Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 13:30:51" ] [quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-04-05 12:53:51" ] [quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 11:55:36" ] can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter. [/quote] Can you maybe stop acting like because you dislike an item that means everyone does? [/quote] I dont even dislike the lanyard. I dislike that its part of a set and all were equally awarded when others are clearly valued over it. Think of it like this. It's like, the staff was giving out a free armor set, lets say, er...the assassin kit. You get a blind pull; the options are the full gambeson, the presence, and the gloves. The gloves just...arent as impactful. theyre a small item and they have a LOT of standins already on site, so its kind of unfair to everyone who pulls the gloves. TBH the lanyard is a fine item; the use of april fools items as niche and funny is exactly what they should be for. If the other items were something like, a baseballl cap with a luminax head on it, and something like a tote bag, that'd be absolutely fine, because theyre all little funny things. It's not though. plushes have been in demand for a HUGE amount of time, and masks are always popular, as are emperors in general. And again: in irl value, lanyards are about 5 bucks (if that) and plushes and head of that size can run you anywhere from 30-50 bucks. it's just blatantly unfair. I dont intend to discuss this further with you though, because I honestly doubt you have any intent to try to see my point [/quote] ^ pretty much all of this again, I know there's some creative people that'll find a use for the lanyard in their outfits. [b]It's not a bad item. It's just incredibly unfortunate that it was released alongside the other two items in the bags.[/b] I don't know where the "personal attack" thing came from; I have no doubt in my mind that the FR Team simply just didn't realize that the Lanyard would receive this much backlash. I'm not po'd at them for giving a third of the playerbase a card on a string as opposed to a plush or a mascot head - I'm just mildly disappointed. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel sorry for the several people that are desperately trying to trade away their lanyard for the rest of the set on the Sales Forums right now.
RheoTastic wrote on 2021-04-05 13:30:51:
Jessyta wrote on 2021-04-05 12:53:51:
RheoTastic wrote on 2021-04-05 11:55:36:
can you guys PLEASE stop pretending this is just about price??? it isnt. its about 1/3 of the items being insignificant compared to the others. its about people being excited to log on today, excited to open their chests, only to find something tiny whereas a ton of other people have these cool, bold, statement-making items. And its about getting that, seeing that the site has left you by the wayside, and then getting told by people on the forums to suck it up and wait until it doesnt matter.
Can you maybe stop acting like because you dislike an item that means everyone does?
I dont even dislike the lanyard. I dislike that its part of a set and all were equally awarded when others are clearly valued over it.

Think of it like this. It's like, the staff was giving out a free armor set, lets say, er...the assassin kit. You get a blind pull; the options are the full gambeson, the presence, and the gloves.
The gloves just...arent as impactful. theyre a small item and they have a LOT of standins already on site, so its kind of unfair to everyone who pulls the gloves.

TBH the lanyard is a fine item; the use of april fools items as niche and funny is exactly what they should be for. If the other items were something like, a baseballl cap with a luminax head on it, and something like a tote bag, that'd be absolutely fine, because theyre all little funny things. It's not though. plushes have been in demand for a HUGE amount of time, and masks are always popular, as are emperors in general.

And again: in irl value, lanyards are about 5 bucks (if that) and plushes and head of that size can run you anywhere from 30-50 bucks. it's just blatantly unfair.

I dont intend to discuss this further with you though, because I honestly doubt you have any intent to try to see my point

^ pretty much all of this

again, I know there's some creative people that'll find a use for the lanyard in their outfits. It's not a bad item. It's just incredibly unfortunate that it was released alongside the other two items in the bags.

