Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your Hyperfixations & Special Interests!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I used to have so many, but lately I've just... I don't know. It's not that I've lost interest in my fixations, it's just that I don't have the energy to think about them, ya know? With everything that's going on... trust me, I want to escape. I really do. The energy just isn't there...

But, my fandom hyperfixations are
-Devil May Cry
-Dishonored
-Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I'm an Alexios player and I'm sorry but I love my soft misthios boi)
-FFXV
-Legend of Zelda

Other fixations
-writing fanfiction (though I can't do that right now, since I'm a clumsy goof who messed up both my arms. It isn't painful to write, but I'm erring on the side of caution for now)
-playing the aformentioned videogames (I've sunk three hundred hours into Odyssey and haven't even gotten halfway through the plot. I've spent most of that time just flat out exploring. Once the world opened up, Alexios and I just started disappearing into the wilds for weeks on end lol the game is so gorgeous, it's difficult not to get lost in it)

I've also got Dark Hearts; a huge crossover fic I started back in November for NaNoWriMo. I'm probably never going to post it anywhere, but I love writing it and thinking about it and playing through scenes in my head... I miss it so much right now since I can't write... I can't wait to get back to it. Crossing my fingers I'll be able to participate in April Camp this year. Just to bring back some normalcy. Something to distract me from... well... everything right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have ADHD, whoopse lol
I used to have so many, but lately I've just... I don't know. It's not that I've lost interest in my fixations, it's just that I don't have the energy to think about them, ya know? With everything that's going on... trust me, I want to escape. I really do. The energy just isn't there...

But, my fandom hyperfixations are
-Devil May Cry
-Dishonored
-Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I'm an Alexios player and I'm sorry but I love my soft misthios boi)
-FFXV
-Legend of Zelda

Other fixations
-writing fanfiction (though I can't do that right now, since I'm a clumsy goof who messed up both my arms. It isn't painful to write, but I'm erring on the side of caution for now)
-playing the aformentioned videogames (I've sunk three hundred hours into Odyssey and haven't even gotten halfway through the plot. I've spent most of that time just flat out exploring. Once the world opened up, Alexios and I just started disappearing into the wilds for weeks on end lol the game is so gorgeous, it's difficult not to get lost in it)

I've also got Dark Hearts; a huge crossover fic I started back in November for NaNoWriMo. I'm probably never going to post it anywhere, but I love writing it and thinking about it and playing through scenes in my head... I miss it so much right now since I can't write... I can't wait to get back to it. Crossing my fingers I'll be able to participate in April Camp this year. Just to bring back some normalcy. Something to distract me from... well... everything right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have ADHD, whoopse lol
i dont know if im neurodivergent or not so am i even allowed to post here.. i do think about rayman all the time currently. i just get into series super hard like that. and mario of course
also. slaps table Speculative Biology
i dont know if im neurodivergent or not so am i even allowed to post here.. i do think about rayman all the time currently. i just get into series super hard like that. and mario of course
also. slaps table Speculative Biology
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
it was zelda for a long time but since i played swsh it's been pokemon!! also a bit of animal crossing
it was zelda for a long time but since i played swsh it's been pokemon!! also a bit of animal crossing
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
Undiagnosed currently, but I suspect I have both autism and ADHD and it's a heckin bad fun time

Special interests spanning over most of my life are probably biology, music, dragons, cats and rats; my current hyperfixations are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Warcraft and possibly Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku, but I haven't gone too far into that yet

I'm very... I don't want to say bipolar? but if I'm interested in something, it's all or nothing. JJBA's newest anime installation isn't reeling me in as much as part 3 did, and I can't focus on the manga unless I have a physical copy, so I'm kinda stuck in limbo, knowing all the big spoilers just from being around as VA's anime released but not knowing all the in-between because I can't keep myself focused on watching it.

It's hard for me to be casually interested in something, is probably a better way of putting it
Undiagnosed currently, but I suspect I have both autism and ADHD and it's a heckin bad fun time

Special interests spanning over most of my life are probably biology, music, dragons, cats and rats; my current hyperfixations are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Warcraft and possibly Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku, but I haven't gone too far into that yet

I'm very... I don't want to say bipolar? but if I'm interested in something, it's all or nothing. JJBA's newest anime installation isn't reeling me in as much as part 3 did, and I can't focus on the manga unless I have a physical copy, so I'm kinda stuck in limbo, knowing all the big spoilers just from being around as VA's anime released but not knowing all the in-between because I can't keep myself focused on watching it.

