Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="deztora" date="2021-04-05 23:31:25" ] The lanyard isn't objectively worse, only objectively smaller. That makes it better actually. Subtle apparel is better than bulky apparel. Look I can state my opinions as facts too [/quote] this, honestly! i sold my bag because i can't personally find a use for marva items beyond meme dragon apparel, and while i did end up liking this year's items, i'd be able to find more uses for the lanyard over the plushie and especially the mascot head. they're all great apparel pieces, and one is not inherently worth less than the others. they've just all got different uses. i think the mascot head, to me, personally, is the least desirable because there's no way for me to work it into an outfit naturally, especially since i don't have any emperors in my lore. does that make it bad? absolutely not! at the end of the day, they're free items that were given as part of a joke. it's okay to be a little let down or disappointed, but we all need to remember that staff didn't [i]have[/i] to give out items on april fool's, and that this is probably the last thing we should be criticizing them over.
deztora wrote on 2021-04-05 23:31:25:
The lanyard isn't objectively worse, only objectively smaller. That makes it better actually. Subtle apparel is better than bulky apparel.

Look I can state my opinions as facts too

this, honestly! i sold my bag because i can't personally find a use for marva items beyond meme dragon apparel, and while i did end up liking this year's items, i'd be able to find more uses for the lanyard over the plushie and especially the mascot head. they're all great apparel pieces, and one is not inherently worth less than the others. they've just all got different uses. i think the mascot head, to me, personally, is the least desirable because there's no way for me to work it into an outfit naturally, especially since i don't have any emperors in my lore. does that make it bad? absolutely not!

at the end of the day, they're free items that were given as part of a joke. it's okay to be a little let down or disappointed, but we all need to remember that staff didn't have to give out items on april fool's, and that this is probably the last thing we should be criticizing them over.
oooo
lightf1.png

euclid
it/its
ca5598c1562f7247710d616cfd891b3c26c319f5.png

lightf2.png
I mean,,, 80g still isn’t that bad. Not as much as the others, but it’s nothing to sneeze at.
I mean,,, 80g still isn’t that bad. Not as much as the others, but it’s nothing to sneeze at.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
The marva items convey a little joke
The idea of a dragon con is silly, and luminax being the star is even sillier
These items transport that joke and the lanyard might even do the best job
We all got a raffle bag for free, some like their gift and some don't, but comparing it to staff giving five dollars to some and thirty dollars to others is far fetched
It's the users themselves who create these imaginary worths
The marva items convey a little joke
The idea of a dragon con is silly, and luminax being the star is even sillier
These items transport that joke and the lanyard might even do the best job
We all got a raffle bag for free, some like their gift and some don't, but comparing it to staff giving five dollars to some and thirty dollars to others is far fetched
It's the users themselves who create these imaginary worths
qR6otwA.png
I mean, just in terms of a con, it doesn't make sense to me that the lanyard wasn't in the bag with the plushie or the mask. ALL con attendants get lanyards. [quote name="Sunflight" date="2021-04-05 15:23:51" ] Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort. [/quote] Because if you picked the wrong item and would rather a different item, you have to pay way more for that item if you have a lanyard than if you have one of the other two. [quote name="Azurepocalypse" date="2021-04-05 12:16:53" ]I dont think the staff made them with the intent to have a third of the userbase suffer.[/quote] Absolutely no one is saying they did? Just that it wasn't as well-thought out as it could've been. Like, I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, but who here has actually said anything about it being a "personal attack?" I'm only seeing that from folks complaining about folks complaining. [quote name="Tserin" date="2021-04-05 12:36:25" ]Those entire events were a disappointment to me because I didn't like a single item. I actually don't like the mascot thing from this year either.[/quote] That's kind of the real thing, isn't it, tho? If they'd [i]all[/i] been jokey items (like a con-themed baseball cap or t-shirt), it wouldn't really feel as disappointing. But one of the three items was something we have [i]literally been asking the staff for for years[/i]. So, y'know. It would be like if all the masks and eyes had been the same...except one of the masks was a really good piece of breed apparel, or one of the sets of eyes was actually color-changing contact lenses, or something that simulated having no eyes. [quote]And yet. Everything was fine in the end. I didn't feel the need to complain about how disappointed I was on the forums and that the devs were mocking me, or lazy, or making some kind of weird personal attack on me, because... it wasn't like that.[/quote] Cool. But guess what? Some people can feel let down and that's ok. Apparently, it's also ok to complain about people complaining. (Honestly, it's kind of wild to me how many people are upset by people being upset) And everyone saying the whole "it's not for money" thing...y'all, this is Flight Rising. Everything ties back to the site economy. But I don't think most of us who are upset with the lanyard are upset that we can't sell it for loads of gems. We're upset that it's worth [i]so[/i] much less than the plushie (or the mask) that we can't [i]get[/i] those without spending loads of gems. And hey. Maybe the market will cool down. The Phoenix market didn't, really, tho. Like, it took me years to get a Phoenix. So it's reasonable to feel concerned that no, maybe the Really Cool Thing won't be available. [quote name="Natron" date="2021-04-05 14:14:13" ] Basically, [i]you cannot base a thing's quality on your own opinion.[/i] The Lanyard is not objectively worse than the other two items.[/quote] Maybe not. But the other two items are objectively more expensive and honestly? Will probably stay that way for a [i]while[/i]. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. A thing folks have been asking for for ages got released, and some folks got it for free, and some folks are gonna have to pay a lot of gems for it because they picked the wrong color. [quote name="Kydoimos" date="2021-04-05 20:42:00" ] They probably wouldn't sell it anyways, so there's no point in thinking about "the more gem value I could have had if I were them". [/quote] I mean, yes, exactly? That's kind of part of it. People who got the plushies are less likely to want to sell them, and lots of people [i]want[/i] them. It's not about "how many gems could I have gotten." It's about how it's going to cost some people more.
I mean, just in terms of a con, it doesn't make sense to me that the lanyard wasn't in the bag with the plushie or the mask. ALL con attendants get lanyards.
Sunflight wrote on 2021-04-05 15:23:51:
Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort.