I don't know where the "personal attack" thing came from; I have no doubt in my mind that the FR Team simply just didn't realize that the Lanyard would receive this much backlash. I'm not po'd at them for giving a third of the playerbase a card on a string as opposed to a plush or a mascot head - I'm just mildly disappointed. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel sorry for the several people that are desperately trying to trade away their lanyard for the rest of the set on the Sales Forums right now.
QyAuswz.png
At this point, I treat it like cloundbound eggs - I got free fodder banes, someone hatched a double primal. Good on them, I'll work my way up to one. The chance on Marva items is better, so I guess the disappointment runs higher. As for apparel coverage in comparison to other apparel, staff was never consistent with pricing, and it is unlikely they will start now. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/mgkPZHFg/lol.png[/img] As for recolors only, No, it really wouldn't fix it. I guess [gamedb item=9620] is worthless, useless, and unfortunate because this other one [gamedb item=9618] is more popular. If you're going for a "free" pull from Pinkerton or chests, then yes, the drop rate is abysmal. Luckily, FR playerbase is pretty big, the chests are fairly common, and while it will take some time, many players that are not interested in the said items will eventually pull and sell them.
At this point, I treat it like cloundbound eggs - I got free fodder banes, someone hatched a double primal. Good on them, I'll work my way up to one. The chance on Marva items is better, so I guess the disappointment runs higher.

As for apparel coverage in comparison to other apparel, staff was never consistent with pricing, and it is unlikely they will start now.
lol.png

As for recolors only, No, it really wouldn't fix it. I guess Stupendous Sweater is worthless, useless, and unfortunate because this other one Astonishing Sweater is more popular.

If you're going for a "free" pull from Pinkerton or chests, then yes, the drop rate is abysmal. Luckily, FR playerbase is pretty big, the chests are fairly common, and while it will take some time, many players that are not interested in the said items will eventually pull and sell them.
Buy glitch descendant
Renting nests
Wishlist
mzu1ECW.png
i really like the lanyard, i think it's cool to see more modern "canon" items in FR. once the price drops i'm planning on getting a bunch for my scientist dragons. still crossing my fingers for more scientist/robot apparel, tho!

not to touch on some of the drama topics here, but... its been less than 12 hours since these items came out. their prices will absolutely drop once the item pool expands from chests opening. im sorry you personally dislike an item, but it's exhausting seeing some people act like everyone hates it and that staff are intentionally doing this to upset people. staff made several con-related items and lanyards are absolutely present and popular at cons. they couldn't have predicted that one item would be more or less popular than another.

don't take your personal dislikes or frustrations out on the entire community. if you are this upset at the addition of a fantasy lanyard, it might be a good idea to take a small break. i walk my dog when im feeling frustrated, it helps my anxiety a lot. wishing you all the best, and a happy (late) april fools.
i really like the lanyard, i think it's cool to see more modern "canon" items in FR. once the price drops i'm planning on getting a bunch for my scientist dragons. still crossing my fingers for more scientist/robot apparel, tho!

not to touch on some of the drama topics here, but... its been less than 12 hours since these items came out. their prices will absolutely drop once the item pool expands from chests opening. im sorry you personally dislike an item, but it's exhausting seeing some people act like everyone hates it and that staff are intentionally doing this to upset people. staff made several con-related items and lanyards are absolutely present and popular at cons. they couldn't have predicted that one item would be more or less popular than another.

don't take your personal dislikes or frustrations out on the entire community. if you are this upset at the addition of a fantasy lanyard, it might be a good idea to take a small break. i walk my dog when im feeling frustrated, it helps my anxiety a lot. wishing you all the best, and a happy (late) april fools.
wLNPkA3.png
[quote name="Amariel" date="2021-04-05 12:14:22" ] You do realize a lot of people like the lanyard, right? And there are even some people who prefer the lanyard to the plushie? You're acting like your opinion is the only correct one. [/quote] THIS. OH MY GODS, this. Amariel truly coming in here to save the day. Basically, [i]you cannot base a thing's quality on your own opinion.[/i] The Lanyard is not objectively worse than the other two items. What it is? It is objectively smaller. It covers less of the dragon. It is actually more detailed than the other two items solely for the fact that its small covering has more intricate details than the big apparel (the image, the Light emblem and the Lightweaver icon). It is more versatile. And I suppose it has green and blue hues unlike the other two. There. That's all there is to it, no such thing as objective quality.
Amariel wrote on 2021-04-05 12:14:22:
You do realize a lot of people like the lanyard, right? And there are even some people who prefer the lanyard to the plushie? You're acting like your opinion is the only correct one.

