Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 76 77
Huh, this is an interesting way of filling out the bestiary and encouraging people to bond with familiars! Mostly I love Fiona's art - the bangles and crooked feathers go a long way towards cementing her personality as young and enthusiastic.

I really like the idea of more recolors, but my one concern with Fiona is - will she reward players who've already achieved Awakened with everything, or will some of her quests be unobtainable? Like if a quest is to get Inquisitive with a Windcarve Bladedancer and I already have Loyal, is that an auto-complete or am I unable to do that quest?

It just seems like the balance here might be hard to strike, creating milestones that don't require three months from a new player to complete while not locking out people who've already done the grind.

Hearing that the apparel backlog is 70% done for the next modern is great news! Genes take much less time to make.
Huh, this is an interesting way of filling out the bestiary and encouraging people to bond with familiars! Mostly I love Fiona's art - the bangles and crooked feathers go a long way towards cementing her personality as young and enthusiastic.

I really like the idea of more recolors, but my one concern with Fiona is - will she reward players who've already achieved Awakened with everything, or will some of her quests be unobtainable? Like if a quest is to get Inquisitive with a Windcarve Bladedancer and I already have Loyal, is that an auto-complete or am I unable to do that quest?

It just seems like the balance here might be hard to strike, creating milestones that don't require three months from a new player to complete while not locking out people who've already done the grind.

Hearing that the apparel backlog is 70% done for the next modern is great news! Genes take much less time to make.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Extremely excited for the new modern breed! [emoji=nocturne scared size=1] Fiona seems like a lovely and useful addition as well
Extremely excited for the new modern breed!
Fiona seems like a lovely and useful addition as well
_______ sxMU55W.png ___
e. off. | she - her | fr +2
search for a place to rest old bones

VIOLENT DELIGHTS HAVE VIOLENT ENDS
Wow! Love Fiona’s concept! Being able to bond with more familiars that I don’t have will be really cool! And the feat thing and recolour familiars seem neat too! [emoji=coatl star size=1] Also, skydancer at the trading post... Hope the new breed development is going well, and looking forward to everything! ^u^
Wow! Love Fiona’s concept! Being able to bond with more familiars that I don’t have will be really cool! And the feat thing and recolour familiars seem neat too!

Also, skydancer at the trading post...

Hope the new breed development is going well, and looking forward to everything! ^u^
[insert clever and witty comment here]

hey, come check out my fandragons :3
xH2YfAb.png C0YtY9S.gif q9EEy5M.png
FObX7rS.png
I7a1ndF.png
XmHV7tO.png
LRdLP2V.png
2VtxnMX.png
That's really great, I'm looking forward to it all.!

Though I'm a bit confused, is Fiona going to be a male or female.? I always thought that female SD have only one pair of antennae x'D or at least that's how it looks on the dragon art.
That's really great, I'm looking forward to it all.!

Though I'm a bit confused, is Fiona going to be a male or female.? I always thought that female SD have only one pair of antennae x'D or at least that's how it looks on the dragon art.
gLBzk2n.png Visit me at my art shop~
+9 hours ahead of FR time
School is kicking me over,
please be patient with me
My deviantArt~
♥ ♥ ♥
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-01-23 10:19:18" ] [quote name="Firtarian" date="2020-01-23 09:38:16" ] Also curious, will flattery include the ever elusive KS/downtime familiars???? Can I finally bond a BOOLEAN? [/quote] @/Firtarian, the Boolean will have a chance of showing up on Fiona's Flattery page. [/quote] oh my god??? that's so cool??? maybe one day i'll actually complete my bestiary LOL i still haven't decided if i want to keep all my awakened familiars or not... :thonk: i feel like i had a question but i can't remember it LOL... i'll come back if i remember it
Aequorin wrote on 2020-01-23 10:19:18:
Firtarian wrote on 2020-01-23 09:38:16:
Also curious, will flattery include the ever elusive KS/downtime familiars???? Can I finally bond a BOOLEAN?

@/Firtarian, the Boolean will have a chance of showing up on Fiona's Flattery page.

