Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | McAlli's Bio Shop (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Note, 9/8/2016: My computer is currently having a lot of trouble, and has been restarting itself a lot without warning. I've been addressing error messages for days and still haven't found the source of the problem. I'm not going to be online a whole bunch until this problem is fixed. If you currently have commissions open with me, I'm so sorry for the long wait, and I will try to get your bios to you in a timely manner. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for anyone waiting one me!

~~

Hello! Welcome to my terribly bland art-sales thread. Thanks for checking it out!

Flight Rising is a wonderfully rich and creative community, and I've seen such incredible lore-rich clans that it inspired me to begin writing my own. Writing is my talent and my most treasured hobby, so I decided to open an Art Shop where I could help people with their dragon biographies.
Why should I commission you?

I've been writing for 10+ years, and attended college specifically for Literature and Creative Writing. I've been freelancing for about a year, writing music reviews for an LGBT friendly online magazine and for various companies who contact me to write for their products. I have multiple novels in progress (trying hard to finish them, lol).

What kind of stuff do you write?

Ironically, I'm a fantasy buff. Or maybe it's not ironic, since we're all hanging out here on a dragon-based website. I very much enjoy this particular flavor of media, so this is where I've focused on building my strengths.

Can I see some samples?

Absolutely! I wouldn't ask you to commission me without showing you what I'm capable of! My samples are below, used as examples of length in the pricing section!

Alright, what are you asking for?

After much deliberation, I've come up with this rough pricing chart.

Per Dragon:
Short: 10-20kt
Medium: 20-60kt
Long: 60-100+kt

Update 7/25/2016: With the Gem:Treasure ratio kind of skyrocketing, I've decided to cap my own ratio for the shop at 1:600. Mixed payments are welcome!

During Festivals, I'll also accept partial payments of Festival Currency, but only for Short Bios.

Here are examples and samples!

Short: (My first Clan Leader's bio (now exalted))
Quote:
The name "Onikaan" roughly translates into "Wisdom".

She is the Matriarch of the Clan. Quiet, regal, and stern, Onikaan is respected by her clan members for her strong will and stronger sense of duty. Though she is young compared to many other clan leaders, Onikaan is no less adept in her duties. She organizes her clan carefully and looks after every member.

Onikaan is a bit of an anomaly. Her youth presents many questions as to her right to claim her Matriarch status, which is added upon by the unknown origin of her crown of bones. It is her most prized possession. Onikaan refuses to reveal how she came to have it, or the scars that mar her right flank. Her collar and bracelets are second-hand, given to her by some unknown Dragon, perhaps a previous Matriarch, but it is those that solidify her place at the head of the clan.

She is mated to Glitch, officially, but may take other patrons for breeding purposes.

Medium: (The Progen of my sister, TroublesomeBread)
Quote:
Flutter is the prized only hatchling of a loving Fae couple. They doted on her, trying to instill her with manners and principles that would help her grow into a responsible dragon.

She is everything they wanted her to be: gentle, dainty, and kind.

In her home Clan, Flutter helped looking after the Hatchlings, teaching them their letters and numbers. Being soft-spoken helped her calm the more unruly little ones. Every touch from her was a gentle and soothing gesture. When she was not tending to the hatchlings, she was busy in the Clan shrines, cleaning and lighting candles.

Her passion is literature, notably in the history genre. Growing up in an Ancient Earth Lair, nestled near the Pillar of the World, the importance of the Deities and their Ancestors was a central teaching. Each morning was dedicated to praying at the Shrine dedicated to the Earthshaker, reciting the mantras that had been passed down through the Clan Elders for ages.

"We will be here when all else crumbles,
We are the Pillar of the World,
We are the stone, the earth, the strong,
We formed the earth, we formed the world,
And we will be here when all else crumbles."

Perhaps it was Flutter's perfection that doomed her. One day, while she was throwing away old candle stubs and dumping out soiled bathwater, she met a Mirror named Gemwing. He was traveling alone and exhausted from his journey. She tended to him, retrieving him food and water and bandages for his wounds. It didn't take her long to care intensely for him, but the Clan would not allow a Mirror among them. The gentle, dainty Fae could not imagine having a ferocious spawn of the Plaguebringer in their midst. Flutter's affection for the Mirror offended her parents. How could their sweet little angel fall for such a brute? But Flutter refused to try and brush her feelings away -- she knew the truth of the lone Gemwing, the truth that her parents and Clan could not.