THIS. OH MY GODS, this. Amariel truly coming in here to save the day.

Basically, you cannot base a thing's quality on your own opinion. The Lanyard is not objectively worse than the other two items. What it is? It is objectively smaller. It covers less of the dragon. It is actually more detailed than the other two items solely for the fact that its small covering has more intricate details than the big apparel (the image, the Light emblem and the Lightweaver icon). It is more versatile. And I suppose it has green and blue hues unlike the other two.

There. That's all there is to it, no such thing as objective quality.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Lednik" date="2021-04-05 13:26:59" ] There's a whole lot of assumptions in here and in this thread, starting with the bizarre idea that staff somehow planned this as a sick prank because...??? It's also a bit hard to hear past the price thing when people are actively comparing these things to [i]real life item/prices[/i] which is honestly kind of absurd? The theme was conventions and lanyards [i]are[/i] a thing there, I've seen plenty of people excited over them because they remember their first conventions and fun pins and such they got theirs, little things like that. (Plus like, insignificant is debatable and highly subjective here, personally for me the plush is very bulky and hard to really use where the lanyard I can use in more outfits in subtle ways like the eyes, but that's simply my taste) Treating this like some personal attack is like. I don't know what to tell you. I don't think staff was rubbing their hands together with cartoon grins and waiting for how many people would be 'left by the wayside' and they certainly weren't out for you specifically because you picked one out of three randomized options and were disappointed. I was disappointed with my dragon mask way back when and my waystone familiar but that's not on staff somehow. Trust me when I say I have [i]plenty[/i] of beefs with staff and how certain things are handled, but treating a disappointing joke item like some kind of targeted offense and asking for its removal and deletion/threatening staff (not you specifically but I have seen that) feels kinda off? I do feel you on the forum part though because I'm also rolling my eyes at the "dEaR HaTeRs" threads, but this will eventually just fade and everyone will kinda forget it matters, like the whole buttersnake/phoenix debacle. [/quote] sorry for implying that I thought this was purposeful intent, I don't. I just think the staff either didnt fully think this through/was strapped for a final chest option and had to come up with something quick. or, maybe the complete opposite was true; maybe they made the lanyard and didnt know what to do afterwards and came up with the head and the plush! I cant claim to know. but it was a poorly thought out decision, is what I mean. The real world value is kind of relevant bc yeah, FR items dont exist in a vacuum; the prices of apparel by site price are more or less proportional (take the teardrop sets, small and each piece are v cheap). So not having proportional value between the gift bag items, is kind of a rough deal. the recolors I consider all proportional in basic value, because...well theyre the same item in different styles! people will prefer different ones, theres inevitably a frontrunner and thats fine. theres just nothing that pulls extremely far ahead and nothing that falls so dramatically behind. Not that I think recolors are the only option; either replacing the mascot head and plush with stuff like a tote bag and a baseball cap, things that are equal in value so theres not one clear cut outlier. that or switching the lanyard with something of higher value would work too! different people have different tastes and thats fine, but keeping it proportional is pretty important so trades can be even. and sorry im framing it as a personal attack; again I dont think this was planned. but I think this is a poorly thought out incident that yes, people are getting slighted for. and I have every right to feel slighted! I was a bit disappointed when I opened my goodie bag, then thought "oh well im sure I can find a use for this!" then went and checked the rest of the set and my heart sunk into my stomach. being the one who objectively Loses the item pull is...not awesome. even if I can get the others later, or whatever. I dont even particularly want them, I just dont think its a fair thing that was done, and I know there are lots of other people like me who drew the low value version and REALLY want that plush
Lednik wrote on 2021-04-05 13:26:59:
There's a whole lot of assumptions in here and in this thread, starting with the bizarre idea that staff somehow planned this as a sick prank because...??? It's also a bit hard to hear past the price thing when people are actively comparing these things to real life item/prices which is honestly kind of absurd? The theme was conventions and lanyards are a thing there, I've seen plenty of people excited over them because they remember their first conventions and fun pins and such they got theirs, little things like that.
(Plus like, insignificant is debatable and highly subjective here, personally for me the plush is very bulky and hard to really use where the lanyard I can use in more outfits in subtle ways like the eyes, but that's simply my taste)

