold it as a bag when you were guaranteed to get 300-500g off it, sorry but that's just how it is lol. Most Marva items are different, usually not to this degree, but the only ones I can think of that were strictly just recolors were the sweaters.

Some things are just more popular than others, not staff's fault you can't flip a completely free holiday item for 500g lol.

lol i sold the bag and don't regret it. all the pieces will be around or less than 100g in a few months anyways

It was a completely free, joke item. If you were looking to make profit, you should have sold it as a bag when you were guaranteed to get 300-500g off it, sorry but that's just how it is lol. Most Marva items are different, usually not to this degree, but the only ones I can think of that were strictly just recolors were the sweaters.

Some things are just more popular than others, not staff's fault you can't flip a completely free holiday item for 500g lol.

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
Okay, I will admit that this blurb got a little chuckle out of me. [img]https://i.imgur.com/n58sQPG.png[/img]
Okay, I will admit that this blurb got a little chuckle out of me.
n58sQPG.png
QyAuswz.png
Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort.
Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort.
Dragons dragons dragons.
I personally like that the three options were all very different from each other. I'd love to see more wild variety with marva items like this (especially more apparel!). Like others have said, some things are gonna appeal to some more than others and that's ok. There's no clear best/worst, it's just that plushies are a much more popular and in demand concept. I think, seeing the high demand for them, more plushie apparel will be on its way in the future!

This coming from someone who got the lanyard and sold it because it wasn't my thing. tbh I'm not a fan of any of the options this year, but I'm happy for those who like it! I've been around for all of the April fools since I joined and this is just how it goes for the most part. Sometimes it's neat, sometimes it's not for me and that's fine.

My only issue with this year's apparel is that the lanyard is a very modern thing, while the plush and mascot more ambiguous in that regard. Modern apparel I find is a very love it or hate it thing, so it's a bit unfortunate if you got the lanyard but dislike modern apparel (like me). However, that was the theme for this year as a whole so that's how it goes lol. The other two items can pass for not being super modern, so it's a bit unbalanced in that regard. That could be something kept in mind by staff for future April fools.
I personally like that the three options were all very different from each other. I'd love to see more wild variety with marva items like this (especially more apparel!). Like others have said, some things are gonna appeal to some more than others and that's ok. There's no clear best/worst, it's just that plushies are a much more popular and in demand concept. I think, seeing the high demand for them, more plushie apparel will be on its way in the future!

This coming from someone who got the lanyard and sold it because it wasn't my thing. tbh I'm not a fan of any of the options this year, but I'm happy for those who like it! I've been around for all of the April fools since I joined and this is just how it goes for the most part. Sometimes it's neat, sometimes it's not for me and that's fine.

My only issue with this year's apparel is that the lanyard is a very modern thing, while the plush and mascot more ambiguous in that regard. Modern apparel I find is a very love it or hate it thing, so it's a bit unfortunate if you got the lanyard but dislike modern apparel (like me). However, that was the theme for this year as a whole so that's how it goes lol. The other two items can pass for not being super modern, so it's a bit unbalanced in that regard. That could be something kept in mind by staff for future April fools.
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2021-04-05 10:14:31" ] I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [/quote] I believe this happened last year or the year before as well with invisibility cloaks and the emperors new clothes as well as ultimate Buttersnake and Phoenix familiars....
Wizardry wrote on 2021-04-05 10:14:31:
I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another

I believe this happened last year or the year before as well with invisibility cloaks and the emperors new clothes as well as ultimate Buttersnake and Phoenix familiars....
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Sunflight" date="2021-04-05 15:23:51" ] Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort. [/quote] This. This seems like an overreaction for no reason. I got a lanyard, but I'm okay with it- it works great for my mad scientist dragon. I'd love a plushie, but I'll get one eventually.
Sunflight wrote on 2021-04-05 15:23:51:

This. This seems like an overreaction for no reason. I got a lanyard, but I'm okay with it- it works great for my mad scientist dragon.

I'd love a plushie, but I'll get one eventually.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
"The Lanyard is worthless" i think you mean is not considering it's still 80g on day one lmao.

marva items are not supposed to be taken seriously.
"The Lanyard is worthless" i think you mean is not considering it's still 80g on day one lmao.

marva items are not supposed to be taken seriously.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
I think it's important to keep in mind that not only were the bags given for free, but that the Marva items are largely meant to be fun, not for profit. The staff had no way to predict which items would skyrocket in price and which items would not. Players weren't limited to one bag, either. If you were concerned over not getting a valuable item, you had almost a full five days to purchase another bag off of the AH, something that could have easily been accomplished by maxing out fairgrounds each of those days and/or grinding the coli.

The mask, plush, and lanyard are not permanently retired. Even if prices remain at their current levels (which they most likely will not), the items are still available from chests and will continue to be available. This was not your only opportunity to get the item you wanted.
I think it's important to keep in mind that not only were the bags given for free, but that the Marva items are largely meant to be fun, not for profit. The staff had no way to predict which items would skyrocket in price and which items would not. Players weren't limited to one bag, either. If you were concerned over not getting a valuable item, you had almost a full five days to purchase another bag off of the AH, something that could have easily been accomplished by maxing out fairgrounds each of those days and/or grinding the coli.

The mask, plush, and lanyard are not permanently retired. Even if prices remain at their current levels (which they most likely will not), the items are still available from chests and will continue to be available. This was not your only opportunity to get the item you wanted.
9CxYF0H.png
I'm surprised so many people are ****** over this like this wasn't even the "worst" April fools gift no one is remembering the emperors new clothes and you can't even get those in the chest pools

People need to calm down and just wait it out for more stock to come in so the prices will come down
I'm surprised so many people are ****** over this like this wasn't even the "worst" April fools gift no one is remembering the emperors new clothes and you can't even get those in the chest pools

People need to calm down and just wait it out for more stock to come in so the prices will come down
If the lanyard didn't exist there would be a ton of people complaining the only items were too bulky and hard to work with. Having one of the items be slightly smaller is fine and something FR should be doing more often. It's not a reflection of real world value, it's just an apparel item that's designed to not have to be the centerpiece of every outfit.
If the lanyard didn't exist there would be a ton of people complaining the only items were too bulky and hard to work with. Having one of the items be slightly smaller is fine and something FR should be doing more often. It's not a reflection of real world value, it's just an apparel item that's designed to not have to be the centerpiece of every outfit.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10