Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Really says it all, doesn't it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote]Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort. [/quote] [quote]I think it's important to keep in mind that not only were the bags given for free, but that the Marva items are largely meant to be fun, not for profit.[/quote]
Quote:
Hi, wondering why resale value matters for a thing we got for free with no effort.
Quote:
I think it's important to keep in mind that not only were the bags given for free, but that the Marva items are largely meant to be fun, not for profit.
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
I would have definitely preferred the plushie or the mascot over the lanyard, but in all honesty I'm far more likely to use the lanyard than the other two--especially the mascot. And I almost never find a use for Marva items anyway, lol.

It was a little disappointing to see the lanyard when I could have gotten either of the other items. But judging by the number of past Marva gifts I have in my hoard I'm not too worried. I'll get the other eventually, and then I'll grin and 'awwww' and probably never use it. But I will be pleased to have them when I do get them.
I would have definitely preferred the plushie or the mascot over the lanyard, but in all honesty I'm far more likely to use the lanyard than the other two--especially the mascot. And I almost never find a use for Marva items anyway, lol.

It was a little disappointing to see the lanyard when I could have gotten either of the other items. But judging by the number of past Marva gifts I have in my hoard I'm not too worried. I'll get the other eventually, and then I'll grin and 'awwww' and probably never use it. But I will be pleased to have them when I do get them.
[quote name="Xylom" date="2021-04-05 11:36:54" ] This is the same thing with the Ultimate buttersnake and the Phoenix from a few years back. People complained over getting "another buttersnake" when in the other egg was the Phoenix. [/quote] ^ I understand the feeling, but such is life, and such is rng, and the choices we make. Bois, take a deep breath, go water the plants or something and then come back. No need to be jealous of people who got lucky with the free apparel. They probably wouldn't sell it anyways, so there's no point in thinking about "the more gem value I could have had if I were them".
Xylom wrote on 2021-04-05 11:36:54:
This is the same thing with the Ultimate buttersnake and the Phoenix from a few years back. People complained over getting "another buttersnake" when in the other egg was the Phoenix.

^

I understand the feeling, but such is life, and such is rng, and the choices we make.

Bois, take a deep breath, go water the plants or something and then come back. No need to be jealous of people who got lucky with the free apparel. They probably wouldn't sell it anyways, so there's no point in thinking about "the more gem value I could have had if I were them".
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

[quote name="Dreamson" date="2021-04-05 15:03:21" ] not staff's fault you can't flip a completely free holiday item for 500g lol. [/quote] !!!!!!!!!
Dreamson wrote on 2021-04-05 15:03:21:
not staff's fault you can't flip a completely free holiday item for 500g lol.

!!!!!!!!!

earth.gif

stormseeker_caw_zps4vp6rapp.gif

8JUZVfh.png
zTn96gl.png

stormseeker_caw_inv_zpsmwflt9it.gif
I sold my two bags (yeah I got two) and I don't regret it, because I would've kept the Lanyard one if I had to, and since it's value is now at like 100g and I don't like it too much either, idc
and anyways, the value of the Plushie will lower in time (I hope)
I sold my two bags (yeah I got two) and I don't regret it, because I would've kept the Lanyard one if I had to, and since it's value is now at like 100g and I don't like it too much either, idc
and anyways, the value of the Plushie will lower in time (I hope)
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
I think part of the problem is that this is the first time staff has done something like this with the Marva items? That I can recall, anyway. It's not just down to a user's personal preference for one recolor over another, it's that they've been given a completely different item, and in this case, one that's much smaller and harder to see than the others and is therefore (even before taking ah prices into account) not equal in value.

The other Marva items have either all been recolors of each other (i.e. the sweaters), or have been slightly different but still in the same category (i.e. the eye apparel, paper masques)

The only similar one was with the egg that could give you either the Phoenix or Ultimate Buttersnake, but that's honestly down to personal preference as they were still both pretty neat, image-changing familiars.

I think part of the problem is that this is the first time staff has done something like this with the Marva items? That I can recall, anyway. It's not just down to a user's personal preference for one recolor over another, it's that they've been given a completely different item, and in this case, one that's much smaller and harder to see than the others and is therefore (even before taking ah prices into account) not equal in value.