Gemwing planned quickly to move on, not wanting to face any wrath from the Clan of Fae. Flutter, suffering from love-at-first-sight, decided to run away with him. In the dead of night, she and Gemwing left the Pillar of the World. During their travels, they became increasingly close. Flutter proposed tending a nest together, and Gemwing agreed. They created a lair in the Shattered Plain, with the blessing of the Earthshaker. Soon after, they were blessed with two eggs -- their first and beloved hatchlings.

Long: (written for DiamondSuits)

It's quite long, so here is a link: http://sta.sh/0ekqa7f51fn

Can I haggle with you?

Absolutely! These are ranges, and we can talk about where to comfortably settle for the both of us. There are also a few points that will change the pricing a bit. You are basically paying me for the effort put forth. So, your commission will be more expensive if I'm creating everything from scratch. If you have lore already created for me to work with, or if you already have some base personality traits and life milestones for the dragon I am writing for, the commission will be cheaper. More expensive commissions will include more detail and more information, such as what the dragon does for a living, information about their parents, children, and/or siblings, if they've traveled, what their clan life is like, etc. The price will correspond with the effort and length as best as I am able to judge.

I might consider taking skins/items/Familiars for payment, if they can be sold for equal value.

Once I pay you, is this content mine?

Yes. Once I have received payment for the commission, what I have written now belongs to you. You can show it off however you wish, edit it as things change, etc. However. You must always give me credit. A simple (Written By: McAlli) at the bottom of the bio is fine. You must not claim that you wrote it. That's super unfair.

If I check up on a Bio I've made for you and see that you haven't credited me, I'll send a message to remind you. People forget sometimes. If you refuse, or later delete the credit again, I reserve the right to refuse your business should you commission me again..

How do we get this started?

I'm going to open five slots at a time. Ping me to sign up for a slot, and I'll put you on the list. Then I will PM you to get the details of the dragon bio(s) you want.
Once I'm finished writing, I will PM you the work. If you're happy with it, then you pay me our agreed amount, and done! If you're not happy with it, please offer revisions or additions. I will not charge for revisions, but I may charge for additions depending on how bulky the additions are.

Can I commission you more than once/for more than one dragon?

Of course! You can commission as many dragon bios from me as you want -- you will only take up one slot. However, multiple dragon commissions will take more time, and people who fill slots after you may be served first depending on the workload. And remember, the prices are per dragon, not per slot.

Edit: As of 3/3/2016, I've decided that it's more lucrative to accept only three dragons per slot at a time. As in, you may ask me to write for three dragons and that will take up one slot. If you need more dragons than that, you will be put on the end of the wait-list and will have to wait your turn again. (Hope this makes sense!)

If you commission me for a dragon bio, and then commission me for an addition on that same bio at a later date, I will give you a discount. Ex: I wrote a bio for your Progen. A few weeks later, your Progen's story progresses and needs the new information. You can commission me to tack on the extra, keeping the writing style intact, and I'll charge a considerably less amount (less than a short bio price), for that addition. This does NOT apply to additions made before the payment of the original bio.

Please have at least the minimum price in your selected range stashed away before you ping me for a slot.

Please ping me (@McAlli) if you are interested!

UPDATE: Thanks to some help from friends, I'm now able to offer a Bio Template! Unfortunately, I'm only currently able to offer one, but for those of you who would like a simple but interesting template for their bios, I'm offering them for just an extra 2,000 treasure!

The Template includes the dragon's name, three chosen personality traits, their role within the clan if they have one, a flag denoting their Element, and chosen items that pertain to them!
If you'd like some examples, please take a look at my Dragons Briinah, Fickle, and Iraneth !
Note, 9/8/2016: My computer is currently having a lot of trouble, and has been restarting itself a lot without warning. I've been addressing error messages for days and still haven't found the source of the problem. I'm not going to be online a whole bunch until this problem is fixed. If you currently have commissions open with me, I'm so sorry for the long wait, and I will try to get your bios to you in a timely manner. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for anyone waiting one me!

~~

Hello! Welcome to my terribly bland art-sales thread. Thanks for checking it out!

Flight Rising is a wonderfully rich and creative community, and I've seen such incredible lore-rich clans that it inspired me to begin writing my own. Writing is my talent and my most treasured hobby, so I decided to open an Art Shop where I could help people with their dragon biographies.
Why should I commission you?

