Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | runescape!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Dagomor
ooh yeah, i can see that being a big thing... i feel like that's also why there's so many special ironman accounts popping up lately tbh

i've got conflicted feelings about slayer! i didn't like it much at first and it really depends on the task i get for me; right now it's just a thing i do every once in a while when i remember it exists. then again agility is my favorite skill so i'm not sure i get to have much of an opinion on which skills are good sjkgfgfdh

also! pvp is terrifying. how do you do it the answer on osrs is either have an 1-def pure or max and neither seems particularly likely for me atm so i'll probably stay faaaaar away for now
@Dagomor
ooh yeah, i can see that being a big thing... i feel like that's also why there's so many special ironman accounts popping up lately tbh

i've got conflicted feelings about slayer! i didn't like it much at first and it really depends on the task i get for me; right now it's just a thing i do every once in a while when i remember it exists. then again agility is my favorite skill so i'm not sure i get to have much of an opinion on which skills are good sjkgfgfdh

also! pvp is terrifying. how do you do it the answer on osrs is either have an 1-def pure or max and neither seems particularly likely for me atm so i'll probably stay faaaaar away for now
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
@Limanya Pvp is practice, reading/watching lots of guides, still dying, and more practice [emoji=guardian tongue size=1] It took me months of putting my skill set together to be any good at pvp, and then it just went from there. It helped that I bounced between some of the better pvp friends chats. Most of those groups don't want people until they've above basic levels, so I'd say refer to above. For osrs, I assume it's the same deal, but the gearing and tactics are different, except you need a good account build for levels and that was also partly why I never did it, because it was unfun (until max levels, I guess). And then, so many times updates can change some piece of pvp or add new things to use, so the strategy is always evolving.
@Limanya

Pvp is practice, reading/watching lots of guides, still dying, and more practice

It took me months of putting my skill set together to be any good at pvp, and then it just went from there. It helped that I bounced between some of the better pvp friends chats. Most of those groups don't want people until they've above basic levels, so I'd say refer to above. For osrs, I assume it's the same deal, but the gearing and tactics are different, except you need a good account build for levels and that was also partly why I never did it, because it was unfun (until max levels, I guess).

And then, so many times updates can change some piece of pvp or add new things to use, so the strategy is always evolving.
@Dagomor
ah yeah, the account build thing is so huge that it's kinda keeping me away from trying - i might make a low level account sometime and go have fun there, though (i've heard some very interesting things about 40atk pures made for the sole purpose of taking a rune 2h and going to town), but i think i'm gonna keep out of the wildy for now :P

(...until i get to doing hard clues. oh, the joys of being a clue hunter!)

i couldn't decide whether i wanted to post a "rawr means i love you in dinosaur" meme here or make it be "rawr means i love you in dragonkin"... either way, enjoy the update, rs3 folks! i'll be here waiting for osrs prifddinas :P
@Dagomor
ah yeah, the account build thing is so huge that it's kinda keeping me away from trying - i might make a low level account sometime and go have fun there, though (i've heard some very interesting things about 40atk pures made for the sole purpose of taking a rune 2h and going to town), but i think i'm gonna keep out of the wildy for now :P

(...until i get to doing hard clues. oh, the joys of being a clue hunter!)

i couldn't decide whether i wanted to post a "rawr means i love you in dinosaur" meme here or make it be "rawr means i love you in dragonkin"... either way, enjoy the update, rs3 folks! i'll be here waiting for osrs prifddinas :P
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
@limanya
Find some long series to watch whilst running rooftops, it seems to go so much quicker when you stop thinking about it.
Have you tried NMZ yet for combat stats?

@limanya
Find some long series to watch whilst running rooftops, it seems to go so much quicker when you stop thinking about it.
Have you tried NMZ yet for combat stats?

FAA7LEH.pngLRdLP2V.pngrI18gRz.png5BsilZ9.pngTlmcw5e.png
@Anthrax
yeah, i've been watching jjba while doing seers! it works extremely well, especially since i use runelite and then it's just a matter of "click the giant yellow square" over & over again. doing agility like this feels so nice and natural as opposed to other 0-focus methods (i can sorta zone out during wintertodt but it's much easier to pay attention all the time, while with agility it's super easy to keep clicking while doing something else)

and no, i haven't done nmz yet! i've been considering it, but i genuinely just don't understand how it works or what strategies are even available to me. right now my combat training is mostly limited to the occasional slayer task (i've been doing a lot of alching the past few days for magic levels, but i just like melee better most of the time... i say as i only train ranged during slayer. oops)
@Anthrax
yeah, i've been watching jjba while doing seers! it works extremely well, especially since i use runelite and then it's just a matter of "click the giant yellow square" over & over again. doing agility like this feels so nice and natural as opposed to other 0-focus methods (i can sorta zone out during wintertodt but it's much easier to pay attention all the time, while with agility it's super easy to keep clicking while doing something else)