oh my god??? that's so cool??? maybe one day i'll actually complete my bestiary LOL

i still haven't decided if i want to keep all my awakened familiars or not... :thonk:

i feel like i had a question but i can't remember it LOL... i'll come back if i remember it
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Fiona's booth sounds ah-maze-ing! I can't wait. Familiars are one of my favourite parts of the game!!! I still may never own a CogFrog but knowing that I've at least got a way to pet one sometimes is a cheery bit of news!
Fiona's booth sounds ah-maze-ing! I can't wait. Familiars are one of my favourite parts of the game!!! I still may never own a CogFrog but knowing that I've at least got a way to pet one sometimes is a cheery bit of news!
new_eye_icon_13_x_90.png EbtKS.pngDustcarve_Crystal_Pedestal.gifold-oaks-2.png
Oh my gosh this is such a neat idea? I'm so excited about this new soon-to-be addition to the Trading Post, because the Feats part of it is legitimately such a good way to motivate players to bond with their familiars more! Plus it adds a lot more interactivity and fun to the action than just spam-clicking through your familiars and getting ridiculously small amounts of treasure until you manage to hit the milestone for the next chest / bonding level, because sometimes in the long stretches between getting some of the higher end chests, familiar-bonding is really tedious / a chore! Also, the idea of exclusive familiars to it seems really fun in my opinion. I'm glad I've already been trying to crack down on bonding with all of my familiars haha.

I think the Flattery option also sounds really neat, and it's mostly because of being able to bond with familiars you don't have? My question is, do chests still drop from those familiars if you manage to fill out one of the bars (so say you've bonded with a Wary four times where you'd normally get a chest on the fifth day)? Or does it keep them and only reward you with them once you've actually unlocked that familiar on your account? (EDIT: Oh! Looks like this got answered as I was typing up my post, very nice! :D) Either way this is a great option for the Kickstarter / Beta tester familiars, or even the retired ones from previous festivals and events (such as downtime / maintenance). I'm really looking forwards to this feature; it sounds fantastic! :D

Thank you staff for all your hard work, and best of luck to the hard-working artists on the 30% left to go for the apparel backlog. I imagine once that gets done, the remaining artwork is going to be a really smooth / quick progress. Really exciting!

Also... y'all. "Fiona's Fantastic Familiars" + "Feats" + "Flattery" = y'all just really heckin' like alliteration a lot, don't ya? Honestly I do too, but this is hilarious. I can't even. I really weirdly appreciate the alliterative names for all the Trading Post shenanigans, it's great and y'all are a riot. x'D
Oh my gosh this is such a neat idea? I'm so excited about this new soon-to-be addition to the Trading Post, because the Feats part of it is legitimately such a good way to motivate players to bond with their familiars more! Plus it adds a lot more interactivity and fun to the action than just spam-clicking through your familiars and getting ridiculously small amounts of treasure until you manage to hit the milestone for the next chest / bonding level, because sometimes in the long stretches between getting some of the higher end chests, familiar-bonding is really tedious / a chore! Also, the idea of exclusive familiars to it seems really fun in my opinion. I'm glad I've already been trying to crack down on bonding with all of my familiars haha.

I think the Flattery option also sounds really neat, and it's mostly because of being able to bond with familiars you don't have? My question is, do chests still drop from those familiars if you manage to fill out one of the bars (so say you've bonded with a Wary four times where you'd normally get a chest on the fifth day)? Or does it keep them and only reward you with them once you've actually unlocked that familiar on your account? (EDIT: Oh! Looks like this got answered as I was typing up my post, very nice! :D) Either way this is a great option for the Kickstarter / Beta tester familiars, or even the retired ones from previous festivals and events (such as downtime / maintenance). I'm really looking forwards to this feature; it sounds fantastic! :D

Thank you staff for all your hard work, and best of luck to the hard-working artists on the 30% left to go for the apparel backlog. I imagine once that gets done, the remaining artwork is going to be a really smooth / quick progress. Really exciting!

Also... y'all. "Fiona's Fantastic Familiars" + "Feats" + "Flattery" = y'all just really heckin' like alliteration a lot, don't ya? Honestly I do too, but this is hilarious. I can't even. I really weirdly appreciate the alliterative names for all the Trading Post shenanigans, it's great and y'all are a riot. x'D
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
Will familiars paired with dragons in the hibernal den receive the bonus for being paired with a dragon, since they can’t be bonded with normally?
Will familiars paired with dragons in the hibernal den receive the bonus for being paired with a dragon, since they can’t be bonded with normally?
R4n9TxT.png
Can bonding with the familiars you own please be made more convenient and less of a clickfest?
Can bonding with the familiars you own please be made more convenient and less of a clickfest?
Lightning flight, she/her.
So it's like den tasks but for familiars, with items as rewards instead of den slots? Seems neat :v
One question though: When you bond with a familiar you don't own, do you still get the treasure and chests as you would if you did own it?
(sorry if this was already made clear in the main post, im not great with reading)
Also a new breed is exciting, I cant wait :o
So it's like den tasks but for familiars, with items as rewards instead of den slots? Seems neat :v
One question though: When you bond with a familiar you don't own, do you still get the treasure and chests as you would if you did own it?
(sorry if this was already made clear in the main post, im not great with reading)
Also a new breed is exciting, I cant wait :o
she/they | +0 fr time
wishlistbadgesadoptshatchery
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 76 77