Because if you picked the wrong item and would rather a different item, you have to pay way more for that item if you have a lanyard than if you have one of the other two.
Azurepocalypse wrote on 2021-04-05 12:16:53:
I dont think the staff made them with the intent to have a third of the userbase suffer.

Absolutely no one is saying they did?

Just that it wasn't as well-thought out as it could've been.

Like, I'm sorry, maybe I missed it, but who here has actually said anything about it being a "personal attack?" I'm only seeing that from folks complaining about folks complaining.

Tserin wrote on 2021-04-05 12:36:25:
Those entire events were a disappointment to me because I didn't like a single item. I actually don't like the mascot thing from this year either.

That's kind of the real thing, isn't it, tho? If they'd all been jokey items (like a con-themed baseball cap or t-shirt), it wouldn't really feel as disappointing. But one of the three items was something we have literally been asking the staff for for years. So, y'know.

It would be like if all the masks and eyes had been the same...except one of the masks was a really good piece of breed apparel, or one of the sets of eyes was actually color-changing contact lenses, or something that simulated having no eyes.
Quote:
And yet. Everything was fine in the end. I didn't feel the need to complain about how disappointed I was on the forums and that the devs were mocking me, or lazy, or making some kind of weird personal attack on me, because... it wasn't like that.

Cool. But guess what? Some people can feel let down and that's ok. Apparently, it's also ok to complain about people complaining.

(Honestly, it's kind of wild to me how many people are upset by people being upset)

And everyone saying the whole "it's not for money" thing...y'all, this is Flight Rising. Everything ties back to the site economy. But I don't think most of us who are upset with the lanyard are upset that we can't sell it for loads of gems. We're upset that it's worth so much less than the plushie (or the mask) that we can't get those without spending loads of gems.

And hey. Maybe the market will cool down.

The Phoenix market didn't, really, tho. Like, it took me years to get a Phoenix.

So it's reasonable to feel concerned that no, maybe the Really Cool Thing won't be available.