It's hard for me to be casually interested in something, is probably a better way of putting it
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
Rewriting my last post b/c I didn't like the formatting lmao

Special interests:
- theme parks
- animatronics
- theme park animatronics
- halloween theme park animatronics

Hyperfixations, kinda sorta in order of most to least current:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Furby
- The Arcana
- Flight Rising
- obligatory Pokemon

(Not to say that I'm any less in love with any one of these over another, I just wanted to put them in some sort of order.)
Rewriting my last post b/c I didn't like the formatting lmao

Special interests:
- theme parks
- animatronics
- theme park animatronics
- halloween theme park animatronics

Hyperfixations, kinda sorta in order of most to least current:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Furby
- The Arcana
- Flight Rising
- obligatory Pokemon

(Not to say that I'm any less in love with any one of these over another, I just wanted to put them in some sort of order.)
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
Autistic here! I've had loads of different hyperfixations/special interests over time but these are just the current ones.

Hyperfixations:
  • Your Turn To Die. It's been my main hyperfixation for around 6-7 months now I think? (I'm basing that number from how old my oldest YTTD fanderg is.) I just... love it so much! The plot is interesting, the characters are great and the soundtrack is amazing too! It's just so good. (Fun fact! I wrote an essay/review of Your Turn To Die for my English class and since I hadn't written many long writing pieces and having my exams cancelled, that piece of pure adoration and rambling will probably be one of the key factors in determining what grade I get. Oops.)
  • Danganronpa. As you can tell, I have a thing for death game visual novels. It was my main hyperfixation for around 2-3 years from mid-late 2016 to mid 2019 when I found YTTD. I still love it very much, with the whole isolation thing I've spent more time looking at more DR content and it's a very easy rabbit hole to fall down.
  • Flight Rising. I'm literally wearing a FR shirt as I'm typing this. I love my little pixel dragons so much. I don't think I could ever leave the site because I'd feel too bad about my dragons starving so I'm probably here for good.
Special Interests:
  • Forensics. This is probably why I love death game visual novels so much. This links to how I also have an interest in True Crime but it's not quite enough to be a hyperfixation/special interest, I just find it interesting. I have a conditional offer for a college to do a forensics course which I'm super hyped about! (If I don't get the grades, I also have an offer for a medical course in a college closer to home so that's okay too.)
  • Dragons. I have a problem with buying random cheap dragon related things and I should probably stop but.. Dagons. It absolutely doesn't help that I spend a lot of time in Wales, AKA the land of dragons/random dragon merchandise.
  • Pokemon. Everyone seems to love Pokemon. I specifically like Pokemon X, which I have FAR too many hours on but that's just how that works sometimes.
Autistic here! I've had loads of different hyperfixations/special interests over time but these are just the current ones.

Hyperfixations:
  • Your Turn To Die. It's been my main hyperfixation for around 6-7 months now I think? (I'm basing that number from how old my oldest YTTD fanderg is.) I just... love it so much! The plot is interesting, the characters are great and the soundtrack is amazing too! It's just so good. (Fun fact! I wrote an essay/review of Your Turn To Die for my English class and since I hadn't written many long writing pieces and having my exams cancelled, that piece of pure adoration and rambling will probably be one of the key factors in determining what grade I get. Oops.)
  • Danganronpa. As you can tell, I have a thing for death game visual novels. It was my main hyperfixation for around 2-3 years from mid-late 2016 to mid 2019 when I found YTTD. I still love it very much, with the whole isolation thing I've spent more time looking at more DR content and it's a very easy rabbit hole to fall down.
  • Flight Rising. I'm literally wearing a FR shirt as I'm typing this. I love my little pixel dragons so much. I don't think I could ever leave the site because I'd feel too bad about my dragons starving so I'm probably here for good.
Special Interests:
  • Forensics. This is probably why I love death game visual novels so much. This links to how I also have an interest in True Crime but it's not quite enough to be a hyperfixation/special interest, I just find it interesting. I have a conditional offer for a college to do a forensics course which I'm super hyped about! (If I don't get the grades, I also have an offer for a medical course in a college closer to home so that's okay too.)
  • Dragons. I have a problem with buying random cheap dragon related things and I should probably stop but.. Dagons. It absolutely doesn't help that I spend a lot of time in Wales, AKA the land of dragons/random dragon merchandise.
  • Pokemon. Everyone seems to love Pokemon. I specifically like Pokemon X, which I have FAR too many hours on but that's just how that works sometimes.
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
Autistic and adhd here!
generally my special interest is kinda just thinking about the way people think. I love psychology, anthropology, and linguistics, and I use that interest to try and create accurate cultures and characters in my writing. And dragons, of course. I've loved them for as long as I can remember.
As for hyperfixations, my main one right now is Mo Dao Zu Shi! I have a couple different interests that I've loved for so long that I don't know if they really count as hyperfixations? Mainly Tolkien. I don't think about it much right now but if someone brings it up I can jump right back into my encyclopedic knowledge of the topic with just as much enthusiasm as when I first got into it. I'm unsure if that counts as a hyperfixation or just a general interest(I don't know anyone else in the autistic or adhd community so how it all works is a little fuzzy for me)
Autistic and adhd here!
generally my special interest is kinda just thinking about the way people think. I love psychology, anthropology, and linguistics, and I use that interest to try and create accurate cultures and characters in my writing. And dragons, of course. I've loved them for as long as I can remember.
As for hyperfixations, my main one right now is Mo Dao Zu Shi! I have a couple different interests that I've loved for so long that I don't know if they really count as hyperfixations? Mainly Tolkien. I don't think about it much right now but if someone brings it up I can jump right back into my encyclopedic knowledge of the topic with just as much enthusiasm as when I first got into it. I'm unsure if that counts as a hyperfixation or just a general interest(I don't know anyone else in the autistic or adhd community so how it all works is a little fuzzy for me)
She/her -- +1 FR time --

