Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Fiona's Fantastic Familiars
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76 77
I get that you're trying to add extra pomp to make it seem like a Feature™ and whatever, but...this is the exact opposite of what folks who want to fill out those unobtainable spots in their bestiary want.

Just let us bond with the empty spot in our bestiary, direct from the bestiary, for zero monetary gain.

All I want - all most bestiary completionists want - is an empty Undiscovered tab.

That's it. That's all I care about.

All this pomp and RNG is more troublesome than just putting a bond button on the undiscovered tab.
I get that you're trying to add extra pomp to make it seem like a Feature™ and whatever, but...this is the exact opposite of what folks who want to fill out those unobtainable spots in their bestiary want.

Just let us bond with the empty spot in our bestiary, direct from the bestiary, for zero monetary gain.

All I want - all most bestiary completionists want - is an empty Undiscovered tab.

All this pomp and RNG is more troublesome than just putting a bond button on the undiscovered tab.
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
I already love it!

With Fiona I'll have even more familiars to collect! And the bonding is a great idea for both old and new users~
I already love it!

With Fiona I'll have even more familiars to collect! And the bonding is a great idea for both old and new users~
BEXx3Jf.gif F9Q5MgG.gif v0bd3FH.png
Egg-cellent Hoarding Idea
Wishlist [WIP]
I would die for Fiona :0
I would die for Fiona :0
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Oooh fiona's familiars would honestly be such a cool feature to be added and an easy way to see some new familiars without use of the beastiary or encyclopedia!
Super excited for the new modern breed too.

Also i love these upsates yall give it makes it feels like the staff are super engaged in the website which makes me happy.
Oooh fiona's familiars would honestly be such a cool feature to be added and an easy way to see some new familiars without use of the beastiary or encyclopedia!
Super excited for the new modern breed too.

Also i love these upsates yall give it makes it feels like the staff are super engaged in the website which makes me happy.
y3NW8md.gif~(‾â–¿‾~)Shake It(~‾â–¿‾)~ y3NW8md.gif
Mmm, I really hope the bonding is retroactively applied.

Can't wait to see the new modern breed!
Mmm, I really hope the bonding is retroactively applied.

Can't wait to see the new modern breed!
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[img]https://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=7930b5]Even if her current look may not be the final one, I love Fiona's outfit and colors so much~ Edit: [quote name="@Antimoany" date="2020-01-23 10:04:17" ] I get that you're trying to add extra pomp to make it seem like a Feature™ and whatever, but...this is the exact opposite of what folks who want to fill out those unobtainable spots in their bestiary want. Just let us bond with the empty spot in our bestiary, direct from the bestiary, for zero monetary gain. All I want - all most bestiary completionists want - is an empty Undiscovered tab. That's it. That's all I care about. All this pomp and RNG is more troublesome than just putting a bond button on the undiscovered tab. [/quote] [quote][list][*]If a familiar is one you currently own and have paired to a dragon, interacting with it here will perform the normal bond function as if you had done it from the paired dragon's profile. [*]If a familiar is one you currently don't own, interacting with it here will perform a normal bond function, granting you bond level progress for that familiar family without needing to have the item at all. If you were to obtain the familiar as an item later, that progress would be retained. The goal of the Flattery page is to allow more of our community the ability to incrementally increase their bond level with familiars they may not have the ability to acquire (either through time investment, treasure, gems, or familiar exclusivity/retirement). This serves a double purpose: allowing everyone to make more progress toward feats that may feature those missing familiars, and providing another method of "filling out" the Bestiary. [/quote] [color=7930b5]What I'm reading from this is we get the chance to get extra money, that we may be able to use towards gaining more elusive familiars, which will also leave us with less time awakening that famliar later. Also, checking the Bestiary, "Discovered: Familiars you currently own [b]or have achieved a bond status of awakened.[/b]" Which means that if you manage to awaken a familiar you don't have by visiting Fiona, that familiar will leave the Undiscovered tab. I can see your point, but I feel that putting a bond button directly in the Undiscovered tab would ruin the point of trying to collect things. You take time to earn your reward through Fiona, or Fiona boosts your money enough so you can buy that elusive familiar. I don't wanna say it "keeps things fair", because I agree, RNG isn't fair, but this would still be a better choice than completely tossing randomization out the window.
7xmmeMg.png
Even if her current look may not be the final one, I love Fiona's outfit and colors so much~

Edit:
@Antimoany wrote on 2020-01-23 10:04:17:

Quote:
  • If a familiar is one you currently own and have paired to a dragon, interacting with it here will perform the normal bond function as if you had done it from the paired dragon's profile.
  • If a familiar is one you currently don't own, interacting with it here will perform a normal bond function, granting you bond level progress for that familiar family without needing to have the item at all. If you were to obtain the familiar as an item later, that progress would be retained.

The goal of the Flattery page is to allow more of our community the ability to incrementally increase their bond level with familiars they may not have the ability to acquire (either through time investment, treasure, gems, or familiar exclusivity/retirement). This serves a double purpose: allowing everyone to make more progress toward feats that may feature those missing familiars, and providing another method of "filling out" the Bestiary.
What I'm reading from this is we get the chance to get extra money, that we may be able to use towards gaining more elusive familiars, which will also leave us with less time awakening that famliar later.

Also, checking the Bestiary,
"Discovered: Familiars you currently own or have achieved a bond status of awakened." Which means that if you manage to awaken a familiar you don't have by visiting Fiona, that familiar will leave the Undiscovered tab.

I can see your point, but I feel that putting a bond button directly in the Undiscovered tab would ruin the point of trying to collect things. You take time to earn your reward through Fiona, or Fiona boosts your money enough so you can buy that elusive familiar. I don't wanna say it "keeps things fair", because I agree, RNG isn't fair, but this would still be a better choice than completely tossing randomization out the window.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
I can't wait for Fiona's Fantastic Familiars! :D
I can't wait for Fiona's Fantastic Familiars! :D
tumblr_inline_od6kgtJjsY1ts73zp_540.png1c91923a-ef6b-11e5-98f4-2d9b8664c5dc.gifeWi1I2D.png
Ooh, excitement! (now comes the inevitable 100 FRD posts obsessing over the new NPC...) Also -- A NEW MODERN BREED?? [emoji=tundra love size=2]
Ooh, excitement! (now comes the inevitable 100 FRD posts obsessing over the new NPC...)

Also -- A NEW MODERN BREED??
21554.png 1075.png 23814.png Pine
Earth Flight
A lady who loves
dragons and history.
Sporadically active.
I am VERY happy about this update. Thank you so much, team, for everything you do!!!!! You are so involved in your own community and it makes me very happy to see.
I am VERY happy about this update. Thank you so much, team, for everything you do!!!!! You are so involved in your own community and it makes me very happy to see.
i have an art shop,,, check it out boos
much love,,
i know it's just a prototype but fiona's colours are gorgeous please don't change them
i know it's just a prototype but fiona's colours are gorgeous please don't change them
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers