Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Amariel" date="2021-04-05 12:14:22" ] [quote name="JaviNiceDay" date="2021-04-05 12:08:14" ] [quote name="DethJackal" date="2021-04-05 12:02:30" ] What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol. [/quote] It's less the fact that the lanyard [i]exists[/i], in a vacuum it's an okay, inoffensive item Moreso the fact that, because it existed among the Mascot and Plushie, it essentially means that you had a 1/3 chance to get screwed over by a choice you couldn't know was wrong until it was too late [/quote] You do realize a lot of people like the lanyard, right? And there are even some people who prefer the lanyard to the plushie? You're acting like your opinion is the only correct one. [/quote] I [i]did[/i] say that it's a decent item in a vacuum, didn't I? It's an okay item on its own, it's not hideous or anything, it's [b]fine[/b]. I may or may not end up using it eventually. Who knows. My beef with it is that it was such a letdown compared to the rest of the items in the pool (and it's pretty obvious I'm not alone on this sentiment), not even mentioning everyone else who [i]didn't[/i] get the lanyard telling everyone who [i]did[/i] to suck it up and wait for the market to cool off on an item that's the ONLY one of its kind at the moment (y'know. An apparel plushie) (also the fact that it's been added to the chest pool does nothing for us when there's several other items that are [b]also[/b] in the chest pool, further decreasing the chances of you ever seeing this thing outside of AH)
Amariel wrote on 2021-04-05 12:14:22:
JaviNiceDay wrote on 2021-04-05 12:08:14:
DethJackal wrote on 2021-04-05 12:02:30:
What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol.
It's less the fact that the lanyard exists, in a vacuum it's an okay, inoffensive item

Moreso the fact that, because it existed among the Mascot and Plushie, it essentially means that you had a 1/3 chance to get screwed over by a choice you couldn't know was wrong until it was too late

You do realize a lot of people like the lanyard, right? And there are even some people who prefer the lanyard to the plushie? You're acting like your opinion is the only correct one.

I did say that it's a decent item in a vacuum, didn't I?
It's an okay item on its own, it's not hideous or anything, it's fine. I may or may not end up using it eventually. Who knows.

My beef with it is that it was such a letdown compared to the rest of the items in the pool (and it's pretty obvious I'm not alone on this sentiment), not even mentioning everyone else who didn't get the lanyard telling everyone who did to suck it up and wait for the market to cool off on an item that's the ONLY one of its kind at the moment (y'know. An apparel plushie)

(also the fact that it's been added to the chest pool does nothing for us when there's several other items that are also in the chest pool, further decreasing the chances of you ever seeing this thing outside of AH)
QyAuswz.png
I think it's kinda neat tbh, & has a funny description, it got a chuckle out of me. I like to think my meme dragon keeps it as a remembrance thing.
I think it's kinda neat tbh, & has a funny description, it got a chuckle out of me. I like to think my meme dragon keeps it as a remembrance thing.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
From what I've seen, the other items should be, or at least become much easier to get with the low rarity and being available in all chest types, so I while I get being disappointed, I would've thought that softened the reactions a little.

Personally I'm going to wait for the hype and prices to die down and see if I can get the plushie and lanyard for a complete set, if I haven't found them by then.
From what I've seen, the other items should be, or at least become much easier to get with the low rarity and being available in all chest types, so I while I get being disappointed, I would've thought that softened the reactions a little.

Personally I'm going to wait for the hype and prices to die down and see if I can get the plushie and lanyard for a complete set, if I haven't found them by then.
Always best to sell the chest beforehand :P
Always best to sell the chest beforehand :P
You know, I get it. I really disliked the eye and mask years. I found them really disappointing because they're so jokey, and aren't items I would ever use or really enjoy seeing because the application of them is either 1. in a niche I don't like or 2. ruins the entire aesthetic of an outfit. I wished they had given us anything else, something more interesting or more applicable. Those entire events were a disappointment to me because I didn't like a single item. I actually don't like the mascot thing from this year either.

And yet. Everything was fine in the end. I didn't feel the need to complain about how disappointed I was on the forums and that the devs were mocking me, or lazy, or making some kind of weird personal attack on me, because... it wasn't like that. I didn't like it, but plenty of people loved them! They didn't hold any value whatsoever, but that was fine! I didn't expect to make money off of something available to everyone year round. Some people even preferred these items to ones that I found more appealing and held more value, like the familiars or sweaters. Plenty of people were perfectly happy with these items, even though I disliked them and have been using them as Baldwin fodder ever since. I didn't argue with everyone who liked them that actually, they suck and we should harass the devs about it. Life moved on.

And at the end of the day, these items are literally joke items given to us for free and available forever.

Marva isn't about making a profit, or having to do anything elaborate. It's about a fun little joke item that opens up into another joke item.
You know, I get it. I really disliked the eye and mask years. I found them really disappointing because they're so jokey, and aren't items I would ever use or really enjoy seeing because the application of them is either 1. in a niche I don't like or 2. ruins the entire aesthetic of an outfit. I wished they had given us anything else, something more interesting or more applicable. Those entire events were a disappointment to me because I didn't like a single item. I actually don't like the mascot thing from this year either.

And yet. Everything was fine in the end. I didn't feel the need to complain about how disappointed I was on the forums and that the devs were mocking me, or lazy, or making some kind of weird personal attack on me, because... it wasn't like that. I didn't like it, but plenty of people loved them! They didn't hold any value whatsoever, but that was fine! I didn't expect to make money off of something available to everyone year round. Some people even preferred these items to ones that I found more appealing and held more value, like the familiars or sweaters. Plenty of people were perfectly happy with these items, even though I disliked them and have been using them as Baldwin fodder ever since. I didn't argue with everyone who liked them that actually, they suck and we should harass the devs about it. Life moved on.

And at the end of the day, these items are literally joke items given to us for free and available forever.

Marva isn't about making a profit, or having to do anything elaborate. It's about a fun little joke item that opens up into another joke item.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 11:55:36" ] can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter. [/quote] Can you maybe stop acting like because you dislike an item that means everyone does?
RheoTastic wrote on 2021-04-05 11:55:36:
can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter.
Can you maybe stop acting like because you dislike an item that means everyone does?
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 11:55:36" ] can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter. [/quote] There's a whole lot of assumptions in here and in this thread, starting with the bizarre idea that staff somehow planned this as a sick prank because...??? It's also a bit hard to hear past the price thing when people are actively comparing these things to [i]real life item/prices[/i] which is honestly kind of absurd? The theme was conventions and lanyards [i]are[/i] a thing there, I've seen plenty of people excited over them because they remember their first conventions and fun pins and such they got theirs, little things like that. (Plus like, insignificant is debatable and highly subjective here, personally for me the plush is very bulky and hard to really use where the lanyard I can use in more outfits in subtle ways like the eyes, but that's simply my taste) Treating this like some personal attack is like. I don't know what to tell you. I don't think staff was rubbing their hands together with cartoon grins and waiting for how many people would be 'left by the wayside' and they certainly weren't out for you specifically because you picked one out of three randomized options and were disappointed. I was disappointed with my dragon mask way back when and my waystone familiar but that's not on staff somehow. Trust me when I say I have [i]plenty[/i] of beefs with staff and how certain things are handled, but treating a disappointing joke item like some kind of targeted offense and asking for its removal and deletion/threatening staff (not you specifically but I have seen that) feels kinda off? I do feel you on the forum part though because I'm also rolling my eyes at the "dEaR HaTeRs" threads, but this will eventually just fade and everyone will kinda forget it matters, like the whole buttersnake/phoenix debacle.
can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter.

There's a whole lot of assumptions in here and in this thread, starting with the bizarre idea that staff somehow planned this as a sick prank because...??? It's also a bit hard to hear past the price thing when people are actively comparing these things to real life item/prices which is honestly kind of absurd? The theme was conventions and lanyards are a thing there, I've seen plenty of people excited over them because they remember their first conventions and fun pins and such they got theirs, little things like that.
(Plus like, insignificant is debatable and highly subjective here, personally for me the plush is very bulky and hard to really use where the lanyard I can use in more outfits in subtle ways like the eyes, but that's simply my taste)

Treating this like some personal attack is like. I don't know what to tell you. I don't think staff was rubbing their hands together with cartoon grins and waiting for how many people would be 'left by the wayside' and they certainly weren't out for you specifically because you picked one out of three randomized options and were disappointed. I was disappointed with my dragon mask way back when and my waystone familiar but that's not on staff somehow.
Trust me when I say I have plenty of beefs with staff and how certain things are handled, but treating a disappointing joke item like some kind of targeted offense and asking for its removal and deletion/threatening staff (not you specifically but I have seen that) feels kinda off?