Natron wrote on 2021-04-05 14:14:13:
Basically, you cannot base a thing's quality on your own opinion. The Lanyard is not objectively worse than the other two items.

Maybe not. But the other two items are objectively more expensive and honestly? Will probably stay that way for a while.

I don't get why that's so hard to understand. A thing folks have been asking for for ages got released, and some folks got it for free, and some folks are gonna have to pay a lot of gems for it because they picked the wrong color.

Kydoimos wrote on 2021-04-05 20:42:00:
They probably wouldn't sell it anyways, so there's no point in thinking about "the more gem value I could have had if I were them".

I mean, yes, exactly? That's kind of part of it. People who got the plushies are less likely to want to sell them, and lots of people want them. It's not about "how many gems could I have gotten." It's about how it's going to cost some people more.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="@Trix" date="2021-04-06 06:29:44" ] Cool. But guess what? Some people can feel let down and that's ok. Apparently, it's also ok to complain about people complaining. (Honestly, it's kind of wild to me how many people are upset by people being upset) And everyone saying the whole "it's not for money" thing...y'all, this is Flight Rising. Everything ties back to the site economy. But I don't think most of us who are upset with the lanyard are upset that we can't sell it for loads of gems. We're upset that it's worth [i]so[/i] much less than the plushie (or the mask) that we can't [i]get[/i] those without spending loads of gems. And hey. Maybe the market will cool down. The Phoenix market didn't, really, tho. Like, it took me years to get a Phoenix. So it's reasonable to feel concerned that no, maybe the Really Cool Thing won't be available. [/quote] first of all, the phoenix market very much did cool down, if memory serves it was several hundred gems in the AH on release and right now its 150. secondly, and i cannot stress this enough, [b]it's not retired.[/b] saying that you're upset because you can't get the plushie or the mascot without spending a lot of gems is a moot point, because [i]you literally can.[/i] you can still get it from chests, like you get from bonding familiars or digging, or from pinkerton. it's not even as rare as the phoenix or the ultimate buttersnake, which, again, like ALL marva items, have gone down SIGNIFICANTLY in resell value since their release, due to the fact that they are NOT retired.
@Trix wrote on 2021-04-06 06:29:44:
Cool. But guess what? Some people can feel let down and that's ok. Apparently, it's also ok to complain about people complaining.

(Honestly, it's kind of wild to me how many people are upset by people being upset)

And everyone saying the whole "it's not for money" thing...y'all, this is Flight Rising. Everything ties back to the site economy. But I don't think most of us who are upset with the lanyard are upset that we can't sell it for loads of gems. We're upset that it's worth so much less than the plushie (or the mask) that we can't get those without spending loads of gems.

And hey. Maybe the market will cool down.

The Phoenix market didn't, really, tho. Like, it took me years to get a Phoenix.

So it's reasonable to feel concerned that no, maybe the Really Cool Thing won't be available.

first of all, the phoenix market very much did cool down, if memory serves it was several hundred gems in the AH on release and right now its 150.

secondly, and i cannot stress this enough, it's not retired. saying that you're upset because you can't get the plushie or the mascot without spending a lot of gems is a moot point, because you literally can. you can still get it from chests, like you get from bonding familiars or digging, or from pinkerton. it's not even as rare as the phoenix or the ultimate buttersnake, which, again, like ALL marva items, have gone down SIGNIFICANTLY in resell value since their release, due to the fact that they are NOT retired.
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
[center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/2d2cc8d1130c6a38daff6b6fe88f8252/f31832205f55c5b3-d1/s540x810/35c57d957efb90c5b7fd458df123e4b8ec9525ea.png[/img][/center] [size=2]this isn't meant to diss staff I just legitimately thought this thread was one of the ones that'd been locked
35c57d957efb90c5b7fd458df123e4b8ec9525ea.png
this isn't meant to diss staff I just legitimately thought this thread was one of the ones that'd been locked
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-04-06 18:58:04" ] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/2d2cc8d1130c6a38daff6b6fe88f8252/f31832205f55c5b3-d1/s540x810/35c57d957efb90c5b7fd458df123e4b8ec9525ea.png[/img][/center] [size=2]this isn't meant to diss staff I just legitimately thought this thread was one of the ones that'd been locked [/quote] I was assuming this one would be too
Drakessis wrote on 2021-04-06 18:58:04:
this isn't meant to diss staff I just legitimately thought this thread was one of the ones that'd been locked