I've been writing for 10+ years, and attended college specifically for Literature and Creative Writing. I've been freelancing for about a year, writing music reviews for an LGBT friendly online magazine and for various companies who contact me to write for their products. I have multiple novels in progress (trying hard to finish them, lol).

What kind of stuff do you write?

Ironically, I'm a fantasy buff. Or maybe it's not ironic, since we're all hanging out here on a dragon-based website. I very much enjoy this particular flavor of media, so this is where I've focused on building my strengths.

Can I see some samples?

Absolutely! I wouldn't ask you to commission me without showing you what I'm capable of! My samples are below, used as examples of length in the pricing section!

Alright, what are you asking for?

After much deliberation, I've come up with this rough pricing chart.

Per Dragon:
Short: 10-20kt
Medium: 20-60kt
Long: 60-100+kt

Update 7/25/2016: With the Gem:Treasure ratio kind of skyrocketing, I've decided to cap my own ratio for the shop at 1:600. Mixed payments are welcome!

During Festivals, I'll also accept partial payments of Festival Currency, but only for Short Bios.

Here are examples and samples!

Short: (My first Clan Leader's bio (now exalted))
Quote:
The name "Onikaan" roughly translates into "Wisdom".

She is the Matriarch of the Clan. Quiet, regal, and stern, Onikaan is respected by her clan members for her strong will and stronger sense of duty. Though she is young compared to many other clan leaders, Onikaan is no less adept in her duties. She organizes her clan carefully and looks after every member.

Onikaan is a bit of an anomaly. Her youth presents many questions as to her right to claim her Matriarch status, which is added upon by the unknown origin of her crown of bones. It is her most prized possession. Onikaan refuses to reveal how she came to have it, or the scars that mar her right flank. Her collar and bracelets are second-hand, given to her by some unknown Dragon, perhaps a previous Matriarch, but it is those that solidify her place at the head of the clan.

She is mated to Glitch, officially, but may take other patrons for breeding purposes.

Medium: (The Progen of my sister, TroublesomeBread)
Quote:
Flutter is the prized only hatchling of a loving Fae couple. They doted on her, trying to instill her with manners and principles that would help her grow into a responsible dragon.

She is everything they wanted her to be: gentle, dainty, and kind.

In her home Clan, Flutter helped looking after the Hatchlings, teaching them their letters and numbers. Being soft-spoken helped her calm the more unruly little ones. Every touch from her was a gentle and soothing gesture. When she was not tending to the hatchlings, she was busy in the Clan shrines, cleaning and lighting candles.

Her passion is literature, notably in the history genre. Growing up in an Ancient Earth Lair, nestled near the Pillar of the World, the importance of the Deities and their Ancestors was a central teaching. Each morning was dedicated to praying at the Shrine dedicated to the Earthshaker, reciting the mantras that had been passed down through the Clan Elders for ages.

"We will be here when all else crumbles,
We are the Pillar of the World,
We are the stone, the earth, the strong,
We formed the earth, we formed the world,
And we will be here when all else crumbles."

Perhaps it was Flutter's perfection that doomed her. One day, while she was throwing away old candle stubs and dumping out soiled bathwater, she met a Mirror named Gemwing. He was traveling alone and exhausted from his journey. She tended to him, retrieving him food and water and bandages for his wounds. It didn't take her long to care intensely for him, but the Clan would not allow a Mirror among them. The gentle, dainty Fae could not imagine having a ferocious spawn of the Plaguebringer in their midst. Flutter's affection for the Mirror offended her parents. How could their sweet little angel fall for such a brute? But Flutter refused to try and brush her feelings away -- she knew the truth of the lone Gemwing, the truth that her parents and Clan could not.

Gemwing planned quickly to move on, not wanting to face any wrath from the Clan of Fae. Flutter, suffering from love-at-first-sight, decided to run away with him. In the dead of night, she and Gemwing left the Pillar of the World. During their travels, they became increasingly close. Flutter proposed tending a nest together, and Gemwing agreed. They created a lair in the Shattered Plain, with the blessing of the Earthshaker. Soon after, they were blessed with two eggs -- their first and beloved hatchlings.

Long: (written for DiamondSuits)

It's quite long, so here is a link: http://sta.sh/0ekqa7f51fn

Can I haggle with you?