Treating this like some personal attack is like. I don't know what to tell you. I don't think staff was rubbing their hands together with cartoon grins and waiting for how many people would be 'left by the wayside' and they certainly weren't out for you specifically because you picked one out of three randomized options and were disappointed. I was disappointed with my dragon mask way back when and my waystone familiar but that's not on staff somehow.
Trust me when I say I have plenty of beefs with staff and how certain things are handled, but treating a disappointing joke item like some kind of targeted offense and asking for its removal and deletion/threatening staff (not you specifically but I have seen that) feels kinda off?

I do feel you on the forum part though because I'm also rolling my eyes at the "dEaR HaTeRs" threads, but this will eventually just fade and everyone will kinda forget it matters, like the whole buttersnake/phoenix debacle.
sorry for implying that I thought this was purposeful intent, I don't. I just think the staff either didnt fully think this through/was strapped for a final chest option and had to come up with something quick. or, maybe the complete opposite was true; maybe they made the lanyard and didnt know what to do afterwards and came up with the head and the plush! I cant claim to know. but it was a poorly thought out decision, is what I mean.

The real world value is kind of relevant bc yeah, FR items dont exist in a vacuum; the prices of apparel by site price are more or less proportional (take the teardrop sets, small and each piece are v cheap). So not having proportional value between the gift bag items, is kind of a rough deal. the recolors I consider all proportional in basic value, because...well theyre the same item in different styles! people will prefer different ones, theres inevitably a frontrunner and thats fine. theres just nothing that pulls extremely far ahead and nothing that falls so dramatically behind. Not that I think recolors are the only option; either replacing the mascot head and plush with stuff like a tote bag and a baseball cap, things that are equal in value so theres not one clear cut outlier. that or switching the lanyard with something of higher value would work too! different people have different tastes and thats fine, but keeping it proportional is pretty important so trades can be even.

and sorry im framing it as a personal attack; again I dont think this was planned. but I think this is a poorly thought out incident that yes, people are getting slighted for. and I have every right to feel slighted! I was a bit disappointed when I opened my goodie bag, then thought "oh well im sure I can find a use for this!" then went and checked the rest of the set and my heart sunk into my stomach. being the one who objectively Loses the item pull is...not awesome. even if I can get the others later, or whatever. I dont even particularly want them, I just dont think its a fair thing that was done, and I know there are lots of other people like me who drew the low value version and REALLY want that plush
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
"apparel coverage" [quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 14:18:44" ] [quote name="Peyp" date="2021-04-05 13:56:07" ] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/mgkPZHFg/lol.png[/img] [/quote] the citrine jewelry box has 12 items to the ceramics 8. nothing further. [/quote] Full 12 piece citrine set. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=10362,10384,10397,10724,10734,10727,10713,10390,10369,10376,10741,10748&xt=dressing.png[/img] One item from the 8 piece set. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=31987&xt=dressing.png[/img] Okay, yeah. You're right, nothing further.
"apparel coverage"
RheoTastic wrote on 2021-04-05 14:18:44:
Peyp wrote on 2021-04-05 13:56:07:
lol.png
the citrine jewelry box has 12 items to the ceramics 8. nothing further.

