Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 72 73
Heya!

Not sure if this is the place to report it, and I only realized it was a problem after I clicked the captcha, but:

I just got a captcha where I was able to distinguish each image. The dragon was clearly a pink-hued male Wildclaw with a reddish crackle, rotated 90 degrees to the left and image flipped. I clicked the dragon's thigh, and immediately got another captcha, indicating that I had been incorrect.

Obviously, I have no proof, but then, I hadn't thought to screenshot because I was confident that I was correct. So... chalk this one up to "I chose the dragon, and still got the captcha wrong".
Heya!

Not sure if this is the place to report it, and I only realized it was a problem after I clicked the captcha, but:

I just got a captcha where I was able to distinguish each image. The dragon was clearly a pink-hued male Wildclaw with a reddish crackle, rotated 90 degrees to the left and image flipped. I clicked the dragon's thigh, and immediately got another captcha, indicating that I had been incorrect.

Obviously, I have no proof, but then, I hadn't thought to screenshot because I was confident that I was correct. So... chalk this one up to "I chose the dragon, and still got the captcha wrong".
Z3Lt3uB.png accessibilitysmallest.png
Captchas have been aggravating to say the least. I just got locked out of the Coli for the first time because I couldn't distinguish the saturated blobs from one another, and even when I did recognize the dragons it was still marked incorrect.

While the Coli revamp has fixed some important issues, I find myself wishing for the old one. I could grind faster, not be frustrated repeatedly by captchas, and even locked out from grinding during a holiday (for an undisclosed amount of time) because of issues. There's been some good suggestions to alleviate some of the problems, but right now I'm feeling pretty done with the Coli period.
Captchas have been aggravating to say the least. I just got locked out of the Coli for the first time because I couldn't distinguish the saturated blobs from one another, and even when I did recognize the dragons it was still marked incorrect.

While the Coli revamp has fixed some important issues, I find myself wishing for the old one. I could grind faster, not be frustrated repeatedly by captchas, and even locked out from grinding during a holiday (for an undisclosed amount of time) because of issues. There's been some good suggestions to alleviate some of the problems, but right now I'm feeling pretty done with the Coli period.
ccDyspX.png
If the staffs are reading this thread, I have a suggestion: could the new captcha be keyboard-controlled too? Something like typing in a certain streak of keys (preferably "asdwqer", which allows keyboard players to do the captcha without using the mouse. )

If you guys intend to keep the current captcha, perhaps put a cursor on the screen, which can be keyboard-controlled?
If the staffs are reading this thread, I have a suggestion: could the new captcha be keyboard-controlled too? Something like typing in a certain streak of keys (preferably "asdwqer", which allows keyboard players to do the captcha without using the mouse. )

If you guys intend to keep the current captcha, perhaps put a cursor on the screen, which can be keyboard-controlled?
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
Things an Updated Captcha Needs:
  • plain, solid color background
  • upright, unflipped images
  • better resolution (zoom button does nothing without a res increase)
  • no dragon-like familiar images (if it has legs, wings, and a tail, brain says it's a dragon)
  • only pull images of exalted dragons so they aren't ******* covered in apparel

Granted, this is only if we keep a visual captcha. Absolutely feel free to explore captcha ideas that don't rely so heavily on one's ability to recognize and process difficult images.
Things an Updated Captcha Needs:
  • plain, solid color background
  • upright, unflipped images
  • better resolution (zoom button does nothing without a res increase)
  • no dragon-like familiar images (if it has legs, wings, and a tail, brain says it's a dragon)
  • only pull images of exalted dragons so they aren't ******* covered in apparel

Granted, this is only if we keep a visual captcha. Absolutely feel free to explore captcha ideas that don't rely so heavily on one's ability to recognize and process difficult images.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
I suggested at least putting like white border around it, because I get way too often dragon and background pretty much se color :/
I suggested at least putting like white border around it, because I get way too often dragon and background pretty much se color :/
+9 FR time
[quote name="@Gheron" date="2018-03-27 19:18:25" ] Heya! Not sure if this is the place to report it, and I only realized it was a problem after I clicked the captcha, but: I just got a captcha where I was able to distinguish each image. The dragon was clearly a pink-hued male Wildclaw with a reddish crackle, rotated 90 degrees to the left and image flipped. I clicked the dragon's thigh, and immediately got another captcha, indicating that I had been incorrect. Obviously, I have no proof, but then, I hadn't thought to screenshot because I was confident that I was correct. So... chalk this one up to "I chose the dragon, and still got the captcha wrong". [/quote] Many of us have experienced this, so it's good to add more instances to the growing catalog.
@Gheron wrote on 2018-03-27 19:18:25:
Heya!

Many of us have experienced this, so it's good to add more instances to the growing catalog.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
speaking of things that look like dragons but aren't, I present you the [item=manticore] (plus recolors) and adult male tundra. which I know I have seen on a captcha as a non dragon option
speaking of things that look like dragons but aren't, I present you the Manticore (plus recolors) and adult male tundra.

which I know I have seen on a captcha as a non dragon option

Hey no offense but uh... [img]http://oi63.tinypic.com/2hx5z53.jpg[/img] ...is this dragon wearing a [i]fricken skin.[/i]
Hey no offense but uh...

2hx5z53.jpg

...is this dragon wearing a fricken skin.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
The frequency of the captchas needs work. I just did a quick grinding session in the Woodland Path. I timed it: ten minutes. In ten minutes, I got five captchas. That's an interruption every two minutes. That's way. too. frequent.

On three of the five of those obnoxious interruptions, I could not immediately identify the dragon. One dragon was dark-colored on a dark background, so it blended in. The others, the background was so busy and color-saturated that I couldn't visually parse the foreground items.

The frequency and being forced to hunt for the foreground items is super. aggravating, and then the "rewards" for completing the captcha are useless.

It's like they're intentionally punishing us.
The frequency of the captchas needs work. I just did a quick grinding session in the Woodland Path. I timed it: ten minutes. In ten minutes, I got five captchas. That's an interruption every two minutes. That's way. too. frequent.

On three of the five of those obnoxious interruptions, I could not immediately identify the dragon. One dragon was dark-colored on a dark background, so it blended in. The others, the background was so busy and color-saturated that I couldn't visually parse the foreground items.

The frequency and being forced to hunt for the foreground items is super. aggravating, and then the "rewards" for completing the captcha are useless.

It's like they're intentionally punishing us.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
I'm so glad this thread has continued to gain traction. I'm still so happy I'm not the only one upset about this.

I feel like this thread has gone on for a while and has consistantly been replied to and commented on. Not to mention this thread isn't the only place where people have made their issues known regarding coliseum.

I got very lucky. I got new glasses in recently, and I can get away with grinding. Though I have to stop frequently due to headaches and the captchas don't really help with this.

I said it once and I'll continue saying it, this is unacceptable.

Some of us are colorblind. Some of us have failing vision. Some of us are perfectly healthy and still struggle.

I would really just like some staff member or even a moderator to say that they at least know this was an issue.
I'm so glad this thread has continued to gain traction. I'm still so happy I'm not the only one upset about this.

I feel like this thread has gone on for a while and has consistantly been replied to and commented on. Not to mention this thread isn't the only place where people have made their issues known regarding coliseum.

I got very lucky. I got new glasses in recently, and I can get away with grinding. Though I have to stop frequently due to headaches and the captchas don't really help with this.

I said it once and I'll continue saying it, this is unacceptable.

Some of us are colorblind. Some of us have failing vision. Some of us are perfectly healthy and still struggle.

I would really just like some staff member or even a moderator to say that they at least know this was an issue.
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 72 73