I do feel you on the forum part though because I'm also rolling my eyes at the "dEaR HaTeRs" threads, but this will eventually just fade and everyone will kinda forget it matters, like the whole buttersnake/phoenix debacle.
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-04-05 12:53:51" ] [quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 11:55:36" ] can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter. [/quote] Can you maybe stop acting like because you dislike an item that means everyone does? [/quote] I dont even dislike the lanyard. I dislike that its part of a set and all were equally awarded when others are clearly valued over it. Think of it like this. It's like, the staff was giving out a free armor set, lets say, er...the assassin kit. You get a blind pull; the options are the full gambeson, the presence, and the gloves. The gloves just...arent as impactful. theyre a small item and they have a LOT of standins already on site, so its kind of unfair to everyone who pulls the gloves. TBH the lanyard is a fine item; the use of april fools items as niche and funny is exactly what they should be for. If the other items were something like, a baseballl cap with a luminax head on it, and something like a tote bag, that'd be absolutely fine, because theyre all little funny things. It's not though. plushes have been in demand for a HUGE amount of time, and masks are always popular, as are emperors in general. And again: in irl value, lanyards are about 5 bucks (if that) and plushes and head of that size can run you anywhere from 30-50 bucks. it's just blatantly unfair. I dont intend to discuss this further with you though, because I honestly doubt you have any intent to try to see my point
Jessyta wrote on 2021-04-05 12:53:51:
Can you maybe stop acting like because you dislike an item that means everyone does?
I dont even dislike the lanyard. I dislike that its part of a set and all were equally awarded when others are clearly valued over it.

Think of it like this. It's like, the staff was giving out a free armor set, lets say, er...the assassin kit. You get a blind pull; the options are the full gambeson, the presence, and the gloves.
The gloves just...arent as impactful. theyre a small item and they have a LOT of standins already on site, so its kind of unfair to everyone who pulls the gloves.

TBH the lanyard is a fine item; the use of april fools items as niche and funny is exactly what they should be for. If the other items were something like, a baseballl cap with a luminax head on it, and something like a tote bag, that'd be absolutely fine, because theyre all little funny things. It's not though. plushes have been in demand for a HUGE amount of time, and masks are always popular, as are emperors in general.

And again: in irl value, lanyards are about 5 bucks (if that) and plushes and head of that size can run you anywhere from 30-50 bucks. it's just blatantly unfair.

I dont intend to discuss this further with you though, because I honestly doubt you have any intent to try to see my point
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Y'all the lanyard is the most useful one. Sure, it's not as fancy as the rest. But it's useful- scientists, passes, anything that ID cards or lanyards would be used for. It has more uses than something like, say, the paper masques or the mascot. I prefer the mascot but it's very situational, probably will only use it for an actual emperor themed dragon. The lanyard? Heck yeah.

It's not as big as the others but it's overall more useful. Once the prices go down, I plan to get some for my traders and maybe clan leader.

Depends on which one people end up using the most. Lanyard is simple but has its purpose and while people may be upset since they got the least favorite/cheaper one, it happens. Just wait for the hype to end and get yourself a mascot or plushie.
Y'all the lanyard is the most useful one. Sure, it's not as fancy as the rest. But it's useful- scientists, passes, anything that ID cards or lanyards would be used for. It has more uses than something like, say, the paper masques or the mascot. I prefer the mascot but it's very situational, probably will only use it for an actual emperor themed dragon. The lanyard? Heck yeah.

It's not as big as the others but it's overall more useful. Once the prices go down, I plan to get some for my traders and maybe clan leader.

Depends on which one people end up using the most. Lanyard is simple but has its purpose and while people may be upset since they got the least favorite/cheaper one, it happens. Just wait for the hype to end and get yourself a mascot or plushie.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Those are the prices *today*

These items are so incredibly available that prices will drop. Sell your lanyard now and buy a plushie in a few months.

Those are the prices *today*

These items are so incredibly available that prices will drop. Sell your lanyard now and buy a plushie in a few months.

Help I'm trapped in a signature!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10