Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your Hyperfixations & Special Interests!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I wrote a novel here before so I'm just going to list them:
  • Pokemon (don't we all)
  • JoJo (help)
  • Paleontology
  • Ecology
  • Speculative biology (especially Serina)
  • All animals, but especially birds and obscure invertebrates
  • Fandom culture and its history
  • Japanese voice actors (mostly the men because I tend to watch anime with male-dominated casts)
  • Disney, unfortunately
I wrote a novel here before so I'm just going to list them:
  • Pokemon (don't we all)
  • JoJo (help)
  • Paleontology
  • Ecology
  • Speculative biology (especially Serina)
  • All animals, but especially birds and obscure invertebrates
  • Fandom culture and its history
  • Japanese voice actors (mostly the men because I tend to watch anime with male-dominated casts)
  • Disney, unfortunately
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
My main thing for years has always been Pokémon. So much so that I pretty much know every call and can identify it. I don’t ever see me leaving the Pokémon fandom.

But recently it was or has been Fortnite and Dead by Daylight. But due to a bad situation at home, I’ve been pretty much kept from all of my interests and have been struggling. I don’t mean to bring negativity here, but it was a lot to try and get used to the drastic, forced change. ;o;

But uh now I’ve been putting my focus into Flight Rising. Before here it was Neopets. It always seems I stick to one or two focuses at the time, one stronger than the other, to cope.

Edit: And I guess another... strange? Special interest I have is gore and horror. That’ll always be something I’m really interested in. And as weird as it may sound, can make me just as happy as any other interest.
My main thing for years has always been Pokémon. So much so that I pretty much know every call and can identify it. I don’t ever see me leaving the Pokémon fandom.

But recently it was or has been Fortnite and Dead by Daylight. But due to a bad situation at home, I’ve been pretty much kept from all of my interests and have been struggling. I don’t mean to bring negativity here, but it was a lot to try and get used to the drastic, forced change. ;o;

But uh now I’ve been putting my focus into Flight Rising. Before here it was Neopets. It always seems I stick to one or two focuses at the time, one stronger than the other, to cope.

Edit: And I guess another... strange? Special interest I have is gore and horror. That’ll always be something I’m really interested in. And as weird as it may sound, can make me just as happy as any other interest.
FObX7rS.pngAQPJNOh.png
7ntZZGM.png4lcODb6.png
S1cx8ZZ.pngqjxrAwx.png
~~~qYB60DT.pnguSbUUST.pngWYwQ8Ya.png7HUqD4J.pngB8tBCuz.png05oEk6N.pngTx2cyqw.png
@Ragsy just wanted to say hard same on the pokemon call thing! when pokemon did that 24 hour livestream I recognized all the pokemon calls and was able to ID the new ones (I think it was impidimp or something) and I got made fun of for this BUT I think its a cool skill to have

and also same on gore
@Ragsy just wanted to say hard same on the pokemon call thing! when pokemon did that 24 hour livestream I recognized all the pokemon calls and was able to ID the new ones (I think it was impidimp or something) and I got made fun of for this BUT I think its a cool skill to have

and also same on gore
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
im autistic and ive been into magnus archives recently!! also sewing stuffed animals which is perfect because i can listen to tma while im sewing lol
im autistic and ive been into magnus archives recently!! also sewing stuffed animals which is perfect because i can listen to tma while im sewing lol
perry - they/them - 20 - i dont know what im doing but im figuring it out!
@RheoTastic Wahh I can’t believe you got made fun of for that!! Maybe I’m biased, but I’ve always found it really cool that I (and others, too!) can just know Pokemon by their cries. I remember when they changed some of them towards the transition of X and Y and I felt that they just weren’t the same. Like for example, I like the way Liepard sounds in Black and White, but it’s call is a lot different in the later games. Still, I can still identify it clearly lol.

And I do remember how exciting that livestream was and getting to hear and reveal stuff. Too bad I passed out through most of it pffft.
@RheoTastic Wahh I can’t believe you got made fun of for that!! Maybe I’m biased, but I’ve always found it really cool that I (and others, too!) can just know Pokemon by their cries. I remember when they changed some of them towards the transition of X and Y and I felt that they just weren’t the same. Like for example, I like the way Liepard sounds in Black and White, but it’s call is a lot different in the later games. Still, I can still identify it clearly lol.

And I do remember how exciting that livestream was and getting to hear and reveal stuff. Too bad I passed out through most of it pffft.
FObX7rS.pngAQPJNOh.png
7ntZZGM.png4lcODb6.png
S1cx8ZZ.pngqjxrAwx.png
~~~qYB60DT.pnguSbUUST.pngWYwQ8Ya.png7HUqD4J.pngB8tBCuz.png05oEk6N.pngTx2cyqw.png
I don't know if I have ADHD/autism (my therapist suggested that I might) but... Sonic's been a huge interest of mine for the past 3 years. Honestly it's kinda ridiculous haha. Love them funky hedgehogs.

