Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 72 73
I know a lot of sites, games, fourms, etc, tend to just wait for the community to learn to deal with a new implemented mechanic. Sweep the few fans who hate change under the rug. After all, they'll get used to it!

If y'all change how stats in coliseum are implemented, yeah you'll get uproar, but it'll quiet and extinguish itself over time.

This is a very different kind of problem though.

This is about accessibility and treating your disabled fanbase with respect.

We're not asking for some auto-grinder or a free pass from getting captchas at all! We're simply asking for the captchas to be easy to see. Something that should've been implemented from the very beginning. We're not looking for special treatment, but basic human decency and respect.

I know a lot of sites, games, fourms, etc, tend to just wait for the community to learn to deal with a new implemented mechanic. Sweep the few fans who hate change under the rug. After all, they'll get used to it!

If y'all change how stats in coliseum are implemented, yeah you'll get uproar, but it'll quiet and extinguish itself over time.

This is a very different kind of problem though.

This is about accessibility and treating your disabled fanbase with respect.

We're not asking for some auto-grinder or a free pass from getting captchas at all! We're simply asking for the captchas to be easy to see. Something that should've been implemented from the very beginning. We're not looking for special treatment, but basic human decency and respect.

LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
I'm at a very genuine loss at how else to word this argument anymore. I can repeat myself over and over and the people replying to this thread can rehash the exact same ideas and points over and over.

Yet we get no response.

What else do we do?

Do any of you guys care?

Are we that easy to ignore?
I'm at a very genuine loss at how else to word this argument anymore. I can repeat myself over and over and the people replying to this thread can rehash the exact same ideas and points over and over.

Yet we get no response.

What else do we do?

Do any of you guys care?

Are we that easy to ignore?
@PinesAwait
Umm, a mod posted a few pages back?...
@PinesAwait
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-03-29 05:13:12" ] @PinesAwait Umm, a mod posted a few pages back?... [/quote] What? I’ll have to look. If that’s true then I’m so sorry. I genuinely thought no one had even looked at this thred. My mistake. Welp I’m dense! @RedWilla
RedWillia wrote on 2018-03-29 05:13:12:
@PinesAwait

What?

I’ll have to look. If that’s true then I’m so sorry. I genuinely thought no one had even looked at this thred. My mistake.

Welp I’m dense! @RedWilla
@Redwilla

Page 21. I’m so sorry I had missed that. That’s embarrassing on my part.
@Redwilla

So, I have finally gotten a chance to venture into the new coli, and WOW this is terrible? I'm glad it's not just me. I literally can't tell which TINY image is a dragon on most of these. Tiny, ROTATED, with usually terrible contrast on a busy background?

It's miserable. And then all the distraction images are ALSO rotated??? And also tend to blend into the background colors??? And SO MANY familiars have wings, and, especially rotated, their silhouettes COULD BE dragons, when everything's too tiny to make out details...

Maybe it would help me, at least a little, if the camp thing said what KIND of dragon I was looking for? But that's not really a solution, even if it did help. (Like, you're looking for an adult female imperial -- oh! so it's PROBABLY that round-ish blog instead of this squiggle-y blog that could be a skydancer!)
So, I have finally gotten a chance to venture into the new coli, and WOW this is terrible? I'm glad it's not just me. I literally can't tell which TINY image is a dragon on most of these. Tiny, ROTATED, with usually terrible contrast on a busy background?

It's miserable. And then all the distraction images are ALSO rotated??? And also tend to blend into the background colors??? And SO MANY familiars have wings, and, especially rotated, their silhouettes COULD BE dragons, when everything's too tiny to make out details...

Maybe it would help me, at least a little, if the camp thing said what KIND of dragon I was looking for? But that's not really a solution, even if it did help. (Like, you're looking for an adult female imperial -- oh! so it's PROBABLY that round-ish blog instead of this squiggle-y blog that could be a skydancer!)
Just came back from a year-long hiatus and boy, do I hate these captcha things. I've been trying to grind in the coli to earn some $$ to fund a breeding project but omg, I can't get more than 4-5 turns in without having to deal with one of those things. The buffs aren't even worth it.

The biggest downside is that it is terribly hard to see the dragons. I have to squint after zooming in on many of them, and even then, it can be really hard to differentiate some dragons from certain companions. It even seems like some of the dragons have been intentionally placed to be difficult to see. (Maybe that's the point?) I haven't even been playing in the coli for more than 30 minutes and I've already got eye strain from trying to look at those things.

Just came back from a year-long hiatus and boy, do I hate these captcha things. I've been trying to grind in the coli to earn some $$ to fund a breeding project but omg, I can't get more than 4-5 turns in without having to deal with one of those things. The buffs aren't even worth it.

The biggest downside is that it is terribly hard to see the dragons. I have to squint after zooming in on many of them, and even then, it can be really hard to differentiate some dragons from certain companions. It even seems like some of the dragons have been intentionally placed to be difficult to see. (Maybe that's the point?) I haven't even been playing in the coli for more than 30 minutes and I've already got eye strain from trying to look at those things.

EOrlrwo.gif
I think this is what is going on with the people who reported clicking on the dragon but still got failed by the system:

The dragons appear to have some sort of "hitbox" around them that still counts as clicking on the dragon, but if you click slightly beyond that invisible edge, it counts as clicking the background and you fail the captcha.
I think this is what is going on with the people who reported clicking on the dragon but still got failed by the system:

The dragons appear to have some sort of "hitbox" around them that still counts as clicking on the dragon, but if you click slightly beyond that invisible edge, it counts as clicking the background and you fail the captcha.
[quote name="PinesAwait" date="2018-03-29 05:35:26" ] @Redwilla Page 21. I’m so sorry I had missed that. That’s embarrassing on my part. [/quote] @PinesAwait Don't be embarrassed. The point is that a response from the devs on an issue this big that has had so many people frustrated and commenting on it, shouldn't have had a response from them buried in a thread. The professional thing would have been to make a formal announcement.
PinesAwait wrote on 2018-03-29 05:35:26:
@Redwilla

@PinesAwait

Don't be embarrassed. The point is that a response from the devs on an issue this big that has had so many people frustrated and commenting on it, shouldn't have had a response from them buried in a thread. The professional thing would have been to make a formal announcement.
an option to disable the captchas from appearing randomly after battles would be stellar.

i can see how helpful this would be for users who're new to the coliseum or training new dragons.. but ey', level 25 dragons don't have a lot of use for 'em, y'know?

ain't a bad coliseum update, just a tad rough around the edges.
an option to disable the captchas from appearing randomly after battles would be stellar.

i can see how helpful this would be for users who're new to the coliseum or training new dragons.. but ey', level 25 dragons don't have a lot of use for 'em, y'know?

ain't a bad coliseum update, just a tad rough around the edges.
950a86865f6761438dd566a2b0e4cf6fa5a864fc.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 72 73