Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 76 77
A new NPC? Time to add another NPC dragon to my list.

The new bonding system looks neat. This should at least solve the Light Sprite problem for most folks. Hope this includes the KS/Downtime familiars and Boolean for those who wish to complete their Bestiary.
A new NPC? Time to add another NPC dragon to my list.

The new bonding system looks neat. This should at least solve the Light Sprite problem for most folks. Hope this includes the KS/Downtime familiars and Boolean for those who wish to complete their Bestiary.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
H Y P E ! ! !
H Y P E ! ! !
y5opRlk.gif
[quote name="shadowliepard" date="2020-01-23 10:32:47" ] Can bonding with the familiars you own please be made more convenient and less of a clickfest? [/quote] There's a couple reasons the bond function is the way it is. -The time investment discourages everyone from doing it? This might sound a bit backwards, but chests generate a lot of gems and there are [I]lots[/I] of familiars available now. Even ignoring boss/gem/retired familiars, a player who has yet to do their bestiary can pretty quickly get their hands on 400 familiars from the coliseum and cheap NOTN/gather sells. If you make it a one-click process or an otherwise 'easily bond with all your familiars at once' interface, this translates to 800 iron chests and 400 gilded chests in three months - iron giving 1-5 gems apiece and gilded giving 10-20. It's better for the economy for chests to be obtained gradually and for them to be gated behind a time investment. -Similar to the gem dump, being able to bond with all familiars immediately gives people an incentive to bond with familiars that are already awakened/'done.' In this case, it favors older players. I've got 777 familiars right now, and let's say 750 of them are awakened. That's 37500 treasure a day that I currently don't bother to click for (besides the ones attached to my dragons) because there's no longer term reward behind them. That's half the fairgrounds cap. -The current way of doing it generates a [I]lot[/I] of ad revenue, which is necessary for the site to keep chugging along. The current interface is grindy, and going through ~150 familiars per day is pretty tiring, but the arrow key function they added made it a [I]lot[/I] easier from how it was before. Edit: @Xhaztol Ah, sorry for not catching that earlier! But I very much appreciate the answer. Looking forward to Fiona's grand debut!
shadowliepard wrote on 2020-01-23 10:32:47:
Can bonding with the familiars you own please be made more convenient and less of a clickfest?
There's a couple reasons the bond function is the way it is.

-The time investment discourages everyone from doing it? This might sound a bit backwards, but chests generate a lot of gems and there are lots of familiars available now. Even ignoring boss/gem/retired familiars, a player who has yet to do their bestiary can pretty quickly get their hands on 400 familiars from the coliseum and cheap NOTN/gather sells. If you make it a one-click process or an otherwise 'easily bond with all your familiars at once' interface, this translates to 800 iron chests and 400 gilded chests in three months - iron giving 1-5 gems apiece and gilded giving 10-20. It's better for the economy for chests to be obtained gradually and for them to be gated behind a time investment.

-Similar to the gem dump, being able to bond with all familiars immediately gives people an incentive to bond with familiars that are already awakened/'done.' In this case, it favors older players. I've got 777 familiars right now, and let's say 750 of them are awakened. That's 37500 treasure a day that I currently don't bother to click for (besides the ones attached to my dragons) because there's no longer term reward behind them. That's half the fairgrounds cap.

-The current way of doing it generates a lot of ad revenue, which is necessary for the site to keep chugging along.

The current interface is grindy, and going through ~150 familiars per day is pretty tiring, but the arrow key function they added made it a lot easier from how it was before.

Edit: @Xhaztol Ah, sorry for not catching that earlier! But I very much appreciate the answer. Looking forward to Fiona's grand debut!
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I really love the idea of Fiona's flattery page, it's a great alternative to saving up gems for completionists like me!

I also really like the way you've shared the milestones on the new breed. Really gives me an idea of how you're doing, and helps me adjust my hype accordingly. Transparency always helps!
I really love the idea of Fiona's flattery page, it's a great alternative to saving up gems for completionists like me!

I also really like the way you've shared the milestones on the new breed. Really gives me an idea of how you're doing, and helps me adjust my hype accordingly. Transparency always helps!
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
With a bestiary that I'm pretty far on it's a relief to get the chance to fill up the last slots (boolean, ks familiars, etc) without having to own them! Also the Feats feature sounds amazing (especially if I can finish some of the tasks when it's released)

New breed sounds amazing too, doesn't seem to be *too* long until it's released

I still hoped we'd get anything about the map though...
With a bestiary that I'm pretty far on it's a relief to get the chance to fill up the last slots (boolean, ks familiars, etc) without having to own them! Also the Feats feature sounds amazing (especially if I can finish some of the tasks when it's released)

New breed sounds amazing too, doesn't seem to be *too* long until it's released

I still hoped we'd get anything about the map though...
This will make bonding with familiars more worth it! Niiiiice

Also NEW BREED AAAAAAAAAAA
This will make bonding with familiars more worth it! Niiiiice

Also NEW BREED AAAAAAAAAAA
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
yes yes I am happy :D
yes yes I am happy :D
that sparklespore moth looks so good omg
i love fionas design too. gremlin energy
flattery looks AMAZING holy Heck!!!!! i cant wait
cant wait for the new breed!!! next anniversary perhaps? :eye:
that sparklespore moth looks so good omg
i love fionas design too. gremlin energy
flattery looks AMAZING holy Heck!!!!! i cant wait
cant wait for the new breed!!! next anniversary perhaps? :eye:
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
oh get HYPE Modern Breed update information is so good to hear you don't even know

70% of the Apparel done is MASSIVE and I appreciate the prioritizing of that ahead of Genes a lot. The artists are on a roll!!

I'm sure hatchling genes count for 33% of the work, so since that hasn't been done yet I'm super cool with it only being 20% done. If you think of it adult wise, that's more like 10 out of 30 genes done and that's pretty impressive. Really looking forward to another breed to have a Forever Baby for though! Scroll of Eternal Youth here I come...
oh get HYPE Modern Breed update information is so good to hear you don't even know

70% of the Apparel done is MASSIVE and I appreciate the prioritizing of that ahead of Genes a lot. The artists are on a roll!!

I'm sure hatchling genes count for 33% of the work, so since that hasn't been done yet I'm super cool with it only being 20% done. If you think of it adult wise, that's more like 10 out of 30 genes done and that's pretty impressive. Really looking forward to another breed to have a Forever Baby for though! Scroll of Eternal Youth here I come...
N7s52yS.png
rvqpHnK.png
ZVtBKLa.pngyIM8wBR.png
Very excited about Fiona!

Also, I humbly would like to request that whatever the new breed hatchlings look like, please make them incredibly adorable.
Very excited about Fiona!

Also, I humbly would like to request that whatever the new breed hatchlings look like, please make them incredibly adorable.
n2PHQa3.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 76 77