Full 12 piece citrine set.
dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=10362,10384,10397,10724,10734,10727,10713,10390,10369,10376,10741,10748&xt=dressing.png

One item from the 8 piece set.
dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=31987&xt=dressing.png

Okay, yeah. You're right, nothing further.
Buy glitch descendant
Renting nests
Wishlist
mzu1ECW.png
you guys do realise they're not retired right? like you can still get it from chests and pinkerton? and like, all of these arguments can be applied to the phoenix and ultimate buttersnake year, a lot more people were disappointed to get the buttersnake, but 1) they didn't claim that something was "objectively" less valuable, since that's not how value even works, and 2) while the prices started out high, because people are impatient, they dropped considerably, because again, it's not retired.
you guys do realise they're not retired right? like you can still get it from chests and pinkerton? and like, all of these arguments can be applied to the phoenix and ultimate buttersnake year, a lot more people were disappointed to get the buttersnake, but 1) they didn't claim that something was "objectively" less valuable, since that's not how value even works, and 2) while the prices started out high, because people are impatient, they dropped considerably, because again, it's not retired.
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2021-04-05 14:15:34" ] sorry for implying that I thought this was purposeful intent, I don't. I just think the staff either didnt fully think this through/was strapped for a final chest option and had to come up with something quick. or, maybe the complete opposite was true; maybe they made the lanyard and didnt know what to do afterwards and came up with the head and the plush! I cant claim to know. but it was a poorly thought out decision, is what I mean.[/quote] Again, that's subjective. There's no reason to assume the lanyards were just spat out because staff was strapped for idea one way or the other when like, that's what a lot of people remember in cons? It's small but if I had someone ask me to think of a convention, I do think of people with lanyards, and plushies! And also cosplay. I still have lanyards from old summer camps and such, and as seen throughout the forums people really do like them, I don't see why staff couldn't have put just as much effort into them and the other two. [quote]The real world value is kind of relevant bc yeah, FR items dont exist in a vacuum; the prices of apparel by site price are more or less proportional (take the teardrop sets, small and each piece are v cheap). So not having proportional value between the gift bag items, is kind of a rough deal. the recolors. . . Not that I think recolors are the only option; either replacing the mascot head and plush with stuff like a tote bag and a baseball cap, things that are equal in value so theres not one clear cut outlier. that or switching the lanyard with something of higher value would work too! different people have different tastes and thats fine, but keeping it proportional is pretty important so trades can be even.[/quote] If you squint maybe, but... no things really aren't priced proportionally. Just checking AH right now, birdskull armband is 15kt, attendant overcoat is 12kt, amethyst [i]tail clasp[/i] is 14kt while a waist frill is 10kt. Blue feathered bone bundle is 74500, [i]brown[/i] feathered bones (exact same items) is 26000. Buttercup bundle is more expensive than steampunk bundles and both have the [b]exact same[/b] number of items, and I'm sorry but this is nit-picky and ridiculous as hell and we haven't even touched on the gem mp with a string of thin gold costing more than half the aviator set and [i]armor[/i]. And this is just [b]site pricing[/b], do we really want to compare the price of gold jewelry to frills? [i](Other notable things are the smallest piece of seraph jewelry costs more than two [b]bundles[/b] of the courier apparel, and those are [i]busy[/i] sets, we're well beyond trading a proportional item for another and like,,,, this is a pixel dragon site, the size of these things is entirely irrelevant beyond "do people like them", we could go n and on about the price of fest apparel and how bones on strings are worth like 10 halos of a certain flight and 20 of any given item in treasure mp, its just. That's not a real way to determine worth) [/i] And like, in your examples I fail to see how a baseball cap would suddenly fix the issue, it's still bigger than the lanyard and a good novelty hat can easily go for 20-40 dollars, so we're right back into the starting issue. [quote]I consider all proportional in basic value, because...well theyre the same item in different styles! people will prefer different ones, theres inevitably a frontrunner and thats fine. theres just nothing that pulls extremely far ahead and nothing that falls so dramatically behind [/quote] I was here for the paper masks, and faes immediately dropped to 10-20g where I remember forking over an egg and some gems for an imperial mask because I had a friend who really wanted one. Same situation happened with the waystone colors and I imagine happened with the sweaters and other familiars, this really isn't that abnormal.
RheoTastic wrote on 2021-04-05 14:15:34:
sorry for implying that I thought this was purposeful intent, I don't. I just think the staff either didnt fully think this through/was strapped for a final chest option and had to come up with something quick. or, maybe the complete opposite was true; maybe they made the lanyard and didnt know what to do afterwards and came up with the head and the plush! I cant claim to know. but it was a poorly thought out decision, is what I mean.
Again, that's subjective. There's no reason to assume the lanyards were just spat out because staff was strapped for idea one way or the other when like, that's what a lot of people remember in cons? It's small but if I had someone ask me to think of a convention, I do think of people with lanyards, and plushies! And also cosplay. I still have lanyards from old summer camps and such, and as seen throughout the forums people really do like them, I don't see why staff couldn't have put just as much effort into them and the other two.
Quote:
The real world value is kind of relevant bc yeah, FR items dont exist in a vacuum; the prices of apparel by site price are more or less proportional (take the teardrop sets, small and each piece are v cheap). So not having proportional value between the gift bag items, is kind of a rough deal. the recolors. . . Not that I think recolors are the only option; either replacing the mascot head and plush with stuff like a tote bag and a baseball cap, things that are equal in value so theres not one clear cut outlier. that or switching the lanyard with something of higher value would work too! different people have different tastes and thats fine, but keeping it proportional is pretty important so trades can be even.

