Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What brought you to Flight Rising?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Apologies if this topic has been asked before, I'm simply curious. My journey to Flight Rising began with Neopets, and it started in 2007. Back in around 2009 to around 2013 was my hay-day on Neopets. It used to really be good, even with Viacom's being in charge at the time. Neo lost a lot of it's flavour after Jumpstart took over. I really, really tried to stay interested, but Neo was as doomed as the Titanic had been doomed. I jumped around a few other virtual pet games, but none of them really seemed to have the same sort of community that Neo had. By the by, I will never be able to completely trash Neopets, I had some genuinely good times there, and my friends from Neo were wonderful. Only once Jumpstart took over did things begin to go down. In 2018, I finally joined the community of Flight Rising, and whilst it'll never be completely the same to me as what Neo had been, FR is a welcome substitute that offers many of the same features, plus the breeding feature, which to me is the biggest selling point. I'd love to hear your stories!
Apologies if this topic has been asked before, I'm simply curious. My journey to Flight Rising began with Neopets, and it started in 2007. Back in around 2009 to around 2013 was my hay-day on Neopets. It used to really be good, even with Viacom's being in charge at the time. Neo lost a lot of it's flavour after Jumpstart took over. I really, really tried to stay interested, but Neo was as doomed as the Titanic had been doomed. I jumped around a few other virtual pet games, but none of them really seemed to have the same sort of community that Neo had. By the by, I will never be able to completely trash Neopets, I had some genuinely good times there, and my friends from Neo were wonderful. Only once Jumpstart took over did things begin to go down. In 2018, I finally joined the community of Flight Rising, and whilst it'll never be completely the same to me as what Neo had been, FR is a welcome substitute that offers many of the same features, plus the breeding feature, which to me is the biggest selling point. I'd love to hear your stories!
Adult, Aro/Ace, +3 FR Time
I feel that FR's greatest strengths are the breeding feature, the Coliseum, and the ability to change your dragon's genes and species, as well as the colours. I really appreciate that you need to use in-game treasure to expand the actual lair, instead of the real-money gem currency. A lot of these pet sim games are serious cash grabs, but FR has never really felt like that to me. If you want to have more pets, most pet sim games tell you to buy the real-world currency in order to open one pet slot or whatever. FR simply requires the in-game treasure, which is easily earned and doesn't require real money to obtain. I think I came across FR in a YouTube video, which is what led me to join. Memory is a little fuzzy though. :)
I feel that FR's greatest strengths are the breeding feature, the Coliseum, and the ability to change your dragon's genes and species, as well as the colours. I really appreciate that you need to use in-game treasure to expand the actual lair, instead of the real-money gem currency. A lot of these pet sim games are serious cash grabs, but FR has never really felt like that to me. If you want to have more pets, most pet sim games tell you to buy the real-world currency in order to open one pet slot or whatever. FR simply requires the in-game treasure, which is easily earned and doesn't require real money to obtain. I think I came across FR in a YouTube video, which is what led me to join. Memory is a little fuzzy though. :)
Adult, Aro/Ace, +3 FR Time
I had a couple of Undel's old art books, which included designs for a few FR breeds, as well as prototypes for some of the deities. I randomly decided to check the website out and luckily, registry was open! Back when I joined, you'd have to wait for a registry window usually at the end of each month or so. I've been here since May 2016 :-)
I had a couple of Undel's old art books, which included designs for a few FR breeds, as well as prototypes for some of the deities. I randomly decided to check the website out and luckily, registry was open! Back when I joined, you'd have to wait for a registry window usually at the end of each month or so. I've been here since May 2016 :-)
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
either a friend introduced me to it or i learned about it from someone i followed on tumblr. i can't really remember anymore ^^;
either a friend introduced me to it or i learned about it from someone i followed on tumblr. i can't really remember anymore ^^;
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
It was a long time ago but iirc I saw someone post art of their dragons on Deviantart and I was curious so I had to go take a look. Even before then I already knew of Undel (in a way), as I had both her Dragonart books and had been using them for years, so that was a pleasant surprise :D
It was a long time ago but iirc I saw someone post art of their dragons on Deviantart and I was curious so I had to go take a look. Even before then I already knew of Undel (in a way), as I had both her Dragonart books and had been using them for years, so that was a pleasant surprise :D
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
I think I found fanart of it on either Tumblr or DeviantArt. I was hooked immediately and I'm still here!!
I think I found fanart of it on either Tumblr or DeviantArt. I was hooked immediately and I'm still here!!
hello people of the internet
no I wasn't born in 2000 that's just my username
OrlEqVx.pngE3nmoMt.png
mlHpBMC.png
my wings of fire discord friend group in 2018 started talking about it, i remember them specifically posting pictures of the daydream puffer familiar and i asked what it was from, they just said "FR" though and i had no idea what that meant lol. after a few days of seeing them talk about flight rising stuff i made an account and now its pretty much my main thing. never played or even heard of pet sims before that

i think the community is the best part here, ive seriously never seen such an inviting, unproblematic community online like this EVER. everyone's so helpful, i never see any drama, though im sure it happens but not nearly to a degree you'd expect for the internet, especially compared to some places ive seen. also just the game itself and the people that make it, this is the one game i actually like all the updates to. with other stuff after a certain point it feels like they start ruining the good old aspects of a game but here its just, constant improvement. i cant complain. i think it really shows that the devs actually put passion into this place. this is one of the few things i wouldnt mind spending money on just for the heck of it (if i had any)
my wings of fire discord friend group in 2018 started talking about it, i remember them specifically posting pictures of the daydream puffer familiar and i asked what it was from, they just said "FR" though and i had no idea what that meant lol. after a few days of seeing them talk about flight rising stuff i made an account and now its pretty much my main thing. never played or even heard of pet sims before that

i think the community is the best part here, ive seriously never seen such an inviting, unproblematic community online like this EVER. everyone's so helpful, i never see any drama, though im sure it happens but not nearly to a degree you'd expect for the internet, especially compared to some places ive seen. also just the game itself and the people that make it, this is the one game i actually like all the updates to. with other stuff after a certain point it feels like they start ruining the good old aspects of a game but here its just, constant improvement. i cant complain. i think it really shows that the devs actually put passion into this place. this is one of the few things i wouldnt mind spending money on just for the heck of it (if i had any)
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
I used to play Dragon Cave, and while I'm looking for other games I found FR & surprised dragons are customizable. There's way more features in FR as a web pet game, so I moved to here c:
I used to play Dragon Cave, and while I'm looking for other games I found FR & surprised dragons are customizable. There's way more features in FR as a web pet game, so I moved to here c:
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
I saw a Tumblr post and my life changed
I saw a Tumblr post and my life changed
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
back in 2014 (maybe earlier than that?) i used to look through various artists tumblrs to pass the time
one day i came across one that had flight rising art on it (wish i could remember who)
since little baby me adored dragons and virtual pet sites i decided to look it up
been glued to here ever since (almost 9 years can you believe it)
back in 2014 (maybe earlier than that?) i used to look through various artists tumblrs to pass the time
one day i came across one that had flight rising art on it (wish i could remember who)
since little baby me adored dragons and virtual pet sites i decided to look it up
been glued to here ever since (almost 9 years can you believe it)
lil%20object%20smaller.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11