Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I think maaaaaybe Marva should stick to being different versions of the same kind of item? Didn’t feel great with the Phoenix vs Buttersnakes, doesn’t feel great now.
I think maaaaaybe Marva should stick to being different versions of the same kind of item? Didn’t feel great with the Phoenix vs Buttersnakes, doesn’t feel great now.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-04-05 10:19:59" ] [quote name="JaviNiceDay" date="2021-04-05 10:16:53" ] [quote name="Wizardry" date="2021-04-05 10:14:31" ] I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [/quote] Pretty much lol thanks, devs [/quote] Not sure the devs anticipated the level of Luminax love that came out of the map update tbh Hopefully it'll even out as players get them from chests and such [/quote] Yeah but Luminax aside (I’m pretty ambivalent), we’ve been asking for plushies for YEARS
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-04-05 10:19:59:
JaviNiceDay wrote on 2021-04-05 10:16:53:
Wizardry wrote on 2021-04-05 10:14:31:
I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another

Pretty much lol

thanks, devs
Not sure the devs anticipated the level of Luminax love that came out of the map update tbh
Hopefully it'll even out as players get them from chests and such

Yeah but Luminax aside (I’m pretty ambivalent), we’ve been asking for plushies for YEARS
What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol.
What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol.
[quote name="DethJackal" date="2021-04-05 12:02:30" ] What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol. [/quote] Not a personal attack, just a poorly thought out event. The Marva items are only “joke” items as much as any other apparel piece is. They really should’ve just had 2 bags and had the lanyard in both
DethJackal wrote on 2021-04-05 12:02:30:

Not a personal attack, just a poorly thought out event. The Marva items are only “joke” items as much as any other apparel piece is.

They really should’ve just had 2 bags and had the lanyard in both
[quote name="DethJackal" date="2021-04-05 12:02:30" ] What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol. [/quote] It's less the fact that the lanyard [i]exists[/i], in a vacuum it's an okay, inoffensive item (see the scientist derg above - it's a niche item but it has its uses, as limited as those are) Moreso the fact that, because it existed in the same pool as the Mascot and Plushie, it essentially means that you had a 1/3 chance to get screwed over by a choice you couldn't know was wrong until it was too late
It's less the fact that the lanyard exists, in a vacuum it's an okay, inoffensive item (see the scientist derg above - it's a niche item but it has its uses, as limited as those are)

Moreso the fact that, because it existed in the same pool as the Mascot and Plushie, it essentially means that you had a 1/3 chance to get screwed over by a choice you couldn't know was wrong until it was too late
QyAuswz.png
[quote name="Trix" date="2021-04-05 11:59:35" ] Yeah but Luminax aside (I’m pretty ambivalent), we’ve been asking for plushies for YEARS [/quote] Please, please, plllleeeeaaaase let this mean more plushie items on the horizon!
Trix wrote on 2021-04-05 11:59:35:
Yeah but Luminax aside (I’m pretty ambivalent), we’ve been asking for plushies for YEARS

Please, please, plllleeeeaaaase let this mean more plushie items on the horizon!
tumblr_5abf1d1c6f079af50a46dc5d9f03a071_ba8da64a_100.png
J7D1quC.png
pIlgc2u.png
g585y1V.png
OuP0IWM.png
VlbtRCL.png
[quote name="JaviNiceDay" date="2021-04-05 12:08:14" ] [quote name="DethJackal" date="2021-04-05 12:02:30" ] What says more is the amount of people taking a free joke item as a personal attack, lol. [/quote] It's less the fact that the lanyard [i]exists[/i], in a vacuum it's an okay, inoffensive item Moreso the fact that, because it existed among the Mascot and Plushie, it essentially means that you had a 1/3 chance to get screwed over by a choice you couldn't know was wrong until it was too late [/quote] You do realize a lot of people like the lanyard, right? And there are even some people who prefer the lanyard to the plushie? You're acting like your opinion is the only correct one.
JaviNiceDay wrote on 2021-04-05 12:08:14:
It's less the fact that the lanyard exists, in a vacuum it's an okay, inoffensive item

Moreso the fact that, because it existed among the Mascot and Plushie, it essentially means that you had a 1/3 chance to get screwed over by a choice you couldn't know was wrong until it was too late

You do realize a lot of people like the lanyard, right? And there are even some people who prefer the lanyard to the plushie? You're acting like your opinion is the only correct one.
i3C8xUt.gifKcj5hrt.gifQa1EIOj.png
I have a feeling the plush will end up somewhat like the Phoenix, where the price will go down somewhat once the hype dies down but will still have enough demand to keep it pricier then some of the other April fools items. Though, with these also dropping from chests there's a chance that'll speed up the rate at which the price drops. Its a one star item so they should be fairly common. So my overall thoughts is that they'll probably be pretty pricey for a while, but I dont think they're going to be like, unattainable in the future. Today's probably going to be the priciest they'll be since its the day they were released.

The lanyard is definitely a bit of let down in comparison to the other items, but its still a free item? I dont think the staff made them with the intent to have a third of the userbase suffer.

I'm personally kind of glad they didn't just do recolors of the same item, even if the lanyard's a bit underwhelming. I think its a cool item and I see how it works with the theme, but I won't lie and say I'm super impressed by it either. Still, its not such a horrible item that I'd say its offensive to be put along side the other two.
I have a feeling the plush will end up somewhat like the Phoenix, where the price will go down somewhat once the hype dies down but will still have enough demand to keep it pricier then some of the other April fools items. Though, with these also dropping from chests there's a chance that'll speed up the rate at which the price drops. Its a one star item so they should be fairly common. So my overall thoughts is that they'll probably be pretty pricey for a while, but I dont think they're going to be like, unattainable in the future. Today's probably going to be the priciest they'll be since its the day they were released.

The lanyard is definitely a bit of let down in comparison to the other items, but its still a free item? I dont think the staff made them with the intent to have a third of the userbase suffer.

I'm personally kind of glad they didn't just do recolors of the same item, even if the lanyard's a bit underwhelming. I think its a cool item and I see how it works with the theme, but I won't lie and say I'm super impressed by it either. Still, its not such a horrible item that I'd say its offensive to be put along side the other two.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
Huh, didn't expect this much drama over a bunch of April Fools items.

Though I will admit I'm not a fan of the lanyard, it's easier to stick on dragons than the others.
Huh, didn't expect this much drama over a bunch of April Fools items.

Though I will admit I'm not a fan of the lanyard, it's easier to stick on dragons than the others.
[quote name="BirdBagel" date="2021-04-05 11:43:45" ] [quote name="Wizardry" date="2021-04-05 10:14:31" ] I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [/quote] and here i thought i had been smart for picking the bag least likely to be picked by others. [/quote] That is exactly what I did [emoji=fae deadpan size=1]
BirdBagel wrote on 2021-04-05 11:43:45:
Wizardry wrote on 2021-04-05 10:14:31:
I was expecting recolor items.... I wasn’t expecting that if I pick the wrong bag color my item will be worth 1/5 as much as another
and here i thought i had been smart for picking the bag least likely to be picked by others.

That is exactly what I did
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10