If you squint maybe, but... no things really aren't priced proportionally. Just checking AH right now, birdskull armband is 15kt, attendant overcoat is 12kt, amethyst tail clasp is 14kt while a waist frill is 10kt. Blue feathered bone bundle is 74500, brown feathered bones (exact same items) is 26000. Buttercup bundle is more expensive than steampunk bundles and both have the exact same number of items, and I'm sorry but this is nit-picky and ridiculous as hell and we haven't even touched on the gem mp with a string of thin gold costing more than half the aviator set and armor. And this is just site pricing, do we really want to compare the price of gold jewelry to frills?
(Other notable things are the smallest piece of seraph jewelry costs more than two bundles of the courier apparel, and those are busy sets, we're well beyond trading a proportional item for another and like,,,, this is a pixel dragon site, the size of these things is entirely irrelevant beyond "do people like them", we could go n and on about the price of fest apparel and how bones on strings are worth like 10 halos of a certain flight and 20 of any given item in treasure mp, its just. That's not a real way to determine worth)
And like, in your examples I fail to see how a baseball cap would suddenly fix the issue, it's still bigger than the lanyard and a good novelty hat can easily go for 20-40 dollars, so we're right back into the starting issue.
Quote:
I consider all proportional in basic value, because...well theyre the same item in different styles! people will prefer different ones, theres inevitably a frontrunner and thats fine. theres just nothing that pulls extremely far ahead and nothing that falls so dramatically behind

I was here for the paper masks, and faes immediately dropped to 10-20g where I remember forking over an egg and some gems for an imperial mask because I had a friend who really wanted one. Same situation happened with the waystone colors and I imagine happened with the sweaters and other familiars, this really isn't that abnormal.
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
The items aren't being retired, so not getting the one you wanted doesn't really matter as you will probably see tons of them for sale as time goes on. Just got the plushie from opening chests for example: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/648851047cf0b2768d2cfadc4e142282/3b59cf3528a02d99-1e/s540x810/df26319e0afdaab45cb3f0eebfc111e85f543b67.png[/img]
The items aren't being retired, so not getting the one you wanted doesn't really matter as you will probably see tons of them for sale as time goes on.

Just got the plushie from opening chests for example:
df26319e0afdaab45cb3f0eebfc111e85f543b67.png
e4b5f537d7f419dc9f8b5743c1d8848171a9d331.png
Me over here like: I need more of those lanyards as amulets for a Luminax cult
Me over here like: I need more of those lanyards as amulets for a Luminax cult
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10