The other Marva items have either all been recolors of each other (i.e. the sweaters), or have been slightly different but still in the same category (i.e. the eye apparel, paper masques)

The only similar one was with the egg that could give you either the Phoenix or Ultimate Buttersnake, but that's honestly down to personal preference as they were still both pretty neat, image-changing familiars.

Veo99mO.gifBfiB8Ka.pngkBpCOnb.pngwTBPG5s.pngSLGMeHq.pngexUrsEs.pngcedPG3i.pngypbGWNk.png
lBxYxId.png
i wake up and the plushies are 800g. when were they 500g. i do not want this mascot...
i wake up and the plushies are 800g. when were they 500g. i do not want this mascot...
BonsaiPixels.FR_2xPlanter.png wfuYhNt.gif sale trade lore wishlist

mwa82103691.png
Honestly yeah I get like.... being disappointed, because they ARE in comparison extremely underwhelming due to being small and not very flashy unlike the plushie or the mascot. But this does not mean it's an inherently bad item, or that you were cheated (out of a free gift no less), or it shouldn't exist or any of that. Like... personally?
I really like the Lanyard. Given the chance, I will get a Lanyard for the entire first tab of my lair, these are EXTREMELY useful for me and I love them for that! I love that I can now give all my little worker dragons a fake ID badge! I'll straight up by an extra apparel slot just to put it on them because this item has a lot of value to me- more value than the other two items. They have very limited usage. I would have been helped more by getting a Lanyard than the Mascot I got, even if the Mascot was a cool surprise.

So yeah yeah, good for me! My point is that it's a bit rude to call these items trash and rip-offs when the fact is that they just don't appeal to you personally. Your personal taste doesn't dictate how rude you're allowed to be towards staff when they've very much done nothing wrong. They've made mistakes, but this ain't it.

That said.... at least glad the mascot prices are high atm so I can trade mines in for a few lanyards....
Honestly yeah I get like.... being disappointed, because they ARE in comparison extremely underwhelming due to being small and not very flashy unlike the plushie or the mascot. But this does not mean it's an inherently bad item, or that you were cheated (out of a free gift no less), or it shouldn't exist or any of that. Like... personally?
I really like the Lanyard. Given the chance, I will get a Lanyard for the entire first tab of my lair, these are EXTREMELY useful for me and I love them for that! I love that I can now give all my little worker dragons a fake ID badge! I'll straight up by an extra apparel slot just to put it on them because this item has a lot of value to me- more value than the other two items. They have very limited usage. I would have been helped more by getting a Lanyard than the Mascot I got, even if the Mascot was a cool surprise.

So yeah yeah, good for me! My point is that it's a bit rude to call these items trash and rip-offs when the fact is that they just don't appeal to you personally. Your personal taste doesn't dictate how rude you're allowed to be towards staff when they've very much done nothing wrong. They've made mistakes, but this ain't it.

That said.... at least glad the mascot prices are high atm so I can trade mines in for a few lanyards....
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="JaviNiceDay" date="2021-04-05 11:42:47" ] [quote name="Xylom" date="2021-04-05 11:36:54" ] Plus they are added into the chests so there will always be new ones circulating. This is the result of any chance you take with Marva items and it's why people tend to save money all year to buy extras just in case. [/quote] [i]cough cough[/i] drop rates [i]cough cough[/i] [/quote] @JaviNiceDay Chests drop rapidly once you start bonding regularly with familiars. In a way you have a bigger pool of potential future chests than players who had awakened most their familiars. They just...accumulate in the hoard if you bond regularly.
JaviNiceDay wrote on 2021-04-05 11:42:47:
Xylom wrote on 2021-04-05 11:36:54:
Plus they are added into the chests so there will always be new ones circulating. This is the result of any chance you take with Marva items and it's why people tend to save money all year to buy extras just in case.
cough cough drop rates cough cough

@JaviNiceDay

Chests drop rapidly once you start bonding regularly with familiars. In a way you have a bigger pool of potential future chests than players who had awakened most their familiars. They just...accumulate in the hoard if you bond regularly.
OcyPyoj.png
The lanyard isn't objectively worse, only objectively smaller. That makes it better actually. Subtle apparel is better than bulky apparel.

Look I can state my opinions as facts too
The lanyard isn't objectively worse, only objectively smaller. That makes it better actually. Subtle apparel is better than bulky apparel.

Look I can state my opinions as facts too
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10