Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | FAQs and Answers
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
@Naegiri

I was told before, sorry. I know it now.
@Naegiri

I was told before, sorry. I know it now.
Moonwatcher-Hatchery-Banner-1.png
What dragon breeds originated in Lightning? I know Tundras and Gaolors originated in Ice, but no nothing about what flights other breeds originated from.
What dragon breeds originated in Lightning? I know Tundras and Gaolors originated in Ice, but no nothing about what flights other breeds originated from.
b04qJywAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
@StrangeBeing
Every breed's entry in the Encyclopedia has what element they're from! (or at least which area in their origin elemental territory.) Ridgebacks are currently the only breed from Lightning :D
@StrangeBeing
Every breed's entry in the Encyclopedia has what element they're from! (or at least which area in their origin elemental territory.) Ridgebacks are currently the only breed from Lightning :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Unstickying this thread and replacing it with this one.
Done with the permission of both thread owners.
@Praeses @Naegiri, please contact me if you believe an error has been made.
Unstickying this thread and replacing it with this one.
Done with the permission of both thread owners.
@Praeses @Naegiri, please contact me if you believe an error has been made.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
Couldn't find this question anywhere, so thought I'd ask it here. Is there a particular reason costs are so high? What I mean is, is there a particular reason that things in the Treasure Marketplace cost ten times as much as they sell for?
Couldn't find this question anywhere, so thought I'd ask it here. Is there a particular reason costs are so high? What I mean is, is there a particular reason that things in the Treasure Marketplace cost ten times as much as they sell for?
@ChakatStripedfur heads up - there are already existing tiny questions/"FAQ" threads stickied at the top of this forum. this thread is old; best to check the date of the thread and recent posts before bumping a thread back up!

to answer the question, the sell value listed on the tooltip is just what the site will pay for it as part of "trashing" it and removing it from the game, not necessarily what it sells for between other users. i don't believe staff have ever mentioned exactly why they decided this, but the difference between the sell value and standard purchase price is presumably part of a currency sink and is a common feature in many games, not just FR. (Pokemon games, for example, will buy back items at about half their purchase value iirc. in some games, you can put it down to the challenge of another aspect of resource management.)

treasure sinks help keep inflation low and regulate the economy. with how easy it is to get treasure (75kT in 15 minutes if you know G&G, plus the functionally infinite amount you can get from exalting and the Coliseum), it would be very easy for treasure to build up too much to hold value, so treasure sinks like this are a very good thing. (hence why breed/gene scrolls in particular cost so much to begin with, and lair expansions climb in value the further you expand as well.)
@ChakatStripedfur heads up - there are already existing tiny questions/"FAQ" threads stickied at the top of this forum. this thread is old; best to check the date of the thread and recent posts before bumping a thread back up!

to answer the question, the sell value listed on the tooltip is just what the site will pay for it as part of "trashing" it and removing it from the game, not necessarily what it sells for between other users. i don't believe staff have ever mentioned exactly why they decided this, but the difference between the sell value and standard purchase price is presumably part of a currency sink and is a common feature in many games, not just FR. (Pokemon games, for example, will buy back items at about half their purchase value iirc. in some games, you can put it down to the challenge of another aspect of resource management.)

treasure sinks help keep inflation low and regulate the economy. with how easy it is to get treasure (75kT in 15 minutes if you know G&G, plus the functionally infinite amount you can get from exalting and the Coliseum), it would be very easy for treasure to build up too much to hold value, so treasure sinks like this are a very good thing. (hence why breed/gene scrolls in particular cost so much to begin with, and lair expansions climb in value the further you expand as well.)
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100