Absolutely! These are ranges, and we can talk about where to comfortably settle for the both of us. There are also a few points that will change the pricing a bit. You are basically paying me for the effort put forth. So, your commission will be more expensive if I'm creating everything from scratch. If you have lore already created for me to work with, or if you already have some base personality traits and life milestones for the dragon I am writing for, the commission will be cheaper. More expensive commissions will include more detail and more information, such as what the dragon does for a living, information about their parents, children, and/or siblings, if they've traveled, what their clan life is like, etc. The price will correspond with the effort and length as best as I am able to judge.

I might consider taking skins/items/Familiars for payment, if they can be sold for equal value.

Once I pay you, is this content mine?

Yes. Once I have received payment for the commission, what I have written now belongs to you. You can show it off however you wish, edit it as things change, etc. However. You must always give me credit. A simple (Written By: McAlli) at the bottom of the bio is fine. You must not claim that you wrote it. That's super unfair.

If I check up on a Bio I've made for you and see that you haven't credited me, I'll send a message to remind you. People forget sometimes. If you refuse, or later delete the credit again, I reserve the right to refuse your business should you commission me again..

How do we get this started?

I'm going to open five slots at a time. Ping me to sign up for a slot, and I'll put you on the list. Then I will PM you to get the details of the dragon bio(s) you want.
Once I'm finished writing, I will PM you the work. If you're happy with it, then you pay me our agreed amount, and done! If you're not happy with it, please offer revisions or additions. I will not charge for revisions, but I may charge for additions depending on how bulky the additions are.

Can I commission you more than once/for more than one dragon?

Of course! You can commission as many dragon bios from me as you want -- you will only take up one slot. However, multiple dragon commissions will take more time, and people who fill slots after you may be served first depending on the workload. And remember, the prices are per dragon, not per slot.

Edit: As of 3/3/2016, I've decided that it's more lucrative to accept only three dragons per slot at a time. As in, you may ask me to write for three dragons and that will take up one slot. If you need more dragons than that, you will be put on the end of the wait-list and will have to wait your turn again. (Hope this makes sense!)

If you commission me for a dragon bio, and then commission me for an addition on that same bio at a later date, I will give you a discount. Ex: I wrote a bio for your Progen. A few weeks later, your Progen's story progresses and needs the new information. You can commission me to tack on the extra, keeping the writing style intact, and I'll charge a considerably less amount (less than a short bio price), for that addition. This does NOT apply to additions made before the payment of the original bio.

Please have at least the minimum price in your selected range stashed away before you ping me for a slot.

Please ping me (@McAlli) if you are interested!

UPDATE: Thanks to some help from friends, I'm now able to offer a Bio Template! Unfortunately, I'm only currently able to offer one, but for those of you who would like a simple but interesting template for their bios, I'm offering them for just an extra 2,000 treasure!

The Template includes the dragon's name, three chosen personality traits, their role within the clan if they have one, a flag denoting their Element, and chosen items that pertain to them!
If you'd like some examples, please take a look at my Dragons Briinah, Fickle, and Iraneth !
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
If you've got a slot, you can always check and see how your commission is going. I'll keep these updated.

Slot 1:
Slot 2:
Slot 3:
Slot 4:
Slot 5:

Satisfied Customers:
Marchelute
Curvella
Cgnx
GhostQueen13
Apollomi
HeavensWish
Rattz
Axikor
BeefyStew
Necr0w
SoundwaveKun
Fletchinder
heavenleigh
Kricket317
Kiryo
Helsing
Dessoestma
If you've got a slot, you can always check and see how your commission is going. I'll keep these updated.

Slot 1:
Slot 2:
Slot 3:
Slot 4:
Slot 5:

Satisfied Customers:
Marchelute
Curvella
Cgnx
GhostQueen13
Apollomi
HeavensWish
Rattz
Axikor
BeefyStew
Necr0w
SoundwaveKun
Fletchinder
heavenleigh
Kricket317
Kiryo
Helsing
Dessoestma
@MallyMcAlli [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13130609] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/131307/13130609_350.png[/img] Am I your first customer? :D What I would like to order is a long bio for Necrosis- Personality- Unlike her element she is a very nice tundra, she loves to help others but is almost always misunderstood. She wants to take medical classes so she can help other dragons, however all of the classes she had tried to attend had told her she simply couldn't because she was from plague. Background- Ever since she was hatched she had been wondering about her parents, she once asked a wise old guardian but the guardian looked at her with sad eyes and told her she had none. The guardian had stated that one of the clan members had found a lonely egg and took it inside, when the clan member saw the hatchling inside she shivered and left it by the guardians cave. No parents? That simply couldn't be right, could it? That's what Necrosis had pondered on for so many years, and she still does today. She had wished upon every star, in hope of finding parents or someone to raise her, but none of her wishes were never granted. Necrosis was always an outcast, apparently no one wanted to be friends with a 'plauge' they were all afraid they might get ill so they always left her by herself. She looked for a mate before, but every single dragon turned her down. She now has traveled to a different clan hoping for a new beginning. Would this be enough to give you a good start?
@MallyMcAlli