A few years back I watched through the entirety of Red vs Blue!! I really need to rewatch it sometime, the Chorus Trilogy is sooo good. I actually wrote a college essay analyzing Felix and Locus... Lopez is my favorite character. Just in general I adore robot characters :"D
I don't know if I have ADHD/autism (my therapist suggested that I might) but... Sonic's been a huge interest of mine for the past 3 years. Honestly it's kinda ridiculous haha. Love them funky hedgehogs.

A few years back I watched through the entirety of Red vs Blue!! I really need to rewatch it sometime, the Chorus Trilogy is sooo good. I actually wrote a college essay analyzing Felix and Locus... Lopez is my favorite character. Just in general I adore robot characters :"D
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
Hello! I’m Lance and I’m on the Autistic Spectrum! :)

I’m still clinging onto Voltron very much.
I didn’t really like S8 as much but people are taking their hatred of it a bit too far. Like, yeah. It was bad. They killed off a character and queerbaited us, but Curtis didn’t actually come out of absolutely NOWHERE. He was in some scenes of S7. He didn’t come out of nowhere.
I’m not the biggest fan of the show anymore but I absolutely adore the characters. Not so much the villains (apart from Lotor because he is... brilliant.) But I love most of the background characters and all of the the Paladins! (I’m 50/50 on Allura, just because she was being kinda racist to Keith at many points in the show but apart from that, I do like her! She’s an interesting enough character. She might not be my favourite but that doesn’t matter really.)

I’m also fixated on The Dragon Prince and She-Ra at the moment-

and a bit of Thor.
Hello! I’m Lance and I’m on the Autistic Spectrum! :)

I’m still clinging onto Voltron very much.
I didn’t really like S8 as much but people are taking their hatred of it a bit too far. Like, yeah. It was bad. They killed off a character and queerbaited us, but Curtis didn’t actually come out of absolutely NOWHERE. He was in some scenes of S7. He didn’t come out of nowhere.
I’m not the biggest fan of the show anymore but I absolutely adore the characters. Not so much the villains (apart from Lotor because he is... brilliant.) But I love most of the background characters and all of the the Paladins! (I’m 50/50 on Allura, just because she was being kinda racist to Keith at many points in the show but apart from that, I do like her! She’s an interesting enough character. She might not be my favourite but that doesn’t matter really.)

I’m also fixated on The Dragon Prince and She-Ra at the moment-

and a bit of Thor.
Adhd here!
Right now I've been fixating on warrior cats since being stuck inside has let me read more but other than that mine are epidemiology/virology, birds (specifically owls), aviation, baking, and beekeeping! i just. really like flight apparently
I also like cards/card games (@ my username lmao) but i don't really count that as a hyperfocus

I have some older ones that I'm not too interested in now but could still rant about them if asked:
-Portal and Portal 2
-Undertale
-The Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus
-My Hero Academia
-Attack on Titan
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Paracord (making bracelets and keychains and stuff like that)
-Horror and scary stuff in general (this one comes and goes every now and then and right now i'm pretty sure it's part of the cycle where its coming back)
Adhd here!
Right now I've been fixating on warrior cats since being stuck inside has let me read more but other than that mine are epidemiology/virology, birds (specifically owls), aviation, baking, and beekeeping! i just. really like flight apparently
I also like cards/card games (@ my username lmao) but i don't really count that as a hyperfocus

I have some older ones that I'm not too interested in now but could still rant about them if asked:
-Portal and Portal 2
-Undertale
-The Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus
-My Hero Academia
-Attack on Titan
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Paracord (making bracelets and keychains and stuff like that)
-Horror and scary stuff in general (this one comes and goes every now and then and right now i'm pretty sure it's part of the cycle where its coming back)

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
My current Hyperfixations are Skyrim and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure(Specifically part 4 but also the whole thing)
My current Hyperfixations are Skyrim and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure(Specifically part 4 but also the whole thing)
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
Currently I’m in a Final Fantasy 6 phase. Thanks Phantom.
Currently I’m in a Final Fantasy 6 phase. Thanks Phantom.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10