I was assuming this one would be too
[quote name="DilsDoes" date="2021-04-06 18:53:41" ] first of all, the phoenix market very much did cool down, if memory serves it was several hundred gems in the AH on release and right now its 150.[/quote] That's still kind of a lot of gems, tho? Especially for an item that was free. [quote]secondly, and i cannot stress this enough, [b]it's not retired.[/b] saying that you're upset because you can't get the plushie or the mascot without spending a lot of gems is a moot point, because [i]you literally can.[/i] you can still get it from chests, like you get from bonding familiars or digging, or from pinkerton. it's not even as rare as the phoenix or the ultimate buttersnake, which, again, like ALL marva items, have gone down SIGNIFICANTLY in resell value since their release, due to the fact that they are NOT retired. [/quote] Ok, cool. Can people still be a bit disappointed? Is that okay? Is that allowed? Like, sheesh. Y'all are more negative about folks expressing disappointment than the folks who are disappointed.
DilsDoes wrote on 2021-04-06 18:53:41:
first of all, the phoenix market very much did cool down, if memory serves it was several hundred gems in the AH on release and right now its 150.

That's still kind of a lot of gems, tho? Especially for an item that was free.
Quote:
secondly, and i cannot stress this enough, it's not retired. saying that you're upset because you can't get the plushie or the mascot without spending a lot of gems is a moot point, because you literally can. you can still get it from chests, like you get from bonding familiars or digging, or from pinkerton. it's not even as rare as the phoenix or the ultimate buttersnake, which, again, like ALL marva items, have gone down SIGNIFICANTLY in resell value since their release, due to the fact that they are NOT retired.

Ok, cool. Can people still be a bit disappointed? Is that okay? Is that allowed?

Like, sheesh. Y'all are more negative about folks expressing disappointment than the folks who are disappointed.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-04-06 18:58:04" ] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/2d2cc8d1130c6a38daff6b6fe88f8252/f31832205f55c5b3-d1/s540x810/35c57d957efb90c5b7fd458df123e4b8ec9525ea.png[/img][/center] [size=2]this isn't meant to diss staff I just legitimately thought this thread was one of the ones that'd been locked [/quote] I actually coulda sworn this one was locked?? I couldn't find it at all yesterday but maybe that just means I need my glasses checked
Drakessis wrote on 2021-04-06 18:58:04:
I actually coulda sworn this one was locked?? I couldn't find it at all yesterday but maybe that just means I need my glasses checked
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
And this thread, too, has run its course and is now locked. Please see [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2994062/5#post_47087589]my comment here [/url][/b]regarding the LuminaxCon apparel set, our intent, and its availability. Thank you! [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-04-06 09:55:55" ] To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with [i]"precious baby, must protect!"[/i] but we were. [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you. More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay. I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts. [/quote]
And this thread, too, has run its course and is now locked. Please see my comment here regarding the LuminaxCon apparel set, our intent, and its availability. Thank you!

Aequorin wrote on 2021-04-06 09:55:55:
To give you some insight on the LuminaxCon apparel set, it was inspired by you, the community. We shouldn't have been surprised by the fact a game's player base would see a rampaging monstrosity of death and destruction and respond with "precious baby, must protect!" but we were.

One of our artists, further inspired by your enthusiasm for Luminax, created the items almost overnight and they were an instant hit internally. Many members of our team have been to conventions and your collective excitement for the undead imperial amalgam matched that same energy. This was our April Fool's Gift to you.

More than that, the LuminaxCon apparel set is our meta-joke and love letter to our community. Everyone was to and did receive one piece of the set, and the three pieces were added to the chests and Pinkerton. Doing so allows for all current, future, and returning players to acquire the full set through gameplay.

I hope this information helps to clarify our intent with the 2021 Marva gifts.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10