and no, i haven't done nmz yet! i've been considering it, but i genuinely just don't understand how it works or what strategies are even available to me. right now my combat training is mostly limited to the occasional slayer task (i've been doing a lot of alching the past few days for magic levels, but i just like melee better most of the time... i say as i only train ranged during slayer. oops)
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[img]https://i.imgur.com/1sEnG71.png[/img] finally back at doing agility, rate my setup
1sEnG71.png
finally back at doing agility, rate my setup
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="Limanya" date="2019-07-19 13:50:50" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/1sEnG71.png[/img] finally back at doing agility, rate my setup [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hV1aidS.png[/img] 70 def u know what that means... time for a new agility outfit. this is the most efficient way to play and i intend to do it until 99
Limanya wrote on 2019-07-19 13:50:50:
1sEnG71.png
finally back at doing agility, rate my setup
hV1aidS.png
70 def u know what that means... time for a new agility outfit. this is the most efficient way to play and i intend to do it until 99
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
I used to play casually! Lots of fun! But then my account got hacked while I was on vacation and used for botting and the support team told me too bad too sad so I haven't played since... I'd love to keep playing but building up what I had again just isn't worth it to me ugh
But the time I had on there was fun! My little brother and I even made a lyric video in it lol
I used to play casually! Lots of fun! But then my account got hacked while I was on vacation and used for botting and the support team told me too bad too sad so I haven't played since... I'd love to keep playing but building up what I had again just isn't worth it to me ugh
But the time I had on there was fun! My little brother and I even made a lyric video in it lol
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
[quote name="timeblitz" date="2019-07-28 15:06:00" ] I used to play casually! Lots of fun! But then my account got hacked while I was on vacation and used for botting and the support team told me too bad too sad so I haven't played since... I'd love to keep playing but building up what I had again just isn't worth it to me ugh But the time I had on there was fun! My little brother and I even made a lyric video in it lol [/quote] D: oh no, i'm so sorry!!! that's one of my greatest fears right now, and support is... [i]not great[/i] - that really must've sucked :( i don't play rs3 (if that's the game you played) but if you want to start a fresh account on osrs... i don't have that much but i'm totally up for helping you out, if you decide to start playing again!!! just lmk if you ever decide to and i'll come running :D
timeblitz wrote on 2019-07-28 15:06:00:
D: oh no, i'm so sorry!!! that's one of my greatest fears right now, and support is... not great - that really must've sucked :(
i don't play rs3 (if that's the game you played) but if you want to start a fresh account on osrs... i don't have that much but i'm totally up for helping you out, if you decide to start playing again!!! just lmk if you ever decide to and i'll come running :D
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
wow i haven't posted here in a while

anyways! i decided to give rs3 a try again, since i haven't properly played since i quit in 2011 (and immediately got drawn back to dungeoneering again... ahaha). it's been a lot of fun! kinda tricky to find out what things i should prioritize since my character there is super new & most of my experience is with osrs...

i've been doing a few quests here and there and doing a whole lotta dungeoneering since i've missed that so much, and i hope to eventually focus mainly on questing over there, but otherwise i'm pretty lost. if any of the more experienced rs3 players would like to give me some pointers, that's appreciated! (especially gear, i have no idea what's good and what isn't... oops. rn i'm just wearing a full set of mith that i made because smithing is fun for some reason) if anyone wants to add me, chat with me for a bit, or play with me in either game, my current ign is 'i love verac', so feel free to add me ;o

and on the osrs front, progress towards an agility skillcape is steady. i'm at 94 right now, and hope to hit 95 tomorrow! very excited to get my first 99~ and then actually do some quests for once because i gave up everything to go for the 99 ahahaa
wow i haven't posted here in a while

anyways! i decided to give rs3 a try again, since i haven't properly played since i quit in 2011 (and immediately got drawn back to dungeoneering again... ahaha). it's been a lot of fun! kinda tricky to find out what things i should prioritize since my character there is super new & most of my experience is with osrs...

i've been doing a few quests here and there and doing a whole lotta dungeoneering since i've missed that so much, and i hope to eventually focus mainly on questing over there, but otherwise i'm pretty lost. if any of the more experienced rs3 players would like to give me some pointers, that's appreciated! (especially gear, i have no idea what's good and what isn't... oops. rn i'm just wearing a full set of mith that i made because smithing is fun for some reason) if anyone wants to add me, chat with me for a bit, or play with me in either game, my current ign is 'i love verac', so feel free to add me ;o

and on the osrs front, progress towards an agility skillcape is steady. i'm at 94 right now, and hope to hit 95 tomorrow! very excited to get my first 99~ and then actually do some quests for once because i gave up everything to go for the 99 ahahaa
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9