13130609_350.png

Am I your first customer? :D

What I would like to order is a long bio for Necrosis-

Personality-
Unlike her element she is a very nice tundra, she loves to help others but is almost always misunderstood. She wants to take medical classes so she can help other dragons, however all of the classes she had tried to attend had told her she simply couldn't because she was from plague.

Background-
Ever since she was hatched she had been wondering about her parents, she once asked a wise old guardian but the guardian looked at her with sad eyes and told her she had none. The guardian had stated that one of the clan members had found a lonely egg and took it inside, when the clan member saw the hatchling inside she shivered and left it by the guardians cave.
No parents? That simply couldn't be right, could it? That's what Necrosis had pondered on for so many years, and she still does today. She had wished upon every star, in hope of finding parents or someone to raise her, but none of her wishes were never granted.
Necrosis was always an outcast, apparently no one wanted to be friends with a 'plauge' they were all afraid they might get ill so they always left her by herself. She looked for a mate before, but every single dragon turned her down. She now has traveled to a different clan hoping for a new beginning.

Would this be enough to give you a good start?
EvpE4kZ.png
@Aeolix

Yep! The first to pop onto his thread! Thanks! :)
I'm going to PM you. Let's talk in depth about your dragon.
@Aeolix

Yep! The first to pop onto his thread! Thanks! :)
I'm going to PM you. Let's talk in depth about your dragon.
@MallyMcAlli
Sounds great! Thanks!
@MallyMcAlli
Sounds great! Thanks!
EvpE4kZ.png
@MallyMcAlli Could I get short bios for these? They will be level 25 glass cannons. Please do not mention specifics regarding clan or other dragons - vague things ok, they'll just be moving to new lairs soon. Other than that go nuts! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12212794] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/122128/12212794_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12027010] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120271/12027010_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12605586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126056/12605586_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12725423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127255/12725423_350.png[/img] [/url]
@MallyMcAlli

Could I get short bios for these? They will be level 25 glass cannons. Please do not mention specifics regarding clan or other dragons - vague things ok, they'll just be moving to new lairs soon. Other than that go nuts!

12212794_350.png

12027010_350.png

12605586_350.png

12725423_350.png
FRLL21T.png
VUFjPIB.png
@MallyMcAlli Are you able to format for decorative bios as well? Or are we paying for just the writing portion?
@MallyMcAlli Are you able to format for decorative bios as well? Or are we paying for just the writing portion?
beanbanner2_by_beefystew-daz42b2.png
@BeefyStew

Unfortunately I don't know how to do the decorative stuff. I only really do the writing. I could look into how to do the decorative stuff, I don't think it's too terribly complicated, but that would take some time. Adding it to my repertoire would be beneficial, and I would be more than happy to do that sort of thing. But at this time, I don't do decorative bios. I'm sorry.
@BeefyStew

Unfortunately I don't know how to do the decorative stuff. I only really do the writing. I could look into how to do the decorative stuff, I don't think it's too terribly complicated, but that would take some time. Adding it to my repertoire would be beneficial, and I would be more than happy to do that sort of thing. But at this time, I don't do decorative bios. I'm sorry.
@MallyMcAlli That's alright! I'd still be more than happy to commission for your writing C:
Should I send you a PM?
@MallyMcAlli That's alright! I'd still be more than happy to commission for your writing C:
Should I send you a PM?
beanbanner2_by_beefystew-daz42b2.png
@MallyMcAlli;; if you write fluffy otp fanfics of actual characters @Xairathan might dump money at you for some NGE stuff
@MallyMcAlli;; if you write fluffy otp fanfics of actual characters @Xairathan might dump money at you for some NGE stuff
8dtZ7nB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11