On hiatus
LRdLP2V.pngXbjATWE.png
bYt72YT.pngMtGlogH.png
i forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but aside from my current hyperfixations on video games, a special interest of mine that i've had all my life is astronomy.

if it's space-related i'm all over it. i can sit and watch documentaries on outer space for DAYS. i love researching everything there is to know about things beyond our world.

it's why i kinda miss being in the arcane flight, haha - but i already have my shadow flight aesthetics set in stone and i don't wanna switch it up. i'll still collect space-themed dragons though! *w*
i forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but aside from my current hyperfixations on video games, a special interest of mine that i've had all my life is astronomy.

if it's space-related i'm all over it. i can sit and watch documentaries on outer space for DAYS. i love researching everything there is to know about things beyond our world.

it's why i kinda miss being in the arcane flight, haha - but i already have my shadow flight aesthetics set in stone and i don't wanna switch it up. i'll still collect space-themed dragons though! *w*
9vd48xw.png
@coopdrifter
Oh man there's a lot I love, but rn it's gotta be Shadowsight from the latest arc!! Otherwise probably a tie between Windstar, Grey Wing and Scourge lmao
@coopdrifter
Oh man there's a lot I love, but rn it's gotta be Shadowsight from the latest arc!! Otherwise probably a tie between Windstar, Grey Wing and Scourge lmao
BhNPnkO.gif
My family (and extended family) is full of adhd members and autistic members! Statistically, my direct family alone is 70% percent (?) adhd. Their special interests and hyperfixations are below!

-Garry Marshall's films
-Romantic-comedies
-Video games (with a typically fixation on one game at a time)
-Sharks
-Football/soccer
-Animals
-Rhinoceroses

I might be something. I visited a psychologist and he said I might be adhd or on the autism spectrum. However, he was also a sexist (flirted. with. me.), racist, ableist jerk, so I never visited him again. However, my parents do refer to these as my hyperfixations and "special" interests (I don't think they know what it means, though).

(If anyone feels offended please call me out and I'll take it down)

-Mythology, mythological creatures, and Dragons (Dear heck, I hoard dragon related memorabilia, have read/watched/seen any dragon-related thing I can afford, and just generally think/talk about dragons all. the. time.)(How to Train Your Dragon and Wings of Fire count, too)
-SCIENCE (any type but a focus on computer/biology/chemistry) and Nature (Any and all living things, but a special focus on the more "scary/creepy" things and also oak trees).
-Mesozoic life/Jurassic Park (I can quote that entire movie chronologically and from memory!)
-1700's stuff, with an emphasis on the weird facts and coats.
-Frankenstein/cellular reanimation (started out with a dead fish at the market, extended after my bird died and I saw Frankenweenie, before culminating in 2018/2019 where I finally got into the original book).

Plus art/poetry/books related to anything above.
My family (and extended family) is full of adhd members and autistic members! Statistically, my direct family alone is 70% percent (?) adhd. Their special interests and hyperfixations are below!

-Garry Marshall's films
-Romantic-comedies
-Video games (with a typically fixation on one game at a time)
-Sharks
-Football/soccer
-Animals
-Rhinoceroses

I might be something. I visited a psychologist and he said I might be adhd or on the autism spectrum. However, he was also a sexist (flirted. with. me.), racist, ableist jerk, so I never visited him again. However, my parents do refer to these as my hyperfixations and "special" interests (I don't think they know what it means, though).

(If anyone feels offended please call me out and I'll take it down)

-Mythology, mythological creatures, and Dragons (Dear heck, I hoard dragon related memorabilia, have read/watched/seen any dragon-related thing I can afford, and just generally think/talk about dragons all. the. time.)(How to Train Your Dragon and Wings of Fire count, too)
-SCIENCE (any type but a focus on computer/biology/chemistry) and Nature (Any and all living things, but a special focus on the more "scary/creepy" things and also oak trees).
-Mesozoic life/Jurassic Park (I can quote that entire movie chronologically and from memory!)
-1700's stuff, with an emphasis on the weird facts and coats.
-Frankenstein/cellular reanimation (started out with a dead fish at the market, extended after my bird died and I saw Frankenweenie, before culminating in 2018/2019 where I finally got into the original book).

Plus art/poetry/books related to anything above.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10