Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I quite like the lanyard and want to complete the set but yeah plushie is the best
I quite like the lanyard and want to complete the set but yeah plushie is the best
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2021-04-05 10:14:31" ] I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [/quote] I was not expecting it either. The mascot and the plushie has a similar style too. The Lanyard was too different from the set. A good theme, but I do feel for people who got the Lanyard and didn’t like them as someone who got it.
Wizardry wrote on 2021-04-05 10:14:31:
I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another
I was not expecting it either. The mascot and the plushie has a similar style too. The Lanyard was too different from the set. A good theme, but I do feel for people who got the Lanyard and didn’t like them as someone who got it.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
To all the people saying “the other prices will come down with time” that is absolutely not true. Flight Rising is a laissez-faire market, which means it’s dictated entirely by supply and demand; demand for the plush is high, demand for the lanyard is low. This will never change, because the lanyard is a bad item. The plush is completely unique, as is the mascot head, while the lanyard is small and insignificant, doesn’t make an impression, and is barely worth that 80 gems, even if that was its gem marketplace price.

If you’ve ever been to a con, you know what grab bags are actually like. lanyards are something that’s hapharzardly thrown into the bag at last minute as a bonus to your other gifts, along with the occasional pair of socks or small print. NO ONE gives out bags with Just lanyards in them. it’s not done.

Then the real world value of these items; a lanyard will run you MAYBE 5 dollars, a plush is more like 20-30, mascot head more like 35-40.

No matter how you look at it, it’s not fair in ANY way.

everyone join me in admonishing this because this is absolutely not acceptable
To all the people saying “the other prices will come down with time” that is absolutely not true. Flight Rising is a laissez-faire market, which means it’s dictated entirely by supply and demand; demand for the plush is high, demand for the lanyard is low. This will never change, because the lanyard is a bad item. The plush is completely unique, as is the mascot head, while the lanyard is small and insignificant, doesn’t make an impression, and is barely worth that 80 gems, even if that was its gem marketplace price.

If you’ve ever been to a con, you know what grab bags are actually like. lanyards are something that’s hapharzardly thrown into the bag at last minute as a bonus to your other gifts, along with the occasional pair of socks or small print. NO ONE gives out bags with Just lanyards in them. it’s not done.

Then the real world value of these items; a lanyard will run you MAYBE 5 dollars, a plush is more like 20-30, mascot head more like 35-40.

No matter how you look at it, it’s not fair in ANY way.

everyone join me in admonishing this because this is absolutely not acceptable
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
It's not the dev's fault that the lanyard is unpopular. c: They made a themed set and it's really nice. Also all of the items are in the chest item pool so the prices should go down eventually since the supply is not limited.
It's not the dev's fault that the lanyard is unpopular. c: They made a themed set and it's really nice. Also all of the items are in the chest item pool so the prices should go down eventually since the supply is not limited.
UwPE0Qp.png
[quote name="Ern" date="2021-04-05 10:20:21" ] The items will all come down in price eventually, patience is a virtue and all that. FR April fools has always had variance in items and price. [/quote] Nah, fam. The plushie and mascot are both decent items with at least some appeal to them, while the lanyard is just insignificant, boring, and not really something I see being used to good effect on any sort of outfits anytime soon. It's objectively worthless compared to the rest of the set and I strongly believe it's going to stay that way, even if more plushies make their way into the market via random drops
Ern wrote on 2021-04-05 10:20:21:
The items will all come down in price eventually, patience is a virtue and all that. FR April fools has always had variance in items and price.
Nah, fam. The plushie and mascot are both decent items with at least some appeal to them, while the lanyard is just insignificant, boring, and not really something I see being used to good effect on any sort of outfits anytime soon.

It's objectively worthless compared to the rest of the set and I strongly believe it's going to stay that way, even if more plushies make their way into the market via random drops
QyAuswz.png
[quote name="jotunn" date="2021-04-05 11:29:22" ] Also all of the items are in the chest item pool so the prices should go down eventually since the supply is not limited. [/quote] see above
jotunn wrote on 2021-04-05 11:29:22:
Also all of the items are in the chest item pool so the prices should go down eventually since the supply is not limited.
see above
QyAuswz.png
[quote name="JaviNiceDay" date="2021-04-05 11:30:24" ] [quote name="Ern" date="2021-04-05 10:20:21" ] The items will all come down in price eventually, patience is a virtue and all that. FR April fools has always had variance in items and price. [/quote] Nah, fam. The plushie and mascot are both decent items with some cute factor to them, while the lanyard is just insignificant, boring, and not really something I see being used to good effect on any sort of outfits anytime soon. [/quote] All three items can be found in all three chest variants and from Pinkerton, which is better that other FR April fools items. The supply will match demand eventually. I never said the lanyard would be as valuable, just that the prices for the other two will come down, which I believe they will in time.
JaviNiceDay wrote on 2021-04-05 11:30:24:
Ern wrote on 2021-04-05 10:20:21:
The items will all come down in price eventually, patience is a virtue and all that. FR April fools has always had variance in items and price.
Nah, fam. The plushie and mascot are both decent items with some cute factor to them, while the lanyard is just insignificant, boring, and not really something I see being used to good effect on any sort of outfits anytime soon.
All three items can be found in all three chest variants and from Pinkerton, which is better that other FR April fools items. The supply will match demand eventually. I never said the lanyard would be as valuable, just that the prices for the other two will come down, which I believe they will in time.
td9UiZS.png
I’m just gonna wait to pull the other two items out of a chest. I genuinely like the lanyard, but it is a much smaller, less flashy item out of the three. I got the mascot, but I’m not sure I’ll find a use for it right away.
I’m just gonna wait to pull the other two items out of a chest. I genuinely like the lanyard, but it is a much smaller, less flashy item out of the three. I got the mascot, but I’m not sure I’ll find a use for it right away.
Buying Food UMAs
I still stand by what I said. Even if the prices don't go down on the AH you will still have a chance to get it through chests. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the item.
I still stand by what I said. Even if the prices don't go down on the AH you will still have a chance to get it through chests. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the item.
UwPE0Qp.png
This is the same thing with the Ultimate buttersnake and the Phoenix from a few years back. People complained over getting "another buttersnake" when in the other egg was the Phoenix.

Does it suck? I guess. But this is kind of why you should buy extras if there isn't a huge amount of them (like the masks/eyes) Considering it was the Emperor I fully figured people would go nuts and I bought two extras. Personally I don't... Like any of the items so I'll probably sell. I don't really get the level of animosity over the different items. I guess people are just that crazy over plushies?

Plus they are added into the chests so there will always be new ones circulating. This is the result of any chance you take with Marva items and it's why people tend to save money all year to buy extras just in case.
This is the same thing with the Ultimate buttersnake and the Phoenix from a few years back. People complained over getting "another buttersnake" when in the other egg was the Phoenix.

Does it suck? I guess. But this is kind of why you should buy extras if there isn't a huge amount of them (like the masks/eyes) Considering it was the Emperor I fully figured people would go nuts and I bought two extras. Personally I don't... Like any of the items so I'll probably sell. I don't really get the level of animosity over the different items. I guess people are just that crazy over plushies?

Plus they are added into the chests so there will always be new ones circulating. This is the result of any chance you take with Marva items and it's why people tend to save money all year to buy extras just in case.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10